Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Holy crap they brought Pachislot back Sega why would you do this to me oh poo poo it's a Fist of the North Star prequel one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Come on, give me a Nugget summon that multiplies your financial gain

Also which one is Pachislot, the pachinko games w/ slot reels introduced in 4 or the pure slot machines introduced in 5?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I can't wait to drop all of Ichiban's savings into Million God: Kamigami no Gaisen Another God Hades: Ubowareta ZEUS Ver.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

My Lovely Horse posted:

Come on, give me a Nugget summon that multiplies your financial gain

Also which one is Pachislot, the pachinko games w/ slot reels introduced in 4 or the pure slot machines introduced in 5?

Slot machines, rather than pachinko. Took a quick look at the machine on Google and it seems to be slots w/ buttons on the front.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

booo

Also, DLC Kiryu and Majima summons: practically certain, aren't they?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

it's slots with buttons because that's what's in Dragon Quest

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
There's apparently a minigame where you have to try not to fall asleep during movies.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/luulubuu/status/1171829316977606657?s=19

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
Still no confirmation on karaoke which displeases me greatly.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Did we see Mahjong? I won't buy it otherwise.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
holy poo poo, yak7 keeps sounding more and more incredible by the second.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Gonda Wara is supposed to be he of infant play fame, right? The only substory to disturb my wife so far.q

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I’m almost down with Kiwami 1, when is a good time to start Judgement ?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Given it's Ichiban, I hope this is a reference to Street Kart where you dress up as a video game character and go-kart around Tokyo streets. https://kart.st/

Stelas fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Sep 11, 2019

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
they really, really should have leaked the minigames before they started talking about the turn-based battles.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

fit em all up in there posted:

I’m almost down with Kiwami 1, when is a good time to start Judgement ?

You can do Judgment at any point, it’s completely unrelated to any of the games and takes place in the present day. Runs on the new updated engine that 6 and Kiwami 2 do, if that influences your decision at all.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7yRwSnCAic

4gamer TGS stream for Yakuza 7 with live gameplay. There'll be another stream for Sega's side, too.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

mycot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7yRwSnCAic

4gamer TGS stream for Yakuza 7 with live gameplay. There'll be another stream for Sega's side, too.

This is really fast, wow. I dig it.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
It's around 2 hours in for anyone watching after the fact.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

they really, really should have leaked the minigames before they started talking about the turn-based battles.

I see it as an opposite.

Inital tbc leak had people wary and off-guard, wondering what RGG was going to do. Was it a minigame or the whole thing?

Once they had people interested, they left breadcrumbs. The story trailer. Explaining that it works this way because it is in his head. Then the minigames including motherlovin' DRAGONKART.

If they went backwards, the reveal of the combat system could have left people feeling like they were covering for a lovely system, leaving fans hurt and curious newcomers wary of a tactic of 'hiding the faults' behind a bunch of side content.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcCEUgv7NpA

IT'S TIME

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This dude has friggin jobs and classes to change to

Host, Dancer, among others

hilarious

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh my god that Dancer outfit.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the homeless guy in your party is the dude who played hideaki anno in blue blazes so that's literally all I can think about

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x6FUgFl-KQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rabEooWDC4

https://i.imgur.com/ZL31xnU.gifv

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I dunno if there's that many big story spoilers in that trailer but I have a lot of questions about how one thing in that trailer can be anything but a spoiler??

Also Kaoroke is back

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

The range of minigames looks hilarious.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KARAOKE IS BACK FUCKERS

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Mahjong and shogi confirmed too, nice.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yakuza is too perfect, I am so grateful for it every day :allears:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Holy poo poo pump it straight into my veins.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Sega

the remasters

you cowards

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I'm kinda worried they're just ditching the PC platform altogether now.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Ichiban looks like Eric Andre

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

A good poster posted:

I'm kinda worried they're just ditching the PC platform altogether now.
Take it from me, those games are massive and it takes a significant amount of time to port them. I wouldn't rule out more ports but they'll probably be quietly worked on then announced and released fairly quickly.

Standard disclaimer that I have no insider info on this, but the pre-dragon engine games (the only ones I have hands on experience with) weren't made with the PC or porting of any kind in mind, like frankly most games of their era.

Akuma fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Sep 12, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

At the risk of mild hyperbole, Yakuza 7: Like A Dragon may actually be the greatest videogame ever made in all of recorded history :stare:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Blockhouse posted:

the homeless guy in your party is the dude who played hideaki anno in blue blazes so that's literally all I can think about

Same

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

I like to think that Nugget(!) having the building as an icon means that he's just a real estate tycoon now.

esperantinc fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Sep 12, 2019

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
everyone doubting rgg a week ago looks real foolish now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I just hope there isn't a huge hidden section of Western fans who were only onboard for button mashy tough guy brawling, who abandon the franchise when it's suddenly not that anymore. Turn based gameplay isn't for everyone regardless of how they dress it up.

I want new localised Yakuza every year for the rest of my life.