Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

jabro posted:

Forgot to play last beta but just tried this one. Controls are tighter and no hyper jumping bullshit. Feels way better than BLOPS4 and which wasn’t that bad but nowhere as good as this.

Also I’m playing on PS4 but am shown as my Activision name instead of my PSN. If I double dip and also get it on PC later will all my unlocks carry over like Destiny?

They will not carry over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
How does crossplay work? I've got pals across all three platforms and it sounds too good to be true that we'll all be able to get together again.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Looks like cross progression is working.

https://charlieintel.com/modern-warfare-supports-cross-progression-user-stats-transfer-between-platforms/56717/

quote:

So this is big news.

Many users are reporting that players progression is transferring between all platforms in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.

Users who played the Modern Warfare Beta on PS4, who have linked their PSN, Xbox Live, and Battle Net accounts on the same COD Account, are reporting that their levels and progression are showing up on all platforms.

The game is confirmed to support Cross Play between all platforms, but Activision and Infinity Ward said they were just “exploring” the idea of Cross Progression saves. They have not officially confirmed it as of now.

Details on how Cross Play works in the Modern Warfare Beta is available here.

The feature image we have above showcases that a Level 20 PS4 user sees all of their levels and unlocks on their PC version, as their Activision accounts are linked. All of the create-a-class menus and more are shown just as is across the platforms.

We’ve reached to Activision for comment on this. We will update as we get more information.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Capn Beeb posted:

How does crossplay work? I've got pals across all three platforms and it sounds too good to be true that we'll all be able to get together again.

Input based. Controller lobbies and M/KB lobbies. It’s opt-out so cross play is enabled by default.

You add friends/form parties cross-platform using your COD/Activision account. M/KB overrules controller so as long as there’s a single person using M/KB everyone in the party gets thrown in M/KB lobbies.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Here's the beta breakdown:

quote:

We’re back with weekend two of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Crossplay Open Beta! This go around, we’re adding more players to the mix with the addition of PC and Xbox One players! We can’t possibly thank you enough for joining us this weekend and we can’t wait to hear what you think of everything you’re going to get your hands on this weekend. Below you’ll find a link on how to provide feedback to us, any possible bugs you might come across, or if you just want to share your thoughts. We want to hear it all and again, thank you so much for playing in our Crossplay Open Beta!

And don’t forget…if you reach level 10 before the ends on Monday, September 23rd, you’ll get a weapon blueprint for the badass Hammer Shotgun, built from the .725, using it’s naturally unlocked attachments.
Post image

Weekend Two Breakdown:

Beta Duration for Weekend Two: Thursday, September 19th – Monday, September 23rd

Early Access: 10AM PST Thursday, September 19th – 6PM PST Friday September 20th

The open beta starts Thursday, September 19 for all PlayStation 4 owners and does not require a pre-order. In addition, anyone who has pre-ordered the game on Xbox One, or on PC via Blizzard Battle.net also can play starting Thursday, September 19. If you’re an Xbox One or PC owner and want to play Weekend 2 of the Beta for the longest possible time, be sure to pre-order.

Open: 6PM PST Friday, September 20th – 10AM PST Monday, September 23rd

The rest of the Open Beta period, running to the morning of Monday, September 23, is accessible to all players on PlayStation, Xbox One, or PC, regardless of pre-ordered status. If you’ve got an Xbox One, Xbox Live Gold is required to play. If you have a PC, a Battle.net account is required to play. Other than these prerequisites and an internet connection, you should have everything you need to play. And reminder, the Weekend 2 of the Beta Test will include Crossplay.
Post image

What You’ll Play Today:
Playlists:

6v6 Gun Runner

6v6 Hackney Yard (Day)

6v6 Azhir Cave (Day)

10v10 Grazna Raid

Game Mode Filter: TDM (Team Deathmatch)

Game Mode Filter: 10v10 HQ (Headquarters)

Game Mode Filter: 10v10 Dom (Domination)

Featured Playlist: Cyber Attack

Featured Playlist: 2v2 Gunfight

Other Intel: Level Cap 20, Game Mode Filter Unlocked

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yup. I played on PS4 last weekend. Just logged onto my Xbox and everything carried over. Pretty sweet.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
That's a pretty cool feature! I don't imagine you'll keep your levels into the game though.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I thought we got to try out the ground war stuff this weekend? I wanted to get pubbies into a tank and then drive off a cliff :(

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

SubponticatePoster posted:

I thought we got to try out the ground war stuff this weekend? I wanted to get pubbies into a tank and then drive off a cliff :(

We do! That hits on Saturday :)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Where can I find my Activision Account # bullshit

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Where can I find my Activision Account # bullshit

Callofduty.com

Basic Account Info

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
The direct link to log in was throwing up errors, so you may need to check back.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Anyone whanna play this on Xbone? My GT is “SandRifle”

And apparently my Activision ID is “Sandwolf”

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Sandwolf posted:

Anyone whanna play this on Xbone? My GT is “SandRifle”

And apparently my Activision ID is “Sandwolf”

You don't need this anymore, friend!

Game owns bones IMHO. Gunplay is miles away from any CoD before, but if you play it like BlOps 4 your will die.

