Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Speaking of Lohner I wish he had more than two voice lines he shouts over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
How would you know you're not fighting Altdorf nobles otherwise?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
KATRIN!?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I don't mind the "Bit of rain again.." and ones like that much even if I've heard em a billion times, at least those are kind of thematic still and he's grumbling mostly, it's yeah, all the drat art update ones.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That's right take your time, not like the Reikland's burning or anything.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I'LL FIND YOU SOME MORE.

Monglo
Mar 19, 2015
Guys I'm new to the game. Do I kill the rats?

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Befriend the rat

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Monglo posted:

:yeah:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

ChaseSP posted:

Befriendhead the rat

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Monglo posted:

you get the bad ending if you do that

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Monglo posted:

Seduce the rats. Play V2 as a dating sim.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Pick the Elf every game, be sure to avoid melee at all costs.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Rat Ogres are just big, misunderstood boys that want you to ease their pain.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Meridian posted:

Pick the Elf every game, be sure to avoid melee at all costs.

Also go really far ahead and then lead your new Ratfriends to your allies. Explain they shouldn’t fight but embrace your new furry pals. Fingers crossed the elf keeps mocking the lumberfoots.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Stack as much movespeed as you can. It's the most important stat.

Make sure to rapidfire your swiftbow into your brave allies holding the line for you, they'll be so appreciative of your kill count they won't care about all the arrowheads in their skulls.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Mendrian posted:

Stack as much movespeed as you can. It's the most important stat.

Make sure to rapidfire your swiftbow into your brave allies holding the line for you, they'll be so appreciative of your kill count they won't care about all the arrowheads in their skulls.

Firing a Hagbane directly into your clumped allies to help with a horde is also a top tier play.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Meridian posted:

Firing a Hagbane directly into your clumped allies to help with a horde is also a top tier play.

Most players find the friendly fire voicelines really amusing. It's important to help everybody have a chuckle if they're stressed out.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Anyone up for some Legend runs tonight?

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Any tips for the second weapon when playing Bardin as slayer?

I am really enjoying slayer (on vet), with the right talents and dual axes you can demolish enemies via melee like there is no tomorrow.

However, I have not found any real use for the second weapon. I kind of miss ranged weapons; especially when you see a special in the distance.

Funny thing, before I unlocked slayer, Bardin was my least favourite class, but I am really enjoying him now.

skeletors_condom fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Sep 18, 2019

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

skeletors_condom posted:

Any tips for the second weapon when playing Bardin as slayer?

I am really enjoying slayer (on vet), with the right talents and dual axes you can demolish enemies via melee like there is no tomorrow.

However, I have not found any real use for the second weapon. I kind of miss ranged weapons; especially when you see a special in the distance.

Funny thing, before I unlocked slayer, Bardin was my least favourite class, but I am really enjoy him now.

Throwing axe is the true and cool and good answer.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I run dual hammers with 1h axe to deal with armor and monsters on slayer.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
I think throwing axes on ranger Bardin are great, you get 5 of them, with the boost to ranged damage on ult he can get some beefy damage in, and you don't need ammo so you can take the skill that has a chance for bombs/potion to drop from specials. You end up running around the map throwing axes, chucking bombs and necking potions like there's no tomorrow.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Dual axes used to be a lot better, but they nerfed the push-attack if I remember right. It's still drat fine.

I'd recommend 2h axe, but the rhythm on it has been feeling off to me since they made all the boys feel more beefy. I can't wade in like I used to. It does still stagger pretty much anything short of a boss, monster, or a chaos warrior in mid-overhead swing with its charge attack.

2h hammer is always good for flinging all the hordes around forever.

I can't speak for any DLC weapons, but I see a lot of good being done with dual hammers.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
throwing axe if you have the dlc, the utility is fantastic

if not, take a pairing talent and use one horde clearer and one anti-armor dps

ie. 2h axe + 2h hammer/pickaxe, 1h hammer (or dual hammer if dlc) + 1h axe/dual axe

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Thx for the tips.

It's too bad the throwing axes seem to be limited to the latest DLC. I only have the first two.

I might get the latest DLC when I feel I've leveled up sufficiently. All my characters are in the 15-20 range and I still need to unlock the recruit achievements (although I generally play on veteran, even though it's starting to become easy).

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

skeletors_condom posted:

Thx for the tips.

