Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

yes lmao

thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
My wife got me that hard rear end CHOA book, Badlands of Hark, for my birthday. Thinner than I remember. I died on my first choice. Good times.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

kerimeton posted:

A drink from the 90's that was called Izze or Itty and was a sort of electrolyte drink, but sweeter. It must have been discontinued. I can't find it on google, but I know it's real because my siblings remember it too.

This stuff? They sell it at Costco.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

RTS game where everyone was in subs and one of the factions was silicon based aliens. This was probably late 90's early 2000's when it was released, I don't remember the game name and wonder if it would run on a modern PC or could be downloaded anywhere.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Jack2142 posted:

RTS game where everyone was in subs and one of the factions was silicon based aliens. This was probably late 90's early 2000's when it was released, I don't remember the game name and wonder if it would run on a modern PC or could be downloaded anywhere.

Submarine Titans.
Looks like there's some YouTube videos of it running in Win10, etc.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Linux Pirate posted:

It's a long shot, almost impossible I'd say. But if someone could help me find this poster for purchase I would give you all my pogs

(the skeleton, not the weed poster)

It looks like at least 2 have sold on ebay since 2017. One sold for $20 + $5 shipping. I can't find the cost of the other, but I didn't look that hard.

The poster is #3540, and it's from 1974. I would suggest searching for something like "3540 poster 1974," or "vintage skeleton toilet poster," or some combination of those keywords. You can set ebay to send you a message anytime something shows up under one of your saved searches. It might take a day, it might take a year, but I bet one will show up eventually. There might even be one on there now if you look hard enough with different combinations of keywords.

Try etsy too. People sell weird poo poo on there, not just crafts they made.

Good luck! I hope you find it.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Gutter Phoenix posted:

It looks like at least 2 have sold on ebay since 2017. One sold for $20 + $5 shipping. I can't find the cost of the other, but I didn't look that hard.

The poster is #3540, and it's from 1974. I would suggest searching for something like "3540 poster 1974," or "vintage skeleton toilet poster," or some combination of those keywords. You can set ebay to send you a message anytime something shows up under one of your saved searches. It might take a day, it might take a year, but I bet one will show up eventually. There might even be one on there now if you look hard enough with different combinations of keywords.

Try etsy too. People sell weird poo poo on there, not just crafts they made.

Good luck! I hope you find it.

:worship:Holy poo poo you are a legend among goons. Your sage knowledge of the arcane arts of 50's, 60's, 70's, and onward printed media is appreciated in words I cannot adequately express. :worship:
I honestly thought this would be glossed over.

And I know it sounds like I'm kissing rear end at this point, but your threads always rule.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Gutter Phoenix posted:

"vintage skeleton toilet poster"

please don't doxx me

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Linux Pirate posted:

:worship:Holy poo poo you are a legend among goons. Your sage knowledge of the arcane arts of 50's, 60's, 70's, and onward printed media is appreciated in words I cannot adequately express. :worship:
I honestly thought this would be glossed over.

And I know it sounds like I'm kissing rear end at this point, but your threads always rule.

Lol, no problem. I like searching for odd, obscure stuff.

I looked a bit more, and one sold for $32 or so (including shipping) on June 29th. I'd post a picture, but it's a pain in the rear end to do on my phone.

I think it might be a Grateful Dead poster, so maybe try that as a keyword. Or " ya gotta go" in quotes. Also, it was made by a company called Dargis, so maybe try that.

EDIT while I have my laptop on:

Here is the most recent (sold, unfortunately) ebay listing I was talking about :

And here is the fine print, which has details that should help with searching for that poster:

Gutter Phoenix fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Sep 4, 2019

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Teketeketeketeke posted:

Submarine Titans.
Looks like there's some YouTube videos of it running in Win10, etc.

Sweet Thanks

Dr_Zombie_Love
Mar 17, 2009
I've been trying to ID a song for nearly two decades and I haven't had any luck because it is literally impossible to search for it.

I remember hearing it on the radio when I was in high school around 2001-2002. It was a sort of electronic sounding song with a beat and synths and there was a sampled voice-over that played through it. The voice-over was clips from what sounded like a 1950's PSA talking about "The Object." It was a man's voice, instructing the listener to "examine The Object" or "place The Object in front of you" or similar phrases. I remember it sort of being in the style of Baz Luhrmann's "Everybody's Free To Wear Sunscreen" and it's very similar to "The Nozzle" bit from Venture Bros.

I'm probably not describing it perfectly, but "The Object" was repeated throughout the song. It's probably not as great as I remember, but a friend and I used to joke about it and trying to find it has been driving me nuts.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Dr_Zombie_Love posted:

I've been trying to ID a song for nearly two decades and I haven't had any luck because it is literally impossible to search for it.

I remember hearing it on the radio when I was in high school around 2001-2002. It was a sort of electronic sounding song with a beat and synths and there was a sampled voice-over that played through it. The voice-over was clips from what sounded like a 1950's PSA talking about "The Object." It was a man's voice, instructing the listener to "examine The Object" or "place The Object in front of you" or similar phrases. I remember it sort of being in the style of Baz Luhrmann's "Everybody's Free To Wear Sunscreen" and it's very similar to "The Nozzle" bit from Venture Bros.

