Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Ah, I see. I never got that the time loop had begun but the statues weren't activated before The Eye was found. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
edit: oops wrong thread

Kazzah fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Aug 1, 2019

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
It's a me; the guy who on the first loop decided to circumnavigate Timber Hearth and found the Seed and found the endgame area in the first "actual" loop after the initial "oh god im going to die" loop.

Dark Bramble makes a disturbing amount of sense if you follow the clues and don't just wander into it. Which... the Nomai did. Which.... is the story of the game.

This is the best game of 2019, i think. Maybe doom 5 will be pretty good, but I think this game is GOTY 2019. I sincerely think this.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

it’s a really loving good game and i can’t stress that enough.

Clara
Feb 7, 2004

I finished the game a couple days ago and can't stop thinking about it. For me, the flaws and annoyances were overshadowed in every way by the sheer joy of exploration and the addictive nature of the gameplay loop. I found myself playing for "just one more cycle" to follow up on a rumour or make another attempt at getting into a tricky area. I love a good mystery that drops me in the world, gives me the tools, then leaves me to myself to figure it out. Only Return of the Obra Dinn has captured that same feeling for me in the past few years.

It still amazes me how simple a concept it is to have knowledge be your only reward for playing. It's such elegant game design to technically be able to complete it your very first loop, provided you know the steps. But what the game's really about is the journey you take to get to that point, learning about the solar system and the Nomai and what happened to them. So much care was put into the writing to give it life and have it all fit together no matter what order you discover things in.

I don't know when I'm going to find something like this again and that bums me out. Game rules, and "Travelers" is the best song from the OST (fight me).

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
After getting to the Endgame (such as it is), I couldn't complete the run several times and I gave up in a fury because I hate Dark Bramble and I hate the poorly-thought-out decisions that make up the Final Run. This week I thought maybe I'd been too hard on the game. After leaving it alone for a few weeks, I decided to finally beat this masterpiece since I knew exactly what to do.

Three loops, three times eaten by the very first anglerfish because my entry trajectory just baaaarely missed the first tunnel and I just baaaarely tapped the throttle to get back on course, and chomp.

Absolute 100% unmitigated trashfire design on this. I am so mad because it's just such a betrayal of the design of the game to do this. I don't know if I have a glitched version or what but I absolutely cannot get to the first red bramble tunnel any more. (Mind you I've been to the Vessel multiple times on research, but now that I have what I need to finish, I can't do it). I once again have to confront the fact that the devs decided the best way to end their slow, meditative journey of discovery was with an RNG hell full of badly-designed enemies that punish the slightest deviation from whatever. The stupidity of it....

What a colossal disappointment for what could have been a perfect game. I wish I'd never bought it and I can't see myself ever buying a future game from these devs given their poor judgment and poor ability to follow through on the thematic build of their games.

HexiDave
Mar 20, 2009

mary had a little clam posted:

After getting to the Endgame (such as it is), I couldn't complete the run several times and I gave up in a fury because I hate Dark Bramble and I hate the poorly-thought-out decisions that make up the Final Run. This week I thought maybe I'd been too hard on the game. After leaving it alone for a few weeks, I decided to finally beat this masterpiece since I knew exactly what to do.

Three loops, three times eaten by the very first anglerfish because my entry trajectory just baaaarely missed the first tunnel and I just baaaarely tapped the throttle to get back on course, and chomp.

Absolute 100% unmitigated trashfire design on this. I am so mad because it's just such a betrayal of the design of the game to do this. I don't know if I have a glitched version or what but I absolutely cannot get to the first red bramble tunnel any more. (Mind you I've been to the Vessel multiple times on research, but now that I have what I need to finish, I can't do it). I once again have to confront the fact that the devs decided the best way to end their slow, meditative journey of discovery was with an RNG hell full of badly-designed enemies that punish the slightest deviation from whatever. The stupidity of it....

What a colossal disappointment for what could have been a perfect game. I wish I'd never bought it and I can't see myself ever buying a future game from these devs given their poor judgment and poor ability to follow through on the thematic build of their games.

