Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

E9 3.0 CSL

Yes to all of these except I would overpay for the vantablack and then have it wrapped in 70's golf yellow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Lmao just got rear ended

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

fknlo posted:

Lmao just got rear ended

Must have been distracted by that paint job

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

fknlo posted:

Lmao just got rear ended

gently caress man, goondolences

This is why we can't have nice things

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

fknlo posted:

Lmao just got rear ended

Take it back to the detailer and say you noticed a few scratches on the back bumper, just to make him poo poo himself.

Act earnest, don't back down, film it.

Before he breaks your nose, say "It's just a prank, bro!"

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Guinness posted:

gently caress man, goondolences

This is why we can't have nice things

I literally had a conversation with my Lyft driver about this this morning :suicide:

It's nothing bad, but come the gently caress on.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

fknlo posted:

I literally had a conversation with my Lyft driver about this this morning :suicide:

It's nothing bad, but come the gently caress on.

At least tell us the driver was insured and didn’t hit & run or something

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

beanieson posted:

At least tell us the driver was insured and didn’t hit & run or something

They're insured, at fault all that poo poo. I'm still probably just going to go through my insurance and let them deal with it. Now I need to find a really good body shop.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Not actually that bad or anything. She had been stopped behind me and then she just drove into me, so super low speed. Still really loving frustrating. She clearly saw how pissed I was right afterwards, and then a possible burnout didn't help and she was shaking when we pulled into a parking lot and I had to calm her down. I'd already calmed down massively by that point and was able to get her to relax. It's just a car and all, still really loving frustrating.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

We’re 2/2 now in AI; clearly the cosmos has it out for us if you get your car ceramic coated.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Had an old dude in a 1983 Chevrolet Broughammer camper van do that to me. I had just finished a 3500 mile road trip, problem free, and this dude drives into me. He was fiddling with something and womp. I got stuck in the elevator at work that week too.

I think the estimate was about $650 to smooth the dents and repaint it, from the high end body shop near Philly.

Sucks dude. :(

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

fknlo posted:

Not actually that bad or anything. She had been stopped behind me and then she just drove into me, so super low speed. Still really loving frustrating. She clearly saw how pissed I was right afterwards, and then a possible burnout didn't help and she was shaking when we pulled into a parking lot and I had to calm her down. I'd already calmed down massively by that point and was able to get her to relax. It's just a car and all, still really loving frustrating.

She saw you in shorts & flip flops while wearing driving gloves, she was probably shaking due to her intense attraction to you

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

fknlo posted:

Lmao just got rear ended

That sucks man. Because of my fear of this kind of ridiculousness, I always sit with my foot on the brake at stop lights even though it's not necessary to keep the car in one place since idiots can't tell an object is stationary without the red lights.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

beanieson posted:

She saw you in shorts & flip flops while wearing driving gloves, she was probably shaking due to her intense attraction to you

They look like lederhosen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A335hSqh5M

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

fknlo posted:

Not actually that bad or anything. She had been stopped behind me and then she just drove into me, so super low speed.

Had that happen to me on my motorcycle. I came to a complete stop in a right turn lane, I watched them come to a complete stop, I looked left to see if there was oncoming traffic, they ran right into me. "OMG, I thought you went! Can you tell me how to get to the airport from here?" Wtf?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

They look like lederhosen

I thought they were required to drive Bavarian perfection?

Uthor posted:

Had that happen to me on my motorcycle. I came to a complete stop in a right turn lane, I watched them come to a complete stop, I looked left to see if there was oncoming traffic, they ran right into me. "OMG, I thought you went! Can you tell me how to get to the airport from here?" Wtf?

There were 3 of us stopped in that right lane/turn lane while crossing traffic had the light. She said she looked in her mirror and thought someone was coming up on her too fast so she moved forward. Into me. I saw it coming at the last second but not enough time to do anything. I leave a generous amount of space between myself and the car in front of me so I have options, but I wouldn't have expected the stopped car behind me to drive into me anyway.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

fknlo posted:

I thought they were required to drive Bavarian perfection?

