Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I don't think this is really irrational at all, but here goes: my wofe and watching the live action Aladdin amd yikes. Aladdin is my favorite Disney movie and I'm not feeling the changes.

They wrecked the best song in the movie, "One Jump Ahead."

In the original I always liked the part when Aladdin tries to make a bridge for Jasmine on the rooftop and she just casually pole vaults over. In this one she's scared and can't do it till Aladdin coaxes her.

And in the original after Aladdin saves the street orphans from the prince's horse, the prince insults him and knocks him down and as he rides away Aladdin says "Look Abu, it's not every day you see a horse with two rear ends!" and they don't even put it in the movie!

And we're only 30 minutes in!

10 Beers has a new favorite as of 20:15 on Aug 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

yeah ok like anyone would have heard of Dragula if it weren't for every racing game ever for the PS2

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I love the music made for Quentin Tarantino movies. Especially songs like Across 110th Street, Twisted Nerve, Theme from Ironside, L’Arena, Regan's Theme (Floating Sound) and who could possibly forget The Flower of Carnage 修羅の花?

Eclipse12 posted:

yeah ok like anyone would have heard of Dragula if it weren't for every racing game ever for the PS2

Pretty sure that is a Jet Grind Radio original, friend. I know my Sega games!

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 17:33 on Aug 25, 2019

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

yeah ok like anyone would have heard of yeah I eat rear end if it weren't for dumb-rear end posts

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

yeah ok like anyone would have heard of Jet Grind Radio if it weren't for Mierenneuker

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

I've been in a Danish mall that had a sex shop. Wasn't hidden or anything. On plain view right as you came up the escalator to the second floor. Huge window with mannequins in bondage gear and crotchless panties. Even had some dildos and other toys in the window.

The next store over was I think a Levi's.

The Danes are not a shy people

That.s pretty normal though? This is an ad for a norwegian sex shop out in plain sight for example:

(translation: the place for anal pleasure)
And this is the storefront in one of the busiest street in Norway:

Seems to me that you icelenders are just uptight.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Remember that time people on Twitter legitimately thought Kanye discovered Paul McCartney?

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

yeah ok like anyone would have heard of Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) if it weren't for Seinfeld clip show leading up to the series finale

Eclipse12 has a new favorite as of 17:46 on Aug 25, 2019

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

yeah ok like anyone would have heard of Candle in the Wind if it weren't for Parks and Rec

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Len posted:

Remember that time people on Twitter legitimately thought Kanye discovered Paul McCartney?

I don’t remember that, but Kanye did legitimately discover this crusty dude from Cornwall, England who plays the piano. He got featured on “Blame Game”.

He’s called Pinnacle Gemini, I believe!

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Of course, since this is the timeline where Biff stole the almanac, it's impossible to know who is genuinely stupid and who's just pretending to be stupid.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Alhazred posted:

That.s pretty normal though? This is an ad for a norwegian sex shop out in plain sight for example:

(translation: the place for anal pleasure)
And this is the storefront in one of the busiest street in Norway:

Seems to me that you icelenders are just uptight.

Compared to Danes and Danes Original Flavor (Norwegians). Yes.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Eclipse are you feeling ok

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
A page late, but the best part of The Dark World is Thor hanging Mjolinir on a coat rack.

Closely followed by Thor taking the tube, and Mjolinir trying to get back to Thor who keeps getting teleported halfway across the universe. Everytime it changes direction I saw a comic thought bubble saying 'oh for fucks sake'

CityMidnightJunky has a new favorite as of 19:47 on Aug 25, 2019

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Eclipse are you feeling ok

That's what me feeling okay looks like

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Eclipse12 posted:

yeah ok like anyone would have heard of Johnny Be Goode if it weren't for Back To The Future

This except DeLoreans.

Only thing I didn’t like about Zep in that Thor movie is that they used it twice in the same movie for fighting lots of dudes.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

They’re like bookends. They rhyme

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

oldpainless posted:

They’re like bookends. They rhyme

Hawkeye's the key to all this. If we can get Hawkeye working...

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Eclipse12 posted:

That's what me feeling okay looks like

Well phew!

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Rolo posted:

This except DeLoreans.

Only thing I didn’t like about Zep in that Thor movie is that they used it twice in the same movie for fighting lots of dudes.