CoD hasn't felt this fresh in years.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

I'm loving amazed that we have a real "boots on the ground" COD that isn't a marketing buzz word with cross play, cross progression, change from three lane maps, 64 player mode, no season pass and no Battle Royale or other gimmick.

Inevitably it's going to be cursed with overpowered lootbox weapons but we will have a few months safe.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games
I tried this out and was impressed. The guns sound and look cool. I killed dudes which was an unexpected but welcome change although I kept trying to lean due to my Rainbow Six Siege muscle memory which didn't work out too well for me because it threw a grenade each time, which bounced off of the wall in front of me. Looking forward to steeping in this game all weekend like a teabag in a warm cup of water.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Getting "Dev Error 5761" and crash to desktop when I try to play MP. :saddowns:

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I haven't even been able to play a full game because it keeps crashing

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Same, getting 5757 Direct X error.
i7-7700K and an AMD R390X 8Gb

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Another flawless beta launch :allears:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
game is good, much better than i expected honestly

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

poo poo. Reading some of your errors—trying to see if anybody else is reporting these. I’ll post anything I find.

And guys, come play (or talk about the game and have fun yadda yadda). We are having fun. I’m enjoying following along. I’ll be personally popping on late tonight but so far, so good. Lots of excited goons which is cool to see: https://discord.gg/kV2HaFf

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

I've put 2 hours in and my #1 complaint is going to be that for a 2019 FPS title the peek-advantage or "lag advantage" seems like it's the worst ever, more so when you are playing in a crossplay game. BLOPS4 was really bad with it but this might be worse. Glad it's a beta but nervous that we're a month out and other than boots on the ground it still doesn't feel great.

Mantling is really cool, but we'll see how it is once everyone knows the good spots.

Is there anyway to fix the brightness in this game that isn't the single slider? How about dimming objective points / map indicators?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Refunded my pre-order since the all the game does is crash

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I just tried to start the game to make sure everything worked before open beta and I was getting direct x crashes even before the splash screens could pop up. I downloaded the latest display driver for my 970 from Nvidia's website, and now I'm properly told in game that the beta hasn't started yet.

I was using some years old drivers, so I don't know how much this might help people who are crashing at startup.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I had no technical issues last weekend at all, but this weekend the lag has been some of the most insane poo poo I've ever seen in a game, beta or otherwise. At one point I mag-dumped and all the tracers froze just after leaving my gun for a couple of seconds and then I had a full clip again and got a kill after teleporting a good distance away.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

Dan Didio posted:

I had no technical issues last weekend at all, but this weekend the lag has been some of the most insane poo poo I've ever seen in a game, beta or otherwise. At one point I mag-dumped and all the tracers froze just after leaving my gun for a couple of seconds and then I had a full clip again and got a kill after teleporting a good distance away.

Modern warfare requires modern solutions.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Having a lot of issues tonight on ps4. Getting stuck on connecting to matchmaking service. I’m in a party of 3. It’s annoying.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

You’re not alone. There’s a lot of this going on. Matchmaking as a group is broken. For the most part at least :(

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

soggybagel posted:

Having a lot of issues tonight on ps4. Getting stuck on connecting to matchmaking service. I’m in a party of 3. It’s annoying.

There was an update about an hour ago that killed party matchmaking until you restart the game.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

I started the day not knowing a single thing about the new CoD and having no interest in playing it.
I watched one buddy’s stream early afternoon and preordered so I could play tonight.
This game is good.
I don’t recognize anyone here anymore. Someone give me KNR’s Activision ID I want to hear how well he has adjusted into adulthood by now.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Spoon Man posted:

I started the day not knowing a single thing about the new CoD and having no interest in playing it.
I watched one buddy’s stream early afternoon and preordered so I could play tonight.
This game is good.
I don’t recognize anyone here anymore. Someone give me KNR’s Activision ID I want to hear how well he has adjusted into adulthood by now.
Holy gently caress, it's Spoony!

e: Here's how most of my night went: https://gfycat.com/hotspiffyblackbuck

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Sep 20, 2019

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

buttchugging adderall posted:

Modern warfare requires modern solutions.

At one point it froze up mid gun-fight and when it un-hitched I was in a completely different gunfight and had got a kill from a completely different person I was first shooting at, they should just make this a game mode.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

At one point it froze up mid gun-fight and when it un-hitched I was in a completely different gunfight and had got a kill from a completely different person I was first shooting at, they should just make this a game mode.

Its reproducible, you just need to get blackout drunk and play.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress me, man. This game looks so good, the gunfeel is so loving good, I'm so excited to see what they do with the campaign. Now that I've got a feel for it I'm actually doing somewhat decent, too! I'm really, really happy with it, especially as someone who lapsed on the MP after Modern Warfare 2 and played all the campaigns except Ghosts on Casual. I burned through the Modern Warfare Remastered campaign in the leadup to release, and fuckin' hell that game holds up.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Holy poo poo the AK is mean :staredog:

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
This game has so much going for it.

Yet I am afraid the microtransactions will be the end of all that.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

is there a way to disable menu music only on PC?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Spoon Man posted:

This game is good.

Welcome back, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

trip report: it's good, folks!
I didn't have any particular issues with lag or hit reg last night, though some kill cams did seem to not reflect my hit markers