It's too bad the throwing axes seem to be limited to the latest DLC. I only have the first two.

I might get the latest DLC when I feel I've leveled up sufficiently. All my characters are in the 15-20 range and I still need to unlock the recruit achievements (although I generally play on veteran, even though it's starting to become easy).

Completing a challenge at a given difficulty should complete it at all lesser difficulties automatically.

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Mendrian posted:

Completing a challenge at a given difficulty should complete it at all lesser difficulties automatically.

:doh: Wait, so the cosmetic bonuses for completing all maps on recruit (per class) automatically kick in when you complete all of them on veteran?

I thought the devs added this mechanic to incentivize higher level players to still occasionally play on lower difficulties.

skeletors_condom fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Sep 19, 2019

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

skeletors_condom posted:

:doh: Wait, so the cosmetic bonuses for completing all maps on recruit (per class) automatically kick in when you complete all of them veteran?

I thought the devs added this mechanic to incentivize higher level players to still occasionally play on lower difficulties.

Nah, unless something's changed when I wasn't looking (always possible) if you complete something on Legend you get everything for that same challenge below that difficulty.

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Any tips on playing Ranger Veteran on vet (lvl 16)? The shotgun seems to be underpowered and I am not enjoying the two handed ax, it seems to slow. Is two handed hammer the way to go? What about for secondary/ranged?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Shotgun is actually really good with Ranger Bardin's survivalist ammo. He's a support hero who should be dropping smoke bombs and hopping around the edge of a fight blowing away clumps of trash mobs with the shotty.

Crossbow and Handgun are always fine, but Ranger dwarf gets the most out of the grudgeraker.

I'd recommend the one handed hammer or dual hammers as your melee weapon. The one handed hammer works like Kruber's mace, so it's really easy to score headshots with its charged attack.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

skeletors_condom posted:

Any tips on playing Ranger Veteran on vet (lvl 16)? The shotgun seems to be underpowered and I am not enjoying the two handed ax, it seems to slow. Is two handed hammer the way to go? What about for secondary/ranged?

the shotgun should be slaughtering tbh; i suppose your power rating might be too low for it to really shine, in which case the crossbow/handgun are probably better for dealing with specials/armor

2h axe isnt faring well with the mass changes; 2h hammer will get you better results for knocking poo poo over but as a ranger you'll be in a lot more trouble if you mess up your rhythm and whiff. have you tried dual hammer (dlc)/1h hammer? not as killy but a lot more forgiving in terms of dodges and stamina

btw, take the talent that lets you do more damage to staggered enemies, the middle one. from my testing it does better results than the rest

1h hammer/shotty imo, but if the shotty's not killing enough, switch to crossbow and play more defensively. skirt around the edges of a mob, and be sure to quickswitch/fire at elites with your crossbow/handgun even when in a scrum

King Keltair
Jul 16, 2001

If I haven't played since boogerheifer, have there been any major gameplay changes? And are the two new DLCs worth it? It looks like Ubersreik is loved, and Winds of Magic is ... not.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

King Keltair posted:

If I haven't played since boogerheifer, have there been any major gameplay changes? And are the two new DLCs worth it? It looks like Ubersreik is loved, and Winds of Magic is ... not.

I don't mind changes to combat, but game is hosed right now. Spawns are bugged out really bad so enemies will spawn directly behind you during their (silent) attack animation.

Beast men aren't tuned very well and are chunkier than they should be.

New map sucks, new weapons are cool. Winds of Magic is a cool idea, but completely separate from the normal game and is having its matchmaking reworked. Will check it out when that drops.

Essentially they really changed up combat while duct taping on a game mode no one wanted and reintroducing some extremely frustrating and fun killing bugs.

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

King Keltair posted:

I've a relative noob to Vermintide 2, but I would recommend the Ubersreik DLC. The maps are fun.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

skeletors_condom posted:

I've a relative noob to Vermintide 2, but I would recommend the Ubersreik DLC. The maps are fun.

Until you’ve knocked an entire chaos patrol off the rooftop bridge in Horn of Magnus with a bomb you haven’t truly lived.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

skeletors_condom posted:

It's a drat shame Wizard's tower didnt make it in that DLC. Still by far one of my favorite maps.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
They should have just remade all the ubersreik maps instead of the shittenhofen, dark poo poo and winds of poo poo ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The Boglinhaven maps are neat.