I haven't played since I beat it after launch, but:

I'm pretty sure you have to go back to the Vessel by tracking it like you did the first time, then go to the red area from there. I don't think skipping works when you first enter Dark Bramble. At least, that's what happened to me once and I just decided that violated the rules of the place.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

It's pretty weird to have trouble getting to the red node. In my several trips through there, I don't think I ever actually ran into any anglerfish aside from the guaranteed trio waiting just inside the red node.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

HexiDave posted:

I haven't played since I beat it after launch, but:

I'm pretty sure you have to go back to the Vessel by tracking it like you did the first time, then go to the red area from there. I don't think skipping works when you first enter Dark Bramble. At least, that's what happened to me once and I just decided that violated the rules of the place.

No, you can track it via your ship's computer. You don't need to visit the nomai grave first.

mary had a little clam posted:

I'm sorry to hear it's been causing you so much trouble. Normally, that section shouldn't be too RNG-based; are you using the right stick to orient the direction you're facing and adjust your course? The anglerfish won't hear your attitude thrusters no matter what. And of course remember that you can enter the tunnels at whatever velocity you like - the anglerfish only react if you move the left stick more than a smidge.

If you do reach the end of the game, pro tip - you input the coordinates by pushing the ball in the middle of the pillar down, not by switching the power source to the other side.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
That part is easy once you know exactly what to do. 1 Set the ship computer to track the vessel.
2 Go to dark bramble and once you get to the red tunnel completely stop using thrusters and you’ll drift past the 3 anglerfish every time. Wait until you are around 1km away before using on your engines again.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Or just exit ship. They never came after me when I was just in a spacesuit.

Rapt0rCharles9231
Oct 20, 2008
You're not supposed to touch the movement controls (left joystick, WASD) at all for that bit. People always say you can eke past with a light feather touch but imo its dependent on how good your controller's deadzones or whatever are. I played on KB+M so I didn't even have that as an option.

Locate the entrance without entering it, take a second to line your ship up, back up a fair amount, and then charge full speed in. Stop accelerating before you go through and you'll keep enough of your momentum to drift past all the anglerfish. The transition into that zone always caps your speed so it'll slow you down a bit, but by the time you come to a stop you're far enough way from the entrance fish that you can just continue on your way peacefully or book it the rest of the distance. It also artificially reorients your ship when you enter that zone so you come close (but dont touch) the anglerfish.

If you run out of speed and you don't feel like you're far enough, you can probably hit the eject button to shoot you and your ship's cockpit forward some more, haha.

EDIT: I did the whole thing easy peasy multiple times but riiiight when I was demonstrating the process to someone on a fresh save, I basically screwed myself out of being able to complete it. I went to the vessel and was goofin' around filling out the ship log entry card while killing time for the Ash Twin sand levels to fall. One of the ship log entries is from slotting in the broken energy core (or just picking it up?) so I left it in there. When I made it all the way back with the working core, I couldn't slot it in because the spot was occupied. I couldn't swap them between my hands, and I couldn't put the core I was holding down because the whole area has no gravity. You can't place stuff down in your ship, either, so I was SOL because there wasn't enough time left to make the trek to Feldspar's camp or the exterior of the planet two times. A real unfortunate bug to discover at such a critical juncture! So, uh, don't do that.

Rapt0rCharles9231 fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Aug 3, 2019

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The real trick to that end section is just not to rush. I was so impatient my first 3 trips I died each time, 4th time I just took it easy and let myself drift slowly and it was the most agonizingly tense thing ever but it worked flawlessly

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
(All endgame stuff)

I think a lot of people panic when they get to the end sequence because the track that starts playing when you remove the warp module sounds very similar to the track that plays when the sun is about to explode. But assuming you grabbed the module as soon as you were able to warp into Ash Twin's core, you should have more than enough time to travel to the Vessel at your leisure. I haven't timed it, but I think it's not even half way through the cycle by the time the sand clears.

And as someone else stated, if you've been to the Vessel before, you don't need to use your frequency tracker or your probe launcher to locate it. Just go to your ship log and mark it as your destination of interest.

