Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
No way Sumail and PPD are ever on the same team again lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Taffer posted:

I respect troll posting as much as the next guy but please, put some effort in

Yeah, this part made me laugh.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I literally won’t believe anything until it’s official lmao.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

What does TL stand for? All I can think of is Liquid but its obviously not them

Team Liquid's DotA roster is problematic for everyone involved on the b2b side. Try selling Kuro to a sponsor.

Taffer posted:

I respect troll posting as much as the next guy but please, put some effort in

Jokes aside after the Secret flip flop 2x he took it hard and stopped trying to be the star.

One more. NA org but the team hasn't signed since at least 2 probably 3 offers are on the table.

Sumail, Yawar, mss, ccnc & SVG

96 spacejam fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Sep 1, 2019

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
This sounds like you're reading the Reddit roster shuffle thread, extrapolating a bit and making poo poo up around the edges.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

mikeraskol posted:

This sounds like you're reading the Reddit roster shuffle thread, extrapolating a bit and making poo poo up around the edges.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

mikeraskol posted:

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
I said all this poo poo like a week ago, your Reddit game is weak

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

96 spacejam posted:

Team Liquid's DotA roster is problematic for everyone involved on the b2b side. Try selling Kuro to a sponsor.

What the gently caress are you even talking about here

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

mikeraskol posted:

Fair enough. I wouldn't believe me either. No proof, can't show receipts.

Mods can ban me if the EG lineup isn't what I posted when they announce next week.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Sampatrick posted:

I said all this poo poo like a week ago, your Reddit game is weak

I've never posted in this thread.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

What the gently caress are you even talking about here

It's pretty simple. The Dota roster in its current form hates press, they opt out of interviews, refuse to do sponsor asks, etc. TL has lost one big sponsor over it, and the guys would be happier if they weren't beholden to an org and responsibilities.

Lmao I'm not here to fight or argue. What do I have to gain by lying? I'll just pop back in to say hi sometime next week when EG releases a statement.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

96 spacejam posted:

It's pretty simple. The Dota roster in its current form hates press, they opt out of interviews. TL has lost one big sponsor over it, and the guys would be happier if they were beholden to an org and the orgs responsibilities.

Lmao I'm not here to fight or argue. What do I have to gain by lying? I'll just pop back in to say hi sometime next week when EG releases a statement.

1) that’s every dota team to begin with. None of them like the press.

2) kuro has lead TL to two grand finals at TI and won one. They’ve won multiple lans as well. I’m pretty sure that if Liquid lost any sponsor it wasn’t because of the dota team. It’s a huge organization now and they have a top tier csgo team plus their LoL franchise (that just won the NA LCS mind you)

You’re out of pocket on this one

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Team liquid is one of the few esports orgs that will survive the inevitable esports bubble pop because their teams actually win across all the games. Who cares if they don’t like the press, the other teams like the LoL team pick up the slack in terms of content creation

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

1) that’s every dota team to begin with. None of them like the press.

2) kuro has lead TL to two grand finals at TI and won one. They’ve won multiple lans as well. I’m pretty sure that if Liquid lost any sponsor it wasn’t because of the dota team. It’s a huge organization now and they have a top tier csgo team plus their LoL franchise (that just won the NA LCS mind you)

You’re out of pocket on this one

1) That's every professional player ever. Most suck it up and do it, TL DotA is kind of in a power position within the org by winning as much as they have.

2) Common, I see you post enough here to know you're quicker than this. TL would move heaven and earth to hold that Dota team. Stop thinking of it as the orgs decision.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

This bad posting is just boring now

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

96 spacejam posted:

Mods can ban me if the EG lineup isn't what I posted when they announce next week.

lol we've known about that EG lineup for a week, why don't you stake it on the Liquid scoop if you're so confident

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Remember how Sccc retired in order to take a one year break from Dota a few days ago?

