Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Warner Archive October slate:

The Fearless Vampire Killers
Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (1973) - new 4K master + two commentaries
From Beyond the Grave
Mr. Nice Guy (extended original cut + US cut) - new 4K master
Days of Wine and Roses (1962)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Egbert Souse posted:

From Beyond the Grave

I might upgrade this one, it’s a pretty decent Amicus horror anthology and I’m a sucker for anything with Peter Cushing. Donald Pleasance too.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
The pre-order for Tammy and the T-Rex as well as the other secret releases goes live on Vinegar Syndrome tonight at 12:01.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Egbert Souse posted:

Warner Archive October slate:

The Fearless Vampire Killers
Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (1973) - new 4K master + two commentaries
From Beyond the Grave
Mr. Nice Guy (extended original cut + US cut) - new 4K master
Days of Wine and Roses (1962)

Mr. Nice Guy and the original cut.

This is a banner year for Jackie Chan home video releases.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Has there ever been a Vinegar Syndrome limited slip cover thing where the movie itself ended up also being limited?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

CPL593H posted:

Has there ever been a Vinegar Syndrome limited slip cover thing where the movie itself ended up also being limited?

Yes, not sure how how often they do it though. The only one I have is Deadly Daphne's Revenge.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CPL593H posted:

Yeah, although it doesn't seem to happen often. Their Vinegar Syndrome Archive line, is apparently going to be that way though.

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
I ended up ordering the whole VS Black Friday package which I have never done before. At least I can add sale titles onto my order and not pay shipping!

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Cemetry Gator posted:

Mr. Nice Guy and the original cut.

This is a banner year for Jackie Chan home video releases.

*slams knife and fork on table* I want Wheels on Meals and a good transfer of Drunken Master 2 and I don't have a region-free player

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

gey muckle mowser posted:

Yes, not sure how how often they do it though. The only one I have is Deadly Daphne's Revenge.

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, although it doesn't seem to happen often. Their Vinegar Syndrome Archive line, is apparently going to be that way though.

I'm just wondering if I need to get Tammy and the T-Rex now because I'd rather not spend the money at this moment, but that really seems like one they'll keep in circulation considering the big deal they've made out of it. It'd be nice if they could just say which ones will be available later.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

CPL593H posted:

I'm just wondering if I need to get Tammy and the T-Rex now because I'd rather not spend the money at this moment, but that really seems like one they'll keep in circulation considering the big deal they've made out of it. It'd be nice if they could just say which ones will be available later.

If it is the whole release that is limited, and not just the slipcover version, it will say in the item description. For example:

Vinegar Syndrome posted:

This slipcover edition of DEADLY DAPHNE'S REVENGE was limited to 1,500 units. We will never re-release DEADLY DAPHNE'S REVENGE in any other form or edition.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CPL593H posted:

Typically the description will mention that the disc itself its strictly limited and will not be getting another pressing, I didn't see it with Tammy and the T-Rex. The bigger problem with waiting is that sometimes the discs do sell out (see Mausoleum last November), and you end up having to wait for a new pressing, which could take a while depending on the demand.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I wasn't sure if that's the case because I'm a dumb dumb. Thanks.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Welp I ordered the 115 package. Why can't I stop myself?????

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MacheteZombie posted:

Welp I ordered the 115 package. Why can't I stop myself?????

Because it's awesome to get a box full of schlock in the mail every month?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I didn't go that crazy, but I did order Tammy & The T-Rex by itself because I already made up my mind months ago that the moment it was available I was getting it. And here we are!

When the Black Friday sale's going on, I'm probably also going to be adding even more stuff to the shipment.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

I didn't go that crazy, but I did order Tammy & The T-Rex by itself because I already made up my mind months ago that the moment it was available I was getting it. And here we are!

When the Black Friday sale's going on, I'm probably also going to be adding even more stuff to the shipment.

That was my plan, but their hype marketing for the mystery blus pushed me over into reckless spending territory

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

MacheteZombie posted:

That was my plan, but their hype marketing for the mystery blus pushed me over into reckless spending territory

After getting the pile of poo poo that was Deadly Daphnes Revenge I'm good to hold off for a while.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I, Butthole posted:

After getting the pile of poo poo that was Deadly Daphnes Revenge I'm good to hold off for a while.

"I already am eating from the trash can all the time." - me buying blurays

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Vinegar Syndrome really puts an incredible amount of work into their releases, but I feel bad that I'm really not interested in 99% of what they release. Though, Liquid Sky, Christmas Evil, Putney Swope, and Sweet Sweetback are all fantastic. Even their short-lived Etiquette Pictures line had some neat stuff like The American Dreamer (doc on the making of Dennis Hopper's The Last Movie, which came out before Arbelos finally restored the film) and Catch My Soul (rock opera take on Othello starring Ritchie Havens, directed by Patrick McGoohan).

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Are you all purchasing Tammy and the T-Rex ironically?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I don't do irony.

Egbert Souse posted:

Vinegar Syndrome really puts an incredible amount of work into their releases, but I feel bad that I'm really not interested in 99% of what they release. Though, Liquid Sky, Christmas Evil, Putney Swope, and Sweet Sweetback are all fantastic. Even their short-lived Etiquette Pictures line had some neat stuff like The American Dreamer (doc on the making of Dennis Hopper's The Last Movie, which came out before Arbelos finally restored the film) and Catch My Soul (rock opera take on Othello starring Ritchie Havens, directed by Patrick McGoohan).

