Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
This is Virgil erasure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i only just listened to the studio 60 ep and that's super lazy they didn't watch the whole season.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
are the boys doing something for the debate tonight

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
mr the white

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

terrorist ambulance posted:

are the boys doing something for the debate tonight

What debate

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

"While the Dissident Right evolved out of the chans, the Dirtbag Left grew more out of the stand-up comedy scene. Chapo-allied podcast Cum Town features New York comedians Nick Mullen and Stavros Halkias, while proto-Dirtbag Leftist podcast Last Podcast on the Left stars Ben Kissel, who spent years in the New York stand-up scene."

Adam Erasure lmao

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Ben kissel is borderline chud wtf

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Ben kissel is borderline chud wtf

The name literally says it's on the left what more do you need?

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
The Henry Zebrowski erasure is troubling too. Not sure that anyone would say Ben is the star. Also, is he borderline chud? His politics almost seem inscrutable. He hated being on Fox News and begged for help to quit his job, he's big on prison reform and generally leftist...but he ran for the Reform Party in New York to symbolically help it break away from the Republicans. I assumed he was libertarian but he's dunked on libertarians a lot. The only thing he's certain on is Bud Light Limes.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I never think it could get worse, and every day I’m surprised.

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1165763822612811776?s=21

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

The Henry Zebrowski erasure is troubling too. Not sure that anyone would say Ben is the star. Also, is he borderline chud? His politics almost seem inscrutable. He hated being on Fox News and begged for help to quit his job, he's big on prison reform and generally leftist...but he ran for the Reform Party in New York to symbolically help it break away from the Republicans. I assumed he was libertarian but he's dunked on libertarians a lot. The only thing he's certain on is Bud Light Limes.

he's a libertarian both sides guy. pushed hard enough, he'd agree with a lot of what trump / the GOP party proposes if it was just packaged differently, and 100% thinks the democratic party has gone "too far left" with the bernie wing. he's not ACTUALLY a chud, and I'm sure finds trump politically and aesthetically horrifying, but he still believes most of the same poo poo they do

I actually like LPOTL a lot but his politics are bad

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

he's a libertarian both sides guy. pushed hard enough, he'd agree with a lot of what trump / the GOP party proposes if it was just packaged differently, and 100% thinks the democratic party has gone "too far left" with the bernie wing. he's not ACTUALLY a chud, and I'm sure finds trump politically and aesthetically horrifying, but he still believes most of the same poo poo they do

I actually like LPOTL a lot but his politics are bad

I really enjoy LPOTL (I only listen to the serial killer and cult episodes for the most part) but yea whenever they even slightly venture into politics its just not great. In one episodes of Trump was elected he made the stupid joke about Oprah being Hoprah (hope + Oprah) to him. Might have been a full joke but didn't sound like it.

I tried 2 years ago or so to listen to Kissel's "Abe Lincoln's Top Hat" but just stopped after an episode. It just wasn't any good (I forget my exact reasons).

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 26, 2019

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Spoeank posted:

"While the Dissident Right evolved out of the chans, the Dirtbag Left grew more out of the stand-up comedy scene. Chapo-allied podcast Cum Town features New York comedians Nick Mullen and Stavros Halkias, while proto-Dirtbag Leftist podcast Last Podcast on the Left stars Ben Kissel, who spent years in the New York stand-up scene."

Adam Erasure lmao

The dirtbag left also partially grew out of of the chans with /leftypol/ (as well as SA) so this person either doesn't know what they're talking about or is deliberately ignoring it to craft a specific narrative

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Ben's politics are significantly better than you would expect from someone who worked at fox news for years and has actual Nazis for grandparents

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Ben's politics are significantly better than you would expect from someone who worked at fox news for years and has actual Nazis for grandparents

yea Ben's a little more left leaning than the average libertarian (he leans to the more 'yea there should be a social safety net but maybe regulations are bullshit' kind than the 'NO NET NO REGS ANARCHY BABY SMALL BUSINESS IS YOUR KING' so that's...something at least) but when you consider his background I am a bit more lenient on his dumbass stuff. Plus, ya know, he's one of the like five right leaning people who are actually funny and understand how to tell a joke that's not just the chapo classic 'gets mad halfway through the punchline and starts screaming', so that helps.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Ron Jeremy posted:

I never think it could get worse, and every day I’m surprised.

