Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
It's too hot out to do a proper poll
This poll is closed.
Yesterday you said you'd call Sears 27 9.57%
I'll call tomorrow 11 3.90%
You'll call now 12 4.26%
I'll Call Now 19 6.74%
Another Scorcher 72 25.53%
Cool 34 12.06%
What the hell is this crap? I'm just here for Bowsette 107 37.94%
Total: 282 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

Araxxor posted:

He was the main artist for Terraria, but he left that team a long time ago (Fairly early into that game's lifespan), and all of his work got replaced at various points.

Also yeah, gently caress Chucklefish. They've screwed quite a few people and developers over.

The initial character models for Terraria were basically just FFV characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh my loving god you loving pieces of poo poo trying to undercut the goddamn climax of Yakuza 6

my wife, who has never given a poo poo about videogames, immediately fell in love with the franchise during Yakuza 0. Other than Kiwami 2, we played every game in sequence over the course of a year. Yakuza 6 may actually be the greatest game of all time in how it teases Kiryu is finally going to kill a motherfucker

I never thought it would happen, but after Y6, Yakuza beat Metal Gear Solid for me as the greatest franchise of all time. The history - between the characters, after all they've been though, and how they keep getting poo poo thrown at them - is a loving achievement in just how much they make these moments matter.

The end of Yakuza 6 was a constant gasping for loving air, and when the payoff for it finally hit, it was like the blood finally pumped through your veins for the first time. You didn't just want to fight this motherfucker, you were going to loving kill him - and Kiryu was finally on the same page - and he totally earned it, too.

Yakuza knows when to play with the meta and it works with it, and this is precisely why it slightly overtakes Metal Gear Solid as the greatest franchise of all time.

If I'm going down... I'm dragging you to hell with me. Little baby Iwami.

Yakuza (and the end of Judgement) will make you hate a motherfucker. Will make you want to hurt a motherfucker. Will make you want to kill a motherfucker. And they know precisely how to play with those feelings, and this is precisely why I applaud the RGG team for everything they've accomplished.

Except this loving party based JRPG jesus christ what the gently caress man

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

can't wait to break a bike over God's head

Barudak
May 7, 2007

On one hand I applaud the Yakuza team for finally making a Yakuza game Im willing to pay money for on the other hand dont target games to me, dumbfucks

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I am extremely in for turn-based JRPG Yakuza

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I bought Yakuza 0 on PC ages ago, played it a bit and then stopped because I knew immediately I wanted to sink a bunch of time into it and didn’t want to do it at my PC. Just bought it again today on PS4 and spent the entire day playing it on my couch. Game owns, playing games in comfort owns.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

In Training posted:

Follow up to Outbreak 2

Please don't do this to me, all I've wanted for a long while is an Outbreak 3, now that we're in an actual generation where online play is massively widespread and standard functionality by now.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I hope that Dragon Quest is actually in the game and that's why they went JRPG

I don’t know Japanese, but it sounds like the main character directly mentions it towards the end of this trailer (around 4:22):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9_L2TA0IEY

He says what sounds like “doraquey”, ie “DraQue”, the Japanese abbreviation of Dragon Quest.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah they mentioned they got permission to use dragon quest in the game

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Hopefully the Yakuza 8 protagonist bases her fighting style on rhythm games

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1167018897473769472?s=19

Capcom adult masterpieces

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

finally going to give megaman the hard knuckle

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I tap Kamurocho to play a Bat card on "Mad Dog" Majima adding +2/+1 and three Heat Counters.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Yakuza has always been a jrpg so I don’t see any problems here

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Yakuza 0 is categorized under JRPG in my steam library, not sure what the argument here is

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

Yakuza 0 is categorized under JRPG in my steam library, not sure what the argument here is

Turn-based combat vs. a Brawler

Andrast fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Aug 29, 2019

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Honestly as someone who digs turn based rpgs I'll probably still like Yakuza 7, but also I'm mostly just confused.

They just made the new engine a couple of games ago and have been getting steadily better with it. I'm really curious if the battle engine people were too busy with Judgment and they hastily grabbed people from Atlus or something.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

If more JRPGs had combat like Jacuzzi 0 it'd be a way cooler genre for the most part.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Turn based Japanese Role-Playing Games are good.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Araxxor posted:

He was the main artist for Terraria, but he left that team a long time ago (Fairly early into that game's lifespan), and all of his work got replaced at various points.

Also yeah, gently caress Chucklefish. They've screwed quite a few people and developers over.