They are, and this is the only song you're allowed to listen to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBDMB902VBo

Now who wants a mustache ride?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Your mistake was not knowing that "No Merge Area" signs do not apply to M3 drivers!!

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ether Frenzy posted:

Your mistake was not knowing that "No Merge Area" signs do not apply to M3 drivers!!

It's funny because there actually is a 3 or 4 car length "merge" area there. If the Fiat 500 in front of me had just pulled up a bit further it would have been alright. The best part of that area is that there really is no merge lane coming from the right and people ignore it all the time and just roll through as is happening in that picture. I've had people almost drive into the side of me there. I'm not a fan of that far right lane for that reason.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Had a guy in a big white van run into me at a red light. I was like the 5th car back too and he just decided he was tired of waiting I guess. Idk what people are thinking but it's another knock against automatics.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Popete posted:

Had a guy in a big white van run into me at a red light. I was like the 5th car back too and he just decided he was tired of waiting I guess. Idk what people are thinking but it's another knock against automatics.

I love seeing white transits everywhere now because of the British stereotype of european transit drivers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_van_man

They're like baby Swift trucks :3:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Jealous Cow posted:

In 2004 I had the opportunity to buy an E28 M5 for $9k and didn’t do it. This is my shame.

Ooof. How much are they these days?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Powershift posted:

I love seeing white transits everywhere now because of the British stereotype of european transit drivers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_van_man

They're like baby Swift trucks :3:

This is pretty great.

In the U.S. this is usually a self employed guy in a pick up truck who is libertarian and doesn't care about being PC.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

fknlo posted:

whoa chill on the Speed 3 plot spoilers please

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I had planned to do my plugs this weekend and I'm still doing that. Don't have to look at the back of the car, so that's nice.

Dirty engine bay with everything still attached:

Finally ready to hit the plugs:

And here's the main part of the strut brace you can't see since it's under covers and stuff:

Gonna do some BMC drop in filters while everything is apart as well since you have to pull the carbon part of the strut brace off to get to them anyway.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I enjoy your taste in cars and bikes

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Why get an automatic when you can spend a little extra for the best manual transmission known to man; the DCT

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Why get an automatic when you can spend a little extra for the best manual transmission known to man; the DCT

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
IT'S ACTUALLY TWO MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS STUCK TOGETHER

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

IT'S ACTUALLY TWO MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS STUCK TOGETHER

rear end in a top hat friends: ya well do you have three pedals? :smug:

Me: NO DICK I HAVE 4, TWO ARE ON THE STEERING WHEEL :cry:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I am actually going to agree with Chris on this one. :hf: (a gloved hand high five)

beanieson posted:

rear end in a top hat friends: ya well do you have three pedals? :smug:

Me: NO DICK I HAVE 4, TWO ARE ON THE STEERING WHEEL :cry:
Actually might use this in an argument one day.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

There is a 330i in the yard with absolutely immaculate, fully OEM part serviced engine which I am totally stealing the power steering and oil lines from ASAP. I may just take the whole front end off the droptop and do the cooling lines too.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Got everything back together. The only issue is that one of the superior German hose clamps on one of the charge pipes broke and now there's a lovely auto parts store one on there to laugh at me every time I open the hood. It started up and ran fine, I'm not gonna do a shakedown run just yet because of the weather.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I don't know why anyone would willingly put an automatic in a fun car, knowing the manual's days are numbered.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Residency Evil posted:

I don't know why anyone would willingly put an automatic in a fun car, knowing the manual's days are numbered.

Because the people that can afford to buy new cars are old and they are tired to rowing their own gears.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Dude your car would look worse than that after an hour parked on the street in SF.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

Because the people that can afford to buy new cars are old and they are tired to rowing their own gears.
or they are young, and rich, and stupid, and want some gizmo with the roundel and instagram support

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Young, dumb and full of Bangle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

hitze posted:

Young, dumb and full of Bangle superior German adhesives?