There's no RNG involved with the angler fish (unless they've updated this since I last played). Everything should be a safe, straight shot, until the last part where you just get a bit of momentum and coast past the blind idiots. You don't even need to wait out the last bit of your momentum if you don't feel like it because they're not that fast, so you can just gun it to the last seed if that's how you prefer to play.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I decided I didn't want to wait for it to show up on Steam, and got it on XBox. Such a great game. There aren't many games that end on a positive note, despite you, everyone you met, your entire species, and the goddamn universe dying. Partway through the game, I thought my goal was to stop the supernova, get to the Eye, and stop whatever's causing all the supernovas. I even thought the Nomai were wrong about the universe dying, and it was up to me to stop it. I wasn't expecting to will a new universe into being..

I even managed to 100% all the achievements, something I almost never do. Only one is a "Have to discover everything in the game" (complete your knowledge map, which is frustrating because not everything that can be missing will trigger a 'more to find in this area' note). Everything else you can do in the first loop on a brand-new game.

Plunge into Giant's Deep fast enough to punch through the current with velocity alone. This one took me quite a few tries. If you don't hit it square, it won't get you through.
Get on Sun Station without a teleporter. I seriously thought I'd never get this one. Multiple approaches either took me right into the sun or I added so much tangential velocity I shot away from the sun at 200m/sec. Then one attempt I just...wound up fumbling around between the station segments. It was still a nightmare to maneuver in there, and I eventually ejected. It's much easier to maneuver in your suit; I think the physics around Sun Station act differently when you're outside the ship.
Try to escape the supernova.
Beat the game in the very first loop (Turns out this is a lot easier than I expected. I still had to wait around on Ash Twin, so it took just as long as a normal end loop)
There are 4 others you can do without even getting the ship codes.

I wonder how many you can do in a single loop with game completion.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Aug 4, 2019

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Rapt0rCharles9231 posted:

EDIT: I did the whole thing easy peasy multiple times but riiiight when I was demonstrating the process to someone on a fresh save, I basically screwed myself out of being able to complete it. ... A real unfortunate bug to discover at such a critical juncture! So, uh, don't do that.

I beat the game the other day, but I never discovered how to leave as you're describing. What was your technique?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Beat the game last week, went back in last night cause I hadn't explored all of the Sunless City. There was an update to the game and I suddenly had more to explore at The Sun Station, Black Hole Forge, and the freaking White Hole Station. Near as I can tell it's just a few more lines of text better hinting at how to get into Ash Twin's Core. Mostly things about how warp points don't have to go to another celestial body or to one they're actually lined up with.

Didn't realize the game starts after the probe cannon finds the Eye until I read this thread, although I think some of the text says something like the Ash Twin Project will turn on upon success otherwise the Nomai would've had to wait through all those 9000+ loops, so I should've figured it out. Knowing that I was able to go back to where that count is and find out how many times I had died/been supernova'ed/meditated before the end of the game: 37.

Chalk me up as yet another goon that thought the end goal was going to be stopping the supernova. So much of what I was reading and the order in which I was reading it for a good portion of the game made it seem like the Sun Station was sapping energy from the sun and probably causing it to go supernova early. Especially just from observing the sun, it goes through the last parts of a stars life really quickly so it didn't seem natural at all until I read some stuff that said as much, and then later on I spoke with Chert right before the end of a loop which I just hadn't for the longest time. This of course made a lot of other things super confusing, like how could the Nomai set this up, then die, and it'd take 200k+ years, but the loops only started recently. I thought maybe the sun was outside of the loops for a bit and also that until the explosion happened there were living Nomai on the cannon in the loop still (the third mask that's lit up when projecting to Ash Twin), hadn't even occurred to me that it was all automated until I was on the loop where I visited the Sun Station and the Ash Twin core, which I basically found by being stubborn about figuring out where all the warps go.

Anyway having to come to terms with the ending being the inevitable end of everything and beginning of a new universe (plus my lost scout) really was something.

