Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The AFC South Division Champion of 2019 will be...
This poll is closed.
Houtson 29 31.18%
Indianapolis 25 26.88%
Jacksonville 22 23.66%
Tennessee 17 18.28%
Total: 93 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

fast cars loose anus posted:

I respect the balls but the playcall was indefensible on the Jags' 2pt conversion attempt

Fournette was absolutely short on the 4th down play at midfield so him coming up short on the 2 pt is just poetic justice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Athanatos posted:

I don't think the Titans lost that as much as Brissett just won it. He singlehandedly saved like 3 drives from disaster.

yeah he had like grease on his jersey

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Intruder posted:

Fournette was absolutely short on the 4th down play at midfield so him coming up short on the 2 pt is just poetic justice

Yeah I'm not sure how that spot happened

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

fast cars loose anus posted:

Yeah I'm not sure how that spot happened

The spot happened, and then it was upheld on review, and he wasn't even close

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

pls be ok mr. weed gas mask man

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

On the very last drive, I think it was a mistake to spike on 3rd down instead of running a quick play. Also could have challenged the PI on the last throw since game was over anyway, unless you need a TO to challenge.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Shadow225 posted:

On the very last drive, I think it was a mistake to spike on 3rd down instead of running a quick play. Also could have challenged the PI on the last throw since game was over anyway, unless you need a TO to challenge.

Can't challenge under two minutes and also you do need a TO to challenge

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Athanatos posted:

I don't think the Titans lost that as much as Brissett just won it. He singlehandedly saved like 3 drives from disaster.

Brissett had a great game, but so many missed opportunities existed in a game when Viantieri misses two XPs, from that missed field goal to not running it to... it's aggravating. That felt very winnable. If they had just gone with Henry at four minute mark, they would've won it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

https://twitter.com/KBowen1070/status/1173330235691098112

:smith:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Vinatieri said after last week if he was a GM he would have cut himself.....

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Athanatos posted:

Vinatieri said after last week if he was a GM he would have cut himself.....

My brother has declared him a shook rear end bitch and honestly, I couldn't disagree. Is it possible that shaving the beard has caused this??

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

It's been so long since we have had kicker woes that I honestly don't know if we find another solution immediately or if we let him work it out. Missing 5 kicks in two weeks is not a good Omen though.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/status/1173331125630058496

yikes

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Eltoasto posted:

My brother has declared him a shook rear end bitch and honestly, I couldn't disagree. Is it possible that shaving the beard has caused this??

I dont think he ever recovered from the injury. He's short legging everything.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So he's retiring?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

He gone.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

BoB's job unfortunately saved for another week.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

So he's retiring?

New kicking coach probably. Colt start trading kickers for first round picks for the next two decades.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.

Holy poo poo.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_veK_5NNLBnZJ3C3hMfriP5RUFknu-6G9t_tQVOmkcU/edit?usp=sharing

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

AFC South: Please consult the spreadsheet and you will see th

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I'm thinking he will step down on his own.

For gently caress sakes, he is 46 and had a great career. When you are missing a few PAT though....yikes.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Reminder that the Jags have picked in the top ten 9 years over the last decade, six times in the top 5, and have passed on Mahomes, Watson and Lamar Jackson while doing jack poo poo to improve their o-line. That was a tough
beat today and ballsy for to go for 2 there at the end

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Adam vinateri retire bitch??

I’m happy for jacoby. Wish we had won that game tho

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BiggerBoat posted:

Reminder that the Jags have picked in the top ten 9 years over the last decade, six times in the top 5, and have passed on Mahomes, Watson and Lamar Jackson while doing jack poo poo to improve their o-line. That was a tough
beat today and ballsy for to go for 2 there at the end

hey

hey

joekel looked good when we picked him

:smithicide:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Anyone care to breakdown the Titans/Colts or point me to a good article? I only got to watch probably 15 televised minutes (so like 3 snaps) of the first half.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

tangy yet delightful posted:

Anyone care to breakdown the Titans/Colts or point me to a good article? I only got to watch probably 15 televised minutes (so like 3 snaps) of the first half.

Both defenses got a lot pressure on the passer, both offenses had spurts where they ran well, both kickers missed critical kicks, Jacoby is a slippery son of a bitch. The colts won because they had the 2 big plays in a very tight game. Also some Reid esque time management by vrabel at the end. Titans still suck on 3rd down.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

So Jaguars only 1 game out of first place then. They really should have won that game today. Ramsey dropped an easy pick 6 and there were a ton of questionable penalties on Jax at critical moments.

Also, I hate to say it but, man, JJ Watt looks like he's done.

tangy yet delightful posted:

Dude, I really hate to be "that guy" but do you honestly not have the internet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBR_Nvfh3WM

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Sep 16, 2019

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
I've been impressed with Brissett. He's not Luck but he's making throws and the one pick was just some good defense. I do love Reich though. He's the anti-Pagano when it comes to ballsy plays. Yes, 4th and Inches on your own side of the field while only being up 2 is probably a bad idea but hell, why not? If you can't get two inches, you don't deserve to win.

Poor Vinny though. He's cooked. I mean, the wheels just fell off.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

Dude, I really hate to be "that guy" but do you honestly not have the internet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBR_Nvfh3WM

Highlights don't tell the narrative always though. We're all in this together.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Metapod posted:

Both defenses got a lot pressure on the passer, both offenses had spurts where they ran well, both kickers missed critical kicks, Jacoby is a slippery son of a bitch. The colts won because they had the 2 big plays in a very tight game. Also some Reid esque time management by vrabel at the end. Titans still suck on 3rd down.

Thanks.

Probably Magic posted:

Yeah basically this but I appreciate the highlights link as I'll still watch it :)

Today just ended up being crazy busy for me more than I anticipated and I trust goon takes over just googling.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

True.

The Titans' field caught on fire btw so that's a narrative

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Apparently the Colts are trying to talk Vinatieri into not retiring.

Just let him go dudes...if he couldn't get right over an offseason, it's not happening during the season when everybody's talking about how he's potentially costing them games.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I guarantee you any attempts to keep him from retiring aren't sincere and meant to let him save some face

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Intruder posted:

I guarantee you any attempts to keep him from retiring aren't sincere and meant to let him save some face

If it were any owner other than Jim Irsay I might agree.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
He's old, he'll get over it.

But non-joking, he's 1 for 5 on Extra Points and 1 for 3 on FG. There is no way any Free Agent is worse then that. The Colts are not blowing teams away, they need those points. I'd love a victory lap season out of Vinatieri, but it's time.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

My guess is they're trying to get him to go on IR, find a replacement, let him get fully healthy and see how he feels.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Honestly I'm excited for the colts titans AFC championship game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Metapod posted:

Honestly I'm excited for the colts titans AFC championship game

Next 2 Titans/Colts games this season are going to be great. They match up so well vs each other. The entire thing came down to 1 or 2 key plays.