Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

bee eater posted:

when is game night

you pick!

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

seriously, playing borderlands 2 or 1 with yobbers sounds like a lot of fun to me.

Scaly Haylie

i'm too busy playing ff14 all the time.

Heather Papps

hello friend

is it fun?

Scaly Haylie

it plays a lot like wow, but less cynically designed and less prone to wasting your time.

it's very pretty

and very cute

and you can enjoy high fashion

Scaly Haylie

Bobby Deluxe

spider man
spider man
got too hot to play spider man
ps4
kicks out heat
kickings what we do with feet
look out!
heat stroke from spider maaan

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Bobby Deluxe posted:

spider man
spider man
got too hot to play spider man
ps4
kicks out heat
kickings what we do with feet
look out!
heat stroke from spider maaan

My PS4 fan was kicking on high while playing Spider-Man and I ended up following a guide and taking it apart to blow it out and redo the thermal paste on the heatsink. The main problem is likely dust on the fan but it's in a spot where you have to disassemble most of the system to get to it. It was kinda nerve-wracking and took several hours but my PS4 fan hasn't kicked on full blast since then. I can track down the vid I followed along to if you wanna try.

Ugh, the big bummer is that the place that's probably dusty is so hard to access. If there was not a plastic cover you could get in there with significantly less hassle.

treasure bear

i would join the heck out of a byob games discord

Bobby Deluxe

Jolo posted:

My PS4 fan was kicking on high while playing Spider-Man and I ended up following a guide and taking it apart to blow it out and redo the thermal paste on the heatsink.
i cant open it unfortunately, its pre owned with a years warranty and they put fresh stickers on it

i bought it because my last ps4 succumbed to the ce-34878-0 error. initially i had thought it was the hard drive controller but now i think about it, i dont't think the fan was spinning up to higher speeds properly and it was overheating (the error only tended to happen on resource hungry aaa games and not super lightweight games like warframe)

plus I looked up a guide to taking it apart enough to redo the thermal paste, and it is way above my ability, at least on the 11xx model

best i can do is blow compressed air in the side vents but yeah even when i bought it, all of the usb ports and digital audio port were all caked in dust

kind of wish i had just spent the extra 50 quid on a brand new system though

its slowly getting better over time but its going to hit 30 degrees in the uk over the next few days which means no technology for me and my tiny bedroom

Goons Are Gifts

treasure bear posted:

nut

treasure bear posted:

Heather Papps

hello friend

treasure bear posted:

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

i mostly lurk byob but

treasure bear posted:

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Playing F1 2019 and I finally have the difficulty dialed in where I'm not winning every race but I'm also not losing every race horribly.

I'm battling it out with a cpu driver for 7th for most of the race. I pass him and am putting some distance between us near the end of the race. Last lap comes around and I run out of fuel 2 turns from the finish. The game doesn't fully stop you but I slowly trudge down the final straight and get passed by my rival to drop me to 8th. It was fun but dang was that a bummer right at the end.

nut

Jolo posted:

Playing F1 2019 and I finally have the difficulty dialed in where I'm not winning every race but I'm also not losing every race horribly.

I'm battling it out with a cpu driver for 7th for most of the race. I pass him and am putting some distance between us near the end of the race. Last lap comes around and I run out of fuel 2 turns from the finish. The game doesn't fully stop you but I slowly trudge down the final straight and get passed by my rival to drop me to 8th. It was fun but dang was that a bummer right at the end.

hell yeah sounds like fun, i'm still having tea parties in fire emblem to grow everyone's love for me as a substitute for having tea and wooing people in the real world

nut

does any1 know how to make a discord

lost my old email

bee eater posted:

i do not. i also do not play games except for mario 2 & sonic 2 + knuckles emulated in my web (internet) browser. however i feel i can contribute much to this endeavour if given the chance/opportunity

woooooo tiny shout out to deaf sex woooooooo it is spooky and i should have slept more posting up a storm this night wooooooooooooo i say. tiny shout out to mocking quantum also that guy rules. whoooooooooooo

Heather Papps

hello friend

bee eater posted:

i made a yobby steam group then 1 guy joined and everyone was like it already exists so listen, no, i will not do this thing

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps posted:

i made a yobby steam group then 1 guy joined and everyone was like it already exists so listen, no, i will not do this thing

lost my old email

i can do green hill zone act one in 28 seconds, note that knuckles has a slightly lower top speed and shorter jump than "sonic" the hedgehog

woooooo tiny shout out to deaf sex woooooooo it is spooky and i should have slept more posting up a storm this night wooooooooooooo i say. tiny shout out to mocking quantum also that guy rules. whoooooooooooo

Bobby Deluxe

bee eater posted:

i looked it up online, it is either a sound or group of notes which when played create an unpleasant experience for the listener, or a disagreement between people

hope this helps!!!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i looked it up online, it is either a sound or group of notes which when played create an unpleasant experience for the listener, or a disagreement between people

hope this helps!!!

thanks melkor

nut

Bobby Deluxe posted:

hope this helps!!!

did u guys hear it? do u call and return to join? how do i make emoji

Bobby Deluxe

eä: :toot:

melkor: :confuoot:

TOOT BOOT

Heather Papps posted:

thanks melkor

nut

wasn't brownianmotion making one for yob altogether another ongoing yob success?

nut

i think im gonna do it but im taking baby steps by making an av

lost my old email

nut

does anyone have a good server name idea so far i have:

- super mario friends club
- burger king adults club
- personal space invaders

nut

haylo: chitchat evolved

Goons Are Gifts

bee eater posted:

wasn't brownianmotion making one for yob altogether another ongoing yob success?

BM has one yes and I asked him if we could or should use that but it's only three people now and he wasn't online yet so we dwell in the darkness

Heather Papps

hello friend

bee eater posted:

- personal space invaders

nut

Goons Are Great posted:

BM has one yes and I asked him if we could or should use that but it's only three people now and he wasn't online yet so we dwell in the darkness

i think i asked to join but didn't get to yet :ohdear: i dont wanna step on any toes but if we still want i can make one tonight

Goons Are Gifts

bms concerns about his Discord were not displaced, we have a certain history with trying to get a chat started, but I think we should do it and see if it works out since it's for games and the only thing yobbers like more than weed is chilling

What I'm saying is let's do it, but get a funny name first

nut

i did it i have made a b.y.o.b. gaming discord, seeing as there have been troubles in the past, maybe just dm me with your discord id and i'll invite you or if you can't dm we can find another way 2 share

Heather Papps

hello friend

bee eater posted:

i did it i have made a b.y.o.b. gaming discord, seeing as there have been troubles in the past, maybe just dm me with your discord id and i'll invite you or if you can't dm we can find another way 2 share

yes or already i posted my number but yes i will

nut

ok maybe i don't know how discord works but pm me and i'll hook u up w an invite

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

You need name and number for discord friending but you click the server press generate invite code check the box that says never expire (important or it's only good for an hour).

Now you post that code and anyone at all can click it and jot the server! Generally you make Mods that assign a role to new users and you hide most channels behind the role.

So new people land in a lobby, you can also just have the groom authentication bot handle the role assigning and let any goon at all get into most it all channels.

You can always rename the server too so don't worry too much about name. Mostly worry about text, throw in like 2-3 generic group voice chats named funny names if someone gets adventurous enough to play a game needing coordination.

Byobdo Games, Vyobdo Games ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

ok I'm completely confused now, what do we have to do