Team Aster has a new pos 1.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

lol we've known about that EG lineup for a week, why don't you stake it on the Liquid scoop if you're so confident

Nothing is finalized with TL yet, at least it wasn't when I closed my laptop for the holiday weekend on Friday. Mo and Kuro have floated that they'll start their own org after the past two TIs because they feel second class to the LoL and CSGO team, they aren't in Santa Monica where all of the value adds like the Marvel collab go down. TL is essentially two orgs ran by two different people on separate continents. The guys are probably the most quiet DotA team to begin with and I'm sure feeling slighted exacerbates that.

That said, aXomatic is the most aggressive investment group in the space and will likely do whatever to keep the 3 core players at least.

Anyways, put the SumaiL brother stack on the line. EG is inked, props on the guesses but that lineup was only finalized late last week. I'm aware that EG.Ramzes has been speculated for a bit. Originally it was Solo with CCnC as the backup plan but when Ramzes decided to move to offlane EG swooped as he's the closest in skill level in the pos to MC the god.

There is major tier 1 NA org who hasn't had a DotA roster since 2017 who are throwing their hat back into the ring and it's holding up a lot of the shuffle as quite a few players want in. This year is a madhouse, expect to see a lot of region mixing..

Newbee NA :ohdear:

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
In other news, there's a new SEA stack that looks pretty sick (Meracle, Nothingtosay, Velo, Poloson, Winter). It's essentially the Power of Malaysia, Singapore, and Australia lineup from the Epicenter qualifiers but swapping out vtFaded for Meracle. This is probably Winter's best stack in a long time.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I gotta agree with the dota roster feeling like second class citizens. But for the most part most dota teams feel like they’re second class because they’re not a franchise team.

I’m just saying, watch when cod franchise happens and no teams get their roi back. Optic is getting sold to a real estate investor guy in Houston for 40 million supposedly.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

whys this guy just rewording the front page of reddit as his own ideas

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Sampatrick posted:

Remember how Sccc retired in order to take a one year break from Dota a few days ago?

Team Aster has a new pos 1.

good chance that he didn't actually say he was retiring, it just got translated that way

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Laughing pretty hard that newbee signing an na team ended up costing them sccc

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Reality Sinner posted:

Laughing pretty hard that newbee signing an na team ended up costing them sccc

It’s not like Sccc did anything all year though

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

It’s not like Sccc did anything all year though

He lost some games

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

I gotta agree with the dota roster feeling like second class citizens. But for the most part most dota teams feel like they’re second class because they’re not a franchise team.

I’m just saying, watch when cod franchise happens and no teams get their roi back. Optic is getting sold to a real estate investor guy in Houston for 40 million supposedly.

CDL is dead on arrival and a joke to everyone in the industry. Optic is a shell of its former self, 100T followed EGs lead by pulling out and FaZe will drop a similar statement anyday. At least it'll shed light on that piss poor franchise model and pull the curtains back on how Blizzard has been inflating OWL numbers. That's going to be a whole situation with serious consequences.

Kild posted:

whys this guy just rewording the front page of reddit as his own ideas

Imagine thinking it's impossible someone with a career in the gaming/esports industry isn't a goon. There are dozens of us. Stop scaring them away. w

Does Reddit know C9 is making an EU stack yet or nah? I don't read r/dota2 either way.

edit: clarity

96 spacejam fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Sep 1, 2019

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Even if everything you post turns out correct you're being such a whiny dipshit about it people still aren't gonna want to listen to you, post it once, let everyone go 'this guy is full of poo poo' then break out the I Told You So parade when you're right like a normal person

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Is Universe washed? :smith:

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Vando posted:

Even if everything you post turns out correct you're being such a whiny dipshit about it people still aren't gonna want to listen to you

I'm not at all even close to whining but if it's coming off that way, my bad. I wasn't expecting such low hanging, lovely reddit reposter responses. That's on me. Dipshit.. fair enough on that.

