Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

skeletors_condom posted:

I think I got champ and legend mixed up. I was referring to the level above vet.

Question for pros: is it a big deal that I don't really use block? At recruit/vet, I never felt a need to use block except in some edge cases. Positioning and appropriate weapon use seems like much more important to not getting hit.

I instinctively block much more than dodge. Blocking protects you 360 degrees and it's a lot easier to trust it over a dodge that might not break the enemy tracking how you expect, or their attack hitbox is janky, or your FOV made it look like you were out of range but you actually weren't. but if an enemy can be staggered by hitting them first, that's better and it's how you should CC them with most weapons.

With a weapon like the 2h hammer, if everything in front is staggerable then my rhythm is to WSWSWS releasing a charge swing each time I move forward. If something in the mess isn't staggerable I pretty much do the same thing but cancel into a block as soon as they attack.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Aug 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.
cataclysm is loving hard

i can't believe how hard it is, and i ground my way through every class on legend pretty close to release.

i can only imagine it being reasonable to clear by getting lucky with flaming skulls and trueflight. the increased special spawn rates often resulting in stormwiz's being out of bounds or at least no line of sight.

couldn't even make it past the first event in the arena of righteous stand despite 3 attempts.

im depressed lol fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Aug 30, 2019

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I should buy the DLC and play this awesome game again. I haven't touched it in months

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

im depressed lol posted:

cataclysm is loving hard

i can't believe how hard it is, and i ground my way through every class on legend pretty close to release.

i can only imagine it being reasonable to clear by getting lucky with flaming skulls and trueflight. the increased special spawn rates often resulting in stormwiz's being out of bounds or at least no line of sight.

couldn't even make it past the first event in the arena of righteous stand despite 3 attempts.

Yeah, I got through Cataclysm Dark Omens for that neat rear end portrait border after quite a few tries and went okay, further Cata can wait until people get the hang of the game again.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I still need to find people to run legendary with. I am ready for it, but quick match doesn't sound great.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
PvE games in this genre are weird in that better players play on higher difficulties, which makes the harder difficulty a lot easier than an easier difficulty with players who lapse on some basic mechanical aspect.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I've been trying to get some of the weaves done and haven't been able to find a queue for like a week and a half, and i'm nowhere good enough to just solo them

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

terrorist ambulance posted:

I've been trying to get some of the weaves done and haven't been able to find a queue for like a week and a half, and i'm nowhere good enough to just solo them

Sorry I'd offer to group up but I've been working for like 2 weeks solid.

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Willie Tomg posted:

PvE games in this genre are weird in that better players play on higher difficulties, which makes the harder difficulty a lot easier than an easier difficulty with players who lapse on some basic mechanical aspect.

This a problem with PvE in general, not any specific genre.

I play a lot of custom PvE starcraft2 maps and if you have a fh of pros, it's usually easy to set yourself up to snowball and coast to victory. If you have noobs, you get a much more tense game.

I am really looking forward to going beyond veteran, but leveling up is turning out to be a bit of a slog. Maybe I should just make the jump to champion and see how it goes.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Did they ever adjust the probability of getting a red from a chest? I've unlocked quite a few emp chests without seeing one since starting back up.

terrorist ambulance fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Sep 1, 2019

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Did they ever adjust the probability of getting a red from a chest? I've unlocked quite a few emp chests without seeing one since starting back up.

I've gotten 3.

Rng gonna rng I guess. Hard to say for sure.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Yeah I don't really care, I just splatting rats for a round or two relaxing and the loot is a nice surprise if/when it happens, but with the changes to loot die from the lord maps, getting them from finishing okri's challenges, etc. they seem pretty easy to get. I've opened 50+ for sure and I think have got a hat or two, no reds

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Yeah I don't really care, I just splatting rats for a round or two relaxing and the loot is a nice surprise if/when it happens, but with the changes to loot die from the lord maps, getting them from finishing okri's challenges, etc. they seem pretty easy to get. I've opened 50+ for sure and I think have got a hat or two, no reds

That's some poo poo luck for sure.

I really have no idea what the odds are.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
it's far quicker to re-roll max stats on an orange than it is to luck into reds, especially from chests and not legend vaults. I also think many of the unique orange skins are far superior to the reds, which are often the boringest skin with some lame glowing bits.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Willie Tomg posted:

I found pubbing Champion easier than Veteran, in Veteran I found myself running around saving all my spread out teammates and ending up being the last one standing, but if I made a mistake we'd wipe. In Champion everything went super smooth. Moving up to Legendary so far, it's sometimes 3 guys who just never take a single hit and carry me absurdly quickly to an Emperor Chest.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Meridian posted:

I still need to find people to run legendary with. I am ready for it, but quick match doesn't sound great.

