Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

CannonFodder posted:

Instagram, Gmail, Instagram again

is OMO like an ork doing OWO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

is OMO like an ork doing OWO

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

joedevola posted:

This anime poo poo sucks nobody knows what any of this is.

Ok

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Dewgy posted:

Hobbit in 48fps 3D was fun as hell and I’m sad there’s not really a way to see it again. It wasn’t a good movie but it was a neat tech demo I guess. It made the whole movie feel more like a stage production and in retrospect that was about the only good thing about it.

This is exactly how I feel. It blew my mind and I loved how it felt like a stage show. I had never really realized how "distant" movies normally look (even in 3D) until I saw that movie. I want to see more movies filmed like this.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

:hellyeah:

https://i.imgur.com/Mt7TRDc.gifv

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
I saw it in HFR and everything looked wrong. Like actors were moving at the wrong speed or the effects hadn't been keyed to the actors at the right speed or something. Could have been the 3D making it worse.

The movie is also balls.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Der Kyhe posted:

now that Amazon owns the entire Tolkien IPR they should definitely look into that and throw it in as a bonus to the new series.

They don't own the IPR, they've just licensed it. The Tolkien estate still owns it and has set really strict limits on what Amazon can and cant do. I think they've said they can't depict anything from whichever age hobbit/LOTR is set in, and they aren't allowed to alter the canon at all. The tv series Amazon are making is probably still going to be about Sauron invading middle earth though because that's basically all that happens in Lord of the rings land

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

joedevola posted:

This anime poo poo sucks nobody knows what any of this is.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Man, I must be getting old, I can't tell any more when a green armor man is Halo Guy or Doomster

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Phy posted:

Man, I must be getting old, I can't tell any more when a green armor man is Halo Guy or Doomster

That's fair.

In general Doomguy is more THICC

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

bike tory posted:

They don't own the IPR, they've just licensed it. The Tolkien estate still owns it and has set really strict limits on what Amazon can and cant do. I think they've said they can't depict anything from whichever age hobbit/LOTR is set in, and they aren't allowed to alter the canon at all. The tv series Amazon are making is probably still going to be about Sauron invading middle earth though because that's basically all that happens in Lord of the rings land

Man in the High Castle ends with universes collapsing until all that's left is a song and it was just a Silmarillion prequel the whole time.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

NewFatMike posted:

Man in the High Castle ends with universes collapsing until all that's left is a song and it was just a Silmarillion prequel the whole time.

Canonically and per Tolkein himself, the events of lord of the rings take place about 6000 years before the present day, and is set in our world. So man in the high castle would have to be a sequel unless you believe in some sort of circular time loop.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
And a few thousand years later the elves come back with elfstones

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
remember "Master of Puppets but it gets faster every time they say master"?

Someone tried their hand at drumming along to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aACfOY2e0Bw

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

bike tory posted:

It's set in the Second Age, when Sauron infiltrates Atlantis to invade heaven.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

NewFatMike posted:

No, it’s actually the intro to Skyrim.

gently caress YOU TODD, HOW DO YOU KEEP DOING THIS?!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rocksmith custom song makers made it for guitar and bass. It’s fun!

https://youtu.be/xdlMuYBOWa0

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

thats amazing, at about 3:15 it sounds like japanese power metal and at 4:45 its chimpmunks grindcore

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016

Burns
May 10, 2008

Killer robot posted:

It's set in the Second Age, when Sauron infiltrates Atlantis to invade heaven.

Itll be interesting to see what they do. My guess is rise and fall of Numenor.

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Their flashing tongues, spitting out blood and poison.
Fun Shoe

bike tory posted:

Canonically and per Tolkein himself, the events of lord of the rings take place about 6000 years before the present day, and is set in our world. So man in the high castle would have to be a sequel unless you believe in some sort of circular time loop.

Yeah, but THIS time he has the Horn of Eld, so it will be different.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Beautiful

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIqg-UVv9QU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
That sounds like someone farting out the song

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Who What Now posted:

That sounds like someone farting out the song

very on brand for the garf

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/pXvBh9b.mp4
Sound on please

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

can we just admire the quality here

actually photoshopping all visible sides of the box is not something you see every day

plus, it's frosted boot leather flavor

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Reposts? Shameful.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Reposts? Shameful.

:bisonyes:

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Infinitum posted:

Reposts? Shameful.