I got back from Shanghai last Tuesday and felt like talking about the shuffle since I'm a fan as well. Figured you guys might appreciate some actual facts through the noise. I'll check back in just to say hi when everything starts getting announced next week. Maybe drop one more stack for good measure beforehand, just for the few who think I'm making up poo poo, like what do I have to gain hahah

Its Rinaldo posted:

Is Universe washed? :smith:

EG offlaner curse.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I also just got back from Shanghai and the hot rumor I keep hearing everywhere is that EternalEnvy is a lock to win TI10

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
I ate an eighth of shrooms last night and had a vision of yawar and sumail holding the aegis and then kissing

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

96 spacejam posted:

I'm not at all even close to whining but if it's coming off that way, my bad. I wasn't expecting such low hanging, lovely reddit reposter responses. That's on me. Dipshit.. fair enough on that.

I got back from Shanghai last Tuesday and felt like talking about the shuffle since I'm a fan as well. Figured you guys might appreciate some actual facts through the noise. I'll check back in just to say hi when everything starts getting announced next week. Maybe drop one more stack for good measure beforehand, just for the few who think I'm making up poo poo, like what do I have to gain hahah

Sure but you come out of nowhere posting stuff that's already available on Reddit with what appears to be some half-baked stuff any one of us could make up too. I'm not sure what you expected - this is the internet, nobody is going to believe you without proof because as soon as we do we get taken for a ride.

Actual facts through the noise - we're supposed to know anything you say is an actual fact how? Some of it feels to me to be the opposite, like EG jettisoning their best player because apparently Rtz was pulling his punches or something.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Sep 2, 2019

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

mikeraskol posted:

Sure but you come out of nowhere posting stuff that's already available on Reddit with what appears to be some half-baked stuff any one of us could make up too. I'm not sure what you expected - this is the internet, nobody is going to believe you without proof because as soon as we do we get taken for a ride.

Actual facts through the noise - we're supposed to know anything you say is an actual fact how? Some of it feels to me to be the opposite, like EG jettisoning their best player because apparently Rtz was pulling his punches or something.

Ha, finally. Someone with a few brain cells. I was considering how to show proof without completely doxing myself after my first post, but since it's clear no real discussion is going to happen with me involved at this point the only proof I can give is when these become real. My Player Badge, and Suite/Industry tickets from each day of TI against my SA account page I guess.

It's not my first year posting during shuffles. Anyone can go back and see that I was 100% last year, despite not much happening.

This year is interesting and chaotic enough that I wanted to get involved, even with my position lending itself to getting most shuffle info in real time, so many things are happening that even I can't begin to surmise who will come out at the top. Oh well. I'll get out of the way since now it's just a wannabe fyad posters tagging each others jokes. Save 'em for when I come back to quote my posts.

Mister Panos
Jan 26, 2011

I believe you, 96 Spacejam!

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

96 spacejam posted:

Ha, finally. Someone with a few brain cells. I was considering how to show proof without completely doxing myself after my first post, but since it's clear no real discussion is going to happen with me involved at this point the only proof I can give is when these become real. My Player Badge, and Suite/Industry tickets from each day of TI against my SA account page I guess.

It's not my first year posting during shuffles. Anyone can go back and see that I was 100% last year, despite not much happening.

This year is interesting and chaotic enough that I wanted to get involved, even with my position lending itself to getting most shuffle info in real time, so many things are happening that even I can't begin to surmise who will come out at the top. Oh well. I'll get out of the way since now it's just a wannabe fyad posters tagging each others jokes. Save 'em for when I come back to quote my posts.

nah keep posting dude i dont read reddit and i liked the posts.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Again: the insufferable smugposting is supposed to come *after* you're proven right

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

96 spacejam posted:

I believe you friend. Just gotta chill with the insults, we only got each other in this forum honestly. Did you go to ti last year? We may have met

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
i beleive

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I dont believe. That amount of smug twattery rarely comes from honesty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Nothing matters until we get official confirmation of any changes. That people are taking anything personally regarding rumors is a really bad look, honestly.