Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

This is the last bonus video for Pegasus Prime. Even though this isn't spoiling anything in Pegasus Prime, it involves commentary from a character who won't be joining the cast until Buried In Time. This was included as an easter egg, it can accompany the AI's commentary or take over from the AI completely. It was glitchy as hell though as the game crashed constantly, every time I reloaded the game it reset the AI chip to have both commentaries on at the same time. There are a couple of clips where I forgot to switch off the default AI after a reload but it shouldn't detract from anything.

Link: "Alternate AI commentary."

Your link is broken, delete the "video/" part. Also, I'm pretty sure all his commentary is just copied from the other 2 games; I recognize a lot of the lines.

whitehelm fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

whitehelm posted:

Your link is broken, delete the "video/" part. Also, I'm pretty sure all his commentary is just copied from the other 2 games; I recognize a lot of the lines.

I've fixed it now, thank you for pointing it out to me. I did wonder why some of the lines were repeated throughout the playthrough, also in some areas the lines were randomised. I'm tempted to just delete the video, but at the same time, it doesn't hurt to have a video of random Arthur commentary up.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
Let's Play: The Journeyman Project 2: Buried In Time

The first episode of Buried In Time. I'll be posting the second part to this over the weekend along with a companion video, which I will be recording soon. There's a lot of optional information to take in and most of it is reading material. I'll also make a post comprised only with thumbnailed screenshots of the relevant data, I'll try to label things correctly so you can pick and choose what you want to read about.

How is the volume level? There's no way to change the volume in-game, I had to reduce the game volume down to 20% from the taskbar and I feel like it could go down a couple of more notches.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

The volume seemed a bit on the low end for me.
You should probably just make a screenshot post of all the reading material, no need to waste video bits on what's essentially text content.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

oh god, i had almost forgotten about the commercial for Geno. its good to see that crap like that made it to the far future.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
Getting kidnapped by your future self to clear yourself of future crime, as one does.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
All I can think of while watching INN's interactive setup is DO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE?

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Gage! Gage! we gotta go back! TO THE FUTURE!!

...and also the past.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Gage saves all of time yet he still can't afford a haircut.

Also I unironically enjoy the soundtracks for both games so far.

EDIT: I'm hoping this turns into an Ace Attorney sort of thing where Gage defends himself in court using time travel fuckery. I'll probably be disappointed. :v:

PurpleXVI fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Sep 12, 2019

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Here is part two of the apartment exploration. I will work on adjusting the volume levels for the next recording session later.

I think that nielsm was correct in saying about keeping it to screenshots for the news articles. After thinking about it, it did seem a bit silly making a video for a bunch of screenshots that I'll be uploading anyway. I think that I have all the screenshots, there's 134 of them so I better drat well do! After spending my morning taking screenshots and labelling them all into categories, titles and page numbers, imgur decided to randomise them after they uploaded which was very helpful! I think that I have them back in order, I will do a separate post on here with them all grouped and labelled properly later. It's going to take some time to put it together.

News Articles: Imgur Album

Also, here are the transcriptions from the desk:

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Sep 14, 2019

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I must alter history to prove that I would never alter history

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
I already had a vague notion that the second game was a bit wordier but holy poo poo

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
Obnoxious advertisements, freaky biotechnological videophones and no money for the Louvre in this post-scarcity world?

I really start to wonder if this future is worth saving.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Fish Noise posted:

I already had a vague notion that the second game was a bit wordier but holy poo poo

Hah yeah I don't think I ever read through all this material when I played this years ago.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

INN - Agent 5 Trial - Prosecution

Agent 2

Chief Technician, Circuitry Designer, Computer Records & Physical Evidence

INN - Agent 5 Trial - The Defense

INN - Louvre Auction

Financial Difficulties & High Bidder

Codex Antlanticus

Mayan Coffer

Richard I's Sword

"Self-Awareness"

INN - Technology Discussions

Appeal For Denial

Appeal For Dismantling

Appeal For Sharing

Results Of Negotiations

TSA Records

Chronolog Scanners & Deep Time Unit

Distortion Ripples

Jumpsuit & Null-Time Tunnel

Pegasus & Temporal Security Agency

UEM Historical Archives

Château Gaillard

Château Gaillard. Crusades

Eleanor Of Aquitaine, Henry II & John, King Of England

Philip Augustus, Richard I

Chichén Itzá

Chichén Itzá, El Castillo & High Priest's Grave

Itzamná, Kukulcán & Masters Of The Night

Maya, Mictlán, Toltec & Underworld

Da Vinci Studio

Da Vinci, Leonardo, Louvre & Verrochio, del Andrea

Farnstein Labs

Amarax Labs & Biotechnology

Farnstein, Kenneth

Softweb

United Earth Ministries

Crime Intervention Commision, Symbiotry

Cyrollans

Dorlün

Krynn

Lôxôni

Ssar

Unwá

Zâng-Traqar

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Sep 15, 2019

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

But yes a secretive person who purchased artworks at any price, from what just so happens to be the sites of our investigations? It may be related, perhaps even part of the plot.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

nielsm posted:

But yes a secretive person who purchased artworks at any price, from what just so happens to be the sites of our investigations? It may be related, perhaps even part of the plot.

