Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Trastion posted:

Did SALR break on Chrome for anyone else? I don't think there was an update or anything but my Mouse gesture stuff stopped working and I cannot handle the forums without it...

With Chrome SALR, as long as mouse gestures are enabled you can toggle it on and off with the alt key.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

astral posted:

With Chrome SALR, as long as mouse gestures are enabled you can toggle it on and off with the alt key.

It is enabled and it doesn't pop up at all with or without the Alt key. It worked fine until a couple days ago and then stopped and I don't think there was a Chrome update or anything. I have not reinstalled it yet though. I will try that today if I have time.

Edit: Reinstall worked.

Trastion fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Sep 20, 2019

Zedlic
Mar 10, 2005

Ask me about being too much of a sperging idiot to understand what resisting arrest means.

Way back in 2013 Megillah Gorilla posted:

Is it possible to add a way to resize the default thumbnail size? I love the image scaling feature for standard [img] tagged images. The default [timg] is too damned small and I hate expanding them one after the other in posts with lots of images.

Once upon a time there was a greasemonkey script, but it hasn't worked in a very long time.

Ancient quote but honestly the only thing I've found on this. Given that all images are downloaded in full anyway, I see no good reason for the thumbnails to be this tiny. If I could have my way, they would default to the "as wide as the container allows" setting which happens when you click the image (not the size button in top left).

Anyway, has anything changed in the last six years that would help me do this?

Edit: Or even just a way to expand all images on this page.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Zedlic posted:

Ancient quote but honestly the only thing I've found on this. Given that all images are downloaded in full anyway, I see no good reason for the thumbnails to be this tiny. If I could have my way, they would default to the "as wide as the container allows" setting which happens when you click the image (not the size button in top left).

Anyway, has anything changed in the last six years that would help me do this?

Edit: Or even just a way to expand all images on this page.

You can have all the thumbnails at the same 100% scale as normal images with this bit of css:
code:
.timg {
    width: 100% !important;
    height: 100% !important;
}
(or 50% or whatever) in Stylus or another CSS styling extension. The little hover-button for changing size does nothing anymore.

Changing the timg function so it still makes thumbnail images, but larger than the puny size they are now, is also possible with violentmonkey or tampermonkey. You need a script that overrides the SA.timg function (which is in forums.combined.js). But I can't help with that, as that is as much as I know about js.

Zedlic
Mar 10, 2005

Ask me about being too much of a sperging idiot to understand what resisting arrest means.
Amazing, works perfectly. I had hosed around with some cssing but couldn't find the right one. Thanks!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
The default image links Imgur gives serve a resized image. Maybe SALR should have an option to use the original image links by default.

Default:

Original image size (obtained by adding an "l" to the filename):

Those enlarged lossy compression artifacts make me look like a buffoon. A clod. A complete nincompoop.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

gary oldmans diary posted:

The default image links Imgur gives serve a resized image. Maybe SALR should have an option to use the original image links by default.

Default:

Original image size (obtained by adding an "l" to the filename):

Those enlarged lossy compression artifacts make me look like a buffoon. A clod. A complete nincompoop.

You do realize you've got that backwards, right? The 'l' just means 'large thumbnail'.

edit: and if you add 's' instead of 'l' you get the 'small square' version.

astral fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Oct 9, 2019

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
It seems Firefox must scaling all images and I already have text and image scaling both at 100%. Must be a "my machine" problem instead of an "everyone" problem.
But when I'm viewing or editing an image to post, the "l" version always takes up the exact same amount of screen space as it's supposed to. Like I can resize Irfanview with the image at 100% and drag it over and its 1:1.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

The Windows dpi scaling setting also factors in in Firefox and maybe for some reason not in Irfanview.

Zedlic
Mar 10, 2005

Can I get YOSPOS style everywhere?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Zedlic posted:

Can I get YOSPOS style everywhere?

If you use something like Stylus and copy its stylesheet, sure.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
the firefox addon page is defunct.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

razorrozar posted:

the firefox addon page is defunct.

astral posted:

https://bintray.com/salr/salr-firefox/download_file?file_path=something_awful_last_read_redux-2.1.8.13a12-an%2Bfx.xpi is the last signed version; not 100% if they can prevent it from installing or not since it's disabled on a.m.o. but we'll see!

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

thank you. is it possible to install this on firefox mobile? ive never installed one except from the store.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Just cleared my Firefox "cookies and site data" to try and fix some other issues and it removed all my settings for SALR.

Including usernotes, post colours, everything.

Has it always worked like this?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Just cleared my Firefox "cookies and site data" to try and fix some other issues and it removed all my settings for SALR.

Including usernotes, post colours, everything.

Has it always worked like this?

Because SALR Redux uses localstorage, unfortunately that is the case. The good news is that it will be migrated over to storage.local, which isn't subject to that issue, but that's probably still a few months away.

This is actually the main reason I've insisted on calling it an alpha-quality release.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Okay, thanks for that.

