Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mikujin posted:

Rolling scum two games in a row must suck.

##vote merk

wakka wakka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Other than siv, there wasn’t much talk about night actions. A few people, myself included, said they were not targeting jenx. That’s about it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I tried to target Byers and got egged. I FIRST tried to target Podima and was told Podima isn't in the game. :)

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

I tried to target Byers and got egged. I FIRST tried to target Podima and was told Podima isn't in the game. :)

Sorry, this is wrong. I was trapped in a bubble.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

merk posted:

Sorry, this is wrong. I was trapped in a bubble.

lol!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Tommunist posted:

Toalpaz im not scum im shelf aligned

I'm convinced!

##vote fitty

gimme scum reads and also promise you'll do the thing to me and I'll vote someone else. Yes this is a racket.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

b-minus1 posted:

Other than siv, there wasn’t much talk about night actions. A few people, myself included, said they were not targeting jenx. That’s about it.

Do you remember who said they were targeting jenx? It was me and IS I think.... hmm....

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I posted my intention to protect jenx in my mason (like an idiot) and guess what? Jenx is dead, go figure

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Dick Bastardly posted:

Do you remember who said they were targeting jenx? It was me and IS I think.... hmm....

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Dick Bastardly posted:

I posted my intention to protect jenx in my mason

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Its u IS, isnt it.... you betrayed me didnt you :negative:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Dick Bastardly posted:

Its u IS, isnt it.... you betrayed me didnt you :negative:

##vote DB

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
I thought hum mentioned it as well. I remember someone threatened DB if JenX ended up dead, since they were switching their target away.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Ok, ignore my last post. I clearly have no idea what I’m talking about. I didn’t target Jen x, I know that much

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote hal

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

could you imagine if someone were to suddenly end the day killing 4 scum at once?

:keke:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Not today lol ##vote hal just in case.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Not today lol ##vote hal just in case.

I'll un vote later probably but my reasoning is that out of those four he's the most I'm apathetic about. Idk what people are talking about re KB.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Toalpaz posted:

I'm convinced!

##vote fitty

gimme scum reads and also promise you'll do the thing to me and I'll vote someone else. Yes this is a racket.

Just yuming for now. But yeah I'll do the thing on you unless I have a very specific reason not to. I want to see what it does!

##vote Yuming

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I haven't been around, I've been saving a princess.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hmmm.

I kinda don't have the mind for this game right now after the vileness of the trial I was a juror on. But I'll try to point out a few things.

I think anyone who is throwing shade my way is more suspect just because from my perspective at least, I'm a cleared town KB who scum can't kill at night. That has gotta be pretty scary.

I think Yuming is certainly the most initially suspect of those people because she had the extra opportunity to read me in chat and thus has a lot more to go on, but seems to have mostly disregarded it? (The things she is saying about it aren't correct at all. I look forward to hearing what people who weren't on shelf 1 last night think after visiting it.) I'll vote there for now, but reserve the right to reevaluate when I'm of more sound mind.

##Vote Yuming

From reading the thread on my phone where I could on breaks, I was surprised to find that I seem to be the only person who has spoken about shelf happenings much at all. Were the other shelves quiet? Did you all not form any reads from your interactions with the others in them?

I'll check back in when I can.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

King Burgundy posted:

Hmmm.

I kinda don't have the mind for this game right now after the vileness of the trial I was a juror on. But I'll try to point out a few things.

I think anyone who is throwing shade my way is more suspect just because from my perspective at least, I'm a cleared town KB who scum can't kill at night. That has gotta be pretty scary.

I think Yuming is certainly the most initially suspect of those people because she had the extra opportunity to read me in chat and thus has a lot more to go on, but seems to have mostly disregarded it? (The things she is saying about it aren't correct at all. I look forward to hearing what people who weren't on shelf 1 last night think after visiting it.) I'll vote there for now, but reserve the right to reevaluate when I'm of more sound mind.

##Vote Yuming

From reading the thread on my phone where I could on breaks, I was surprised to find that I seem to be the only person who has spoken about shelf happenings much at all. Were the other shelves quiet? Did you all not form any reads from your interactions with the others in them?

I'll check back in when I can.

How are you cleared?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I'm cleared because I'm town lol.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Votecount for Day 2

Hal Incandenza (3): Dick Bastardly, b-minus1, Toalpaz
SolusLunes (2): Anonymous, Anonymous
IllegallySober (2): Bifauxnen, Hal Incandenza, SolusLunes, SolusLunes
yuming (2): 50 pounds of bread, King Burgundy
King Burgundy (2): Mr. Steak, yuming
Dick Bastardly (1): IllegallySober
merk (1): Mikujin
Bifauxnen (0): Mikujin, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Mikujin
50 pounds of bread (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz
Tommunist (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz

Not Voting (10): Anomalous Amalgam, CCKeane, GenericGirlName, merk, Quidthulhu, redneck nazgul, SalTheBard, SolusLunes, spacing in vienna, Tommunist

With 21 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 24th, 2019 at 11:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
:one:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
What’s up with the lack of participation

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

My laptop caught fire, this won't affect my participation in this game because I play mafia exclusively on the phone.

Okay qoute who scum is and give me 3-5 emoji highlighting why and how. I will interpret this in a way most convenient for me. .

