Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

it really is amazing to me the tories still don’t get buried in the polls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Der Meister posted:

it really is amazing to me the tories still don’t get buried in the polls

legions of swivel eyed gammon freaks living in an alternate reality, and they all vote

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

legions of swivel eyed gammon freaks living in an alternate reality, and they all vote

so it'd be a safe bet to assume the british elderly are just as ridiculously, stupidly spiteful as america's elderly?

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/DKShrewsbury/status/1170439183208472578?s=20

This guy is a Tory MP

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

It really is something that the 2 parties from the world’s oldest 2 party system are going to struggle to get 50% between them.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

so it'd be a safe bet to assume the british elderly are just as ridiculously, stupidly spiteful as america's elderly?

During the last election a key element of the Tory manifesto was, "we will force the elderly to die in the gutter as God intended."

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/Gerrrty/status/1170415857090084865?s=20

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Captain_Maclaine posted:

During the last election a key element of the Tory manifesto was, "we will force the elderly to die in the gutter as God intended."

Get it done by Oct 15.

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/MearnsColin/status/1170324404217274369?s=20

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

twoday posted:

This guy is a Tory MP

I think he's 'campaigned' for the same thing every time. Somehow nobody listens to him, odd that.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

moreso I think, because in addition to dreaming of a world where everyone other than a white man knows their place, British elderly dream of a world where the lesser peoples the world over smile contentedly from beneath the boot of empire

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that's only because they have first hand experience of being an urchin under empire

https://twitter.com/parliawint/status/1170459461057699841

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
"the sun never sets, my love", dermot johnstonstone said to no one in bed, for he believed his long-dead wife was not dead, that the page 3 girl on his nightstand was her, and that the current year was one in which the mere idea of britain was something worth giving a flying gently caress about.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
then he died. the body wasn't found for two weeks. the end.

moral of the story: BREXIT

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/PeterStefanovi2/status/1170290873524981761?s=20

More Brexit for the Brexit God

twoday
May 4, 2005

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

god drat i love brexit flow charts

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Has a "national unity government" ever happened before?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

power word- Jeb! posted:

god drat i love brexit flow charts

I like how good amount of the time whatever happens in the end is not on the chart.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Has a "national unity government" ever happened before?

WW2

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Private Speech posted:

I like how good amount of the time whatever happens in the end is not on the chart.

usually there's a spot with 'no one knows wtf happens in this case???' and that's always the path reality takes

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, I wondered if someone was going to say that.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

moreso I think, because in addition to dreaming of a world where everyone other than a white man knows their place, British elderly dream of a world where the lesser peoples the world over smile contentedly from beneath the boot of empire

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Imagine being dumb enough to write all of these possible scenarios, not knowing only the stupidest possible option will happen.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Imagine not just writing "FARRRRRRT" in each one.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
i hope the uk gets kicked out of all euro sporting competitions and such

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

imagine brexit

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

So if there's an election and Labour win, what happens then? They go for a brexit deal or do we get a referendum on whatever deal it ends up being vs remain?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

As you see in the chart we begin with FLLLLLRRRRPF, which is generally considered the likely starting point for talks. Now if Britain and the EU come to an agreement we will end up in SKAAARGLLK, otherwise the trajectory indicates a move in the direction of GAWWWKBIBL. At this point there's not much indication of emerging without reaching YBLLGNGLE, or worse still? The much feared instance of Britain achieving WUNGLEDRSP.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Squizzle posted:

imagine brexit
Trick question, which brexit?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

SardonicTyrant posted:

Imagine being dumb enough to write all of these possible scenarios, not knowing only the stupidest possible option will happen.

Counter-point: How can we know what the dumbest option is if we do not know the smarter ones as well?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

GTO posted:

So if there's an election and Labour win, what happens then? They go for a brexit deal or do we get a referendum on whatever deal it ends up being vs remain?

Yes

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

lol at everyone trying to make sense of this or trying to guess what's going to happen next

that flowchart is just a symptom of a mind screaming into the brexit void

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

GTO posted:

They've said they'll sort some deal out and go for a referendum, which is basically the only way out of this poo poo where people don't start stabbing each other. The longer the Tories look like total idiots in the press before hand the better for them.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

that flowchart is a schizophrenic conspiracy theorist, imagining that there are patterns with deep and significant meanings in everyday things, and trying to incorporate these patterns into one coherent system

in reality, of course, there are no patterns, no hidden meanings, no secrets, no plans. there is only randomness, chaos, disorder

there is only brexit

twoday
May 4, 2005

Lock him in the clocktower

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

redleader posted:

that flowchart is a schizophrenic conspiracy theorist, imagining that there are patterns with deep and significant meanings in everyday things, and trying to incorporate these patterns into one coherent system

in reality, of course, there are no patterns, no hidden meanings, no secrets, no plans. there is only randomness, chaos, disorder

there is only brexit

You mean magical thinking, or in this case, moggical thinking.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

GTO posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Brexit Brexit. Brexit, Brexit Brexit.