Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh okay, I *just* got to the point where I can build a Temple so I guess that's where it diverts from the first run I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I keep trying to get back into Idle Skilling but my issue with it that I just constantly get more buttons to click and maintain but then I have to constantly click them over and over and over again. It's super whack-a-mole.

NGU is so much better at being able to unlock a feature, and then get it to a point where I can set it and actually idle.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Temples also scale with plasmid, you lick them up pretty early in the run. You should see the research show up soon.

headfake
Aug 6, 2011

explosivo posted:

So I just rebirthed in Evolve for the first time, other than the Plasmids I've earned are there any other stat boosts earned from doing this? I feel like the early game is going faster this time around but can't tell if that's just because I know what I'm doing from the get go this time.

I'm at the same point. It looks like the plasmids give a production bonus to everything, somewhere around 0.5% per plasmid (before temples that is). I'm playing Human if that matters.

headfake fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 29, 2019

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

NGU question: is it ever worth investing XP in adventure stats?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Big Mad Drongo posted:

NGU question: is it ever worth investing XP in adventure stats?

Currently? No. Maybe if you're super duper endgame, and there have been periods where it's good but I'm at exile v2 and have never bought adventure stats.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Eldercain posted:

Currently? No. Maybe if you're super duper endgame, and there have been periods where it's good but I'm at exile v2 and have never bought adventure stats.

That’s honestly remarkable. I’m on Godmother V2 and most of my exp is going toward adventure stats now since it’s the most effective way to progress in Adventure at this point since my other options are basically quirks (very slow) and hacks (also very slow) at this point

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

NGU: Am I right in finding that Iron Pill will consume all of your blood but only add the floor of the root taken? That is rude as heck if so.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Mr. Peepers posted:

NGU: Am I right in finding that Iron Pill will consume all of your blood but only add the floor of the root taken? That is rude as heck if so.

Yes, but all the spells use a root. Iron Pill has the best permanent bonus at least

Pseudoscorpion posted:

That’s honestly remarkable. I’m on Godmother V2 and most of my exp is going toward adventure stats now since it’s the most effective way to progress in Adventure at this point since my other options are basically quirks (very slow) and hacks (also very slow) at this point

I'd rather have more EMR3 since you can get adventure stats through NGU/hacks better. My pills and money pits are pretty strong, and looking at the shop I could probably blow a huge wad on adventure stats to ~3x them right now, which would put me at half the stats needed for the next exile. The late evil stuff is definitely kind of a slog but I'm finding wishes and pp/qp to be much stronger so I'm buckling down on R3 hard. Spending on generics in all 3 areas keeps feeding back into itself and I guess if I get to the point I feel like hacks and wishes are where they need to be I could probably buy adventure stats.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

In Evolve, how many runs in were you before you really got into space? I'm here for the game's slow burn but even being tremendously patient I start hitting storage problems. The next storage upgrade is prohibitively expensive. Is that just sort of... how it is?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I'd say around 3 or 4. That gets you to the soft cap of Plasmids at 250 plus some perks (storage from plasmids is definitely one to take).

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Sage Grimm posted:

I'd say around 3 or 4. That gets you to the soft cap of Plasmids at 250 plus some perks (storage from plasmids is definitely one to take).

Yeah I did 3 MAD resets before I started doing space resets. I hate starting over so I'd rather take the extra time and get the Phage currency on top of it. I'll be able to the tier 3 prestige in a couple hours, but I don't think the t3 currency does anything yet. On the other hand, I absolutely love the themes behind the resets. Nuke all life on the planet, seed a distant planet with microbial life, or throw enough exotic material into a loving black hole to what I assume is going to reboot the universe or something. I liked kittens game's time travel and unicorn magic, but the slightly harder sci-fi of evolve is more my jam.

One thing that I found really helps is spending the 5 Phage on gaining the combat boosting trait permanently. Once you have it you can pump all your genes into it to hit the 600 power for unification much more easily than morale or money. It is always worth it to unify because it's a 25% global production boost and pretty much doubles all storage. Combat rewards just don't keep up with resource requirements in late space and into interstellar.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

I was tempted only once to Reject Unity because of Balorg's slaves production bonus but I'm glad I didn't because it held out for at least the bioseed ending. The allure of more storage is too strong.

