Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

HIYEEEE is a worse commercial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Faustian Bargain posted:

Preach

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Faustian Bargain posted:

By far the most obnoxious commercial currently on TV.

I also have to just laugh at those beer commercials that act as though being able to taste your beer is some major revolution. :capitalism:, I guess.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
So nearly every ad that I see on streaming services like Hulu is terrible, especially since you see the same ones over and over.

But one set that I’ve been seeing a lot of lately that I think are so clever and charming are the new LEGO ads.

I can’t find them on YouTube or anything but they all take place at an airport gate with the (LEGO) gate agent announcing over the loudspeaker to the (LEGO) passengers why the flight is delayed with funny reasons:

-the wings are the plane are gone
-economy plus is gone, with a garbage truck in its place
-there are now 9 sets of wheels and we’ll be taxiing to the destination
-etc.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mahoning posted:

So nearly every ad that I see on streaming services like Hulu is terrible, especially since you see the same ones over and over.

But one set that I’ve been seeing a lot of lately that I think are so clever and charming are the new LEGO ads.

I can’t find them on YouTube or anything but they all take place at an airport gate with the (LEGO) gate agent announcing over the loudspeaker to the (LEGO) passengers why the flight is delayed with funny reasons:

-the wings are the plane are gone
-economy plus is gone, with a garbage truck in its place
-there are now 9 sets of wheels and we’ll be taxiing to the destination
-etc.

So your basic transfer through O'Hare.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

It could just be me, but I despise those Modelo commercials that use "The Ecstasy of Gold" music from The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. They're trying to associate that music with their brand, and that pisses me off because I don't want to think of lovely beer when I hear that epic music.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

It could just be me, but I despise those Modelo commercials that use "The Ecstasy of Gold" music from The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. They're trying to associate that music with their brand, and that pisses me off because I don't want to think of lovely beer when I hear that epic music.

Agree. The slow-motion work on every single one annoys me too. Also that they’re really reaching for heroes - like, thanks for being an aerial firefighter, but c’mon.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
carcreditgiant.com We get it, Janice is a slut.

Radio ads are the worst.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
(Indicates mediocre, unremarkable car)

That's not my Buick.

(Points at slightly different but equally mediocre and unremarkable car)

That's my Buick!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
Dear Jose Cuervo - the fact that your terrible "father of tequila" ad is literally every other commercial on TV right now is making you come off a little desperate.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
We found a guy! His name is really Mac Book! But he likes PCs better! We are very clever!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

We found a guy! His name is really Mac Book! But he likes PCs better! We are very clever!

I would say that they made the whole thing up but the guy named Mac Book is so devoid of any charisma or personality that I know that they really did look for a dude named Mac Book.

I hope it was worth it to have some monotone bro pitching your product.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Majorian posted:

Dear Jose Cuervo - the fact that your terrible "father of tequila" ad is literally every other commercial on TV right now is making you come off a little desperate.

I'm guessing people are discovering that there are better tequilas out there at the same price point, anything less than 100% agave belongs in the trash.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

And like most old fathers they have lovely, antiquated understandings on how the world works

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
The Taylor Swift singing lips Amazon commercial is on all the time and it's annoying.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Gaunab posted:

The Taylor Swift singing lips Amazon commercial is on all the time and it's annoying.

Taylor Swift is annoying.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Mister Kingdom posted:

Taylor Swift is annoying.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

SUMMERTIME LOVE WITH MY SUMMERTIME LOVER

GIVE YOU ONCE CHANCE I'LL TREAT YOU LIKE A PRINCESS

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Im pretty sure Taylor swift is my age (27) and should be singing about wanting to be treated like a queen by now

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Troy Queef posted:

That poo poo is a banger they need to release the single

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Troy Queef posted:

If that commercial didn't air 40 times during your average football game I would actually enjoy it. The lead singer winking and the song having a part that goes "GET UP, GET UP, GET UP" while they stay immobile are great gags.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

mandatory lesbian posted:

Im pretty sure Taylor swift is my age (27) and should be singing about wanting to be treated like a queen by now

she turns 30 this year but technically shes ageless because im absolutely convinced shes an android like simone

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I don't get the amazon echo commercial with the grandson and grandfather. The grandson is humming a song and cleaning up while the old man sits there pissed off until the grandson leaves and says there's pudding in the fridge?

