Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You mean Roadrunner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I haven’t seen Roadrunner in ~25 years and didn’t even recognize him.

:smith:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That's the saddest thing I ever heard man. I'm sorry.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2nLRvVFS4B/?igshid=twlpf7fmmknm

(Read the caption)

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

They'll be eating crayons and sexually assaulting Okinawan women in no time

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Icon Of Sin posted:

Did he use the stryker as a coverup for that bird/cloud thing in the same area on the first pic? :psyduck:

He did. It's a series of exponentially increasing bad choices

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Do you think that's supposed to be him on his back, or tribute to someone who died?

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

MomJeans420 posted:

Do you think that's supposed to be him on his back, or tribute to someone who died?

My money's on the latter. The mortality rate of overweight MPs is probably pretty high up there.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

From near bragg. Chances this is someones stripper wife?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Chances are just as good it's a "country girl'

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Guest2553 posted:

My money's on the latter. The mortality rate of overweight MPs is probably pretty high up there.

Oh poo poo I totally missed that

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

¿Por qué no los dos?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

She's probably more country than the girl with cowboy boots and the pink, lifted Wrangler with "cowgirl" vinyls all over it. Real country people are economical, and a Dodge Journey is economical as hell.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

A Bad Poster posted:

Real country people are economical

lmao what I scream from my 2020 F-250 Platinum because Im a rancher who makes $375k a year from oil leases but still gets welfare from losing money at ranching

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

drat it feels good to be a farmer

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Milo and POTUS posted:

drat it feels good to be a farmer

Unless you’re farming pine nuts

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Thump! posted:

Unless you’re farming pine nuts

Still safer than going to a wedding.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Proud Christian Mom posted:

lmao what I scream from my 2020 F-250 Platinum because Im a rancher who makes $375k a year from oil leases but still gets welfare from losing money at ranching

Well, you know, no war but class war.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

A Bad Poster posted:

Well, you know, no war but class war.

Many wars including the class war.

Eat some, but not all, rich.

Namaste.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
This is going around on chud Instagram pages

https://imgur.com/a/qYjb8Mi

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Syrian Lannister posted:

This is going around on chud Instagram pages

https://imgur.com/a/qYjb8Mi

Well they ignore the actual scientists.

NightGyr
Mar 7, 2005
I � Unicode
Greta's message has been over and over, go listen to the science, read the IPCC report. She's never claimed expertise herself.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

NightGyr posted:

Greta's message has been over and over, go listen to the science, read the IPCC report. She's never claimed expertise herself.

I was struck by the media picking up on the "trump is blasting a little girl on twitter" line and I pretty profoundly disagree with it. Why? Because she knows exactly what she is doing, is presenting her case very well, and is very consciously throwing some class A elbows at people in power in very public forums. In short is behaving as an adult. She has the poise, confidence, and subject matter knowledge of an adult and is wielding her celebrity status as one. So, in that regard, she's fair game for the president to take cheap shots, at least as much as Pelosi or ACO or any of his other targets. She doesn't hide behind her age and we shouldn't presume to do so for her.

The other reason I dislike the focus on that is that it's basically cutting her down. She isn't "just a kid," she's much more than that. CNN saying shame on Trump for mocking a child is infantalizing someone who seems to be doing everything she can to avoid that. It's essentially accepting Trump's key premise: that she is just a kid and, for that reason, doesn't matter.

On top of all this you have the way both of them are arguing. She is rolling out a poo poo ton of facts, complete with sources, and saying read the motherfucking papers written by real deal scientists. She's done the background work and has a very coherent point that she's making. Meanwhile his response is his standard shtick: don't address the argument being made and instead attack the background of the person making it. It's what he does with his dumb little nicknames ("Crazy Hillary, low energy Jeb" etc) and what he does with any criticism at all. Deflect and make an ad hominem attack.

What really stands out in all of this to me is that Trump's approach is a school yard comeback. It's an adult responding to someone's argument with "well you're a poopy head."

In other words the sixteen year old in this situation is arguing her case better than most adults, and the 73 year old is responding like a child.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The world is hosed because Fred Koch was a lovely abusive father. Makes u think

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Casimir Radon posted:

The world is hosed because Fred Koch was a lovely abusive father. Makes u think

And Fred Trump.

Kill all Freds before they can breed.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Cyrano4747 posted:

I was struck by the media picking up on the "trump is blasting a little girl on twitter" line and I pretty profoundly disagree with it. Why? Because she knows exactly what she is doing, is presenting her case very well, and is very consciously throwing some class A elbows at people in power in very public forums. In short is behaving as an adult. She has the poise, confidence, and subject matter knowledge of an adult and is wielding her celebrity status as one. So, in that regard, she's fair game for the president to take cheap shots, at least as much as Pelosi or ACO or any of his other targets. She doesn't hide behind her age and we shouldn't presume to do so for her.

The other reason I dislike the focus on that is that it's basically cutting her down. She isn't "just a kid," she's much more than that. CNN saying shame on Trump for mocking a child is infantalizing someone who seems to be doing everything she can to avoid that. It's essentially accepting Trump's key premise: that she is just a kid and, for that reason, doesn't matter.

On top of all this you have the way both of them are arguing. She is rolling out a poo poo ton of facts, complete with sources, and saying read the motherfucking papers written by real deal scientists. She's done the background work and has a very coherent point that she's making. Meanwhile his response is his standard shtick: don't address the argument being made and instead attack the background of the person making it. It's what he does with his dumb little nicknames ("Crazy Hillary, low energy Jeb" etc) and what he does with any criticism at all. Deflect and make an ad hominem attack.

What really stands out in all of this to me is that Trump's approach is a school yard comeback. It's an adult responding to someone's argument with "well you're a poopy head."

In other words the sixteen year old in this situation is arguing her case better than most adults, and the 73 year old is responding like a child.

What percentage of the time do you think a 73 year old that finds themself in a heated public argument with a high school sophomore is actually in the right or is even approaching the situation as the adult in the room? I would bet that it's pretty small.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Edit: derailing

Imagined fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Sep 25, 2019

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Ah, so that explains this.

I had no idea wtf was going on.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
:stare: Well, drat.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Yeah every time I embarrass myself by losing my poo poo while arguing with someone on Twitter I look at how cool and methodical Greta is and feel even more embarrassed

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

CainFortea posted:

Ah, so that explains this.

I had no idea wtf was going on.

No that's the libertarians' territory

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Remember how Melania’s signature issue as First Lady was supposed to be countering cyberbullying

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Internet Wizard posted:

Remember how Melania’s signature issue as First Lady was supposed to be countering cyberbullying

I had secretly hoped this was a low key dig at her husband, but no, it turns she has as little capacity for self reflection as he does.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

No that's the libertarians' territory
No, they do it too. Remember Roy Moore?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Casimir Radon posted:

No, they do it too. Remember Roy Moore?

No! Remember Roy Moore!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Internet Wizard posted:

Not quite, her signature issue was to not cyberbully Melania Trump.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Be best cyber bully you can be.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

FrozenVent posted:

Be best cyber bully you can be.

Ok I will.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

nice post

for a clown to make

at the circus

Adbot