Same. I still think Ragnarok is the best Marvel movie but there were a couple things that jolted me in that IIMM way, including that one and the repeated use of "inspiring speech, music swells, hero does a pratfall".

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Dr Christmas posted:

Neil Gaiman didn’t want to write about Jesus all the time in American Gods, so there are countless minor “personal Jesuses” running around divvying up all the belief juice that the gods run on. The old gods can also co opt other concepts and forms of devotion and sacrifice to keep going.

But it doesn’t feel like enough for me. Like 700 Club dominionist rear end in a top hat Jesus should be both able and extremely willing to kick the rear end of every old god.

i didnt watch the show but in the book its explained that there is 1 jesus per continent/country. like theres a europe jesus and an american jesus and they get a sick amount of prayers then theres the middle east jesus who sucks and cant do poo poo. the same with odin. the american odin and loki get garbo prayers because they were created by the vikings who obviously left. the euro odin does alright but is by no means powerful and doesnt really gaf.

not that there is 1 jesus for every subsect but now i wanna watch a movie where thats the case and they battle that poo poo out like in the third matrix keanu vs smith fight.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I don’t remember the details but I did read it awhile ago, was shadow not some kind of Christ? Was he just Odins kid or whatever?

I may read it again someday but it didn’t really blow me away the first time. I did love the parts with Ibis and Jaquel.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Rolo posted:

I don’t remember the details but I did read it awhile ago, was shadow not some kind of Christ? Was he just Odins kid or whatever?

I may read it again someday but it didn’t really blow me away the first time. I did love the parts with Ibis and Jaquel.

Shadow is revealed to be Odin's son in the book, and specifically Baldur(Balder Moon) in a short story collected in Fragile Things.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

word?,i didn't remember that,i guess i just like my Iron-man to be very lasery.

It would've been fine for the rank and file hordes of bodies part of the army. As with any RTS game, they start tapering off when they start bringing in something beyond basic infantry like the giant landscaping wheel drills and the Black Order.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

RareAcumen posted:

It would've been fine for the rank and file hordes of bodies part of the army. As with any RTS game, they start tapering off when they start bringing in something beyond basic infantry like the giant landscaping wheel drills and the Black Order.

I just watched Endgame myself, finally, and they do do that at the final battle. The camera pulls away from Stark and Roadie just as they go back to back to do just that move.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
yeah ok like anyone would have heard of All Star if it weren't for Mystery Men

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

BioEnchanted posted:

I just watched Endgame myself, finally, and they do do that at the final battle. The camera pulls away from Stark and Roadie just as they go back to back to do just that move.

The back to back blaster thing he does with Iron Paltrow was really cool though.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

yeah ok like anyone would have heard of All Star if it weren't for Mystery Men

Rat Race

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

The 90s were a magical time when Smash Mouth waited at the end of every movie to rock literally everyone with All Star.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

jojoinnit posted:

The 90s were a magical time when Smash Mouth waited at the end of every movie to rock literally everyone with All Star.

All Star dropped in May of 99 it's more a 00s thing

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Len posted:

All Star dropped in May of 99 it's more a 00s thing

Yeah I realised that due to my age I think of the 90s as just being 98-01 pretty much :kiddo:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

jojoinnit posted:

Yeah I realised that due to my age I think of the 90s as just being 98-01 pretty much :kiddo:

I only have a baseline for it because of what school I was in when movies with it came out

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The 90s didn't end until 9/11.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

FreudianSlippers posted:

Yeah.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

FreudianSlippers posted:

Like the 60s didn't end until Nixon. Meaning I was born in the 60s, which grows weirder as a concept all the time.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

Like the 60s didn't end until Nixon. Meaning I was born in the 60s, which grows weirder as a concept all the time.

The 60's had the Moon landing, Charles Manson, and Woodstock to tact their symbolic ending onto.

Nixon was solidly in the metaphoric and actual 70's

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The 60's ended with the assassinations of JFK, RFK & MLK.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Yes, the '60s ended in 1963 and 1968.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
68 is what really did it. People were kinda recovered from JFK and there was a lot of hope built up around MLK and RFK and then when they were both assassinated in the span of just a few months really put an end to those hopes for a lot of people. If you had a time machine and wanted to make an attempt to change the trajectory of the country April-June of 1968 might be the best place to start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
1960s ended at Altamont.