Side note, Sharkin might have a massive benefit when pursuing the third tier ending: Their Frenzy morale bonus will continue to escalate to a maximum as long as your Hell patrols are alive.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Sage Grimm posted:

I was tempted only once to Reject Unity because of Balorg's slaves production bonus but I'm glad I didn't because it held out for at least the bioseed ending. The allure of more storage is too strong.

Side note, Sharkin might have a massive benefit when pursuing the third tier ending: Their Frenzy morale bonus will continue to escalate to a maximum as long as your Hell patrols are alive.

I'm running shakin right now with antid last run I might peep into t3 this run. I'm at 750/75 so it at least won't be terrible

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

Sage Grimm posted:

I never actually noticed that, which is hilarious because I'm running that race for my first T3 run.

It does help but even running 0 taxes and 26 levels of monuments, I'm at 232 max morale (247 uncapped). Frenzy is at 19% so it's not doing nothing but i stopped buying Wardenclyffes a while ago so in the absence of being a goddamn loving shark I could still keep that level of morale up. With enough monuments, though, that's technically better than octopi's grip traits giving 8% to everything . Which is why I have both thanks to fanatacism.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
If I'm going to t3 in evolve do I even need to build the ship?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Nope, just like you don't have to actually research MAD!

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I posted earlier about not seeing the problem with sniping items in NGU's adventure mode but now I'm at Chocolate World and boooooy I see the issue now. Barely squeaking by a win of a new floor is a really triumphant feeling but it immediately dissipates since the only reward is "okay, now if I do that 199 more times it is statistically likely I will have received an item by then". And the drop rate needs to be that low so that it takes time to level the set up, which is fine, but man am I feeling that low drop rate when grinding for that initial lvl 1 set. And the stats I need to idle the area are still so far away that it's just so tempting to headbutt the brick wall.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Pigbuster posted:

I posted earlier about not seeing the problem with sniping items in NGU's adventure mode but now I'm at Chocolate World and boooooy I see the issue now. Barely squeaking by a win of a new floor is a really triumphant feeling but it immediately dissipates since the only reward is "okay, now if I do that 199 more times it is statistically likely I will have received an item by then". And the drop rate needs to be that low so that it takes time to level the set up, which is fine, but man am I feeling that low drop rate when grinding for that initial lvl 1 set. And the stats I need to idle the area are still so far away that it's just so tempting to headbutt the brick wall.

I know the feeling, but around that time just focus your attention on the other stuff that's starting to blast off. Your NGUs should be getting pretty beefy, you could possibly go run some more challenges really easy if you need them, etc. There's a lot of power around that point in the game and the adventure stuff will just come when it comes.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I found that generally at that point I'd get to where I could idle in the zone for a few minutes before dropping to the safe zone and then just keep an eye on it while I was browsing or working to get enough items to throw in the daycare then go back to idling the tower.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Hey so spoilers on the third tier reset for evolve:

So you need 0.025 solar masses of exotic material (infernite & elurium, all other mass just bumps the regular mass which affects stellar engine output & t3 prestige currency yield). Then you get two researches, one of which costs 10 soul gems and is the actual reset button, the other one gives the black hole a big boost of size (i think? it jumped to 9.75 solar masses and was maybe at 8.75 before?) but also depletes the exotic matter, meaning you have to restart the pool. 0.025 solar masses is 250 million kt of stuff, which is about a million units, give or take (infernite is 222, elurium is 297). This took me about a day and I can't feasibly ramp them anymore so a high plasmid/phage count is going to be crucial to do these resets with any frequency and potency. Napkin math says about 20 hours at my current rate of FIRING BITS OF HELL INTO A SINGULARITY.

Also the soul gem drop rate is loving bullshit. I just bumped to 9 attractors to try to get some but I'm not super hopeful. I've gotten maybe 3 a day with 3 attractors running. It may be worth not investing in the drones, droids, and VR in future runs until you bank 10 gems.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Soul gem drop per patrol per tick is 1 in 10000 unmodified to start. Each Attractor increases that chance by an inverted compound of 8% (meaning the first gives 1 in 9200 but the next is 1 in 8464 or ~15.36% increase instead of 1 in 8400 or 16%). 9 is giving you a chance of 1 in ~4722 or 0.02%. More patrols mean more chances so make them as small as your Boot Camps can maintain your count.