Oh, someone was asking about the sands on the Ember Twin earlier and the Sunless City. I'm pretty sure the answer is those big doors did have it sealed completely but being that it's a few hundred thousand years later erosion has broken through. This is a bit evident with the ruined bridges along the equator.

BlueHeron
Feb 20, 2015
The new update is live:
  • Players can now sleep at campfires to fast-forward time. This automatically becomes available after a few loops.
  • Updated writing, art, and level design across multiple planets to clarify the solution to the Ash Twin Project mystery:
    • Updated writing (and ship log entries) for the Black Hole Forge, High Energy Lab, White Hole Station, Nomai Mines, and Hollow’s Lantern.
    • Art and design changes for the Black Hole Forge and the area around it, including a different mural.
    • Art and design tweaks for the High Energy Lab, including a new mural, better gravity alignment, and other minor art fixes.
    • Art and design changes on Ash Twin, including a new mural and some architectural tweaks.
  • Updated writing for the Sun Station and Interloper to clarify a certain story beat.
  • Additional improvements to the key rebinding system.
    • It now registers more keyboard keys and controller axes (as in: more than one axis). New binds work immediately, but aren't saved until you specifically press Save and Exit.
  • Support for ultrawide resolutions and other aspect ratios
    • Proper scaling for the HUD, reticle, map labels, and lock-on UI elements.
  • Added support for 4k on the XBox One X
  • Added support for user-customizable FOV

More details on their blog: http://www.mobiusdigitalgames.com/blog.

Rapt0rCharles9231
Oct 20, 2008

Teledahn posted:

I beat the game the other day, but I never discovered how to leave as you're describing. What was your technique?

To leave the Vessel area ? I just left through the same place I came in.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

To leave the Vessel area ? I just left through the same place I came in.

I meant the whole thing, but I realize my issue is more with getting lost and being unable to retrace my steps than actually being impeded. Whenever I go to that planet I don't try to physically leave, instead using Gabbro's technique.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Teledahn posted:

I meant the whole thing, but I realize my issue is more with getting lost and being unable to retrace my steps than actually being impeded. Whenever I go to that planet I don't try to physically leave, instead using Gabbro's technique.

Dark Bramble mechanics If you immediately enter and back out of a bramble node, you'll be brought back to the outside of the planet

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
You know, about that ending...

Technically speaking, you kill the universe. While it is in its last X minutes of life (because it continues for a little bit after the 22 minutes of your star's death) and it's pretty much on the equivalent of life support by being stuck in a 22 minute loop, and the fact that everyone and everything has been unknowingly reliving the same 22 minutes for several thousand loops, it would have continued on forever if you didn't break the Ash Twin Project...

Rapt0rCharles9231
Oct 20, 2008

Teledahn posted:

Yeah, its easy to get lost in there. I used my probe/scout a lot to lay down waypoints to find my way in there (and also elsewhere in the game, because I am navigationally challenged and get lost in hallways). Dark Bramble Tip: If you find the outermost wall, you can follow the direction of the tendrils and they'll lead you to an exit for whatever zone-area you're in. Then as Devils Affricate said, you'll end up back outside of the planet(?).

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Is everyone really "unknowingly reliving the same 22 minutes" though? If the statues are specifically sending your memories back, are they not sending them to an alternate timeline/universe/dimension/what have you where its everyone's first physical experience of the last 22 minutes of the solar system including yours, its just that your memories have been overwritten by a different version of yourself? The universe you leave behind after you die or your 22 minutes are up still happens, a version of the player should still be left behind when your point-of-view gets pulled away by the statues sending memories back. I guess it depends on your interpretation of time travel, but keep in mind the Ash Twin Project uses all the power of an exploding star to send JUST the last 22 minutes of memories back, it doesn't rewind the entire physical universe.

Actually doesn't the high energy lab experiment destroy reality if you send physical matter(your scout) back through time?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I guess that means it's kind of like that lovely Nic Cage movie, Next. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lufECeWtN34

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

Actually doesn't the high energy lab experiment destroy reality if you send physical matter(your scout) back through time?