I just started Legendary too but I'm EU. What I did was join that Discord, Squirrel Squads, I told them I was doing Legendary for the first time and people queued with me and guided me through it. After that I felt much better about pubbing it.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
yeah i think im over dark omens, an entire level of loving beastmen is an unenjoyable clusterfuck

and i still dont know where that final tome is...

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
New Patch out with mostly stability and bug fixes. But they also announced some plans for "season 2":

https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/winds-of-magic-season-2-blog-post/36039

Essentially, Free Drachenfel DLC, cosmetic shop with in game currency/real money(uh oh), Beastmen "balance" (probably gonna make them less meaty?), Weave Quickplay, much smaller progression reset into season 2 (keep athanor/weapons/weaves1-40)

I'll dump it here for those of you at work/on phone:

fatshark posted:

Season 1 is going to end with Geheimnisnacht event to line up with Halloween, and Season 2 will start before the end of the year.
Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Reworked levels from Vermintide: End Times - Drachenfels DLC
As a part of Season 2, we are going to revisit the dreaded abandoned castle in Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide’s Drachenfels DLC. Something appears to have taken a liking to the castle and our heroes have to once again visit the castle to learn more about what’s happening in this all-new storyline. We are aiming to release 3 reworked levels from the Drachenfels DLC during Season 2. The first part of Drachenfels will be released at the start of Season 2, and the following 2 levels later during Season 2.

All Drachenfels levels will be free to all owners of Warhammer: Vermintide 2!

Lohner’s Emporium of Wonders
We are introducing an in-game shop where you will be able to purchase cosmetics for in-game currency. There will be fancy hats, skins and other cosmetics for you to pick between. All content will not always be available, but instead will return from time-to-time as featured items. You will find these items under the Featured tab when the shop goes live.

How do I earn the new in-game currency?
With the release Lohner’s Emporium of Wonders, Shillings can be earned in two ways; by completing Daily and Weekly missions or by owning one of the existing Vermintide 2 DLC’s. Players who already own existing Vermintide 2 DLC’s will be retroactively awarded with Shillings.

Anything else?
Yes! Besides the in-game currency items, you will be able to purchase a few exclusive pieces. The reasons behind this are that we want to be able to bring you more free content and keep the studio running at the same time. By adding a few select cosmetics that you can purchase for real money you can support the studio and we can create more free content updates, such as the above mentioned Drachenfels levels.

And do not worry, there are far more cosmetics available to purchase with Shillings than what is available on the Downloadable Content tab! Ultimately the purchasable content will function as small DLCs and if you wish you can also purchase them through steam like with the DLCs Shadows over Bögenhafen and Back to Ubersreik. Lohner’s Emporium of Wonders will arrive with the start of Season 2 in Winds of Magic.

Weapons & Class Balancing
We received a lot of feedback after the release about balancing, and as you noticed, we have continuously patched the game with both stability and balancing updates. Mostly the patches have revolved around stability. The reasoning behind this is that we wanted first and foremost focus on game stability and push patches to address the bugs being reported. Some of the bugs have affected the weapons/classes and the core mechanics, which makes it difficult to know if it is the bugs causing the imbalance, or if we need to look over the numbers. This also includes enemies such as the Beastmen.

We are continuing to look into the reports concerning the imbalance (we see you Beastmen), and we will continue to push frequent patches to address balance, tweaks and fixes over the coming months.
Winds of Magic

We are committed to evolving the Winds of Magic and for Season 2 wanted to talk about some of the bigger changes to the Weaves, as well as how we reward essence for playing. We have been looking at how best to address your feedback and believe we have something worth bringing to life for the next Season, we hope you agree.

Leaderboards and Progression
We previously announced that we were taking some time to tweak the specifics of how this will work and we are now able to share the details with you. All of your Season 1 Athanor progress will carry forward into Season 2. You will also be able to jump into any ranked Weave 1-40 up to Legend difficulty from the beginning of the season, but from that point onward you will need to unlock them sequentially. We will reset the leaderboards, we also plan to shuffle the order of Weaves and change some of the existing ones to freshen up the experience from Season 1. With Season 2 “Quickplay Weaves” will also be added.
Weaves

Quickplay Weaves
In Season 2 you will be able to quickplay into unranked Weaves in a similar fashion as you currently quickplay into an adventure level. You simply select your desired difficulty and enter the matchmaking queue. Playing weaves via Quickplay will be seperate from playing Ranked Weaves. Any weaves played via Quickplay will not generate scores or place players on leaderboards.