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"
That hard lemonade commercial with some lovely day drinking song has gotta go. Goddamn do I hate that commercial.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Do kids still do that volcano experiment in school anymore? It's still in so many ads.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Gaunab posted:

I don't get the amazon echo commercial with the grandson and grandfather. The grandson is humming a song and cleaning up while the old man sits there pissed off until the grandson leaves and says there's pudding in the fridge?

[Off-key ADR]VALERIIIE! VALERIE!![/Off-key ADR]

This is probably the most annoying commercial on television right now. It's so cringey and false. Plus, there are like 20 songs that go "Valerie," including the original song that Amy Winehouse covered.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Gaunab posted:

I took it as he acts like he doesn't like the song, but then he asks Alexa to play it for him; and then oh ho! The grandson catches him listening to it! And yay, they have something in common I guess?

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

The Modern Leper posted:

[Off-key ADR]VALERIIIE! VALERIE!![/Off-key ADR]

This is probably the most annoying commercial on television right now. It's so cringey and false. Plus, there are like 20 songs that go "Valerie," including the original song that Amy Winehouse covered.

It's a stupid commercial without a clear message but oh man the horrible ADR is so off putting because it sticks out so badly. As far as the message I assume the commercial is trying to push Alexa to millennials/gen Zers who need a toy to keep their pet elders entertained so they don't need to hang around so much. At the end of the commercial the poor old guy went full Stockholm on the Valerie song in a bid to keep the grandson around for a bit longer :smith:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

YouTube double ads. gently caress them.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
It was brought up in the peeves thread, but I definitely hate Nationwide's push to make Peyton Manning enjoyable. Both him and the musician have negative charisma

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Iron Crowned posted:

It was brought up in the peeves thread, but I definitely hate Nationwide's push to make Peyton Manning enjoyable. Both him and the musician have negative charisma

Peyton used to be ok but after the success of whatever ad 10 years ago where he talked about his "laser rocket arm," everyone in marketing/advertising must've thought he was so hilarious and now he won't go away.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Beastie posted:

YouTube double ads. gently caress them.

Prager University bought six minutes of YouTube ad time to tell me they were suing YouTube. The only thing that made sense was that I could skip it five seconds in.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I absolutely can't stand that Match.com ad with Rebel Wilson.

"Here's my thoughts on dating:" *proceeds to groans and grunt into microphone; rolls on floor*

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

LadyPictureShow posted:

"Here's my thoughts on dating:" *proceeds to groans and grunt into microphone; rolls on floor*

Me too. I have absolutely zero clue what - if anything - that dumb commercial is even trying to say. It's on so many levels of irony, I guess, that it's completely incomprehensible.

I hate the "clever" Sonic and GEICO commercials too, but at least those ads have a message that tells us something about the product.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Iron Crowned posted:

I want them to bring back the infamous Superbowl "I'm the ghost of a dumb kid who died a really embarrassingly stupid death" ad that only aired that one time and got laughed out of existence.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LadyPictureShow posted:

I have seriously never been impressed by Rebel Wilson, and I cannot for the life of me understand why the entertainment powers that be keep trying to push her out there.

Majorian posted:

I want them to bring back the infamous Superbowl "I'm the ghost of a dumb kid who died a really embarrassingly stupid death" ad that only aired that one time and got laughed out of existence.

I don't recall this one

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

I don't recall this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpl10G6O_lI

Nothing says Super Bowl fun like a dead kid.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I guess this would be the thread to ask. There's a commercial about some town that's super into sports. In the one commercial there's a kid who doesn't like sports or something and the dad is upset.
Long story short, the dad is one of those "that guy" actors and I can't place him and it's been driving me nuts. He looks like a mix of Dean Winters and that creepy hitman guy from the last season of justified Jonathan Tucker. Does anyone know what or who I'm talking about?
Edit:VV drat you're good!
Edit 2: Thanks for the lead, it's This guy.
That was bothering the poo poo out of me.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Sep 12, 2019

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

AFewBricksShy posted:

I guess this would be the thread to ask. There's a commercial about some town that's super into sports. In the one commercial there's a kid who doesn't like sports or something and the dad is upset.
Long story short, the dad is one of those "that guy" actors and I can't place him and it's been driving me nuts. He looks like a mix of Dean Winters and that creepy hitman guy from the last season of justified Jonathan Tucker. Does anyone know what or who I'm talking about?

I think you're talking about the Dr. Pepper "Fansville" commercials. I don't know the actor though, but he does look familiar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtN7UAZhku4&t=75s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Those sprite "Thirst for yours" ads are loving nauseating.

"gently caress your reasonable compliment, I'm gonna be rich and famous and totally don't have delusions of grandeur!!!"