Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

The REAL Goobusters posted:

It’s tough because OG really did have a rough year without Ana in the first part of the DPC. They made it to no majors until Ana came back.

But that was the final piece of the puzzle that they needed. Ana.

It’s just incredible

It just incredible how well EVERYONE plays with Ana. Like this isn't a one man show. Its everyone playing out of their minds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Ravus posted:

Their strat of topson clowns around and either feeds, carries or both while giving ana space needs an ana to give space to.

Having said that while topson still fed this TI it did seem a lot less and was almost always value one way or another.

Topson played the same way this year that he always has - extremely aggressively, forcing enemy heroes to rotate into his lane and making space for his carry to farm. Ana is just way better than Pajkatt and iLTW.

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

BioThermo posted:

So Io spirits talent. Does Icefrog:

1) straight up replace it with a different talent
2) move it as-is to level 20
3) buff it and move it to 25

7.23: Io has been removed from captains mode

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Sampatrick posted:

Topson played the same way this year that he always has - extremely aggressively, forcing enemy heroes to rotate into his lane and making space for his carry to farm. Ana is just way better than Pajkatt and iLTW.

He played the same way, but did even better with it. At least subjectively in my opinion without reading the stats. Which I'm not gonna do. If you do let me know if I'm wrong :sun:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Visible Stink posted:

probably lol

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Visible Stink posted:

hahaha

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

So how do we see the stats on how many posts someone has done in a thread? (I am definitely not using this post to inflate my count)

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

having topson means 100% winrate at internationals

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
can we all agree that replays of game three with pugna should have the "stop stop he's already dead" simpsons gif inserted permanently in the corner

that was such a brutal murder of a match

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Spudd posted:

So how do we see the stats on how many posts someone has done in a thread? (I am definitely not using this post to inflate my count)

click there in control panel.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Ravus posted:

click there

Thank you!

... ayy I'm on the list. :toot:

I am actually very sorry everyone I get a bit carried away during TI.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Spudd posted:

Click on the reply count number on the thread in the games forum

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Is this "Late Game" broadcast happening anytime soon? Can't see anything on the main schedule, and it's been elevator music for half an hour now

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Spudd posted:

Thank you!

Don’t be sorry. Just keep posting

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Is this "Late Game" broadcast happening anytime soon? Can't see anything on the main schedule, and it's been elevator music for half an hour now

The players need to get to the late game stage. As well as the fans

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Spudd posted:

Thank you!

We all do! And no one does as much as IcePhoenix :sun:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

if it was anything like last year it took a while to start because they had to cart over the winners to a different site

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I still maintain the best Ti was 6, because nothing seemed as outlandishly broken as several heroes here, but Wings made everything feel completely viable if somewhat situational in their hands.

Now I will finally stay up and see the Flax show for once. [Falls asleep from endless sleepy jazz]

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

OG are just a pleasure to watch. With a lot of other pro teams you can clearly see their level of coordination and communication in executing rotations, play calls etc. Watching OG, it's as if they don't need to communicate at all, they always seem to be on the same page even in the most chaotic of situations.

Ana and Topon had a lot of great flashy plays all series but honestly I thought the MVP was Jerax, he was always where he needed to be and his tosses were game changers.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i hope liquid still exists tomorrow

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

The Ninth Layer posted:

I thought the MVP was Jerax, he was always where he needed to be and his tosses were game changers.

:hai: all the way from groups JerAx played out of his god drat mind.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Duzzy Funlop posted:

it's taken a while to set up every night, and it'll probably be longer tonight since they'll likely have OG on it

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

How far do we think Liquid with MATU would have got compared to w33 Liquid?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Desperate Character posted:

honestly I feel like this TI feels less satisfying than the last one due to how the new patches keep on adding more and more outlandish abilities without any forethought. I mean carry io is fun but that aghs is not well-balanced at all, and tiny is ridiculously strong at all points in the game due to how they keep on changing everything about him.

Dota's never not been busted as gently caress and it's great

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

ive never seen anyone ever tossed into a 3 man chrono before but now i have

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ravus posted:

We all do! And no one does as much as IcePhoenix :sun:

idk, the gap was like three hundred posts a couple days ago and you just went wild. At least my stuff was spaced out over the entire tournament :v:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Looke posted:

Really tough to say honestly. They got last place a lot this season with Matu. And without him they got two 2nd place finishes

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Ravus posted:

click there in control panel.

Lmao I've posted more than I thought here.

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
I'm disappointed with mind control, I think if he tried he could have died even more, maybe look to set a record of some kind

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Zyla posted:

It'll be very interesting to see what happens with Liquid! They did do good and worked super well as a group. I wouldn't say I could even go X IS THE PROBLEM (even then people who say that usually wrong). I hope they stay together as-is tbh. 2nd is good and they haven't even been a 5 man long.

I'll be interested to see if any of OG fully retire after this or not. I hope not... but they some of them have been around a long time.

Bring the rosterpocalypse!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I wonder what Fly and S4 are thinking now lmao

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Have to crash, just can't wait for the Late Game any longer. Thanks for a fun thread y'all. Can't believe OG pulled it off.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Aw I didn't make top 10 again. Stupid time zones :(

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Looke posted:

They'd probably go out in the first round

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Looke posted:

I love Matu but I don't think they'd have made it to the LB finals with him. Though they might have made it to the UB to start with... hard to say rly. I'd guess UP then two losses and out, or 1 loss, 1 win, 1 loss and out.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i feel like w33 definitely carried a lot of games on his back

his meepo games came at clutch times and he was unstoppable

Carrier
May 12, 2009

TheRat posted:

I wonder what Fly and S4 are thinking now lmao

this was funny as gently caress last year now its ridiculous

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Carrier posted:

this was funny as gently caress last year now its ridiculous

They got even LESS money this year hahaha. And now they'll be on new teams :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Zyla posted:

:same:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm mesmerized by the beer pitcher's bubbles slowly descending from the surface then magically dissipating as the image loops, that's some good production value.

Looke posted:

I'd argue that with brood and lycan being so niche these days, not as far. w33 was solid even if going 1-3 and looking like he's not making an impact during losses in the GF is very on-brand for him.