Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

poo poo, 1-2-3 Kid got robbed again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Missed opportunity for the 123 Kid being #6.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

https://twitter.com/PeteDunneYxB/status/1167184074634616858?s=19

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Imagine thinking NXT UK was going to be good for British wrestling, and imagine expecting anyone to believe some cops tweeting that out

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Tomahawk posted:

Imagine thinking NXT UK was going to be good for British wrestling, and imagine expecting anyone to believe some cops tweeting that out

Theres some tasty replies to it saying pretty much that.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

That's like saying why should I care about his matches since the storylines are just made up.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pete is so thin skinned.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

some times people go into a thread and say mad words toward others who are engaging in conversation about a product, hobby, Or other. they say to stop it, stop being engaged outwardly, and to just enjoy the thing the way this person wants them to, instead of what they want to do. And someone is probably going to kill the people who do that, one day. Not me

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
imagine getting that worked by a kayfabe best-of list

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

"I'm not owned, I'm not owned!" I shout as I work myself into a shoot

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pete Dunne is one of those formerly promising young prospects. He's the UK Matt Morgan now.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Has anyone said "Pete Dumme" yet?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

mactheknife posted:

imagine getting that worked by a kayfabe best-of list

Loads of people think dave meltzer does the list too. Wrestling twitter is a fantastic beast.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
when was dunne’s last great match

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Pete Dunne is a smaller Rhea Ripley

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

when was dunne's last match

(everyone knows NXT UK doesn't actually exist so don't try to fool us)

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

ngl him dream and roddy strong was a drat good 3 way match at takeover: toronto, but that was the first time id seen him in like a year or something?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
He was just in a triple threat at Takeover.

I agree with that tweet, I don't see the problem. I like star ratings but it's all silly fun in the end, do what you like.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the irony of pete dunne playing cop for HHH while also being bitter he isn't higher on the kayfabe victory list is funny. idk how good he's really being used nowadays (he seems to jettisson all over the main roster, NXT, NXTUK so idk what the plan is for him) but if he ever left he'd immediately be huge for anywhere else. He probably isn't being used enough imo.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Dunne vs Walter at the mania weekend takeover was my favorite match of that weekend. It ruled.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I agree with that tweet, I don't see the problem. I like star ratings but it's all silly fun in the end, do what you like.

Seth tweeted about what an honor it was and the WWE itself tweeted about it.

It's such a self own

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I bet Pete's dick isn't even fat like Seth's.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Where was dunne on the list? Is he pissy that he’s 60th instead of 40th?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Seth tweeted about what an honor it was and the WWE itself tweeted about it.

It's such a self own

Yeah, promoting that you are number one on a loving kayfabe list is pretty sad.

Kenny and New Japan barely acknowledged it last year. I got the issue in my Pro Wrestling Crate that month and reading it was the corny as hell. I can’t believe once upon a time I had ever cared about it.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
i bought one issue of that magazine probably ten years ago and the photography was good but otherwise i didn't understand how anyone in the current era of wrestling would ever have any interest in it at all

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I remember the Apter mags having very blatantly ghostwritten interviews, which is why wrestling journalism is the way it is now.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I was going to make a gag about "what sort of nerd watches developmental?" but I'm also regularly begging for the return of the New Japan Lion's Gate shows which were exactly that and I'm looking longingly at the last one which was headlined by Shota Umino vs Ayato Yoshida.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Well the difference is, one is a system that produces wrestlers that take 0 poo poo from anyone. And the other produces cubicle nerds with pecs and delts.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Djarum posted:

Yeah, promoting that you are number one on a loving kayfabe list is pretty sad.

Kenny and New Japan barely acknowledged it last year. I got the issue in my Pro Wrestling Crate that month and reading it was the corny as hell. I can’t believe once upon a time I had ever cared about it.

Kenny Omega never needs to read these because everyone and his mom knows he's always going to be in the top 10 wrestlers in the world

If we ranked workers by kayfabe wins then we'd have people like "HHH, Jinder Mahal, Baron Corbin" at the top

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

Kenny Omega never needs to read these because everyone and his mom knows he's always going to be in the top 10 wrestlers in the world

If we ranked workers by kayfabe wins then we'd have people like "HHH, Jinder Mahal, Baron Corbin" at the top

Even by kayfabe wins WWE is so 50/50 these days nobody would come close to touching Okada given he rarely drops pins even in multiman tags

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I enjoyed JR basically outing on that Conrad podcast that WWE developmental isn't to even train anyone in the "house style", it's to break them down so they do what the WWE tells them to do without question. So yeah, basically cubicle nerds with good bodies.

Also Hunter apparently complaining that Punk's rear end was too big and soft. That was certainly a thing, even Conrad had to pause and go "... wait, what?" and dig in on that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

So that's why they had a supercut of punk's rear end on WWE youtube

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Angry_Ed posted:

"I'm not owned, I'm not owned!" I shout as I work myself into a shoot
This is solid, right here. :lol:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lmfao Pete's such a prick

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The Cameo posted:

I enjoyed JR basically outing on that Conrad podcast that WWE developmental isn't to even train anyone in the "house style", it's to break them down so they do what the WWE tells them to do without question. So yeah, basically cubicle nerds with good bodies.

Also Hunter apparently complaining that Punk's rear end was too big and soft. That was certainly a thing, even Conrad had to pause and go "... wait, what?" and dig in on that.

whatever they're doing, it ain't cardio because a lot of workers get gassed quick. meanwhile indie guys like Zayn and KO can run circles around most of the PC people. iirc the PC encourages hosed up lifting programs that messes with people.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Well to get off the PWI talk... Maki Itoh did another AMA.

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1167469538847232000

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rovert's lament with the constant injuries coming out of the PC points to that. If they are doing cardio training, its probably something destructive like sulphur masks or something.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

The Cameo posted:

I had to laugh at that because it's such a HHH thing to say. Cant push that guy cause his rear end wobbles.

Also JR confirming that Hero never got a fair opportunity because of his weight

I've only listened to a few episodes but I think JR is my favorite Conrad podcast. He goes into tangents but they're almost always interesting old timey territory poo poo.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Critical posted:

Also JR confirming that Hero never got a fair opportunity because of his weight

why was Kevin Owens a different situation though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DLC Inc posted:

why was Kevin Owens a different situation though

Kevin Owens learned to speak English from WWF tv, that’s the kind of thing that gets Vince’s attention. Plus KO dropped like 100lbs before getting on NXT tv.