Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I don't really understand how it's political. We get a cutaway to a non-joke with a very melted Trump every once in a while but what about everything else? idgi

This came up in Other Thread and was part of the reasoning for the ban

but a peek into the fantasy life of the most far-gone chud ever born is implicitly political IMO even if he only does a politician caricature about once every two weeks

Mr. Dick posted:

Mr. Dick looked. Horsey doesn't draw buildings.

I know exactly where in Seattle this is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

big'un today

Boris Johnson called himself the Incredible Hulk at some point btw so

:cripes:

Biden polling inexplicably high with old people is the only thing keeping him from collapsing AGC

Conservatives hate swearing more than they hate the actual content of whatever you're saying

Stonetoss making a pretty hard play for conservative Facebook with this one

Latuff owns

I don't understand this Australian cartoon and neither do you but it's a Simpsons reference so clap like a trained seal

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

loquacius posted:

kelly_america_when_we_dont_talk_about_race.jpg

literally the opposite of reality

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

god imagine how much further along medical science would be if stem cell research wasn't yet another thing obama backed down on

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i am amused by the absurdity of a baby assassin taking the baby hes planning to kill with him everywhere in a stroller to use as a prop

quote:

delonas is better than he has any right to be because his hideous art style is a perfect mirror for hell world

quote:

is this the same obama clean water cooler filled with lead that obama insisted was totally cool to drink

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

im the old man who just wants to die but im getting pushed around by a weird elephant man

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

One of my favorite genres of toons is where the cartoonist has thought up some play on words but absolutely cannot be assed to actually set up a joke around it

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Anyone have the Skeleton Frat Party edit?

"Open the Bud gates!"

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Lmbo @ the day by day drawing of a building with the building name completely blurred like you're looking at it on lsd

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

loquacius posted:

I don't understand this Australian cartoon and neither do you but it's a Simpsons reference so clap like a trained seal

ScoMo is Scott Morrison, current Australian PM and a man so in love with coal he once brought a big lump of it into parliament for show and tell.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

WampaLord posted:

Anyone have the Skeleton Frat Party edit?

"Open the Bud gates!"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Al! posted:

god imagine how much further along medical science would be if stem cell funding any kind of research wasn't yet another thing obama backed down on

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

goon bless

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Does this count as a political cartoon?

Milo Yiannopoulos's fursona artwork

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Omicron Sigma Tau is a great touch I never noticed before

personally can’t wait to pledge

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

surprisingly topical given the latest kavanaugh reveals

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Egbert Souse posted:

no gently caress milo

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Some Guy TT posted:

:agreed:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Some Guy TT posted:

WHat did he drunkenly rape someone again?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

WHat did he drunkenly rape someone again?

There's newly corroborated testimony that he'd shove his dick into girls' hands at frat parties.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i like how the actual kavanagh cartoons that were just posted werent enough to clue you in because they were stupidly vague about why kavanagh is in the news again at all

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

since the act described is so filthy, delonas is the only one that would not draw a euphemism

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

gotta watch out for all the kids reading political cartoons

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Sir Tonk posted:

literally the opposite of reality

If you look at it from the point of a straight white cis male who wants too go back to the time when minorities knew their place, it makes more sense.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

gotta watch out for all the kids reading political cartoons

I was a kid who read political cartoons, I'd even ask my grandfather to send me his copies of this awful conservative paper filled with them.

And now look at me, I'm posting on the commie subforum of a dead gay humor website.

E: VVV :hfive:

foobardog has issued a correction as of 06:34 on Sep 18, 2019

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i did that too even though i never understood them

that was a crazy time in my childhood discovering that the giant stacks of old newspapers next to my dads front door were filled with cartoons

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Egbert Souse posted:

how could he afford this

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

i like how the actual kavanagh cartoons that were just posted werent enough to clue you in because they were stupidly vague about why kavanagh is in the news again at all

speaking of:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

I thought findom was what that dolphin did to Hank Hill

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I guarantee you this one's getting posted to conservative facebook groups unironically.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

The art is lovely, but somehow this rall is not full of poo poo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ikanreed posted:

The art is lovely, but somehow this rall is not full of poo poo

The art is lovely enough that I actually thought he hosed up the last panel by making the guy a claims adjuster right up until I was about to click POST (didn't realize the first speech bubble was coming from the phone)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1174324383768354816

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

had to look at this for several seconds before finally figuring out that it said slimes and not shines

quote:

the second panel is almost good enough to be an avatar

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

loquacius posted:

how could he afford this

Furry art is really cheap especially considering professional art prices for a few reasons. There's definitely a glut of artists, because it's a low barrier to entry and people will be supportive of even bad art of it hits their kinks (and just because it's not worth being an rear end in a top hat if artists are legitimately trying to get better).

There's also a history of low prices because most buyers just use the art as an avatar and nothing else, so artists don't expect their art to show up in a commercial product unless they do it themselves. (If you want to use it for commercial let your artist know and loving pay them!)

Plus there's just a general undervaluing going on where artists don't consider their work professional and basically are working for mere dollars an hour.

And on top of that furries love spreading the madness around, and will often give you art for free if they think you're cool and vaguely mention about wanting a fursona (for example, HBomberguy has a fursona). I'm pretty sure this is how Milo got his art because while they're the vast minority of the fandom, there's conservatives and shitheads and outright Nazis who like furries. The rest generally try to exclude them, but you can't stop them from existing.

It'd be an interesting thing to study economically and sociologically because unlike other fandoms, there's no central, official "original piece" the fandom is organized around.

Sorry for effort posting on this, I'm gay and dumb.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

foobardog posted:

Sorry for effort posting on this, I'm gay and dumb.

It's ok, I mostly wanted to make fun of Milo for complaining very recently about being broke after his deplatforming but I can absolutely understand the urge to infodump wherever possible

Anyway, toons

god these people are so loving mad about light bulbs

If you know how this election ended this is especially funny

what the gently caress does Kirschen think water looks like exactly

He draws the "enemy" weapons as happy little monsters too I guess

(Bibi lost but just barely)
It says a lot about Israeli politics that Kirschen calls the factions "pro-Bibi and anti-Bibi forces" and he's actually kind of right
I'm trying to say that the Israeli left sucks and is basically apartheid with a smiley face on it. Last time it lost big; it changed nothing, just barely won, and I'm sure we're going to hear about how centrism is the only thing that can stop fascism all over the world etc etc like we did when Macron just barely won

brb gonna get this printed on a T-shirt and wear it to the boardwalk
(lol that he thinks the problem with knockoff vape cartridges is that there's THC in them, reefer madness)

oh no the unwashed hordes are coming and I can't even cuddle my gun :ohdear:

Bernie and Warren are competing to give the average US taxpayer a huge handjob with their social policies AGC

Payne came drawing this

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

what on earth

british people are loving disturbed

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Flavius Aetass posted:

what on earth

british people are loving disturbed

It's a reference to an installation in some London art museum -- a lot of UK national news is indistinguishable from London local news.

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2019/sep/16/antony-gormley-review-royal-academy-bomb

(I made a conscious decision to post it with no context)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A year or two ago there were a shocking number of brittoons about how Heathrow was deciding whether to put in another runway. This was national news. People in Edinburgh were seeing news stories about this, and, presumably, caring about it.

I cannot imagine anyone in, say, LA caring about the number of runways in JFK, or DCA