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1165763822612811776?s=21

the world leaders have clearly passed the 80s action movie villains->comic book villains->Captain Planet villains scale of batshit (would be smart to say they have always been) but we still need to mainain The Decorum and think about The Economy like adults we are

you love to see it

AnEdgelord posted:

The dirtbag left also partially grew out of of the chans with /leftypol/ (as well as SA) so this person either doesn't know what they're talking about or is deliberately ignoring it to craft a specific narrative

*dust off the Weird Twitter map*

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Welp, Monday morning again. Is Chapo going to make my commute more tolerable, or are they being bitches again?

Ah, bitches it is. Good thing Mike Duncan's covering the Russian Revolution.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Email Virgil

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Scholtz posted:

Email Virgil

Better yet, take it straight to the top. DM Nick Mullen

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PostNouveau posted:

Better yet, take it straight to the top. DM Nick Mullen

You mean... The Clown Prince of The Alt-Right!

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

The democratically elected sorcerer-king of the DSA

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

it did not lol

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
hey y'all it's me, the 4chan political historian, here with some information that absolutely nobody cares about

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

actually I invented leftism in the politoons thread prove me wrong

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

T-man posted:

I followed that thread for all of 2012 and it nearly killed me. I can't imagine anyone following it closely these days...

Maybe I'll try to keep up in 2020.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Chakan posted:

I followed that thread for all of 2012 and it nearly killed me. I can't imagine anyone following it closely these days...

Maybe I'll try to keep up in 2020.

I too collapse to the floor and curl into the fetal position, fully unresponsive to external stimuli, if I see a picture of a dog carrier on the roof of a car.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

T-man posted:

I invented it when I sent that picture of a pig with shid on its balls to Romney during the election, actually

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I too collapse to the floor and curl into the fetal position, fully unresponsive to external stimuli, if I see a picture of a dog carrier on the roof of a car.

A kindred spirit, finally!

sexpig by night posted:

I invented it when I sent that picture of a pig with shid on its balls to Romney during the election, actually

Thank you for your service.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
the website somethingawful, a spin off of reddit,

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
it might be taking forever to edit the ep because it's the live Cthulu rpg thing

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Me, banging on a metal tray with my spoon:

CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT CONTE

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

My dumb theorizing suggests that Amber Lee Frost might have caused the Financial Times to write something nice about the Portuguse Left-wing coalition in office.

She did write that piece on CJR which the Financial Times boasted, the FT piece specifically singles out Bloco da Esquerda, which got interviewed by her on the Bloco's Modern Life episode, this is a bit far more pointed than NYT's piece.

Mind you, this is making me giddy as right now both leaders of the major right wing parties here (That aren't the recent chuddy ones that sprouted in the last year or so) are somewhat livid about this.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
https://twitter.com/JoeyQuits/status/1165291659728474112?s=19

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The Kingfish posted:

Me, banging on a metal tray with my spoon:

CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT CONTE

Turns out baby was us the whole time

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

please sir chapos, my life support machine is content powered and I'm almost out, im begging you

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hahaha i thought felix had just constructed this from various trumpisms.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/440262092961357824

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

wanna open a chain of restaurants called Bad Food

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

T-man posted:

please sir chapos, my life support machine is content powered and I'm almost out, im begging you

dear Chapos, please save this man. he needs his dose of testosterone immediately.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Victory Position posted:

dear Chapos, please save this man. he needs his dose of testosterone immediately.

weird, i get bimbofied when i listen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

All these things will fade, in time... like pants... on the ground.