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sup GGN, I still think we should do your murder thing once we can find someone people are ok with lunching anyway. With one day left now, we should be moving on this now so we still actually have time to sort out our second choice before deadline.

I think IS a better choice cause actively arguing to shoot down your idea takes more scummy intent than "lol let's hammer already", but Hal's hammer did functionally do the same thing and more. I'm cool with having him be first up.

##vote Hal

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

##Vote Yuming

This sure sounds interesting to come back to, too.

As for the action on other shelves, I think shelf 4 crew got in some decent chat, but it's silly to go on too much about town reads till it's needed.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
guys just vote for KB already. whats with all the trash votes of literally everybody else?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##unvote

no need to prevent a mass plurality lynch now

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

How are you cleared?

I warned the chat that I was activating PGO. I confirmed with no prompting that Hum died to it and I got a hamster protecting me message. Hum flipped with the following:

CapitalistPig posted:

Mr. Humalong - Baldur's Mechwarrior Saga II: Shadows of the 7th Gate of Amn - Town aligned Was kicked and punched to death on night 1

GO FOR THE EYES BOO! - You unleash boo on another player at night. If the player is town aligned boo will protect them from harm that night, if they are not town boo will attack them blinding them and preventing them from doing an action that night.

So if Hum targeted me as I say and I was scum, my PGO would not have fired, as I'd have been roleblocked. Thus, cleared.

This isn't rocket science. If people think I'm scum, then they think I'm scum that gambited on D2 in a giant game with this elaborate story to somehow coast to the end of the game. I don't think anyone that has ever played with me would say I'm a gambit player, so I'm hard pressed to think anyone would really think this. What reason would I have had to post what I did on D2?

If people think I'm town, then I would be cleared town based on what I've revealed. There is no middle ground here.

If people believe I'm town, then you should also realize that I'm a big threat because of the above and my PGO to the scums game plan. They can't risk trying to kill me on any future night in case I keep activating that power.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mr. Steak posted:

for the record, i think i also PGOd last night (flavor was vague) but no one targeted me

Based on my own PGO, your flavor shouldn't be at all vague. My ability activation(including it's flavor/name) was clearly spelled out. So please do elaborate on this:

Mr. Steak posted:

guys just vote for KB already. whats with all the trash votes of literally everybody else?

Which seems to stem from just this?

Mr. Steak posted:

actually, ##vote KB he's sketchy

One doesn't follow from the other. Why would other people be voting based on that? Do you have a case?

To confirm, this is also you declaring everyone elses case bad and wrong vs your clearly really good one?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

As for the action on other shelves, I think shelf 4 crew got in some decent chat, but it's silly to go on too much about town reads till it's needed.

Sure if that is all you got. I for example had offered suspicion on someone in my chat though based on how guarded they were.

Everyone else was totally happy with their chat buddies and has no suspicions?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

King Burgundy posted:

I warned the chat that I was activating PGO. I confirmed with no prompting that Hum died to it and I got a hamster protecting me message. Hum flipped with the following:

So if Hum targeted me as I say and I was scum, my PGO would not have fired, as I'd have been roleblocked. Thus, cleared.

KB, please explain this to me like I'm 5. Why would your PGO have not fired if Hum was the opposite alignment as you? Isn't the thing about being a PGO you kill anyone regardless of faction?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

yuming posted:

Again, I agree on KB but it is a tone read.

The best I can say is KB's first in-game post bugs me--

KB makes an, I assume, joke-vote quoting a Solus post from before the game actually started.

Is this scum KB joking because he knows who is on the team? That is something I can imagine KB would like to do because he plays a very mastermind-type scum that likes to drop hints and to see what he can get away with and weave ~webs of lies~ which fits with all the night action bingo that has been going on today. And in the shelf chat last night too.

What do you guys think? I vote on tone.

##vote KB

Since I'm doing a few effort things, I'll go back to this.

The reason for this post and vote should be obvious. It is my first post of the game after realizing I'm not on the scum team. So yes, my pick for the scum team, which included me, and was posted in the immediately previous post, was wrong.

I have a hard time thinking you really think this. You are too smart to make this read. So I think you are trying to stir things up on me in any way possible so your team doesn't have to deal with my PGO. It also doesn't help that I listed some suspicions of you coming into the day based on how you presented yourself in the chat. You couldn't let me continue to stay around.

Anyway, I think I've clearly cased both Yuming and Steak in the previous posts. There are shenanigans happening. I would vote either today as things stand. Now I'm going to go watch/do fun things.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

GO FOR THE EYES BOO! - You unleash boo on another player at night. If the player is town aligned boo will protect them from harm that night, if they are not town boo will attack them blinding them and preventing them from doing an action that night.

This clearly implies that action priority favors this ability. Roleblocks always come first against powers that must be activated. My PGO must be activated.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

SalTheBard posted:

KB, please explain this to me like I'm 5. Why would your PGO have not fired if Hum was the opposite alignment as you? Isn't the thing about being a PGO you kill anyone regardless of faction?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SalTheBard posted:

And because you said the like you are 5 thing, I'll go on to say the way you've said this above is wrong.

Hum's ability docs if his target is town.

Hum's ability roleblocks if his target is scum.

So, if I was scum, he would have roleblocked me.

Is that clear now?