Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

GulagDolls posted:

how is that possible

I read them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Mr. Humalong posted:

AA - voting Toal because “I couldn’t target Toal with my night action” even though I believe Toal stated they initially targeted AA with their night action but got redirected to Solus

Jon Joe - voting Toal because ??????, wants people to post lumpen lists, declared Dancer town after like 3 posts

:thunk:

I'd do a JJ vote

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

lol i just remembered the game where scum dancer didnt post for two day phases and just submitted night actions

Mr. Humalong posted:

Lumpen lists are as terrible as their namesake and give scum an easy crutch to look like they’re posting content.

Voting Sal, think his act of innocent befuddlement is being played far too strongly this game to be genuine (how do you miss the post directly after the n1 flip?). Would also vote Nat for their dogged insistence about voting out a lurker today instead of waiting until day 3 or 4. He comes out of that argument looking much, much worse than Gulag.

I wish my internet was working again, I hate having nothing but my phone to post on. Let me go try to reset the router for the 30th time like it will make a difference.

i dont think sal is capable (in that he would like to, or could) of using his own meta as a crutch to manipulate people like that. i also think he wouldn't call pera scum if he was scum..since he would know she wasnt, and cannot lie. like uh. he would subconsciously know that pera wasn't scum and wouldn't make such a big 'untruth' in his solus vote (that pera was scum)

quote:

Would also vote Nat for their dogged insistence about voting out a lurker today instead of waiting until day 3 or 4. He comes out of that argument looking much, much worse than Gulag.
How do you figure he comes off much worse in terms of alignment, and how do I come off better.. we were kind of talking about two different things.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Humalong posted:

AA - voting Toal because “I couldn’t target Toal with my night action” even though I believe Toal stated they initially targeted AA with their night action but got redirected to Solus

Jon Joe - voting Toal because ??????, wants people to post lumpen lists, declared Dancer town after like 3 posts

:thunk:

What goes in those question marks is that he’s 1. Voting Sal and 2. Of those voting Sal who already had a vote on them, the one I have no reason to believe is town

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Toalpaz posted:

I'd do a JJ vote

Cool omgus

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

How do you figure he comes off much worse in terms of alignment, and how do I come off better.. we were kind of talking about two different things.

Because he’s scum, OP

##vote nat

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
She, sorry

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Jon Joe posted:

Cool omgus

:allears:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

:allears:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

SalTheBard posted:

Then why are you voting for me?

because, friend, you're still on the list
something something fist

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Jon Joe posted:

She, sorry

Are you talking bout me?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

Because he’s scum, OP

##vote nat

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Toalpaz posted:

Are you talking bout me?

*checks discord* they, sorry again

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i would eventually kill him if the cycle of bad case that could have been formed by an automaton or else essay generating website>going to sleep im going to make good case later>ok going to sleep for real this is definitely happening later
isn't broken
i would also do it now

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Nooo why'd you check scumchat#v Mc/s

No problem friend

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

asf is also confirmed scum and needs to die

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

GulagDolls posted:

This is my first choice today

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

I don’t know if I believe this just yet, but I could be brought around to it

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
##vote ASF in fact I’ll just go back here now. Would vote anyone voting Sal in this order: ASF > Toalpaz > Bif > Solus > Humalong

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm indifferent and just want to hit lv 2 and three people just said sure maybe so ##vote asf

A flavour everyone can enjoy?

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I mean, I agree that ASF is not looking town, but the justification given for this super-quick series of votes not even close to deadline is slightly worrisome.

JJ looking bad imo.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Dancer posted:

I mean, I agree that ASF is not looking town, but the justification given for this super-quick series of votes not even close to deadline is slightly worrisome.

JJ looking bad imo.

That’s my trick.

I always look bad.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
(not that Toal isn't also looking bad but my gut says JJ marginally worse)

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
More seriously I am an overly anxious mess generally who thinks rapidly and gets real mad easy /moremeta

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Jon Joe posted:

That’s my trick.

I always look bad.

https://media.tenor.com/images/08ee9547e9191e68f4b018f93e0d6666/tenor.gif

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Jon Joe posted:

More seriously I am an overly anxious mess generally who thinks rapidly and gets real mad easy /moremeta

I dunno, it wasn't exactly a noteworthy game otherwise, but I remember my first mafia game because it was, well, my first mafia game and you exuded overwhelming confidence in scum-chat in that one.

Was it unearned? Likely :v:. But you didn't let that stop you.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

SolusLunes posted:

because, friend, you're still on the list
something something fist

But I'm 2nd to last..... If I posted a list and said I have people I suspect and would vote in this order and then voted for the #4 person on my list I would get eviscerated.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sal give me a case on someone and I'll stop voting you ##vote sal

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Dancer posted:

I dunno, it wasn't exactly a noteworthy game otherwise, but I remember my first mafia game because it was, well, my first mafia game and you exuded overwhelming confidence in scum-chat in that one.

Was it unearned? Likely :v:. But you didn't let that stop you.

That’s also my anxiety.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Like seriously no one every really refuted this other than gut reads of sal's meta:

SalTheBard posted:

At this point I'm starting to feel like AA is too scummy to be scum.

SalTheBard posted:

That actually seems reasonable. I'm cool with AA again. Sorry for the temporary insanity. I still do feel your pera vote was bad

I don't like the hot and cold on and off AA.