We take on board all feedback, and one point we frequently saw was making Weaves more accessible, Season 2 will be this next iteration of Weaves. When this comes, we will continue to take note of any feedback we get, and look at what we can do for Season 3 and beyond to future Seasons with new iterations and innovations.

Essence
With the release of Season 2 we will be changing how essence is rewarded. We will be removing the first time completion bonus from Ranked Weaves however we will be increasing the base amount of essence gained from playing them. In addition to this, playing Quickplay Weaves will grant bonus essence. You will also continue to gain essence from playing Adventure missions.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
thanks for the news; i can only hope they continue to tone beastmen the gently caress down because god they're a slog. maybe even rework how the banner wargor works

how was drachenfels, i never played that far in vt1 and i really liked the 3 vt1 missions they ported forward

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

That Tencent influence is glowing.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
:discourse:

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Drachenfels DLC was generally very good, although the Dungeons level introduced the darkness & torch-carrying mechanic, which was very bad.

Weird thing to remember, but for whatever reason the finale music for the first Drachenfels level was my favorite in the game.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
there's nothing there that's particularly demanding on bots, hopefully? i pretty much cant play garden of morr due to the ending

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I do not envy attempting Dungeons with bots. Or Summoner's Peak. Drachenfels... maybe? The main level'd be fine but the escape really incentivizes staying together and moving as you kill, which bots suck at.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Oh fun, in-game currency. That's not going to lead to anything iffy, no sir.

Read that last line. The cosmetics will be available for purchase through steam like the dlc packs. So expect inflates prices in Lohner's shop to drive you towards the steam shopping cart.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 4, 2019

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Mzbundifund posted:

I do not envy attempting Dungeons with bots. Or Summoner's Peak. Drachenfels... maybe? The main level'd be fine but the escape really incentivizes staying together and moving as you kill, which bots suck at.

dang, that's a shame. though tbh bots are pretty good at moving with you, it's just that they short-circuit when a special comes out and also eat poo poo when aoe effects are happening

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Drachenfels was a great map and I played it a lot. Dungeons was okay, but if you didn't know the wall jump glitches or anything all that extra backtracking for books was dumb. Summoner's Peak was just kinda lame, especially before they added a couple books.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Dungeons and the darkness was cool as hell :colbert:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Drachenfels is the least bot-friendly DLC perhaps competing with death on the reik

Castle drachenfels requires you to carry the statues yourself and the bots have issues keeping up in the following event. The dungeons requires you to carry the torch yourself, the ogre(s) become a big problem without a team ready to blitz them, and both of the rolling events have the same difficulty as drachenfels. Summoner’s peak extremely wants you to split up into duos which bots won’t do

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
I would honestly prefer whale-farming cosmetic cash shop supporting content additions in the game up to now, to tranches of DLC of varying quality hawking insanely powerful weapons when a bunch of base game weapons get taken down to earth for being "overtuned"

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Looking forward to more maps.

Sad to see them launch a cash shop. I would honestly prefer if you had to pay for the DLC maps. $$$ for real content is fair, IMO.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Honestly seems like a fairly reasonable way to go about monetizing things to me

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
Yeah, making $ on hats and releasing things like maps for free so they actually get used in normal rotations always seems like a much smarter idea to me. It sucks buying a map pack and very rarely seeing it because only a small fraction of current players actually bought it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Shamelessly stolen from the Total Warhammer 2 thread, but I thought you guys might like this. The next patch is adding Ubersreik to the Reikland as a new region on the campaign map, and this is one of the landmark buildings you can get there.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
supplies costing a lot, lohner cant make a decent profit thanks to this bunch of assholes

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

Shamelessly stolen from the Total Warhammer 2 thread, but I thought you guys might like this. The next patch is adding Ubersreik to the Reikland as a new region on the campaign map, and this is one of the landmark buildings you can get there.

bardin isn't even a loving thane, thanks alot :fatshark:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Alas, no ranger heroes in TWW.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Bardin does what needs doing, Dawri.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Up Circle posted:

bardin isn't even a loving thane, thanks alot :fatshark:

His ironbreaker class is vaguely similar In appearance to thane, I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
He probably said he was at one point or another. Probably while on a bender with Krueber. Lohner shrugged and said "good enough". The rest became legend.