Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I'm not finished with the episode yet but she's really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Cael posted:

If you follow them on twitter, the way they were all posting a day or two ago makes is seem either A) they already have plans to do so and are being coy or B) all seemed genuinely excited at trying to plan another ep

I don’t have a twitter anymore but that’s great!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
There's been some whispering on twitter that the WLM of October (Halloween month) will be The Shining. I'm extremely pumped for that possibility. Both Stephen and Andrew has apparently indicated that they've seen it in recent days.

The dog-blowjob will likely take up at least 15 minutes of their time.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I didn't realize they were going to so Double fuckin' Impact. hell yea.

I also hate myself for knowing who Garindan is for the Gleep Glossary.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

BigglesSWE posted:

There's been some whispering on twitter that the WLM of October (Halloween month) will be The Shining. I'm extremely pumped for that possibility. Both Stephen and Andrew has apparently indicated that they've seen it in recent days.

Awww I was hoping for The Thing. We haven’t gotten any Brimley in loving forever gawdammut

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

BigglesSWE posted:

It's one of those things that makes sense in the book, but Kubrick decided to delete the explanation in the movie to make it freakier

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

There’s a low key reference to The Shining in Toy Story 4, and I was all there for it.

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

As we find out it's the made for tv version of The Shining instead...

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

mrfreeze posted:

As we find out it's the made for tv version of The Shining instead...

That would be a normal episode, from what I know of that version. Apparently boring as sin.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I'm glad Andrew has given DS9 a chance and realized it actually owns

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

The story of Steve going to baby prom was like, legit cringey in every way.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

GrandpaPants posted:

The story of Steve going to baby prom was like, legit cringey in every way.

I was outside using my weedwacker with the mailbag on and when Steve got to the part where the teachers showed up I said "Oh NOOO" so loud my wife thought I had been injured.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The letter to the response, the entire thing was a series of escalating cringes. Crabin is right though. gently caress prom go to the after party.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

BigglesSWE posted:

That's cool, but i was really, really hoping for Scream.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
This is one of the few time I completely agree with Cabin - Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV show is trash

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Has anyone seen their improv movies? I remember the early eps constantly plugging the private cabin collective and it seems to have faded to nothing. I’m pretty lazy, are they any good?

Violator
May 15, 2003

Arson Daily posted:

Has anyone seen their improv movies? I remember the early eps constantly plugging the private cabin collective and it seems to have faded to nothing. I’m pretty lazy, are they any good?

From what I remember from the trailers they were mumblecore and filmed using consumer DV cameras so they weren’t super easy to watch.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
They pop up in old Cracked youtube vids and some other random stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr4HoqRI_3w

https://www.cracked.com/video_18437_why-you-never-want-gotham-city-criminal-your-crew.html

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
I am dying at the Joss Whedon impressions throughout this episode. They are definitely bringing their A game

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Joss Whedon sucks and Cabin is right.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

enigmahfc posted:

This is one of the few time I completely agree with Cabin - Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV show is trash

Trash and Does Hold Up are two different things. I've watched every season, even 7, dozens of times, and I don't think I'll ever do the whole thing again, just YouTube the bits I like.

I still think the season 4 finale was the greatest hour of TV ever.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Elderbean posted:

Joss Whedon sucks and Cabin is right.

:hmmyes:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

GoutPatrol posted:

I still think the season 4 finale was the greatest hour of TV ever.

There are 8 hours of True Detective 1 which makes it start at least at #9.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Violator posted:

From what I remember from the trailers they were mumblecore and filmed using consumer DV cameras so they weren’t super easy to watch.

I remember watching the full on movie they made 5 years ago, We Are Strangers, and it was very much this. It was pretty good at what it was going for, but not really my thing at all. Like, just a bunch of awkward social interactions.

It's on their Vimeo page, if anyone is curious.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Sep 5, 2019

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Stephen "Raging Polack" Sajdak

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I don't really like guests on this show but she was great.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Golden Eye is up!

They have a great run near the end with Gallagher in Midsommar. "I can eat PUBES Mark"

edit: I would never cancel plans to watch a movie with commercials.

Beer_Suitcase fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 7, 2019

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Golden Eye is up!

They have a great run near the end with Gallagher in Midsommar. "I can eat PUBES Mark"

I have to say that I'm about half way through this episode, and it's great so far!

I think my only complaint about WLM is the backwards theme, I just can't stand that weird backwardness of the drums.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I was pretty stoked for this latest ep until 5 minutes in I realized this wasn't about that other lovely (and utterly insane) JCVD movie where he gets thrown in a rip-off of the Village from the Prisoner with Dennis Rodman (that's Double Team)

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Sep 10, 2019

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

AceOfFlames posted:

I was pretty stoked for this latest ep until 5 minutes in I realized this wasn't about that other lovely (and utterly insane) JCVD movie where he gets thrown in a rip-off of the Village from the Prisoner with Dennis Rodman (that's Double Team)

:same:

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

AceOfFlames posted:

Both Tsui Hark JCVD movies (Knock Off and Double Team) are exquisite

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

A callback to their Killer Workout episode? Nice. :hfive:

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The oddest JVCD movie is still probably Cyborg.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Golden Eye is up!

Their Gallagher bits almost ruined my first viewing of Midsommar. As soon as that guy showed up with the mallet, I could hear them in my head. I was happy to hear them finally do a bit mashing them up on the show.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Just listened to their episode on Hot to Trot and it’s way up there among my favorites. A lot of great bits, including Nick Nolte rants and them pondering who ends up in horse-hell or not.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
New Hooked on TJ Hooker! :(

Someone needs to teach this episode's guest how to speak directly into a microphone at all times :(

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Nathan Rabin has a problem with that but I don't think it's that bad. His voice just fades as he finishes a sentence sometimes.

Also, good use of a Trump impression on the lastest Hooked on TJ Hooker. "Kid Rock is about to achieve the Medal of Freedom for Ba-wit-da-ba-bang-bang-bitty-bitty"

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
This guest on the hooker podcast is the worst. Holy gently caress.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The "Update" bit in this Gleep Glossary, was definitely not a good time to try taking a sip of coffee while driving to work this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Gleep Glossary is so good. It’s now my favorite Patreon reward by far.