Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I mainly use cartridges because I actually have no idea how to use the flower vaporizer I bought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

SardonicTyrant posted:

I mainly use cartridges because I actually have no idea how to use the flower vaporizer I bought.

What kind is it?

Personally I love my PAX3, which has been extremely easy to use. Vaping some granddaddy purple right now.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

SardonicTyrant posted:

put weed in, turn on, breathe weed in to lungs?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Labes for days posted:

What kind is it?

Personally I love my PAX3, which has been extremely easy to use. Vaping some granddaddy purple right now.
It's a PAX3. Even when I think I'm using it right, it doesn't feel like I'm actually smoking anything.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

i have a tabletop vape and i just find its a cumbersome experience and also is a pain to drag out every time i wanna do a little weed while hanging in the living room. it's probably the most ideal way to consume the stuff though.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

SardonicTyrant posted:

It's a PAX3. Even when I think I'm using it right, it doesn't feel like I'm actually smoking anything.

Do you have the temperature all the way up? You have to use the app to do so.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

SardonicTyrant posted:

I use a Mighty vape mostly and have found that it doesn't feel like smoking at all and has a few differences. Most of the time the vapour is a transparent blue and feels like slightly warm air entering my throat and takes maybe up to 10 minutes to feel the full effect of the high. I like doing 356 F on it and 3 second inhales, but if you aren't feeling anything then crank the thing up to about 375-392.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Labes for days posted:

Do you have the temperature all the way up? You have to use the app to do so.

what the gently caress

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Viper's album cover but it says You'll Cowards Don't Even Vape Fats

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, i have koalas.
lactose intolerant but crushing whole milk and sugary cereal anyways gang

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I use an e-nano mostly and it's pretty good. I got the thing that lets you plug it into a water pipe

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I've been using an arizer air as my main rig for like 3-4 years now and besides a new battery that thing hasn't needed any maintenance ever.

Every time I think about getting a desktop vape I'm like "it's $200 I could spend on more weed" and forget about it

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I've been using my buddies Firefly. It's awesome but you don't get the throat hit like you get with blunts/pipes/bongs, so I find myself hitting and hitting and hitting it, and then all of a sudden I'm in the stratosphere with no warning.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Laserface posted:

I've been using an arizer air as my main rig for like 3-4 years now and besides a new battery that thing hasn't needed any maintenance ever.

Every time I think about getting a desktop vape I'm like "it's $200 I could spend on more weed" and forget about it

I have an Airizer Solo 2 and I definitely had the same thought about spending 200 dollars on it. SO uses it all the time, it's great when you need to make a little bit of flower last a long time, and it's built so solidly I think I could use it to bludgeon someone with and I probably wouldn't even need to replace it.

Customer service was really good too. There was an air bubble in one of the glass stems so they very quickly shipped me an entire set of replacements and a really nice "Trees" grinder. I wasn't expecting any grinder, let alone one that costs 20 dollars retail.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I have a Solo 1 and 2 and they are pretty good I have to say. Reliable and almost no maintenance. My bud guys are back so have some pics.

G6 Jet Fuel, sativa hybrid

Banana Split, indica hybrid

And some unnamed stuff I get from the guy upstairs!

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Sep 9, 2019

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
All this tainted carts stuff makes me sad. Stay safe friends.

This morning I went online, bought 7.5g of MK Ultra flower with free xpresspost shipping, and it should get here by Friday even though I live up near the arctic circle.

God bless you Canada. :canada:

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

charity rereg posted:

acting like you know what's going on is essentially just spreading false health information. don't bother with the news articles. the CDC is less sensationalist and makes no such claims because we honestly don't know.

i cannot possibly reconcile your claim here with the fact that a number of presentations have been in nicotine-only carts, which are not illegal and thus not "bootleg." it may turn out to be right, but it's too early to say for certain. telling people they're OK isn't right, people should know it's a risk until we know more and make an informed decision.

exactly. I know a lot of people are (rightfully) freaked out right now and are trying to convince themselves that they're safe and can continue honkin on their pens but we don't know that just yet. there's more to the story then just "a rash of bad carts with vitamin E oil". what I'm curious about is why there's "only" 600 or so cases of this - it's been found in 30 states, not particularly tied to a certain region, and outside of one dude in Wisconsin & his brother getting it, it either doesn't seem like there's a particular 'batch' of tainted carts, or that those who smoke them aren't necessarily going to get sick. or maybe people are getting sick but quit vaping the bad cart before they get hospitalized. I'd be interested to know exactly how much these people were smoking it. idk it's probably best to lay off for a while, I know it sucks but if you blow your lungs up then you can't smoke any more at all so think of it that way

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

The flower is calling to you! SMOKE ME! I’m quite delicious!

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Who was the dude in here talking poo poo about seedbanks sucking and just sending you random seeds. That bud is from a set of 4 plants that all look identical. Purple haze strain.

This is Pineapple Express, and there are 4 identical plants of these buds.

You sir, may be completely full of poo poo.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Well some modern boutique strains are just not genetically stable and really need to be cloned forever because they're genetic unicorns which haven't been inbred and could drift significantly in just a generation or two. It's probably even inappropriate to call them strains at this point when it's really just 1 super mom plant with countless cloned offspring which should never go to seed. So if you're buying seeds from a flavor of the month strain it's totally possible that they'll all grow up to be weird mutant stepchildren that don't resemble their parents or each other

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Sep 11, 2019

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Harton posted:

Who was the dude in here talking poo poo about seedbanks sucking and just sending you random seeds. That bud is from a set of 4 plants that all look identical. Purple haze strain.

This is Pineapple Express, and there are 4 identical plants of these buds.

