Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat
I used to call it Dick Fillet, but that always made me super hungry so I stopped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

A place that I can find everywhere that sells a thing I've eaten a million times is re-packaging that meat into a form that every other fast food place also has on the menu?

My anus glistens in anticipation

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sid Vicious posted:

Don't be a homophobe

What? I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, I'm suggesting you should go suck some dicks instead of posting here.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Many years ago my feiends and I would always go to Popeyes after a heavy night of drinking. Their sweet tea was amazing. I'm assuming its normal tea with disgusting amounts of sugar. gently caress was that good hangover food.

I'm pretty sure they sold chicken sandwiches back then so I'm not sure what the big deal is.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
POPEYES IS OVERRATED

there I said it

the sides are always soggy if they're fried or tasteless mush if it's the beans or corn or whatever.

the biscuits taste like that movie popcorn oil that's so cheap they just put it in the lobby for people to pump out a litre of it if they want

the chicken is... ok. I used to like their tenders but I've found recently they are weirdly tasteless, and often have a weird rubbery texture that I suspect is from overmarinating in salt.

overrated.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
wait did they not have chicken sandwiches at USA popeyes before now? that's crazy.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I’m loving PISSEd about FOOD

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Following fast food fads to shovel poo poo into my shameful mouth.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

gently caress off!! I'm EVEN MORE PISSED OFF than you! I'm the angriest about the GOD drat food!!!

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I'm confused over this, is it a new chicken sandwich or they just didn't have one in the US?

They've had them forever in Canada, they fuckin suck.

You only have yourselves to blame for that. The company that hosed Timmies owns Popeyes now.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Resting Lich Face posted:

You only have yourselves to blame for that. The company that hosed Timmies owns Popeyes now.

The Catholic church?

edit: Wait, poo poo, Timmies, not Timmys.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again
that sandwich is pretty good, ngl.

death to chic-fil-a and death to america

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
ever have sex with a popeyeś chicken employee?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

"The breaded chicken comes with bread now"
- Gus Grundle, 55, camped out for 6 days

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

jeffery posted:

ever have sex with a popeyeś chicken employee?

is that an offer

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Resting Lich Face posted:

Ohhhhh. Is that recent? Because that makes sense. I did like their tenders at one point but now no bueno.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
I sincerely doubt the sandwich is as good as the chicken strips. Inject those spicy chicken tenders straight into my vein.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

i went last week and some loving cop showed up and complained to the manager that the drive thru line was too long and was backing up into the street. he ended up parking his squad car at the entrance and made everyone in line past that point leave.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
my idiot loving coworkers have been talking about this all morning. thanks for bringing it to the digital space, op. gently caress you

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

The Walrus posted:

Ohhhhh. Is that recent? Because that makes sense. I did like their tenders at one point but now no bueno.

My Popeyes is still baller as gently caress though, so I'm hoping they don't destroy it too badly.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Tried to get some Popeyes yesterday but this fuckin sandwich hype meant I didn't have time and had to go to Arby's instead.

The Arby's was pretty good though, I swear they put crack or something in that sauce.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I'm confused over this, is it a new chicken sandwich or they just didn't have one in the US?

They've had them forever in Canada, they fuckin suck.

Yeah, am I missing something? Popeye's in Canada has had chicken sandwiches for like over a year now, why is it blowing up only now?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Maybe more people should show up to vote if every American got a dinner roll to do so

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

DUDE! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

sweet thursday posted:

Maybe more people should show up to vote if every American got a dinner roll to do so

I'd take the maybe out and say they definitely would. They'd even wait in line for it

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Away all Goats posted:

Yeah, am I missing something? Popeye's in Canada has had chicken sandwiches for like over a year now, why is it blowing up only now?

a semi successful guerrilla marketing campaign and the continued shittiness of chic-fil-a

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Can you imagine being such a downer as to hate on a chicken sandwich

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i want to try it OP

and then blow it outta my rear end at high velocity OP!!!!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Chinatown posted:

i want to try it OP

and then blow it outta my rear end at high velocity OP!!!!

The solution for cheaply and safely getting shuttles into Earth orbit? :hmmyes:

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Imagine being that guy waiting hours for a $5 dollar sandwich at a fast food joint. Bonus points if that guy lives in the South with superior chicken options just down the street.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
I just grabbed one for lunch ("spicy") and ate it with a side of coleslaw. Drive-through, nothing special, got my food really quickly. It wasn't any kind of mind-blowing experience but it was quite tasty. Honestly I could have gone for some tomato on it as well, but just the pickles and... I guess it was mayo (?) were fine.

That's my trip report, please like and subscribe as I hurtle towards diabetes and a miserable death so you don't have to.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

The chicken sandwich is actually great, but it's out of stock everywhere

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

Big Beef City posted:

Don't come here.

Gonna cum all up inside here.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
i just ate a bologna sandwich on white bread with kraft cheese food product and a big rear end dollop of hellman's mayonaise

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
1. The Popeye's in Toledo need to give up. Even when there isn't a massive viral campaign, the wait is >20 minutes on average, due to half their employees not showing up.

2. Two locations in Toledo. Now, during the most internet hype they've ever had, one location is shut down due to cockroaches.

3. Whenever we get Chic Fil A, we call it getting Bigotry Chicken. The charity habits of the executives make so many people angry, I just have to mock.

Great, now I'm in the mood for Bigotry Chicken.

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

While I'm sure it's a good sandwich. The fact that it's at Popeyes and every moron in the world wants one is really the worst thing in a long time!

Like, can I just get some spicy fried chicken? Why do I gotta wait in line for 30 minutes so you fucks can get your counterfeit chick-fil-a?

Look at the side by side comparisons here, I'd say Popeye's are taking cfa to school. (drat I wish we had Popeye's over here, I love me some greasy fried chicken :( )

https://www.businessinsider.com/popeyes-chicken-sandwich-vs-chick-fil-a-which-is-better-2019-8?r=US&IR=T

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I bet Popeyes kicks CFAs rear end in Sunday chicken sales.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

GORDON posted:

3. Whenever we get Chic Fil A, we call it getting Bigotry Chicken. The charity habits of the executives make so many people angry, I just have to mock.

Yo the correct term is "Chicken McBigots"

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Kak posted:

i just ate a bologna sandwich on white bread with kraft cheese food product and a big rear end dollop of hellman's mayonaise

A simple uncomplicated classic, 7/10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

GORDON posted:

1. The Popeye's in Toledo need to give up. Even when there isn't a massive viral campaign, the wait is >20 minutes on average, due to half their employees not showing up.

2. Two locations in Toledo. Now, during the most internet hype they've ever had, one location is shut down due to cockroaches.

Great, now I'm in the mood for Bigotry Chicken.

It makes people angry in the way that giving money to people who think gays don't deserve civil rights and actively campaign to keep them from having those rights makes people angry.