Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I want Lucky Wander Boy. Any art-school hack can get a career if dad pays for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Gwendoline Christie is who I pray to now and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is about to ask me if this if my final answer.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

davidspackage posted:

Gwendoline Christie is who I pray to now and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is about to ask me if this if my final answer.

when john snu is the 2nd best dressed... you got worries there man

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

nine-gear crow posted:

The North remembers. And good loving riddance. Here's to seven and a half seasons of a really great TV show.

Just four. Only four truly good seasons.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Better Call Saul is incredibly boring and the stories they're trying to tell are uninteresting at best and flat out inconsequential at worst. It's the television equivalent of not only watching paint dry, but watching paint dry again on a wall you've already painted.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

incorrect but we can't all have good taste.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
watching paint dry owns though

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

lost my old email posted:

when john snu is the 2nd best dressed... you got worries there man

I like dink's style but the rest of the dudes are pathetic

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Better Call Saul is incredibly boring and the stories they're trying to tell are uninteresting at best and flat out inconsequential at worst. It's the television equivalent of not only watching paint dry, but watching paint dry again on a wall you've already painted.

It's slow, but hardly boring, because the characters inform every scene they are in. It's not a show to watch if you need nonstop action to keep you interested. It's much more interested in framing each scene in a way that reflects the character's mood. I can understand why people wouldn't like it, but it sure hits the spot for me. I wouldn't want every show to be like it, though.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

davidspackage posted:

I love how Gwendoline Christie towers over everyone else by like a head.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

davidspackage posted:

I love how everyone's height is all over the place.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's good when someone says that better call Saul is bad because then you can ignore all their further opinions without thinking about it twice

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If you don't care about the characters then the framing doesn't much matter. It is shot very well and the actors are very talented. It's just one of those shows that I think the whole is worse than the sum of it's parts.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i could see where you were coming from if only the first season existed but it's just silly considering there are 3 more seasons.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Game of Thrones won the tits Emmy awards for the first few season.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Solice Kirsk posted:

If you don't care about the characters then the framing doesn't much matter. It is shot very well and the actors are very talented. It's just one of those shows that I think the whole is worse than the sum of it's parts.

This is true for the latter seasons.

The acting is top notch. The world building is top notch. The directing is top notch. The editing is top notch. But the writing...the writing is terrible.

EDIT - Rereading this thread I realized that the quoted post wasn't talking about Game of Thrones.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Sep 24, 2019

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Solice Kirsk posted:

Lol

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Trying to imagine not being enthralled by Mike Doing Things or Kim and Jimmy Have A Complicated Relationship but it's not working

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Yeah it's not as good as Breaking Bad was, which managed to create a much more diverse set of vibes per episode besides just "depression"

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I like dink's style but the rest of the dudes are pathetic

Alfie Allen is kinda generic, but at least its a proper black tie get-up. Kit looks kinda like a wine waiter with the suit and no tie.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
There's a lot of Weird Standing going on here, NCW is standing like a Trump. Alfie looks like he's trying really hard not to interrupt whoever's talking.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Extremely wrongo, bub

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

One day now, the last post will be made in this thread, and then we can all move on with our lives and never think of this terribly disappointing show ever again.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They won outstanding drama series, lol. I'm glad I never care too much about the emmys.

Groovelord Neato posted:

yeah better call saul is far and away the best show on tv and it losing out to the worst season of a show that hasn't put out a good season since 2014 is a joke.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Alfie Allen is kinda generic, but at least its a proper black tie get-up. Kit looks kinda like a wine waiter with the suit and no tie.

It's just the loving Emmys, let's not get bent out of shape trying here. They give those to news anchors for Christ's sake.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

VanSandman posted:

Just four. Only four truly good seasons.

Aye. But at least the next 2 and half seasons had the decency to have a few good parts here and there.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tenzarin posted:

They won outstanding drama series, lol. I'm glad I never care too much about the emmys.

i didn't know until yesterday when i looked it up that better call saul seasons 1 and 2 lost to GOT season 5 and 6. dear lord that is dire.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Phenotype posted:

One day now, the last post will be made in this thread, and then we can all move on with our lives and never think of this terribly disappointing show ever again.

We'll all remember fake Sansa and her amazing surprise performance.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Phenotype posted:

Can it be this one? Please? Like, is there really anything left to say? The thought of logging on to the forums and seeing this thread greyed out fills me with pleasure.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

yeah, no more posts guys! I'm serious! this is the last one!

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

grrm really came out on top all things considered

he got paid a boatload for half a story and then was smart enough to watch last kingdom instead of the later seasons of got

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Cactus posted:

Can it be this one? Please? Like, is there really anything left to say? The thought of logging on to the forums and seeing this thread greyed out fills me with pleasure.

Apparently one of the prequels has a pilot in post production already. Got is back babay!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Percelus posted:

grrm really came out on top all things considered

he got paid a boatload for half a story and then was smart enough to watch last kingdom instead of the later seasons of got

also people will want the books (even though they'll never come) in the hopes of a decent ending.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Groovelord Neato posted:

also people will want the books (even though they'll never come) in the hopes of a decent ending.

They will just be like the kids books that come out with new pixar movies that are just the movie in a book with picture and one sentence explanations of the picture.

The Night King got stabbed by a magic dagger. All the zombies died yeah!

The kingdom abandoned its brutal ways and adopted a theocracy and respected that form of government forever.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

what is bad may never die

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Fellatio del Toro posted:

what is bad may never die

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

My posts will live forever

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

game of thrones never ends

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

oh but seriously I posted:

game of thrones never ends

correction: the books are called "a song of ice and fire"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Hey remember how they delayed the final season of game of thrones by a year and still put out an awfully written, rushed, shortened season that was so bad it retroactively made the earlier seasons worse.