Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut

pixaal posted:

You need name and number for discord friending but you click the server press generate invite code check the box that says never expire (important or it's only good for an hour).

Now you post that code and anyone at all can click it and jot the server! Generally you make Mods that assign a role to new users and you hide most channels behind the role.

So new people land in a lobby, you can also just have the groom authentication bot handle the role assigning and let any goon at all get into most it all channels.

You can always rename the server too so don't worry too much about name. Mostly worry about text, throw in like 2-3 generic group voice chats named funny names if someone gets adventurous enough to play a game needing coordination.

Byobdo Games, Vyobdo Games ?

I think because of a sordid history it wasn't a good idea to publicly post a join link so i was gonna make single use links through dms i have no idea how to make a bot or anything but i'm suspecting there won't be more people than i can manually interact with

so

Goons Are Great posted:

ok I'm completely confused now, what do we have to do

pm me and i'll give u an inviterino

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

and no i'm not using this as an opportunity to improve my dm count to boost my self-esteem but i will in fact also b doing that with ur perfunctory messages

Heather Papps

hello friend

Goons Are Great posted:

um right now the whole discord is me and beeeater i think i could post the click join link thing but this is not my ship and i am not captain!
e:see!

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Goons Are Great posted:

I believe we are supposed to play a video game or something

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

i am in but also cannot figure out how to change my profile name for the server in the app so im stuck with it until I get back to a computer, i am the guy with a sneaky mettool av

nut

food court bailiff posted:

i am in but also cannot figure out how to change my profile name for the server in the app so im stuck with it until I get back to a computer, i am the guy with a sneaky mettool av

i'll upgrade u from "everyone" to "chill"

Heather Papps

hello friend

come and play games with us, like "figuring out discord" and "who is this user?"

Goons Are Gifts

I wonder if back in the days setting up Usenet and IRC and whatnot was easier or if we just lost in quality over the years, given that Discord actually is super easy to use and everything is obvious and yet this is the hardest thing we've ever done ever

Heather Papps

hello friend

irc was beyond simple this is all clickening the rasters while adding the stats so i am allowed to do a voicechat and post a gif for money or something

Goons Are Gifts

I think I bought a subscription while trying to join gently caress

Heather Papps

hello friend

Goons Are Great posted:

how the mighty have fallen

nut

Goons Are Great posted:

but u get to use animated emojis so :homebrew:

Goons Are Gifts

Can I cancel that or is that doomed for life now because everything is now blinky and there's a lot of lightnings and nitro whatever that is, I'm scared

nut

please discord gods above save my friend and urs GaG

Goons Are Gifts

Figured it out, I'm bad with computers but not so bad with invoice things so I figured that it's all good and fine and not to be paid, also the server is working now and good

Also I was thrown into the Discord Discord and this is so loving Meta, it's like metal gear Discord all over again

lost my old email

i am too beat to face a registration process RN but y'all's gaming discourse is the background music to my evening. i think the "s" game was seaman

edit: i was wrong

woooooo tiny shout out to deaf sex woooooooo it is spooky and i should have slept more posting up a storm this night wooooooooooooo i say. tiny shout out to mocking quantum also that guy rules. whoooooooooooo

nut

we have grown from a small grassroots campaign to a slightly larger one, if u posted here suggesting u wanted in and i didn't see yoru post/dm just send me a massage

Rockman Reserve

i am bampin the v idea games thread to say that the yu gi oh switch game is kinda fun

you play through the plot of all the ygo anime series (side note: did you know there was more than one ygo anime series?! and they're all really bad!) going through most of the major battles, using different characters and pretty decent approximations of their decks at the time for each one. when i say 'approximations' i mean 'like, imagine if this deck had most of the same cards from the episode of the show that this fight is inspired from, but also imagine we're making you follow the rules of the game instead of just playing that Flame Swordsman from your hand with no fusion material or tribute or anything'.

about 9 times out of 10 this is actually pretty fun because, spoiler alert, the good guys that win all the time generally have decent decks. but every once in a while you come across one where it's like the "story" deck is just absolute garbage, like any time you need to play as joey or (god forbid) tea. so the game is like "screw it, we know that joey's deck isn't actually any fun to play and the only way he can win this fight is with a series of absolutely perfect draws", and lets you just sub in whatever overpowered ultra deck you've built for any given battle.

Rockman Reserve

double posting to say that i really appreciate that since gen1 of pokemon there has been a clitoris oyster called cloyster and nobody made a big deal about it ever despite pokemon dominating the news for like two loving years in the late nineties and then again when go came out

nut

food court bailiff posted:

double posting to say that i really appreciate that since gen1 of pokemon there has been a clitoris oyster called cloyster and nobody made a big deal about it ever despite pokemon dominating the news for like two loving years in the late nineties and then again when go came out

...w-wait

Heather Papps

hello friend

oh man and get this jynx is mega racist

nut

Heather Papps posted:

oh man and get this jynx is mega racist

...h-how

Heather Papps

hello friend

oh OH cubone wears its moms dead skull but if that doesn't happebn it becomes a kengiskhan

um

gengar is a dead clefary

ummmmmmm yes
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bobby Deluxe

lickitung vs cloyster

i am uncomfort

nut

please every1 ican't take this

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I've been watching a playthrough of Illbleed and I have to share just how insane one of the levels of this game is. The whole game is nutty but this particular level is just out of control.