Stupid lovely airline tracking cookies trying to make me pay more for revisiting their site multiple times :argh:

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Does SALR's Mouse gestures work in the Taco Bell Xbox Sweeps thread for anyone else? I am on Firefox and this thread seems to break something with it.

Not a big deal but thought I would mention it since this thread is active right now.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
So I get this error using Quick Reply in Chrome now. If I preview then hit submit then it work.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Firefox & Quick Reply works still. For now at least.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

withak posted:

So I get this error using Quick Reply in Chrome now. If I preview then hit submit then it work.

Same

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Getting those errors and I can't use quote in reply. Also Chrome inspect is turning up cookie errors and other blockage apparently associated with cross-site javascript which looks to be doomed.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Trastion posted:

SALR's Mouse gestures
I wish I could even use them. Before Firefox Quantum I used an extension called Image Zoom that got along just fine with SALR. Now I have to use Zoom Image and it won't work on SA if gestures are enabled. I find it just too handy to give up.
Keyboard navigation is pretty good anyway.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

ewe2 posted:

Getting those errors and I can't use quote in reply. Also Chrome inspect is turning up cookie errors and other blockage apparently associated with cross-site javascript which looks to be doomed.

I'm assuming this thread isn't actually monitored and the extension isn't supported anymore?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

LastInLine posted:

I'm assuming this thread isn't actually monitored and the extension isn't supported anymore?

How entitled.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

withak posted:

ewe2 posted:

I don't use Chrome or maintain SALR's Chrome version, but I fired it up to test with the last released SALR version and it seems to be working fine for me. Are you guys having issues with it using a Chrome beta? If not, it might come down to some specific SALR setting or another. For example, this option was causing some problems in the Firefox version:

astral posted:

the setting to hide the 'Forum Rules' link in the header was breaking some stuff. That one's already fixed for the next version, but if you've found another we can fix that's great too!

astral fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Nov 7, 2019

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

astral posted:

I don't use Chrome or maintain SALR's Chrome version, but I fired it up to test with the last released SALR version and it seems to be working fine for me.

I haven't noticed any problems at all with standard Chrome.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Testing quick reply from my standard Chrome on work computer. Will try home computer later (can't remember if on beta), that is what gave me the error above.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

astral posted:

I don't use Chrome or maintain SALR's Chrome version, but I fired it up to test with the last released SALR version and it seems to be working fine for me. Are you guys having issues with it using a Chrome beta? If not, it might come down to some specific SALR setting or another. For example, this option was causing some problems in the Firefox version:

Yes it's definitely a problem with the beta, but the problematic features that are in the beta will come to the stable version. Chrome appears to be attacking cross-site scripting, even benign ones, and I was testing this with my ad-blockers/javascript extensions turned off and the client itself was causing the same issues with SALR. Only when I turned SALR off was I able to get replies/quotes working.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

astral posted:

How entitled.

Not entitled at all, I just figured if it wasn't supported then there was no reason to keep this tab open in my browser. I have a Chrome extension which tracks when other extensions get updates so I know how often it's updated. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, I don't mind, I just didn't want to talk to the void.

I can confirm it doesn't work with my settings either on Mac on Chrome Beta or at work on Windows with Chrome stable which might not even be the current version of Chrome since it's a managed environment. My settings are the same between the two, so if it's working for others I can go through my options to figure out where the conflict is.

I was wrong, worked at work after reinstalling the extension. Just Beta that's gives the error.

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Nov 9, 2019

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

LastInLine posted:

Not entitled at all
How I see it is
Raising issue about the extension: fine
Complaining because people working for free arent getting to your issue fast enough: entitled

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

gary oldmans diary posted:

How I see it is
Raising issue about the extension: fine
Complaining because people working for free arent getting to your issue fast enough: entitled

Exactly how I see it. I report issues not in the expectation that they'll be fixed, but so that other users can see the issue. Like I said I wasn't sure the Chrome extension was still supported, since most of the posts were about the Firefox version for as far back as I looked.

It should be noted that this isn't the support thread linked to in the settings for the Chrome version so I wasn't sure this even the right place.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

astral posted:

Update: I only get the error in Chrome beta. I don't have any of the header things turned off like that though.

edit: I feel that I am entitled to a full refund.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

withak posted:

edit: I feel that I am entitled to a full refund.
You'll get the vast SALR fortunes over my cold dead hands.

Will spend some time seeing if I can't fix this, not sure immediately what would be causing it as it's not something that's been affecting me so I did not know it was a thing.

Testing editing on google canary.

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Nov 9, 2019

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies
Testing quick reply from chrome canary...

editing the post now...

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 9, 2019

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Master_Odin posted:

Testing quick reply from chrome canary...

editing the post now...

New beta seems to be working with SALR again. Normal behaviour with quick reply.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

:iiam:

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Yep, new Beta seems to have fixed it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My plugin doesn't work, I have no idea why.
My plugin works, I have no idea why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Beta works again for me too. Thanks for all the hard work!