I'm probably not describing it perfectly, but "The Object" was repeated throughout the song. It's probably not as great as I remember, but a friend and I used to joke about it and trying to find it has been driving me nuts.

MC Honky, The Object?
https://youtu.be/a3HLCvNLQgM

Dr_Zombie_Love
Mar 17, 2009

Hell yeah, nailed it in one! I feel like that should have been easier to find, but no matter what sorcery I put into google, it never came up. Thanks! It's just as enjoyable as I remembered.

average weekend
Nov 6, 2007

some people are poison

Call Your Grandma posted:

There was a music video on MuchMusic (Canadian version of MTV that was basically 100% music videos at the time but also had the CRTC-mandated CanCon rules) in the early-mid nineties. It was some alternative-rock band and the video was either in black and white or just extremely desaturated.

The video featured the band in a garage playing their music, cut with the story of a kid on his bike. The kid is sad about things (that probably also happened in the music video??) and the one part that I remember is that he writes his name on the street with the tires of his bike. I *think* the band's drummer had the name "the acorns" or "the squirrels" or something like that on his drum-kit. I could never find the video through google and I'm not sure if I actually liked the song or not.

*pries lid off of my coffin*

That must be "Any Sense of Time" by The Inbreds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAQNaA8LEAc

*sinks back into perma-lurk*

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues

Lindy Hopscotch posted:

I got another one for you goons:

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars ago, when I was probably closer to 10,11,12 years old (so somewhere in '97, '98 or '99) and my mom and I had black box cable and on one of the big "this isnt tv its (huffs farts)" movie channels there was some cartoon on that was like some furry poo poo with anthro characters (not just talking animals) and I remember it was so loving weird because it was trying to be extremely serious and dramatic while using chip n dale looking goofy-rear end characters.

I remember some male character was dying in a female characters arms and it was supposed to be very sad but all it did was confuse the hell out of me and it was so loving weird that I remember only that scene and nothing else. Oh Extra detail, it was like set on a ship or something so think of Colonial american times or British times or whatever the gently caress.

This mightve been Stars or HBO or Cinemax even idk wtf but all those channels were clustered together, so who knows !

How humanoid would you say they were in terms of proportions? This is a bit of a stretch but the first thing this made me think of was an animated movie based on David Copperfield (the book, not the magician) from the 90s starring Julian Lennon and Sheena Easton. I don't remember if anybody died, and I don't think there was a boat, but the era's about right and there was a lot of stuff going on that was pretty dark by kids' entertainment standards, like child slavery.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Im looking for a childrens short story I would listen to on cassette when I was little, around October. It features a kid (or maybe a couple of kids?) who investigate the neighborhoods notorious haunted house, get thoroughly spooked by weirdness, and then discover that its actually just the cover for an intergalactic travel hub. A friendly alien walks them through the place, shows them how all the phenomena theyve experienced are just illusions designed to keep nosy humans away, and basically gives them a tour of a spaceport. I vaguely remember a scene where theyre at a restaurant or bar, and if memory serves, the kids are drinking a weird alien concoction that is a bunch of different flavors that changes as you drink it, which sounded like the coolest thing ever to six-year-old me.

Does anyone else remember this thing, or have the vaguest idea what it might be called?

Kestral fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Sep 7, 2019

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Goodpancakes posted:

A few years ago I tried to find some old Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn episodes because I thought it was a pretty funny show. Cannot find a single loving episode of that show online anywhere.

Great, now I've got a new white whale.

There was an episode where I swear I heard old school happy hardcore playing in the background of that show, and I don't think I'll ever be able find it, let alone find out what that tune was. :( It was the most out of place thing ever.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I've been looking for this one for a few years.

It was an image of Kevin Eubanks from The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. It's just his face with "THAS COLD, JAY" written under it but the reason it was so funny to me is it was made to look like a Gameboy Color game.

Nothing that I google brings it up but it used to get posted here a lot a good decade ago.

lDDQD
Apr 16, 2006
This Jimi Hendrix poster, by Naja Conrad-Hansen:

They're all sold out. I occasionally check ebay, where I did find a couple rare prints, but it hasn't come up in 2 years.

This poster looks like how his music sounds. I always imagined that the sound sorta just boils off his skin.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
I lately remembered a game that I played when I was a kid, late 90s to early 2000s. It probably came on a PC Gamer sampler CD with coconut monkey.

Game was a futuristic rts-like, but kinda also like simcity. You were building your city on this grid, and you had to assign workers to build things or work in the research labs or whatever. You could play as a few different races - human, and the only other one I remember clearly were these big orange bipedal scorpions with some uncreative name like Scorpios or something. Your base could get attacked by competing civilizations and you would have to have defenses.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
There was a thread on the forums ages ago about a nerdy kid's rap website where he posted a video for his song "Rap Attack" where the hook was "It's a Rap Attack"

I will probably never see the video again unless it has shown up in "cringe compilation" videos that I will never watch and I am ok with that.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

I lately remembered a game that I played when I was a kid, late 90s to early 2000s. It probably came on a PC Gamer sampler CD with coconut monkey.