Natural 20 posted:

Sal

Sal has made a very large number of posts, almost all of which are jokes and like a single one is a take on AA. I don't like this. I feel like he should be along enough in the game now to know better, so I take that to be more likely to be scum than not. I'm not voting his way but I'm keeping an eye out.

This is a good read of Sal imo and I liked it at the time and it made me think twice.

SalTheBard posted:

Yeah. I was trying to stay out of the AA vs Toalpaz stuff so I was generally ignoring it. That's probably my bad. From outside perspective I would agree with this case as scum typically try to keep jokephase going to cover for lack of content, something I 100% did.

This is fairly self conscious even when directly replying to someone else's case and is scummy imo.

yuming posted:

##vote Sal

(1) Around while discussion was happening, but did not engage. e.g.,

I love the effort for flavor, but this totally avoids engaging in the AA/Toal content despite being present in thread.

(2) Self-conscious tone to posting:

:tear:

Jon Joe posted:

The only player yuming was notably suspicious of was gulag.

Which i don't think is a good reason to vote gulag, but I wanted to note it so people don't need to repeat my effort of reading yuming's posts to check her suspicions. The only others she gave was Sal, which she rescinded without prompting, and pera, which we already know what happened there.

Weird that you would discount sal like that because yuming makes a pretty serious case against sal for d1 standards.

SalTheBard posted:

I'm still waiting for any explanation of this.

I dunno, I was pretty clearly joking and my response was quoting gulag, who is the person who actually claimed results. Don't know why I would need to explain anything and seems self conscious.

SalTheBard posted:

I just wanted to quote this post. I've seen too many "Hahaha it's jokephase and I'm scum lol." I will always vote for people who post this kind of stuff. Also interestingly enough it includes pera who SHOCK was actual scum. But to be fair it does include Yuming who was decidedly not scum, but then again I wouldn't expect Solus to out the whole team. So even though I really like to only vote once, I want to get that vote in early so I don't forget.

##vote Solus

Yeah, why is Sal policy voting a hated person who made this post start of D1. That was the time to vote Solus, not d2 after two flips and some content.

Jon Joe posted:

Sal is the most town player in the game imo

incidentally there's a connection here too with JJ offering a strong town read of Sal. It isn't very bad by itself but it tied together with the downplaying of Yuming's post is fishy.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I already explained that I had misread yuming’s post

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

But I'm 2nd to last..... If I posted a list and said I have people I suspect and would vote in this order and then voted for the #4 person on my list I would get eviscerated.

second to last on a list of four
when scum team's probably at least three or more

friend I don't know what to say
if you think I'm wrong you don't need to argue the point with me today

it's probably more worth your while to tell us who else you think is scummy
you're also voting for dancer still and that makes me look at you funny

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

besides, I'm a practical man
you're the one on the list that I think we can can

I would be fine with any of the others
but aside from you, no case has really found its druthers

I will admit I don't expect you to be the execution
the SA mafia meta is to immediately last-minute swerve on somebody's interlocution

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

GulagDolls posted:

i would eventually kill him if the cycle of bad case that could have been formed by an automaton or else essay generating website>going to sleep im going to make good case later>ok going to sleep for real this is definitely happening later
isn't broken
i would also do it now

Then do it because I'm not going to stop being right about mafia and I'm not going to stop requiring sleep at 1am.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dancer posted:

~Elite mafia player~ Bif rly should know that, much like an adorable little corgi puppy, Sal's standard mode of being is earnest and innocently oblivious, entirely independent of his actual alignment.

ok so that means absolutely nothing then, and it isn't even what I pointed out. This defence feels a little suss to me.

feelin good about leaving my vote on Sal for today

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Hey guys Nat's scum because he's advocating exactly what he said he'd advocate the previous day!

Also scum for actually providing reasons about why early lurker lunches are advantageous instead of just asserting it!

Christ.

The case on me such as it exists is nonsense.

The case on Sal about him being confused is ultimately a null tell.

I've seen Sal as scum get confused between scum and town abilities in Doki Doki Mafia club and I've also seen him get similarly confused in Fate Stay Night mafia because of weird night actions.

If there's more substance than that, I've missed it and I'll get it in my reread when I write up full cases tonight.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

SolusLunes posted:

second to last on a list of four
when scum team's probably at least three or more

friend I don't know what to say
if you think I'm wrong you don't need to argue the point with me today

it's probably more worth your while to tell us who else you think is scummy
you're also voting for dancer still and that makes me look at you funny

I think it's scummy as gently caress that someone little for all of D1, submitted an action, them proceeded to lurk all of D2??????? Do you realize how powerful that is? It's also suspect as loving hell that Dancer only started postig when their name started getting floated and it took either a mod poking or scumbros telling them to post.

At this point I'm voting dancer and that's pretty much it. So there is my loving case. What's to stop dancer from just lurking again and submitting night actions? Nothing.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

there doesn't seem too much substance to any case on anybody rn really, the confused thing is just the most concrete thing I can try and point at to explain a vague gutfeel

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Oh actually Sal not casing is a genuine scumtell on him usually. That's more substantive so I like that a fair bit better than the above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

its not just being confused?

That solus vote sal made start of day is susp as hell? Why would you start d2 with a policy lunch from a post made at the start of d1? It makes no sense from a town perspective.