They really do. Even if the movie isnt great the restoration quality is great and I can't say I regret buying any of the stuff from that I do buy. I really like them. I still need to pick up Putney Swope. Should have got it with the this order, poop.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

I, Butthole posted:

yeah it's atrocious

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Alec Eiffel posted:

I sincerely like the movie because it's an insane mess and I've never seen anything like it. I don't know if that counts as irony.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MacheteZombie posted:

"I already am eating from the trash can all the time." - me buying blurays

:same:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Alec Eiffel posted:

A gorey previously unseen cut version of a weird mess from the early 90s? Why not?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Liking things ironically is just bullshit someone invented and lots of people bought into because a lot of them were too insecure to admit that they enjoy stuff that is uncool or whatever. In the case of movies not everything is enjoyable on the same terms. So yes I like the movie. And yes I also acknowledge that it's not a good movie. But it makes up for that by being a very fun and interesting movie.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CPL593H posted:

Liking things ironically is just bullshit someone invented and lots of people bought into because a lot of them were too insecure to admit that they enjoy stuff that is uncool or whatever. In the case of movies not everything is enjoyable on the same terms. So yes I like the movie. And yes I also acknowledge that it's not a good movie. But it makes up for that by being a very fun and interesting movie.

I agree with this.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I actually own a copy of Tammy and the T-Rex on tape. Prior to this that was the only way to own a copy of the movie. I like this movie.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Alec Eiffel posted:

Honestly even if I've never seen it, I'm happy to gamble on stuff that certain labels put out, because it's likely to be weird enough that I'll get my moneys worth out of it. I've had a few duds so far, but even then the packages and special features and just general care that go into these things, even if they are literal bottom of the barrel DTV messes is fascinating enough that it's worth the cost of admission.

The only film from VinSyn that I haven't liked or found anything redeeming about is Deadly Daphnes Revenge. And even then I'm not too mad about owning it, because they gave me the wondrous miracle of Christmas Evil.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

VS released The House on Tombstone Hill aka Dead Dudes in the House as well, which means they’ve released 2 of the 8 movies in the Troma box set Toxie’s Top Ten. Hope that means we’ll get VS restorations of Demented Death Farm Massacre, Croaked: Frog Monster From Hell, Curse of the Cannibal Confederates, Video Demons do Psychotown, Space Zombie Bingo, and Fertilize the Blaspheming Bombshell.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I, Butthole posted:

Honestly even if I've never seen it, I'm happy to gamble on stuff that certain labels put out, because it's likely to be weird enough that I'll get my moneys worth out of it. I've had a few duds so far, but even then the packages and special features and just general care that go into these things, even if they are literal bottom of the barrel DTV messes is fascinating enough that it's worth the cost of admission.

The only film from VinSyn that I haven't liked or found anything redeeming about is Deadly Daphnes Revenge. And even then I'm not too mad about owning it, because they gave me the wondrous miracle of Christmas Evil.

As you guys already know, I just give VinSyn a lump sum of money and let them send me everything. Every once in a while, I'll get a stinker, but like you said I can't be too mad because there's plenty of stuff that more than makes up for it.

Even then, the stinkers at least give me some enjoyment, because I can get some insight into low budget films, or at least a snapshot of the world at the time it was created.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

As you guys already know, I just give VinSyn a lump sum of money and let them send me everything. Every once in a while, I'll get a stinker, but like you said I can't be too mad because there's plenty of stuff that more than makes up for it.

Even then, the stinkers at least give me some enjoyment, because I can get some insight into low budget films, or at least a snapshot of the world at the time it was created.

Worst case scenario you can take which ever movie you didn't like and sell it to those lunatics who will severely over pay for a cardboard slipcase.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

For that matter, any opinions on Night Owl or The Passing? I picked up all four titles to get Putney Swope and Taking Tiger Mountain. Before I unseal them, I dunno if they're worth more reselling.

I will attest that Christmas Evil and Liquid Sky are two of my favorite discoveries so far. I know the former is more well known, but Liquid Sky is at the top of my 2016 discoveries list.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Alec Eiffel posted:

non-committal hand-wavey motion? like, it's an absolute trainwreck, but it's the fun and entertaining kind

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
Also, beware if you're buying John Wick 3 in Australia, apparently. The blu and DVD release are censored, with the 4k edition being uncensored.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

like, it's an absolute trainwreck, but it's the fun and entertaining kind

This pretty much. Then when you combine that with the fact that it's a loving 2K restoration of Tammy & the T-Rex on blu ray with a bespoke slipcover and gory deleted scenes... I mean there's no way you can not buy it. It's just too interesting that it even exists.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

The gore footage is also significant because it was only ever on the German release of the movie so if you did manage to see that it was dubbed over. The fact that there were Tammy and the T-rex film prints surprised me, but them being the R-rated version blew my goddamn mind. I never thought this movie would become this huge cult film.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

I, Butthole posted:

Also, beware if you're buying John Wick 3 in Australia, apparently. The blu and DVD release are censored, with the 4k edition being uncensored.

What stupid poo poo is Australia not allowing this time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The eye stab is slightly zoomed in so you don't see the knife penetrating the guy's eye on-screen, and apparently that's the extent of it.

Seems pretty minor, honestly.