Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

what's the 100% way of getting the beta early? I know preorder but I've heard issues about preordering from amazon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Nope! Humble Bundle and HOLD OFF because they just announced the bundle with RTX cards so the game will be get keys sold on eBay and poo poo for $25 I bet. Stay tuned on that. I posted in discord but here’s the link too: https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-is-bundling-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-with-its-geforce-rtx-gpus/

Nvidia has started forcing you to redeem games through gforce experience and they won't work unless you have the correct type of card. E.g. you'll already need to have an rtx.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hackan Slash posted:

Nvidia has started forcing you to redeem games through gforce experience and they won't work unless you have the correct type of card. E.g. you'll already need to have an rtx.

We have trustworthy goons who do this for us. We did it like 50 times for Division 2. All good

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is it possible to have voice chat between PS4 and Xbox?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

RCarr posted:

Is it possible to have voice chat between PS4 and Xbox?
Yes, if you use in-game chat.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

We’ll do a google doc for everybody to link up with each other too on discord and poo poo. List your names out and platform and all that jazz.

I know my friends back home are pumped because some of us moved to PC and some stayed on Xbox so we finally get to play together again.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what game modes are going to be in the beta

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Last week was TDM, Dom, and HQ as mainstays with random modes cycled in and out daily. Next beta looks like it will likely have the Battlefield ripoff mode included in some capacity but I don't think it's confirmed.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I tried to go back to BLOPS 4 after the beta and I can't even do it. Just feels like total rear end by comparison. I'll still probably play Blackout some, but I just totally lost interest in the multi and I was sort of on a kick before the beta. Not that BLOPS gameplay is even bad I just prefer MW to such a ridiculous degree it completely soured me on it and I never want to touch it again I think.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

veni veni veni posted:

I tried to go back to BLOPS 4 after the beta and I can't even do it. Just feels like total rear end by comparison. I'll still probably play Blackout some, but I just totally lost interest in the multi and I was sort of on a kick before the beta. Not that BLOPS gameplay is even bad I just prefer MW to such a ridiculous degree it completely soured me on it and I never want to touch it again I think.

I haven't played Modern Warfare because I'm an Xbox poor, but BlOps 4 has been pissing me off lately with the high TTK. I'm emptying magazines at 3 enemies and they turn round and gangrape me. Hopefully in MW I'd be able to kill them all before they know what's happening.

Is this game anything liked Ghosts? I hated that game.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:ducksiren: Call of Duty Big Beards and Betas FAQ: :ducksiren:

Two days remain.

The beta draws near for ALL to play. PS4 had theirs last week and it got a lot of praise. Hell, a lot more than Blops 4 got. This is the 69th iteration of Call of Duty to drop since 1992 so we are approaching an incredible milestone. Wow. Just wow.

As a gamer who doesn’t play video games, it’s important I share you up the knowledge I have gained as a guy who doesn’t game. Behold! The gospel of this beta:

When is the beta?

September 20th. 6PM PT. You will be able to preload. It’s not up yet. One day, it will be. Trust me.

It’s for all platforms. It’s free.

Should I play?

I’m not going to do the typical basic gamer answer of “you may like it you may not like it maybe and maybe not!”

Yes. You should. It’s free. It’s a blockbuster release. There’s gonna be a lot of goons playing. And you should try it so you can speak to if it’s a game you want or not.

So yes. Play the game about war. War is heck man.

But it’s gonna be $60...that’s like, the cost diapers and breakfast and gas and poo poo*

*i don’t mean combined. I mean individually. Diapers are $60. Breakfast is $60. Gas is 60. Yeah, poo poo is 60 too.

You and I both know you should think 5x over about spending $60 on a video game nowadays. Blops 4 was $40 one month after launch. Thank you Black Friday. GMG sold it before launch for $40.19 with codes. This game is about moving volume. It’s Activision. Do NOT drop $60. Unless you’re rich or got money to blow. Write Birdman or something and ask him to buy it for you. Let it ride.

Also, I’m gonna find two codes from Nvidia for $25 like I do with every Nvidia bundle and give them away on discord. I like helping people and doing good deeds because I work in a volatile industry and have SEEN SOME poo poo in my life. Helping goons, the best community, is fun.

TLDR: don’t spend $60 unless you got money to blow and/or have been saving all year for this moment.

yes but the community is gonna die in a month as always

If this didn’t have crossplay, and still had season passes you had to buy that segmented the community I would say you’re still wrong. Because it would be dead in 2 weeks actually.

This one’s gonna last. My friends I grew up with in the great state of Kentucky who play on Xbox are going to be able to play with me, a PC player. I used to double dip on the cod (fish) games but now I don’t. That’s pretty cool.