Ah, understood! Thanks for the correction. I thought they were referring to the current "Terraria guy" and I didn't know the history there.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The combat gameplay in the Yakuza games has never been that interesting and tended to be pretty mashy/repetitive

The cool thing about it was the heat actions and I guess they finally realized that heat actions are basically RPG summons/limit breaks

The 7th Guest posted:

the brawler style of yakuza is great

for a few hours

and then by hour 10 it's like. gently caress. leave me alone random thugs

Funny how easily these problems will translate to the trad JRPG style. Really though, if end-game Y7 doesn't have a party dressed in 100k yen suits and dual-wielding slime guns, I don't know if it's the game for me.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

finally, i get to tell Zero where exactly he should put that Z-Saber

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un8irRjLCmc

So this is how combat looks like. Actually it looks really sick. Haven't been this interested in trying out a Yakuza game in a while. I hope it just doesn't get repetitive when fighting random battles. Do the later games have some sort of system to avoid random battles later or do you just run away like usual? But again, this looks really cool to me and boss fights are probably gonna be really rad.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
On a scale of 0 to bloodstained on switch how bad is control on a base ps4? I have a high tolerance for iffy performance but bloodstained is the one game I just couldn’t handle. The last guardian was totally fine though

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

You can avoid encounters in the later-released Yakuza games I've played pretty easily, they're marked on a map and can be outrun like 95% of the time.

They'll just call you a little bitch when you do.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's pretty bad. Just walking around is OK but as soon as more than 1 or 2 enemies show up you feel it slow down to the point where the game is noticeably harder thanks to unresponsive controls.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Art.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Big Scary Owl posted:

So this is how combat looks like. Actually it looks really sick. Haven't been this interested in trying out a Yakuza game in a while. I hope it just doesn't get repetitive when fighting random battles. Do the later games have some sort of system to avoid random battles later or do you just run away like usual? But again, this looks really cool to me and boss fights are probably gonna be really rad.
I really like that it seems like other enemies aren't completely static when they're not the target of an attack. Makes it feel a whole lot more chaotic and fun.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
Hell yeah, brawlers suck balls.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm looking forward to getting even more Yakuza games through PS+ that I'll never even install.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

Holy poo poo they finally made a Yakuza game with ok combat

Yeah this. After like 11 games with▫️,▫️,▫️,▫️,🔺,🔺as the only combo its time to do something different. Kiryu can always get another game (0-2 please!!!) thats a button masher, judgment 2 is definitely being made fir the next year or 2, everything will be fine

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Taintrunner posted:

Oh my loving god you loving pieces of poo poo trying to undercut the goddamn climax of Yakuza 6

my wife, who has never given a poo poo about videogames, immediately fell in love with the franchise during Yakuza 0. Other than Kiwami 2, we played every game in sequence over the course of a year. Yakuza 6 may actually be the greatest game of all time in how it teases Kiryu is finally going to kill a motherfucker

I never thought it would happen, but after Y6, Yakuza beat Metal Gear Solid for me as the greatest franchise of all time. The history - between the characters, after all they've been though, and how they keep getting poo poo thrown at them - is a loving achievement in just how much they make these moments matter.

The end of Yakuza 6 was a constant gasping for loving air, and when the payoff for it finally hit, it was like the blood finally pumped through your veins for the first time. You didn't just want to fight this motherfucker, you were going to loving kill him - and Kiryu was finally on the same page - and he totally earned it, too.

Yakuza knows when to play with the meta and it works with it, and this is precisely why it slightly overtakes Metal Gear Solid as the greatest franchise of all time.

If I'm going down... I'm dragging you to hell with me. Little baby Iwami.

Yakuza (and the end of Judgement) will make you hate a motherfucker. Will make you want to hurt a motherfucker. Will make you want to kill a motherfucker. And they know precisely how to play with those feelings, and this is precisely why I applaud the RGG team for everything they've accomplished.

Except this loving party based JRPG jesus christ what the gently caress man

Yeah yak 6 owns extremely hard and beat takeshi has one of the greatest performances in a game ever

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Regy Rusty posted:

That's Trails in the Sky, one of my favorite RPG series

This is from last night, but thanks for answering! I will probably check that game out at some point in time.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Big Scary Owl posted:

My god. It's perfect.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

That April fool's video looks a little too good to be true but who knows

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

lets hang out posted:

That April fool's video looks a little too good to be true but who knows

bwuh?

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Aug 29, 2019

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Can we please talk about how this is a real thing Sega created in 2001?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what's there to talk about

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cowcaster posted:

what's there to talk about

How much to get a full back tat of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

I said come in! posted:

Can we please talk about how this is a real thing Sega created in 2001?

Sega did 9/11