You sir, may be completely full of poo poo.

it was someone who in fact doesn't know anything about how plants work.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

anyone here grow outdoors? my options are fairly limited but i have a spot in mind that gets around 7-9 total hours of sunlight a day, kind of divided between early morning and evening due to the angle of my building. once the average temperature drops below like 85 a day i was thinking of planting

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Harton posted:

The flower is calling to you! SMOKE ME! I’m quite delicious!

Give it more time :ohdear: it's not quite ready yet!

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Zipperelli. posted:

Give it more time :ohdear: it's not quite ready yet!

I’m thinking October mayyyyybe late September.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

JAMOOOL posted:

exactly. I know a lot of people are (rightfully) freaked out right now and are trying to convince themselves that they're safe and can continue honkin on their pens but we don't know that just yet. there's more to the story then just "a rash of bad carts with vitamin E oil". what I'm curious about is why there's "only" 600 or so cases of this - it's been found in 30 states, not particularly tied to a certain region, and outside of one dude in Wisconsin & his brother getting it, it either doesn't seem like there's a particular 'batch' of tainted carts, or that those who smoke them aren't necessarily going to get sick. or maybe people are getting sick but quit vaping the bad cart before they get hospitalized. I'd be interested to know exactly how much these people were smoking it. idk it's probably best to lay off for a while, I know it sucks but if you blow your lungs up then you can't smoke any more at all so think of it that way

I've had some carts from dispensaries around here that gave me bad throat burn or tightness in the chest. It's happened twice and I stopped smoking them, but eventually tried it again later and was totally fine. I'm watching really closely and primarily going with flower right now.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Maybe we could start a hand-wringing over vapes thread and you could worry there?

This thread shouldn't be the biggest buzz kill on the forums, it's not right dammit!

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

bagmonkey posted:

I've had some carts from dispensaries around here that gave me bad throat burn or tightness in the chest. It's happened twice and I stopped smoking them, but eventually tried it again later and was totally fine. I'm watching really closely and primarily going with flower right now.

yeah I started having random chest pains the day after hitting one (which in retrospect was def not a legit one) and was a little short of breath. nothing too bad but it definitely felt weird and it lasted for about 5 days. no clue if its related, I might have just gotten a minor bug, but still why chance it.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Maybe we could start a hand-wringing over vapes thread and you could worry there?

This thread shouldn't be the biggest buzz kill on the forums, it's not right dammit!

it's harm reduction, chill

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

JAMOOOL posted:

yeah I started having random chest pains the day after hitting one (which in retrospect was def not a legit one) and was a little short of breath. nothing too bad but it definitely felt weird and it lasted for about 5 days. no clue if its related, I might have just gotten a minor bug, but still why chance it.

The one cart I had was definitely like that, and it was a Platinum Vape that I know you can purchase the packaging for online no problem. I'm definitely trying to stick to the most legitimate sources I can find for what little oil I am still smoking (mostly when it's somewhere I gotta be discrete)

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

it's harm reduction, chill

Yeah, pretty much, thank you. It's important we talk about this poo poo so that everyone can continue getting high af in as safe of a way as possible

Like me, I'm high af right now, Amnesia Haze 4 lyfe

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Amnesia haze myself good sir!

Anytime in general I’ve vaped carts of different types they tended to gently caress my lungs worse than flower anyway. It’s unfortunate cause they come in super handy in public to maintain the groove.

Weeds gotta look out for weeds my dudes!

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Querkle has helped me spend an inordinately long period of time composing a post about querkle. Thanks querkle!

Oh man it’s such a great strain name, too.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Craft weed is one of the better parts about this timeline! :350::2bong:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Earwicker posted:

anyone here grow outdoors? my options are fairly limited but i have a spot in mind that gets around 7-9 total hours of sunlight a day, kind of divided between early morning and evening due to the angle of my building. once the average temperature drops below like 85 a day i was thinking of planting

With only 9 hours of light your plant will probably start flowering right sway. If you go straight from seedling to outdoors it will be on the small side since the plant is focused on growing buds instead of stems and leaves. Also having an irregular light dark cycle could cause it to get stressed out and start producing pollen.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Do not suck in a vape and then hold in a lungful of smoke. That burns and irritates your lungs. You will get the exact same high if you mix in a ton of extra air into your lungs before you hold it. Literally, suck in a tiny 10% lung capacity hit of smoke, put the vape down, suck in 90% of clean air, and then hold it. You will have a much better life. You can repeat as many times as necessary and you will get just as stoned off of just as much weed but without any coughing or irritation.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Anyone here a Mass goon? I usually go to Patriot Care in Lowell, but they stopped handing out menus, and I'm not waiting two hours in line without knowing what I'm getting. Anyone know a better dispensary around the Lowell area?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

SardonicTyrant posted:

Anyone here a Mass goon? I usually go to Patriot Care in Lowell, but they stopped handing out menus, and I'm not waiting two hours in line without knowing what I'm getting. Anyone know a better dispensary around the Lowell area?

Why is there still a 2 hour wait anywhere? Is it the only dispensary around?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

BigFactory posted:

I don't know?

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Do not suck in a vape and then hold in a lungful of smoke. That burns and irritates your lungs. You will get the exact same high if you mix in a ton of extra air into your lungs before you hold it. Literally, suck in a tiny 10% lung capacity hit of smoke, put the vape down, suck in 90% of clean air, and then hold it. You will have a much better life. You can repeat as many times as necessary and you will get just as stoned off of just as much weed but without any coughing or irritation.

This. I draw for about 3 seconds and then inhale a shitton of air and its been a big improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

BigFactory posted:

i mean, its massachussetts. i havent been back there there since legalization happened but everything was done on a town by town basis and knowing mass id bet there are towns that are like "you can only buy weed from 3-4pm on wednesdays" or some poo poo. they still rope off the liquor section of grocery stores on sundays