Game was a futuristic rts-like, but kinda also like simcity. You were building your city on this grid, and you had to assign workers to build things or work in the research labs or whatever. You could play as a few different races - human, and the only other one I remember clearly were these big orange bipedal scorpions with some uncreative name like Scorpios or something. Your base could get attacked by competing civilizations and you would have to have defenses.

This has gotta be Deadlock.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

There's a one pager comic that's just 2 baseball announcers commenting a game that's just pure nonsense. One of the lines is something like "That's a beedlebaydeeble" after a home run is hit.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

Bold Robot posted:

This has gotta be Deadlock.

Ah-ha!!! That is it! Thank you!

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
A candy that I had as a kid (in the 90's but I don't know if it's necessarily 90's specific). It came in like a plastic spaceship or something and it was an orange paste and it tasted terrible. Also this was in the USA and maybe a liquor store, maybe a gas station. I remember my dad told me it wasn't going to be good and I didn't believe him and went with it as my candy choice anyway.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

dudeness posted:

A candy that I had as a kid (in the 90's but I don't know if it's necessarily 90's specific). It came in like a plastic spaceship or something and it was an orange paste and it tasted terrible. Also this was in the USA and maybe a liquor store, maybe a gas station. I remember my dad told me it wasn't going to be good and I didn't believe him and went with it as my candy choice anyway.

Was it like this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Reminds me of these terrible candies that came in faux arcade cabinets.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Teketeketeketeke posted:

Was it like this:

It was more of a matte color, and I don't think it was that because I remember eating a lot of squeeze candy as a kid and really loving it.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Very late because I completely forgot about it but YES THIS IS IT!! Thanks! :D

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

There was a thread on the forums ages ago about a nerdy kid's rap website where he posted a video for his song "Rap Attack" where the hook was "It's a Rap Attack"

I will probably never see the video again unless it has shown up in "cringe compilation" videos that I will never watch and I am ok with that.

TELL ME WHERE TO FIND THE RAP ATTACK MUSIC VIDEO

Komojo
Jun 30, 2007

Quabzor posted:

As a kid, we had this VHS of a kids educational special about volcanoes and geology. It was an alien team/family/couple that flew their spaceship to places like Hawaii and Iceland to talk about the different kinds of lava and the geysers and stuff. A few years ago while searching I came upon a post on reddit searching for the same thing. I think it was National Geographic, but I cant find in in any evidence of it.

Late reply, but are you thinking of Rock Odyssey?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Quabzor posted:

As a kid, we had this VHS of a kids educational special about volcanoes and geology. It was an alien team/family/couple that flew their spaceship to places like Hawaii and Iceland to talk about the different kinds of lava and the geysers and stuff. A few years ago while searching I came upon a post on reddit searching for the same thing. I think it was National Geographic, but I cant find in in any evidence of it.
Yeah I have a memory of a lazy afternoon in 6th grade where the teacher put on an informational Geology video. Everyone lost it at this Heatmiser looking fucker singing "Sedimentary SEDIMENTARY...... ROC--

Komojo posted:

Late reply, but are you thinking of Rock Odyssey?
:psypop:

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

The rapper's name was Chrisman, I also liked "Chill This Summer". Here you can see his track list, but I can't find any video or audio.

https://www.last.fm/music/Chrisman/+tracks?date_preset=ALL

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

what's that really well known epic choral song where you have the chorus that says the same thing (prob in Latin, there's four words dun-dun-dun-dun) over and over but they get louder over time, from a whisper to the point at which they are practically yelling? and then there's a huge orchestral ending.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
O Fortuna

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

actionjackson posted:

what's that really well known epic choral song where you have the chorus that says the same thing (prob in Latin, there's four words dun-dun-dun-dun) over and over but they get louder over time, from a whisper to the point at which they are practically yelling? and then there's a huge orchestral ending.

I believe you're thinking of the song "Bye Bye Bye" by N*Sync

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

actionjackson posted:

Omnis Mundi Creatura?
Wait, you said 'well known'.

It's this.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

bless you friend

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Chinatown posted:

The perfect California burrito where there's perfect proportions of guacamole and sour cream, perfectly grilled marinated skirt steak, and perfectly crispy fries that aren't soggy, wrapped in a warm tortilla that is still moist and doesn't break apart or flake.

I've come close a few times, but alas, my search continues.

Claytons diner has a small back area Mexican takeout in Coronado its one of the better ones Ive had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Video of Tony Robinson's: Odysseus The Greatest Hero of Them All. There is an audio book version of it, but he did a video version as well in the 1980s on a British kids TV show. I think they're impossible to find now unless you actually taped it off the television back when it was broadcast. The BBC doesn't have it.

V for Vegas fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Sep 18, 2019