Sage Grimm fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Aug 30, 2019

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

something posted:

Hi friends

NGU Idle got its store page approved so here it is! https://store.steampowered.com/app/1147690/NGU_IDLE/

If you lovely goons could wishlist the game, it'll help the Steam algorithmic overlords push NGU to places to be seen and then I become happier.

edit: also, I have some steam keys if anyone wants to help test the steam implementation. Goons get first dibs.

key me

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
If somebody's willing to answer in spoilers, can I ask how do Automerge Slots in NGU affect how you lay out the various parts of the Exile. Do I just tuck 'em up there irregardless?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Buzkashi posted:

If somebody's willing to answer in spoilers, can I ask how do Automerge Slots in NGU affect how you lay out the various parts of the Exile. Do I just tuck 'em up there irregardless?

Yes

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
In NGU, I'm currently around the mid to late 50s in Bosses and have ~400XP overall anything I should be building towards atm or is it just grinding XP for idk what?

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
Does anyone have any recommendations for iOS idle games in the vein of Clickpocalypse II? I'm enjoying that but it's been very crash/freeze prone on my phone and hasn't been updated in years.

Specifically looking for something I can just sort of set up and let go about its business without too much active play/clicking. I tried a similar game called Log Rogue which was neat but required a bit too much equipment management for my tastes.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Xelkelvos posted:

In NGU, I'm currently around the mid to late 50s in Bosses and have ~400XP overall anything I should be building towards atm or is it just grinding XP for idk what?
Beating boss 58 is your next content unlock.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Finally decided to bite the bullet and play Evolve. I just unlocked Electricity and it's taking me forever to grind enough Aluminum for Sheet Metal to raise my Knowledge cap high enough to start poking around. What can I do other than, you know, sell everything in the marketplace for cash for aluminum? Am I missing something that creates lots of resources I can sell? Should I be pumping steel production or something?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Finally decided to bite the bullet and play Evolve. I just unlocked Electricity and it's taking me forever to grind enough Aluminum for Sheet Metal to raise my Knowledge cap high enough to start poking around. What can I do other than, you know, sell everything in the marketplace for cash for aluminum? Am I missing something that creates lots of resources I can sell? Should I be pumping steel production or something?

I'm on my second rebirth right now and it took me this long to really start playing with the marketplace stuff, using any spare gold to spend in trade routes to increase my titanium/s helped gradually build up more over time. It's still not terribly fast for me but trading and morale seem to make it go a bit faster.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Aluminum production is tied to your quarry workers so bump them up as well as your quarries and metal refineries. Later on it comes in so fast it's your main Cash cow for converting to every other resource.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

if soul gems are so rare why do these dumb war drones want them

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

also i feel like keeping up with hell patrols is impossible

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
NGU Question: I have 30k PP and all the normal perks but the Rich Jerk Perks, as well as the first set of Energy and Magic power/cap/bars Evil perks, the NGU perks, R3 power and cap, and QP perk. I'm trying to figure out what to grab next, and eyeballing the 30k PP "Not So Minor Anymore" perk. Anyone got any advice?

Here's my P1 of my perks, on P2 I only have the extra automerge slot.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Guff Daycare is Cool And Good™. Depending on your fibonacci, it's either time to pour more into that or Generic III's.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
The quest stuff if super strong it's worth getting to get more qp if it feels affordable

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Magres posted:

NGU Question: I have 30k PP and all the normal perks but the Rich Jerk Perks, as well as the first set of Energy and Magic power/cap/bars Evil perks, the NGU perks, R3 power and cap, and QP perk. I'm trying to figure out what to grab next, and eyeballing the 30k PP "Not So Minor Anymore" perk. Anyone got any advice?

I'm at almost the exact same point you're at and I've decided to work on the Adv boost perk. It's slow going but definitely worth the effort.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

eh i think i'm just going to stop playing evolve, i'm a few resets in and i'm not really into it

e- i might feel better if there were numbers on everything but it's too annoying to not know what things do

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Magres posted:

That is mine, except im working on the +++ ones now.

WIth such a small amount of R3 ive decided to leave those last. Id get more from pumping evil ngu's (i think)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

love to get overrun by demons :argh: