Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/1170226062711611392

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Kitfox88 posted:

it's great that warframe's getting in on being a better spaceships game than star citizen as well

the interior of the railjack is just a hidden room outside of the playable area of the level and its windows work like portals from portal that are attached to the actual ship's model

it's not really trying to do the same thing as star citizen from a technical standpoint because it's clear that digital extremes wants to make railjack a video game and release it. pretty huge difference in goals

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Mayor Dave posted:

Pls don't post ur masturbation log
Day 1: Jacked it
Day 2: Also jacked it.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Wasteland 2 was good as he'll and i can't wait for 3

Dec 26, 2012

wasteland 2 had problems that were obvious enough that im tentatively optimistic for 3

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/HOI_Game/status/1170683331672989696

just casually tweeting out some swastikas, no biggie

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 29 days!)

01011001 posted:

wasteland 2 had problems that were obvious enough that im tentatively optimistic for 3

I had Wasteland 2 pre-ordered and was a day 1 player. Once you get to the city it was insanely janky. I'll have to replay it sometime.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/HOI_Game/status/1170683331672989696

just casually tweeting out some swastikas, no biggie

Yes it's a WW2 game

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Andrast posted:

Yes it's a WW2 game

what does that have to do with swastikas . . ?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

turn off the TV posted:

what does that have to do with swastikas . . ?

The nazi flag was in fact the flag of nazi Germany during ww2

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SardonicTyrant posted:

Day 1: Also jacked it.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Is there a single person in game dev more loved than Kojima?

Dec 26, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I had Wasteland 2 pre-ordered and was a day 1 player. Once you get to the city it was insanely janky. I'll have to replay it sometime.

it got a revamp which made it better but was still pretty janky. the main things i disliked were a) half of the skills felt like lockpicking skills/i hated the "chance to succeed" thing because it encouraged savescumming like nothing else and b) half of the weapons just dropped the gently caress off the map once you hit the city which both seem extremely fixable if someone cared enough

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Pomp posted:

Is there a single person in game dev more loved than Kojima?

mayiamoto

i cant think of a non-japanese person though

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
right now im playing through Blood and man that game is so good

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

01011001 posted:

it got a revamp which made it better but was still pretty janky. the main things i disliked were a) half of the skills felt like lockpicking skills/i hated the "chance to succeed" thing because it encouraged savescumming like nothing else and b) half of the weapons just dropped the gently caress off the map once you hit the city which both seem extremely fixable if someone cared enough

ohhh poo poo yeah
i'd totally forgotten that. i occasionally wonder if i should give WL2 a try and now i remmeber that i did and the first time i failed a RNG skill check i stopped

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

right now im playing through Blood and man that game is so good

a shotgun for the ages

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I got into Wasteland 2 pretty hard on release but I just stopped playing as I got to that super polite city I think it was and I never beat the game. Does it pick up at all after that? I remember it being a pretty slow game. I remember the skill/attribute system was pretty loving stupid too. Iirc like half the points you invest in attributes do nothing and a few of the skills are useless. Despite that I still really liked what I played but I hope they modernise the 3rd game a bit.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 29 days!)

Wasteland 2 was pretty uninspired generally. You can tell that the bio lab from the early game was their playtesting arena, because it's the only place in the game that really feels fully fleshed out within the setting.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Stairmaster posted:

yeah and theyre all multiple gigabytes and you have to direct download them. Do you not understand the problem here

I honestly don't, no.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I honestly don't, no.

multi gigabyte downloads are better on torrents depending on your regions level of internet quality. Also you don't have to worry about the download being interrupted.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

oscarthewilde posted:

https://twitter.com/BrianFargo/status/1169659476997095430?s=20

jesus, how the gently caress do you manage to run a 'successful' game company and not realise reviewers write opinions, not facts????? loving the weird gators coming out of the woodwork to attack reviewers cause this dumbfuck can't think straight

incredible

this dude has been at the helm of game companies for 36 years. longer than basically anybody else in the entire industry. the level of detached ignorance you can have as a ceo is incredible

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

So did the game company CEOs convince themselves that reviews were an objective fact after they tied developer pay to metacritic scores

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Atrocious Joe posted:

So did the game company CEOs convince themselves that reviews were an objective fact after they tied developer pay to metacritic scores

if you get at least one good review, it becomes very easy to convince yourself reviews are objective facts. any bad reviews are obviously from people who are jealous of your success.

praise for me = accurate reflection of reality
criticism for me = haters, sickos, and those who will never understand my greatness

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

probably right around the time that their marketing departments started paying everyone to give them 9/10 for every game

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

SardonicTyrant posted:

Day 2: Also jacked it.

prods make a dollar
devs make a dime
that's why I'm jacking
on torrent seed time

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Jazerus posted:

incredible

this dude has been at the helm of game companies for 36 years. longer than basically anybody else in the entire industry. the level of detached ignorance you can have as a ceo is incredible

"it's the reviewers who are wrong" seems like an incredibly natural wrong opinion for a lifetime game developer to have

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

The sniper rifle that could see and shoot through walls is definitely something a pedophile would design

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Wrong thread but still games relevant so whatever

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

SpaceGoku posted:

probably right around the time that their marketing departments started paying everyone to give them 9/10 for every game

they don't pay them, they just gently caress them over if they don't give good scores

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Calibanibal posted:

The sniper rifle that could see and shoot through walls is definitely something a pedophile would design

I will not hear such slander about the Red Faction rail gun.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Ghost Leviathan posted:

they don't pay them, they just gently caress them over if they don't give good scores

the payment is not loving them over, just like a whole lot of industries

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'm doing the tutorial missions for anomaly and I'm stuck on the second one. I'm supposed to find this jelly fish artifact in the trash compactor anomaly but all i can find is floating radioactive bread.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Toward the end MassEffect3 got really grindy but what made it more tolerable for me was getting the xray rifle and stacking wall-penetrating bonuses to make "cover" a matter of opinion.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

if u have hoi 4 and haven't played the old world blues mod that changes the setting to fallout your missing out, I'm playing as a federation of luchadores who have teamed up the the Republica de Rìo Grande to suplex the gently caress out of bandits, dictators, and eventually Cesar's legion

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Fallom posted:

"it's the reviewers who are wrong" seems like an incredibly natural wrong opinion for a lifetime game developer to have

he's not even saying that though

he's saying reviewers are, on average, objectively right

it makes sense to say the reviewers are wrong, because most of the time they are

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Referring to this

https://twitter.com/mooncult/status/1170748979119702016

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
Brian Fargo spent 90% of the last 20 years in a stasis pod. he didn't get the memo that video game reviews are no longer averages of the technical execution of graphics, audio, controls, and "Fun Factor" (aka subjective bullshit)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

beto sex cramp posted:

Brian Fargo spent 90% of the last 20 years in a stasis pod. he didn't get the memo that video game reviews are no longer averages of the technical execution of graphics, audio, controls, and "Fun Factor" (aka subjective bullshit)

reviewers were even more capricious at interplay's peak since they weren't yet entirely bought

dude's just a moron