Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Hmmm Is this the wrong thread? I am unsure how I feel about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I'd say the execution leaves something to be desired. The text in particular looks not-good.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Also who is going to give a poo poo about White Claw in six months to a year. It's pickle Rick all over again.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kwyndig posted:

Also who is going to give a poo poo about White Claw in six months to a year. It's pickle Rick all over again.

That's the main problem yeah. Like yeah it got a chuckle out of me, but if you showed it to me in 2 years I'd have a hard time remembering what the hell it is

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

Mike's hard lemonade still is around apparently. That was huge when I was like 18 and illegal drinking, and I've been legal drinking for over a decade and a half.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Kwyndig posted:

It's nasty too, give me a Mike's or a Smirnoff smash if I'm drinking fruity gas station stuff, those are at least strong. My friend likes them, I have no idea why

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

There’s a dive bar downtown that lost its toilet tank lid. They replaced it with a portion of a White Claw box.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

White Claw or similar probably won't go anywhere, but popularity may wane. It's low carb, so people dieting like it, and since it's a fermented beverage, it avoids a bunch of taxes that distilled drinks get hit with.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I'll never understand "low calorie" alcoholic drinks. That means they're less alcoholic; the calories come from the booze itself :negative:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Endless Mike posted:

White Claw or similar probably won't go anywhere, but popularity may wane. It's low carb, so people dieting like it, and since it's a fermented beverage, it avoids a bunch of taxes that distilled drinks get hit with.

Yeah, if anything the boom will fade, but it'll still be around like Mike's Hard Lemonade :barf:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Johnny Truant posted:

I'll never understand "low calorie" alcoholic drinks. That means they're less alcoholic; the calories come from the booze itself :negative:
This is technically true, but not everyone is trying to hammered as efficiently as possible, and if you're dieting, you're eating lower quantities of food, so you'll absorb the alcohol faster, anyway. It's not like people won't spend all day drinking low-ABV light beers or session ales. Never mind that by removing the other stuff in the drink, you can have a higher alcohol content at a similar amount of calories.

To give a comparison: a Bud Lite is 4.3% alcohol and 110 calories, while a White Claw is 5% and 100 and is arguably better tasting.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Endless Mike posted:

This is technically true, but not everyone is trying to hammered as efficiently as possible, and if you're dieting, you're eating lower quantities of food, so you'll absorb the alcohol faster, anyway. It's not like people won't spend all day drinking low-ABV light beers or session ales. Never mind that by removing the other stuff in the drink, you can have a higher alcohol content at a similar amount of calories.

To give a comparison: a Bud Lite is 4.3% alcohol and 110 calories, while a White Claw is 5% and 100 and is arguably better tasting.

Yeah, but then a regular soft drink like Coke or Dr Pepper is 140-150 per can and a diet soda is 0. Especially for someone with a high alcohol tolerance like myself, I'd have to drink enough of these low-alcohol cans to actually get drunk that I wouldn't be saving calories compared to going completely non-alcoholic.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, but then a regular soft drink like Coke or Dr Pepper is 140-150 per can and a diet soda is 0. Especially for someone with a high alcohol tolerance like myself, I'd have to drink enough of these low-alcohol cans to actually get drunk that I wouldn't be saving calories compared to going completely non-alcoholic.

Did you even read the first sentence of the post you quoted? Also this is not at all tattoos.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Now see, this is smart. If more people did this it would greatly reduce embarrassing dimensional doppelgänger issues.

E:Oh I thought this was a spider verse thing not a R&M thing. Oh well.

Doctor Zero has a new favorite as of 15:27 on Sep 16, 2019

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

silvergoose posted:

Did you even read the first sentence of the post you quoted? Also this is not at all tattoos.

If you're not trying to get drunk, why bother drinking the alcoholic version at all? I can't get drunk off two Bud Lights or White Claws, so drinking them ends up being pointless because neither taste good enough to justify it. Also you can't try to get a rebuttal in and then say not to talk about it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

Cool, not everyone is you.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

chitoryu12 posted:

If you're not trying to get drunk, why bother drinking the alcoholic version at all? I can't get drunk off two Bud Lights or White Claws, so drinking them ends up being pointless because neither taste good enough to justify it. Also you can't try to get a rebuttal in and then say not to talk about it.

Sure I can! But fine I'll add my thoughts.

People drink barely alcoholic things because the bit of booze is a different taste than non alch and that's sometimes nice. White claw tastes fine to me and sometimes I don't want a full beer, or the fridge at work is full of IPAs and sugar soda.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

This conversation is meaningless - there are products you dont want because capitalism demands it

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Jesus I'd never even heard of White Claw until I saw that tattoo in this thread and now suddenly I see it everywhere

Why does everything have to be a lifestyle, it's just a loving drink

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Jesus I'd never even heard of White Claw until I saw that tattoo in this thread and now suddenly I see it everywhere

babbies need to fit in with people who actually like alcohol.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Rotten Red Rod posted:

People of really loving shallow

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Good marketing that makes people think its popularity is actually organic, when in reality it was planned to every minute detail.

Someone left some in my fridge a few months ago before the 'popularity', and its just a regular rear end drink that has nothing special about it whatsoever. Yet every MC at a hiphop event I was at the other week couldn't help but rap about it on the mic.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

alcohol culture lmao

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
My friend got a Friday the Thirteenth tattoo

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Onus is on you to get a matching Garth now. Party on.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

Onus is on you to get a matching Garth now. Party on.
Yeah you're on the hook now

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
White Claw came out 2 years ago, and nobody gave a poo poo.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Do matching tattoos curse friendships or only couples??

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I sure hope not, considering I have two bro-tats with someone.

Kleptocracy
Feb 18, 2011

FABRICATI DIEM PVNC

Mmm those lines.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Kleptocracy posted:

Mmm those lines.

Those feet :discourse:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Kleptocracy posted:

Mmm those lines.

looks like a quilt made by a demented gran.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Rob Liefeld would be proud

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

whypick1 posted:

Rob Liefeld would be proud

It’s already better because they actually exist and aren’t hidden behind a strategically placed box of Froot Loops.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Kleptocracy posted:

Mmm those lines.

...mordecai?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
You guys get that it's supposed to be cubist in style, right? I mean it's not super awesome but it's not bad.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Croatoan posted:

You guys get that it's supposed to be cubist in style, right? I mean it's not super awesome but it's not bad.

It's actually insanely loving bad

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Cubist doesn't mean just taking a normal rear end outline and filling it in with triangles :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

LifeSunDeath posted:

looks like a quilt made by a demented gran.

It really does look like a poorly made paper-pieced quilt block.

Here is a well made one.