Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Mr. Nice! posted:

Japanese game shows are bizarre and sometimes feature a lot of impossible obstacles. Spike TV used to edit one of those shows and present it as Most Extreme Elimination Challenge or MXC. They just had a half dozen people record voice overs and edited hours of the show down to 22 minute episodes. It was always a good laugh when it was on.

I think the Japanese show was Takeshi's Castle or something like that.

Yep, Takeshi's Castle, brought to us by Beat Takeshi of Battle Royale and tons of awesome Japanese gangster movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

kimbo305 posted:

Looking back over his fights, I think it was pretty gradual. He avenged his loss to Overeem and then came out pretty lackluster against Jimmy Ambriz.
The first time I remember him looking fat was against Monson, where he just got muscled on the ground.
He looked liked a world beater against Arlovski, but got handled on the ground again by Barnett. Washing out of Strikeforce is when I wrote him off as a contender.

Sergei was never fast, so the extra weight emphasized his decreased speed, which I guess made it easy to call him fat.

I don't remember Sergei ever looking terrible in any of his kickboxing matches, with the exception of his leg kick death at the hands of Ghita.
I can't find Duncan's "innovative ways to cool your dog" edit of that fight, incidentally.

Thanks. Well, that's sad.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
sage has been quarantined

https://twitter.com/sagenorthcutt/status/1167487209349558277?s=19

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Let me be patient zero, sage

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Do not, my friends, become addicted to water, or it will take hold of you and you will resent its absence lol haha :downsa:

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

So he does do custom orders for pictures/videos. Excellent.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Wanna be there at burning man when sage loses his innocence and tries caffeine for the first time.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/i/status/1168141737216368640

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

all right two batshit domestic abusers, great stuff.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol that was really sad

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

first ever win via tapout due to awkward sadness

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
cyborg has signed with bellator, which actually has more than 1 person in its w145 division

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I'm still very upset that I'm never going to see Gabi Garcia vs Cyborg

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

JaySB posted:

they are too good of friends to hit each other

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

JaySB posted:

Based upon Gabi's piss poor striking in the few matches of hers I've actually stomached, I think Cyborg would beat her up pretty badly. Cyborg is a real fighter even if w145 is a wasteland. Gabi is a talented grappler whose primary skill has been to be 50-100lbs heavier than her opponents via lots of steroids.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

LobsterMobster posted:

they are too good of friends to hit each other

They bumped into each other at the stanozolol clinic and knew they'd be BFFs from that day forward.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Mr. Nice! posted:

whose primary skill has been to be 50-100lbs heavier than her opponents via lots of steroids.

:thunk:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gabi is super nice and I hope one day to play UFO catcher games with her in places I've only seen in yakuza video games.

Cyborg is also very nice but you can't say god drat in front of her or she'll kick your rear end.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Cyborg is only 20-30lbs heavier than all her opponents due to steroid abuse. Gabi Garcia makes Wanderlei Silva look small.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

remember the time gabi missed weight for a 209lb bout by tipping the scales at 235+ and wasnt allowed to massacre the random old japanese lady rizin had offered up?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

LobsterMobster posted:

remember the time gabi missed weight for a 209lb bout by tipping the scales at 235+ and wasnt allowed to massacre the random old japanese lady rizin had offered up?

And they made her apologize on the mic. In english. To a japanese crowd.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

JaySB posted:

never give up because anything is possible (in japan)

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

LobsterMobster posted:

cyborg has signed with bellator, which actually has more than 1 person in its w145 division

who do they have? I don't know anything about bellator w145, but my first thought was "well cool and all, but who the heck is she going to fight now?"

Mr. Nice! posted:

Cyborg is only 20-30lbs heavier than all her opponents due to steroid abuse. Gabi Garcia makes Wanderlei Silva look small.

I honestly cannot tell what is going on in this picture, its been faked in some way, right?? RIGHT????

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

coconono posted:

And they made her apologize on the mic. In english. To a japanese crowd.

while crying

was she on her knees?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

You gotta understand. This ain't like no WWE match partner. I've been doing this poo poo for 22 years. You know what? See this cage? You better get used to looking up those lights. Because when ye calls this fights gonna happen? I'm whooping your rear end and your face is going to be going face up.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

piratepilates posted:

who do they have? I don't know anything about bellator w145, but my first thought was "well cool and all, but who the heck is she going to fight now?"

http://www.bellator.com/fighters Per their current fighters page:

Amanda Bell (6-6)
Arlene Blencowe (12-7)
Julia Budd (13-2, their current champ)
Janay Harding (5-4)
Danielle Hayes (0-1)
Elina Kallionidou (5-3)
Sinead Kavanagh (5-4)
Leah McCourt (2-1)
Talita Nogueira (7-1)
Hatice Ozyurt (2-7)
Olga Rubin (6-1)
Leslie Smith (11-7-1)

UFC's is, of course, blank https://www.ufc.com/athletes/all?filters%5B0%5D=status%3A23&filters%5B1%5D=weight_class%3A9

vs Budd would probably be good, I'd say vs Nogueira, Rubin and Smith would be interesting too. Surprised Ozyurt's still there tbh

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

piratepilates posted:

I honestly cannot tell what is going on in this picture, its been faked in some way, right?? RIGHT????

God gave her the 6'2", anabolics did the rest.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Yeah Budd is really the only real 145er left for her to fight I can think of, that's a good matchup. Cyborg is a fraud and sucks poo poo but that's like the one good fight for her outside of getting murdered by Nunes again

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

CommonShore posted:

You gotta understand. This ain't like no WWE match partner. I've been doing this poo poo for 22 years. You know what? See this cage? You better get used to looking up those lights. Because when ye calls this fights gonna happen? I'm whooping your rear end and your face is going to be going face up.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU SON OF A BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCCCCCCCCCH

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

piratepilates posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk0Sx539yiI

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the old dude laying down the law was the best part. You could almost see the circus.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

This could be incedible

https://twitter.com/titoortiz/status/1170052542576771072?s=20

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The 8-woman flyweight tournament for the vacant championship is about to begin in Invicta. The Kansas Athletic commission does not want anyone fighting more than 25 minutes so they have imposed special rules.

Quarters and semis are all 1 5-minute round. Final is 3 rounds.

Random draw for quarterfinals, and the 2 best quarterfinal winners get to choose their semi opponent.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Rigel posted:

The 8-woman flyweight tournament for the vacant championship is about to begin in Invicta. The Kansas Athletic commission does not want anyone fighting more than 25 minutes so they have imposed special rules.

Quarters and semis are all 1 5-minute round. Final is 3 rounds.

Random draw for quarterfinals, and the 2 best quarterfinal winners get to choose their semi opponent.

the previous tournament was neat, because one night tournaments are always neat in one way or another

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Looks like the flyweight belt is not vacant, so I guess this is probably a #1 contender tournament.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Gotta be nice to have a sober Eddie Bravo in your corner calling out commands.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Mariya Agapova rules

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

the previous tournament was neat, because one night tournaments are always neat in one way or another

Yeah the last one was good, I had no idea who Brianna Van Buren (8-2, 1-0 UFC) was before watching it and seeing her maul all her opponents was a treat. They had some decent in between fights too.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
If anyone wanted something to watch, the recent Lux event was really fun. A lot of great brawls between dudes called alejandro and a I think one dude was called Marco Venezuela.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Arseload of fights on bellator tonight. Like 20 fights on their card. It's on #2 at 7:06 CDT right now.