Spoilers for the Dreamcast game Illbleed within:

One of the levels of the game is a weird horror spoof of Toy Story. You play as Cork the Toy Hunter, basically if Woody was an adventurer like Indiana Jones. Cork has just returned from an adventure in Mexico where he fought a cactus. He reunites with his toy girlfriend , Sexy Doll, a little statue bent over in a bikini showing her huge rear end. (Whatever you're picturing in your head right now is too tame. She's even more suggestive and her rear end is even bigger than whatever you're thinking.) Cork finds that the child who owns him and the other toys is very ill. The child passes away and his mother buries him with his favorite toy, Sexy Doll. Cork is pretty bummed about losing his girlfriend and realizes that he wants to join her in hell. He decides to murder some other toys to try to get himself executed to go to hell. In the process, Cork befriends another toy, a talking rocketship. The rocketship tells him that where he really wants to go is not regular hell but Toy Hell and the only way to go there is to be buried with the child you belong to. Cork heads off to befriend a new child.

Do you see where this is going? Cork's plan is to befriend a child and then kill him so that he can go to Toy Hell to join his big assed Sexy Doll girlfriend in Toy Hell. Does he? He does. Cork finally makes it to Toy Hell where he meets the devil there, a demonic Sonic the Hedgehog ripoff named Zodick. Zodick has taken Sexy Doll for his own. Cork fights and defeats Zodick, who uses spin attacks and drops rings when he is hit. Presumably Cork and Sexy Doll live happily ever after in Toy Hell.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

nut

Jolo posted:

I've been watching a playthrough of Illbleed and I have to share just how insane one of the levels of this game is. The whole game is nutty but this particular level is just out of control.

Spoilers for the Dreamcast game Illbleed within:

One of the levels of the game is a weird horror spoof of Toy Story. You play as Cork the Toy Hunter, basically if Woody was an adventurer like Indiana Jones. Cork has just returned from an adventure in Mexico where he fought a cactus. He reunites with his toy girlfriend , Sexy Doll, a little statue bent over in a bikini showing her huge rear end. (Whatever you're picturing in your head right now is too tame. She's even more suggestive and her rear end is even bigger than whatever you're thinking.) Cork finds that the child who owns him and the other toys is very ill. The child passes away and his mother buries him with his favorite toy, Sexy Doll. Cork is pretty bummed about losing his girlfriend and realizes that he wants to join her in hell. He decides to murder some other toys to try to get himself executed to go to hell. In the process, Cork befriends another toy, a talking rocketship. The rocketship tells him that where he really wants to go is not regular hell but Toy Hell and the only way to go there is to be buried with the child you belong to. Cork heads off to befriend a new child.

Do you see where this is going? Cork's plan is to befriend a child and then kill him so that he can go to Toy Hell to join his big assed Sexy Doll girlfriend in Toy Hell. Does he? He does. Cork finally makes it to Toy Hell where he meets the devil there, a demonic Sonic the Hedgehog ripoff named Zodick. Zodick has taken Sexy Doll for his own. Cork fights and defeats Zodick, who uses spin attacks and drops rings when he is hit. Presumably Cork and Sexy Doll live happily ever after in Toy Hell.

dam i love illbleed except for the fact that u could never know how to get the danger headset and accordingly fail to ever understand the games most fundamental mechanic

Jolo

bee eater posted:

dam i love illbleed except for the fact that u could never know how to get the danger headset and accordingly fail to ever understand the games most fundamental mechanic

The gameplay is so weird. I think you're supposed to go to this side area at the start that kinda explains how the horror monitor works. I first saw the tutorial after seeing someone play and explain how it works so I dunno if it does a good job or not. The stuff in the game is so nuts, I didn't even mention that in that level you're a kid at an amusement park who was turned into Cork by some kind of ceiling worm thing.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Bobby Deluxe

apparently death stranding is going to have a very easy mode for people who just want to see the story and that makes me happy because i was interested in the story of metal gear but i was also pretty bad at it

Lazy_Liberal

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
aw hell yeah i love story mode and wish most games had it!!

LethalGeek

Since there seems to be some Switch owners in here FYI they finally put out SNES games with the online service, that has online play.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/super-nintendo-entertainment-system-nintendo-switch-online/

F-Zero is still really good

FreshCutFries

cross post because it's amazing

Givin posted:

Planet Explorers was that one sandbox game with the theme song that made me laugh out loud for some reason. It was just this really serious thing with the worst lyrics I've ever heard. I don't know why, I just cringe every time I heard it. And it played on loop through the title screen and through character creation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2YIeOLdYzI

Jolo

FreshCutFries posted:

cross post because it's amazing

lol

It's so majestic!

Scaly Haylie

i'm jest clowning around in final fantasy fourteen online

nut

Lizard Wizard posted:

i'm jest clowning around in final fantasy fourteen online

this...is good

Scaly Haylie

glad you like it! i've been leveling MCH (gun haver class) on her and i'm currently doing heavensward, which kinda has a running theme of nobility n poo poo with its gear since the plot of that expansion revolves around a religious city-state.

sadly she's at the upper levels for said expansion, so in a day or two she'll look nothing like this. but you can bet your booty i'm keeping the outfit.

Scaly Haylie

pictured: me abusing raid markers and emotes while a battle rages

Lazy_Liberal

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Lizard Wizard posted:

pictured: me abusing raid markers and emotes while a battle rages

nice

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

I'm in a huge period horror mood but I can't choose between Vampyr/The Sinking City/Call of Cthulu, they all look like janky budget RPG goodness which I love, which one should I do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe

i decided to try retail wow, what the everloving gently caress happened to the auction house