Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Gimmie that stick except all it has is Twinkle Star Sprites, Magical Drop 2, Puzzle Bobble 2, and Neo Turf Masters, and I'll buy that poo poo so fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boblemoche
Apr 11, 2008
Just League Bowling and it's a sell for me.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

HerniaFlange posted:

They put out some more details about the Neogeo stick, including what games come installed on it. https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/press/2019/092001/

Why would you ever bother with 3 different versions of World Heroes 2?
Also, I'm kind of curious about what the stick will actually work with for other consoles. The page doesn't mention anything except pointing out there there are 8 buttons. Might be too early to say, but I'm wondering if this thing will be PC only.

SNK is promoting World Heroes pretty hard with stuff like this and the honzo action figure

I think they want it to be a big franchise or at least a kof team

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
how the gently caress? how did they manage to count 20 neo geo arcade games and not any puzzle bobbles or metal slugs? where is windjammers? where is twinkle star sprites? where is neo turf masters? where is breakers? who asked for samsho 3?

Broken Loose fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Sep 20, 2019

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Broken Loose posted:

how the gently caress? how did they manage to count 20 neo geo arcade games and not any puzzle bobbles or metal slugs? where is twinkle star sprites? where is neo turf masters? where is breakers? who asked for samsho 3?

I question a lot of that list but 3 fuckin' owns. It's technically impressive too - the sprites even have some animation frames cut in 4 and on. Great atmospbere too.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

https://game.mirai-media.net/blazblue-ctb-specialedition/

So with the new bbtag update they're adding a new mechanic where if the timer hits 80 seconds everyone's meter automatically starts filling.

Seeing gcyoshi time people out with yosuke/hazama must have really rubbed someone down there the wrong way

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
poo poo, with the insane amount of damage in BBCTB, I didn’t even think timing people out was feasible

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

MechaX posted:

poo poo, with the insane amount of damage in BBCTB, I didn’t even think timing people out was feasible

It's very possible when you play yosuke hazama

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Wrist Watch posted:

So with the new bbtag update they're adding a new mechanic where if the timer hits 80 seconds everyone's meter automatically starts filling.

Seeing gcyoshi time people out with yosuke/hazama must have really rubbed someone down there the wrong way

Good tbh, poo poo or get off the pot.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Broken Loose posted:

how the gently caress? how did they manage to count 20 neo geo arcade games and not any puzzle bobbles or metal slugs? where is windjammers? where is twinkle star sprites? where is neo turf masters? where is breakers? who asked for samsho 3?
SNK didn't create and thus don't have the rights to Windjammers, Puzzle Bobble or Breakers.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Broken Loose posted:

Those arent first party SNK games they would have had to license them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wrist Watch posted:

They're also adding new metered options with the universal overhead, the option to partner swap midcombo outside of DHC and the option to change up the timing on when your 2nd char flies in after your first one is downed. drat the best FG of 2018 just got better

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Bbtag proving itself the best fighting game once again with these changes. They seem universally pretty great and I'm way excited to play season 2 at this point.

They're revealing the final 5 characters of season 2 on the 22nd as well, I hope there are some more surprises.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I just want Jaune for the RWBY roster :smith:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

https://twitter.com/EbonicPlagueBB/status/1174820662373801984

The gauge thing is cool but I like this one a lot because it makes the last hit of the 5A autocombo have a purpose instead of just being a trap button

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Not sure where else to ask this but: When you wire up a custom control panel/stick is it very hard to change the wiring to/from USB and the usual keyboard doubler card thing that's usually used in MAME cabinets?

I'm wanting to make a short arcade cab for a kid and I'd like to have it running one of the retail mini-consoles and then change it later into a full mame cab.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Crocoswine posted:

The gauge thing is cool but I like this one a lot because it makes the last hit of the 5A autocombo have a purpose instead of just being a trap button

The only time I've ever completed an A autocombo was a UNI character rebeating into it and using that for damage.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I was labbing once and discovered that for Chie because of the way the combo scaling works you actually do less damage if you use 5AA to hitconfirm into her bnb vs 5A or 5AAA

A autocombos are awful

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
carmine is the only character who actually wants to finish his autocombo so this might be a bit of an issue for him.