I completely forgot about this, I thought the same thing at the time. Perhaps it's the Gage Blackwood from 2338 trying to mess with our head?

Two more episodes have been recorded. I'll probably work on some more tomorrow.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

That feeling when you realize not only are you still single in 10 years, but you're collecting action figures of yourself.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

4-dimensional wall scrolls

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Fish Noise posted:

can i just repeat this post now that you've put up the next set?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

These days I'd probably marvel at this level of detail but combine it with the movement of these adventure games and I guess that's why you need 2 videos to show the very first room. And maybe its just me but compared to this first game this UI is kinda inelegant.

Hwurmp posted:

I must alter history to prove that I would never alter history

Is it altering history if you're altering history to stop history from being altered so you don't have to go back and alter history?

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

These days I'd probably marvel at this level of detail but combine it with the movement of these adventure games and I guess that's why you need 2 videos to show the very first room. And maybe its just me but compared to this first game this UI is kinda inelegant.

Buried in Time basically front loads almost all the world building in Future Gage's house, so if you really fancy yourself a detective, you could probably take a solid stab at solving the time crime right here. Of course, solving the crime isn't really the primary charm of this game.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

In this episode, Gage visits Farnstein Station and meets a new friend. The next episode should be up in a few days. My last recording session kind of went to poo poo and I've decided to scrap it, I'll have some free time in a couple of days to record some more.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
I love how Arthur's first response to someone who saved his existence is to sass his apartment hardcore every chance he gets.

I mean, not that he's wrong.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

In this episode, we return to complete our objective at Farnstein Station and then we take a trip to Chichén Itzá. The video ends a little abruptly, this is due to my brain having a little meltdown while trying to perform some mental gymnastics. I'll explain it some more in the next update. I recorded the next episode last night, it went a lot smoother but there was a moment of panic while exploring an area which I missed out in the last recording session.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

The Chichen Itza stuff is very educational.

In general it's pretty impressive how much dialogue there is for Arthur.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

PurpleXVI posted:

The Chichen Itza stuff is very educational.

In general it's pretty impressive how much dialogue there is for Arthur.

I've been pretty impressed so far and have enjoyed learning little tidbits from him. I've felt bad as I've cut him off two or three times during recording so far by being a little premature. I've also missed a couple of dialogue options down to blind panic. The next episode is in a new location and his dialogue really ramps up, I'll be uploading it tomorrow.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Nice. Echoing the Chichen Itza stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

The second part of Chichén Itzá and the first part of Château Gaillard. We at least have a few clues of what we need to do when we return to Chichén Itzá, I didn't want to leave without fully exploring it first. Arthur has a lot to say during this episode, we don't walk very far but we certainly hear a lot from our friend.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I won't be surprised if this turns out to be a Bill & Ted -esque adventure to use time travel to pass a history exam.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Oh man I think I had this on some random CD that came with a PC my parents bought way back. I only ever played the original and it creeped me the hell out. I don't think I was smart enough to get very far and remember being stuck on Mars. I guess I didn't realize you had to go collect items from the other time periods to advance.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I kind of wonder if the Journeyman Project was conceived as being partially edutainment or whether it's just a benefit of trying to make it feel authentic.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

If only more edutainment products snarked so heavily at you. :allears:

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Anticheese posted:

If only more edutainment products snarked so heavily at you. :allears:
Looking at the JP3 intro, definitely seeing it in a very different light now that some parts aren't going over my head like back in the day.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

This is the second and final part of Château Gaillard, it's also the first part of the Da Vinci Studios. For those wondering, they really did manage to get a cow up there...

Here are the notes from the throne room:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

This is the second and final part of Château Gaillard, it's also the first part of the Da Vinci Studios. For those wondering, they really did manage to get a cow up there...
I imagine that the secret compartment that has the outline of the key in the armoire is meant to be the place where the key would normally be kept hidden, in addition to being another hint that you will need a key somewhere.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

For those wondering, they really did manage to get a cow up there...

Quoi?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I like that this Journeyman game is a bit milder on the jumping back and forth, like so far it feels like most of the time zones just require visiting one other first, heck, Chateau Guillard we didn't even need to jump back out of after visiting.

Feels a bit more user friendly.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

JMP2 is slightly more friendly with the exploration than JMP1, but it still suffers from traversing into areas with a point of no return. There's no way to climb out of the window in the Château Gaillard keep after you find the clue about the key, granted though that it requires an item from another timeline to create it. There's a similar situation in the Da Vinci Studios, it's entirely feasible to reach the final area, after going through a point of no return, without picking up a required item to unlock it from the starting area.

I want to comment on JMP3 but my memories are very hazy. If I remember correctly you are able to access almost all of the main areas even though some take extra effort to get too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

At least you always have the option to jump to another time and then back to the starting point of the location you went too far in.