Also, if you can’t find people to play with, it’s on you. This thread, use it. The discord, use it. You got probably about 500 goons lurking this thread daily. The discord is 3500 ALL goons who are going to hear about this game (and all the others we play and talk about). Between the two places (and many other goon spots you’re going to find others playing in), you can be as solo or as immersive as you want. Make some friends. Friends are pretty decent. Discord link: https://discord.gg/kV2HaFf

Thread link: You’re in it. Turn on your monitor.

Any last words?

Throw some takes in here. Mix and mingle here. Pop in discord. Don’t be lovely to newbies who will be returning to the series. If I hear about it, I’m gonna snitch. I’m gonna tell on you. Suck on that poo poo player!!!

But real talk, can we get on with this beta already and see how this thing is? It’s shaping up to be pretty cool and good. I know a lot of goons who are wanting to return to the series after a long hiatus because of what they’ve seen and heard.

Download the beta this week. Lets try to have a good time.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The NVIDIA codes don’t work unless you have an RTX card :negative:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The NVIDIA codes don’t work unless you have an RTX card :negative:

We do workarounds for these things. I wouldn’t worry about that :)

One of my super close goon pals here is going to help with that. We have done it with a lot of games. Goons gonna help goons.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Preload is up in 4 1/2 hours for PC. I got an email about it. They must have gotten the approval from Mr. Internet himself.

Gonna assume it’ll be up for consoles too.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I haven't played Modern Warfare because I'm an Xbox poor, but BlOps 4 has been pissing me off lately with the high TTK. I'm emptying magazines at 3 enemies and they turn round and gangrape me. Hopefully in MW I'd be able to kill them all before they know what's happening.

Is this game anything liked Ghosts? I hated that game.

The TTK in MW is like half of what BLOPs is. People drop much quicker.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
The guns sound better and kill quicker.

DaddyBigBucks
Sep 28, 2003

How are the shotguns so far? Hoping more BO/MW2 less WW2.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

And if you need better handling, just lean on a wall or ledge. Trust me.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Preload is LIVE!!!!

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Any word on shared progression across systems for the full game?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Not getting it is probably a non issue for anyone itt, but if you play the beta and get to at least lvl 10 you get an exclusive gun in the final game. https://www.gamespot.com/articles/free-shotgun-available-for-call-of-duty-modern-war/1100-6469930/

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Adaptabullshit posted:

Any word on shared progression across systems for the full game?

I’m hoping there is because of the needed Activision/COD account but they haven’t indicated if that’s the case.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Every game since at least Black Ops 1/CoD Elite has had the ability to send your progression back to Activision. Remember during BLOPS 4 they had that "lifetime summary of your stats" webpage that would make a video after scraping your progress across like, half a dozen CoD games?

So I don't expect account progression across multiple platforms to be an issue *knocks on wood*.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
I just gave Lowtax 8 bux for his robot spine and all I got was another horrible username.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
https://i.imgur.com/aoIVOFE.gifv

A cool moment I forgot to post from last weekend.

good game close almost a tie

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

TheGoonspiracist posted:

I just gave Lowtax 8 bux for his robot spine and all I got was another horrible username.

I appreciate your dedication. I can't be bothered to remember who everyone is on PS4 and their separate name on SA.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i pre-ordered

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

DaddyBigBucks posted:

How are the shotguns so far? Hoping more BO/MW2 less WW2.

They're mean. The pump shotgun reminds me of the MW2 SPAS.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Capn Beeb posted:

They're mean. The pump shotgun reminds me of the MW2 SPAS.

Not at first. It wasn't until I really leveled up the pump that it started feeling good. But once I finally got it kitted out, oh man. It kicks rear end.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Do I need to re download the beta on ps4 for this weekend or should it auto update?

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

eonwe posted:

i pre-ordered

i thought we weren't supposed to do that

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

BlindSite posted:

Do I need to re download the beta on ps4 for this weekend or should it auto update?

It auto-updates.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

drkeiscool posted:

i thought we weren't supposed to do that

probs not and yet i did

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sometimes, you gotta break the rules. It feels good to be bad and you gotta be a bad boy baybay!!!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Somebody earlier asked if the game has “cross-save” for launch so they can play on either platform and continue their progress. The answer is no.

They did say they are looking into it though.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Who's getting hyped today? 20 minutes to beta launch for preorders right?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Who's getting hyped today? 20 minutes to beta launch for preorders right?

I'm hyped up to the eyeballs. I'm getting married this weekend so will hardly get any playtime.

Came on to post about this:

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1173997701563916288

Not sure if it was already posted about but all platforms get new MP maps day one, they're not timed exclusives on PS4.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Let’s do this.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Watching some streamers on my lunch break, game looks fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Forgot to play last beta but just tried this one. Controls are tighter and no hyper jumping bullshit. Feels way better than BLOPS4 and which wasn’t that bad but nowhere as good as this.

Also I’m playing on PS4 but am shown as my Activision name instead of my PSN. If I double dip and also get it on PC later will all my unlocks carry over like Destiny?

jabro fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Sep 19, 2019