I don't think "rampage time" is an answer to people timing out. it just sounds like another string of "gently caress it, wouldn't that be fun?" wacky mechanics in this game full of them. if it helps anyone it helps people make 1v2 comebacks after their resonance runs out

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

darealkooky posted:

carmine is the only character who actually wants to finish his autocombo so this might be a bit of an issue for him.

I don't think "rampage time" is an answer to people timing out. it just sounds like another string of "gently caress it, wouldn't that be fun?" wacky mechanics in this game full of them. if it helps anyone it helps people make 1v2 comebacks after their resonance runs out

I don't think it's automatic, I think you have to do something after the autocombo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Right. Carmine will still life steal unless you tag

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Crocoswine posted:

All of these changes are amazing. I didn't think I could like BBTag more but here we are

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Next they gonna get xmen and dr doom

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
How do we all feel about Soulcal 6? I picked it up a while ago, forgot about it, but am now having fun mashing buttons in it

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Bullbar posted:

How do we all feel about Soulcal 6? I picked it up a while ago, forgot about it, but am now having fun mashing buttons in it

the RPS mechanic sucks so bad

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Brother Entropy posted:

the RPS mechanic sucks so bad

Supposedly this is being fixed, but I ducked out a while ago and wont tune in again until one of the resource-less counter mechanics doesn't stop the game from being played for the next 5-7 seconds

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

It's fun other than that. It's weird that they added it as a way to simplify the game then gave you like 7 options and different payoffs for everyone. It doesn't feel as much like a simplification as another game just layered on top.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tekken/samsho are better imo

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
SC6 was fun but the netcode was bad and those early changes made it sound like they were balancing around their bad netcode first and foremost so I just gave up

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Bullbar posted:

it's the best soul calibur since 2 (but that isn't saying much), just ignore the RPS mechanic

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

I need a large form factor controller for the PS4 and am considering a Hitbox. Is it a mistake?

Realized the terse question might come off as a troll. I play semisporadically but for long hours when I do, and am generally a terrible gorilla on my sticks. My TE2 has mostly survived but with GBF and GG2020 I finally need a PS4 stick.

wodin fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Sep 21, 2019

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The RPS stuff in SC6 gets used quite a bit less now in general, because people actually know how to get around it and junk now.

Also hitboxes are pretty good feeling, embrace the cheatbox spirit.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

wodin posted:

I need a large form factor controller for the PS4 and am considering a Hitbox. Is it a mistake?

Realized the terse question might come off as a troll. I play semisporadically but for long hours when I do, and am generally a terrible gorilla on my sticks. My TE2 has mostly survived but with GBF and GG2020 I finally need a PS4 stick.

Do you like to play characters with 720s? It will make those really annoying
otherwise sure go ahead, it's not like controllers matter anyways beyond what's comfortable for you

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

wodin posted:

Play on a keyboard for a few days and see how you like it. Also, I'd suggest assembling your own and not just buying the "official" controller. It's 7 inches wide, which was a bit too small for me when I was building cardboard prototypes before I built my wood case. I know All Fight Sticks case is 8.5 inches, which I found much more comfortable.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Soul Calibur 6 is really good, but yes reversal edge is an incredibly dipshit mechanic and the game would be far better without it

Ironically enough, most idiots complain it's overpowered when in reality it's underpowered

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

It's just annoying

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
How exactly is reversal edge supposed to work? I never fully understood it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Extra Large Marge posted:

How exactly is reversal edge supposed to work? I never fully understood it.

When you want the game to stop and be bad, you hit the button

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Chaotic Flame posted:

All of these changes are amazing. I didn't think I could like BBTag more but here we are

While minor, but admittedly very important to me, I really, really hope they complete redo the character select screen

It is just some absolute hot garbage with the way it is now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

When you want the game to stop and be bad, you hit the button