No, in fact the Nomai discovered things were going back in time by a tiny bit when teleporting matter through a black hole.
You destroy reality if you shut down the experiment just as your probe is entering one hole and coming out the other, having two of the same object at the same time at once is what breaks time.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
No, it's when you pull the drone before it enters the hole but after it exits. That's not compatible with causality, so it breaks the universe.
Also, there's no physical time travel involved in the loop per se, only information is sent back (your memories), the nomai even discussed what this meant: is your conscienceness actually teleported or are you a copy of yourself or what? The game doesn't have an answer. If you like this kinda philosophical questioning you should play SOMA!

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Technically speaking, you kill the universe. While it is in its last X minutes of life (because it continues for a little bit after the 22 minutes of your star's death) and it's pretty much on the equivalent of life support by being stuck in a 22 minute loop, and the fact that everyone and everything has been unknowingly reliving the same 22 minutes for several thousand loops, it would have continued on forever if you didn't break the Ash Twin Project...

Sure, the loops could have continued indefinitely as far as we know. At the cost of nothing new ever happening, and the new universe never being born.

The Nomai never understood the purpose of the eye of the universe, but as beings with a wider point of view, we as players do know it. It helps to create a new universe out of the ashes of the old one. That is decreed by the powers that be. (The developers). Looking at it that way, the PC is the literal Chosen One. The statue locking onto them was not mere coincidence. It's providence. How the universe of the game was set up to end. Neither the PC nor the nomai do anything more or less than fulfill their fates as were granted to them by the gods.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 374 days!
I read it as there only ever really being one "real" loop; the whole thing is one big paradox really.

Guess I'll spoiler it all -
I don't think applying linear causality to the Ash Twin Project really fits. Nothing is physically reset, there are no "loops"; the only result of the Project is that information pops into existence from potential futures as though they've already happened, according to what the Nomai wanted to receive.

It's always the player's first loop. From the game's perspective, all the knowledge you gather over time pops into the player character's head all at once at the start of the day. Similarly, the probe cannon only fires once. If the Sun Station had functioned properly, the Nomai would've just hit a button and immediately received all the information they needed, before the station actually made the sun explode.

So nobody is actually stuck in a loop. Information is being received before it's actually generated, and the only reason this doesn't instantly cram the subjects full of infinite knowledge of potential futures is that the Nomai made sure the cannon would stop when it found what it was looking for, and the player character's future always converges on a single point: finding the Eye and finishing the game.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Just finished it. Fantastic game. I really like how unsure I went in piloting the shuttle to slapdashing that fucker into space in 30 seconds flat by the end.

Question regarding the Interloper and the Nomai:

Okay, so a long time ago the comet gets too close to the sun, bursts open, and spreads ghost matter, killing all the Nomai, right?

Then why is their still their ship on the comet hundreds of thousands of years later? Why does the comet now hit the sun after a few rotations? This is what seems to me to set off the sun’s supernova, because there’s something in the writing inside the comet about the massive energy contained in the ghost rocks.

Idk, I’m certainly missing something. Not trying to say this is a plot hole or anything. So what did I miss?

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Aug 13, 2019

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Captain Magic posted:

Just finished it. Fantastic game. I really like how unsure I went in piloting the shuttle to slapdashing that fucker into space in 30 seconds flat by the end.

Okay, so a long time ago the comet gets too close to the sun, bursts open, and spreads ghost matter, killing all the Nomai, right?

Then why is their still their ship on the comet hundreds of thousands of years later? Why does the comet now hit the sun after a few rotations? This is what seems to me to set off the sun’s supernova, because there’s something in the writing inside the comet about the massive energy contained in the ghost rocks.

Idk, I’m certainly missing something. Not trying to say this is a plot hole or anything. So what did I miss?

the comet crashes into the sun because the sun gets bigger over the course of the 22 minutes as it goes supernova. Their ship is still there because nobody moved it. Why should it be gone? Ghost matter kills things but not violently.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Captain Magic posted:

My take is the stuff isn't violent or ripping people to shreds it basically kills everything like an instantaneous poison with not much mass to it. Remember that you find dead bodies directly in front of the thing and it's called "ghost matter". Stuff just rips your drat soul out of your body or something!

