Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Dingleberry posted:

Forgive the terrible pic but I saw a fully logo’d 4 Loko delivery truck the other day; I thought they stopped making that poo poo.

They're still making it, but they 'nerfed' it from its original formulation. I just read the other day that they're getting ready to put out a hard seltzer (because *that's* a 'thing' now) with 14% ABV.

EDIT: \/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/fourloko/status/1161402554712039424

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
There was a civilian gate runner at Mayport not too long ago who pulled up drinking a 4 Loko, told the guards to gently caress themselves and then punched the gas through the gate before slamming into the immediately deployed barrier. He might of died, not sure. He was airlifted out.

Looked it up. Yeah he dead.

Bonus 2nd gate crasher story even stranger in link.
https://www.news4jax.com/news/military/man-dies-of-injuries-from-1st-of-2-crashes-at-mayports-main-gate-this-month

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

King of Bees posted:

There was a civilian gate runner at Mayport not too long ago who pulled up drinking a 4 Loko, told the guards to gently caress themselves and then punched the gas through the gate before slamming into the immediately deployed barrier. He might of died, not sure. He was airlifted out.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/military/man-dies-of-injuries-from-1st-of-2-crashes-at-mayports-main-gate-this-month

Lol what the gently caress

Helluva way to go

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

14% is stronger than wine

What I'm saying is they should absolutely be releasing this so that people can drink wine like it was soft drink and provide content for this and the schadenfreude thread.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Memento posted:

14% is stronger than wine

What I'm saying is they should absolutely be releasing this so that people can drink wine like it was soft drink and provide content for this and the schadenfreude thread.

"Danrk 4loko eryday noww mah teef r gon." :v:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

King of Bees posted:

His caste was civilian, but his soul was enlisted.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The second one sounds like the guy who either stole a truck, or was driving his buddy’s truck when he drove it through the oversized headstone that 5-1 Cav put up as a memorial to their dead soldiers. I had thought that was the fastest chapter I’d see on the army (~10days), but my fuckup soldier managed to get his pushed through in a single work week :stare: I need to go dig through the old idiots thread, he went out in a blaze of glory involving trashed hotel rooms on post, showing up to formation hammered, peeing in his roommate’s locker, stealing random things from anyone around him, and going to his last extra duty day just so he could tell our SGM (we didn’t even have a CSM) that he was loving off and nobody could stop him.

Like I said, final blaze of glory (except that Phoenix wasn’t reborn afterwards). I know I wrote about him before, but it’s been a long while and I’m probably missing details.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

I'm just enjoying the Marine vs Florida Man angle.

Florida Man: general Florida Man bullshit.
Marine: hold my beer.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Did he make enough breakfast for the homeowner?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The tag had to be scribbled out because it was a 1:1 recreation of the boot's actual tag.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
The sad thing is that the artwork really isn't half bad, it's actually got halfway decent shadows and poo poo.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Memento posted:

The tag had to be scribbled out because it was a 1:1 recreation of the boot's actual tag.

I'm ok with this because it's not a loving punisher skull.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Needs more BCT unit logos.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

*in line at the post office* oh dang i forgot my social again what ever am i to do

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Lead out in cuffs posted:

I'm just enjoying the Marine vs Florida Man angle.

Let’s find an example of Florida Marine

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Beyond the one in the article?

Yeah Ok.

https://taskandpurpose.com/marine-corps-teacher-school-shooter-keith-cook posted:

Florida Marine vet teacher on leave after telling students he would 'be the best school shooter'

JAMI GANZ, NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

August 26, 2019 at 08:33 AM

A high school teacher is on administrative leave after telling a classroom of students that he would "be the best school shooter" and described a hypothetical strategy.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
"Yeah right you pussy!"

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgn7beANfLE

I think this is a really good metaphor for how our executive branch currently operates.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

shame on an IGA posted:

Beyond the one in the article?

Yeah Ok.

Hahahahahahahaha

That’s loving great.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

someone on AskReddit posted:

Used to work at a naval hospital. Apparently artillery marines used to have this hazing tradition called “kissing the breach”. Essentially, the M777 (155) howitzer artillery guns (like any gun) have a massive recoil and the new marines would put their face as close to the recoil as possible. Apparently, this was fairly common but honestly I never heard of it again after this. So this good looking, 19 year old boot actually “kissed the breach”. The gun recoiled and smacked him in the face. He transferred to our hospital one day after the incident and it was the worst injury I have ever seen to this day. He somehow survived being hit in the face by the recoil of a round capable of traveling 25 miles. This thing weighs like 9000 pounds and hit him in the face with literal cannon force. He makes it to hospital and I couldn’t believe my eyes. He essentially had lost his entire face. No eyes, mouth, nose, chin. Nothing. A gaping hole with tubes and surgical dressings. I was part of a team responsible for stabilizing him and never heard the outcome, but I know he survived for quite some time. He may have made it back home. I hope he is still around. He had a great family around him and the hardest part was seeing his mother holding pictures of her son before the incident happened. Heartbreaking.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

jfc

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

:stonk:

gently caress artillery guys are dumb

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Thump! posted:

gently caress artillery guys Marines are dumb

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

:aaa:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Thump! posted:

pro name/post combo

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Thump! posted:

