Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The AFC South Division Champion of 2019 will be...
This poll is closed.
Houtson 29 31.18%
Indianapolis 25 26.88%
Jacksonville 22 23.66%
Tennessee 17 18.28%
Total: 93 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Andrew Luck has retired, never having lost a game to the Titans

Edit: This is genuinely stunning to me, I'm honestly having a hard time believing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

EvilBeard posted:

After watching the video of Luck warming up before Saturday's game, I'm not too worried. It looks like he's moving well and there wasn't any boot or tape or anything. I think a few more weeks of therapy and he he'll be good to go for Week 1.

Did not age well.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Elephanthead posted:

Andrew Luck will miss the entire season.

Ah hum

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

yo what the hell

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

It's super odd. Like i'm watching the game right now with him standing on the sideline. All I can think of is that he got bad news on the ankle for some season ending surgery and he's sick of it all. But then, he's always been an odd guy and I can totally see him starting an architecture firm and enjoying the rest of his life designing buildings.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

ShakeZula posted:

Andrew Luck has retired, never having lost a game to the Titans

Edit: This is genuinely stunning to me, I'm honestly having a hard time believing it

he won many battles but we won the war

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Oh poo poo guys, his dad is commish of the XFL right?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1165438892780281858?s=19

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

It's super odd. Like i'm watching the game right now with him standing on the sideline. All I can think of is that he got bad news on the ankle for some season ending surgery and he's sick of it all. But then, he's always been an odd guy and I can totally see him starting an architecture firm and enjoying the rest of his life designing buildings.

Yeah it's surreal.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
So... someone is going to win this division at like 8-8 now.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
for real i hope luck is retiring on his own terms instead of having something serious, and want him to live a good healthy life being an endearing dork in his scifi book club somewhere. he's a cool dude

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Well that Duke Johnson trade looks a lot better now

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

They laughed when I said this was the Titans year!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Raku posted:

They laughed when I said this was the Titans year!

a smart goon you are

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Marin Karin posted:

for real i hope luck is retiring on his own terms instead of having something serious, and want him to live a good healthy life being an endearing dork in his scifi book club somewhere. he's a cool dude

Yeah I still love the guy, and he doesn't owe the Colts anything. The team right now actually has a defense and a running game so Brissett won't be asked to do what Luck had to, but this season is gonna be wild. There is no real backup right now.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
No for real, anyone seen Luck's leg in a while?

It's gone.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Oh wow the colts have mismanaged an injury to their best and only reason why their team is good. Who could have seen this coming

YO

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Athanatos posted:

No for real, anyone seen Luck's leg in a while?

It's gone.

he saw the cyberpunk 2077 trailer and did a failed experimental surgery

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Adam Vinatieri played longer than the entirety of Peyton and Luck's careers lol.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

RG3 outlasted Luck

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lmfao

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

fret not, Chad Kelly will be our Tom Brady going forward, book it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

This sure puts a damper on how cool it was when he would get annihilated by a defensive player and smile and tell the guy how good a hit it was

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

fret not, Chad Kelly will be our Tom Brady going forward, book it

Kelly suspended the first two games so he has to wait until the 3rd to claim the starting job and begin the legacy. They will have to go find a backup somewhere because Walker is not a valid backup QB.

Intruder posted:

This sure puts a damper on how cool it was when he would get annihilated by a defensive player and smile and tell the guy how good a hit it was

:smith:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

the sport is dumb as poo poo, best to keep it at an emotional distance and just enjoy whichever gladiator is put in front of you at the time

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Trade for Eli.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Andre Luck retired to play WoW Classic

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

we all said Luck had brains and he just proved us right by getting out early with a mountain of cash

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Luck got out having made gently caress you money presumably just before his health issues became quality of life issues for the rest of his life so we should feel good for him, even if Colts fans are disappointed

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Intruder posted:

But Doctor, I am Pagliacci

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Sup assholes what's up, anything interesting happen today? (failing to suppress giggles)

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Comrayn posted:

Andre Luck retired to play WoW Classic

Using this for thread title, it's great.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Intruder posted:

Luck got out having made gently caress you money presumably just before his health issues became quality of life issues for the rest of his life so we should feel good for him, even if Colts fans are disappointed

Yeah good for him. I'm sad that I won't get to see him play anymore but I can't fault a guy for wanting to get out and start a family without having to worry about injuries

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Didn't even know Luck got married this spring, guess that probably has something to do with it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/RichNye13/status/1165445173909827584

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Holy poo poo

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Intruder posted:

Didn't even know Luck got married this spring, guess that probably has something to do with it

Had no idea either seems like the kind of thing that would be posted here. Specifically a picture of Luck looking like a big goober in a tux .

I think it would be cool if the colts did not have a winning season for the next ten years and I still think it sucks Luck is throwing in the towel.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Uh

Titans, bitch.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

good thing this division is a trash heap, all hail the Chadinator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002