Highline
Mar 28, 2009
Hopping on the just finished it train.

Definitely one of my favorite games I've played in years. There's just something so joyful and happy about the whole experience. Even when you die it's never that frustrating due to the 22 min cycle.

I hope this game made Mobius a boat load of money, I'd love to see what they could with near unlimited resources for their next game.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

That was a hell of a ride. I’m not keen on the Anglerfish, and had about 6 or 7 profanity-laced goes before finishing the final segment.

Re Dark Briar, the first segment where you drift in was for me the most difficult: you can easily run out of speed just as you’re drifting past an angler, and I’m not sure it’s true you can safely use the repositioning thrusters so long as you don’t add speed. You also need enough speed to not run out of time later if you’re doing it late in the game.

Not gonna lie, getting to the point where everything explodes and the universe reboots is made more bearable knowing that all those fuckers got turned into seared sushi.

By the way did anyone find out what Dark Briar actually is? It looks sinister af and is full of those fish and has weird geometry and nested spaces and all kind of poo poo. Is it explained anywhere if you get more lore?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Small question about Dark Bramble:

I found the escape pod and followed the path to the seed with the vessel inside it. I shot my scout in to take pictures and that was noted in the ship's log. The log note makes me think I was supposed to have gleaned something about how to get to the vessel from those pictures but uhh I definitely didn't. Is there a hint to be found there (don't tell me what it is) or am I supposed to just poke around the bramble until I find it.

KoB
May 1, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

Small question about Dark Bramble:

I found the escape pod and followed the path to the seed with the vessel inside it. I shot my scout in to take pictures and that was noted in the ship's log. The log note makes me think I was supposed to have gleaned something about how to get to the vessel from those pictures but uhh I definitely didn't. Is there a hint to be found there (don't tell me what it is) or am I supposed to just poke around the bramble until I find it.

If only you had some way to find your scout after shooting it. Like some sort of on screen distance tracker.

Space is funny in the bramble, your scout will show two coordinates once fired into the seed. Follow the other one.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Lol oh yeah, ty

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Hello! I'm late to the party but this game was lovely. The art design is goddamn inspired and following the clues and trails left behind was absolutely captivating. I loved nearly all of it, but by the end even with the meditation skill and a pretty solid idea of what to do I was annoyed by how lethargic it can be to get to where you need to go when dealing with the twins and the Anglerfish. I know you can doze to fast forward time but it's still not quick enough and the anglerfish leave so little room for fault in a mostly chill and casual game. I'd make them half as aggressive but maybe that's because I'm a fudge-fingered fool who kept nudging a little too hard.

All the characters are the epitome of :3: and I loved the Nomai. I do think it's a little weak how their fate is revealed to be death via the Ghost Material from the comet. I liked learning where it originated but it really needed to be an even bigger threat in the present day if they really wanted to make it stand out: If you could have one of the projection stones being a freeze frame of a village in the midst of being completely annihilated by the stuff I think it'd be a cool and affecting moment.

Otherwise I super enjoyed it and I must admit there were times where I just couldn't pull myself away. I really had to find out what had happened so 1am became 5am and I couldn't even take in what I was reading, just that I wanted to know more.

I never managed to solve any of the Quantum Moon stuff. I haven't read the thread at all to keep myself practically entirely spoiler free so I'll be interested to know what steps to take to get there. I'm assuming you have to use the shuttle but how on earth you make that thing go where you specifically want it to is beyond me.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Songbearer posted:

I never managed to solve any of the Quantum Moon stuff. I haven't read the thread at all to keep myself practically entirely spoiler free so I'll be interested to know what steps to take to get there. I'm assuming you have to use the shuttle but how on earth you make that thing go where you specifically want it to is beyond me.

The lessons you get from the Tower of Quantum Trials and Tower of Quantum Knowledge will be a big help, as will any info you can dig up about the Nomai's pilgrimages. The shuttle has a piece of that info, but you won't actually need it for anything else.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Songbearer posted:

Just land on it :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Yeah the hardest part is "finding" the quantum moon once you have learned how you can just land on it like anything else