I saw a whole lot of dumb poo poo during my time with the guns. I saw young gunners jump off the back of a truck and crack their skulls on the trails. Guys trying to unload 105 HE with wooden sticks. 105 barrels so fouled that we had to pound thru a costco sized bag of TP to get it clean. Guys tossing fuzed 105 rounds.

Not once, in my entire time in service, did I witness anything as monstrously unsafe as that practice. It's not like the pendulum test, there's some variance in the recoil depending on the charge/round/trail spade depth. You've got a 3000lb barrel/breech assembly moving at roughly 100 meters/second, you will lose any fight you get into with that thing. The number one loving thing we always, ALWAYS taught gunners was "never stand between the trails, never stick something between the trails you're not willing to lose".

An injury of that kind in the CF would have resulted in, minimum, loss of command for Gun Det commander, Battery CO and CWO and probably Regimental CO/CWO, and I'd expect criminal charges against the gun det commander as well. But it would never, ever have happened because the rest of his det would have beat the poo poo out of him for even thinking about doing that.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I don't think that there was a lot of thinking going on around that incident.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

A Bad Poster posted:

I don't think that there was a lot of thinking going on around that incident.

And if there was no one was saying anything.

Especially not Mr. Hamburger Face.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
Either this was the same incident or someone seperately got their face done in by an artillery piece with senior enlisted incompetence, and a bad military equipment design.

quote:

Doc, I was in 11th Marines when this happened. This was a Marine up in 29 Palms, and it actually was not a a hazing incident. This was actually a procedure and supervision mishap. The 19 year old was the breach operator and was pretty inexperienced at the position. When you move a howitzer, procedure dictates removing the firing mechanism and storing it in the #2 bag until emplacement. During emplacement the Marine accidentally installed the firing mechanism UPSIDE-DOWN in what many of us artillery Marines were aware was a flaw that could happen in the design. Unfortunately, he did not notice this happened during emplacement. They received a fire mission, and when they went to fire it, there was the misfire. The section chief immediately noticed that the firing mech was installed incorrectly, and he shouted at his Marine to fix it. This is where leadership was in the wrong. He removed the mech, with his body bent over near the breech with both a round in the tube, prop behind it, and the initating magazine still in the breech. In order to actually successfully install the firing mech, you need to turn it in place until it clicks and locks. That click and lock is also the firing mech OPERATING. He locked it in, half bent into the breech, and BANG. Bounced his face off the breech, he ricocheted off the Gunner's sight, and landed at the section chief's feet. The chief ended up doing time in the brig for gross negligence.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Just like

is it SOP in Marine Artillery to gently caress with the firing mechanism with a round in the tube? Where installing it means actuating it and possibly NDing a 155 round down range? There are so many loving questions there, Jesus.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My old CO used to say that tanks kill, and they don't care who they kill. Same goes for most dangerous equipment.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
That had to be like getting bitch slapped by god himself.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Like getting kicked by 800 horses at in the face at the same moment.

EBB posted:

My old CO used to say that tanks kill, and they don't care who they kill. Same goes for most dangerous equipment.

Every old artillery dude I ever met had some level of hearing damage. Probably also CTE from all the brain vibrations

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

MA-Horus posted:

Just like

is it SOP in Marine Artillery to gently caress with the firing mechanism with a round in the tube? Where installing it means actuating it and possibly NDing a 155 round down range? There are so many loving questions there, Jesus.

Search your heart, you know the answer already

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

EBB posted:

When I lived at Fort Hood, some dumbfuck drove an M60 through a bivouac area without a guide. At night. Some poor fucker got squished, but survived. As half a guy. They even had to take out most of his pelvis, since that was ground up. The story was in the post paper as a cautionary tale, with an interview with the squished guy. Don't recall what happened to the driver, but I doubt it was good.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Some dumbass from 1-25 did that with a Stryker down at JRTC, drove it right through the designated sleeping area that was marked off with engineer tape and glow sticks. Luckily, nobody was sleeping there but based on the number of rucksacks that got crushed, he would have run over about 6 people.

A Bad Poster fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Sep 10, 2019

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Sounds like the 1/25 I remember, alright. Getting away from that unit was legit the best thing I ever did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Have autism and limited mobility in your left arm? There's 150 Army careers for you, maybe.
https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2019/09/05/army-launches-inquiry-into-how-teen-with-autism-and-arm-disorders-was-recruited/