Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Clarste posted:

I've actually found The Flood to be the least useful Jakobs I've found? It's a revolver with full auto which is nice I guess, but in exchange they took away a ton of the typical Jakobs stopping power, and it has so much recoil that it's hard to even take advantage of the full auto.

My favorite is probably Rowan's Call, which is a crank assault rifle that has elemental effects and both regains and bounces 2 bullets with every headshot. So I find I can just point it at the biggest guy's head and keep firing until everyone in the room is dead. The radiation version is especially fun.

I submit: The Wagon Wheel. It’s basically a Jakob’s revolver that has some extra ricochet, but it doesn’t seek enemies out like the standard ricochet. It’s got decent damage, but it’s nothing special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

great big cardboard tube posted:

Zane mains, what equipment are y'all digging and/or chasing?

I've got a corrosive Maliwan Cutsman smg that fires waves of elemental projectiles connected by laser wires. It doesn't fire very quickly but it piles on incredible damage very quickly through all the DoTs. Even cuts down Annointed in a couple of mags which is beyond impressive. I have a Projectile Recursion shotgun that fires single, quick long range blasts that bounce between targets that worked well for a few levels. I also have a Stormfront grenade that helps wipe shields in a huge area that my drone and hologram ever so helpfully throw every few seconds.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
My Zane just hit 30 and I’m having a little more trouble than my flak playthrough. What skill tree is solid for leveling? Been using blue cause I enjoy the move speed. Should I be using 1/2 skills or grenades?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

abaddonis posted:

I submit: The Wagon Wheel. It’s basically a Jakob’s revolver that has some extra ricochet, but it doesn’t seek enemies out like the standard ricochet. It’s got decent damage, but it’s nothing special.

My WW actually does this weird thing where shooting it onto an enforcers shield makes them melt in about 2-3 shots so that's pretty nice.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Is there a place that is good for class mods like there was in BL2 or is it all random again here still?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
What am I doing wrong if Captain Traunt feels utterly impossible as Fl4k on easy? My pet dies almost instantly, a lot of his attacks cover a huge area and seem undodgeable so I die fast up close, but if I run up onto the ledges I die even faster to the elemental balls. The adds love to hide up there so I have no way of clearing them or second winding most of the time. I have a maliwan lightning SMG that melts the shields on anything else and I shoot his weak point so I don't think it's a damage problem. I'm level 14 and he's 15 so I don't think I'm under leveled. I'm completely stumped. Nothing else in the game was a problem on normal difficulty.

On a related note I am extremely bitter that my only legendary so far was a weapon trinket.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Sep 24, 2019

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Sindai posted:

What am I doing wrong if Captain Traunt feels utterly impossible as Fl4k on easy? My pet dies almost instantly, a lot of his attacks cover a huge area and seem undodgeable so I die fast up close, but if I run up onto the ledges I die even faster to the elemental balls. The adds love to hide up there so I have no way of clearing them or second winding most of the time. I have a maliwan lightning SMG that melts the shields on anything else and I shoot his weak point so I don't think it's a damage problem. I'm level 14 and he's 15 so I don't think I'm under leveled. I'm completely stumped. Nothing else in the game was a problem on normal difficulty.

On a related note I am extremely bitter that my only legendary so far was a weapon trinket.

I was in the same position as you, same level and everything. I went back, leveled to 15, got a new gun and completely and utterly stomped his rear end on my next try. So....try that :)

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010
Been playing this a lot since it came out, really enjoying it.

I beat the main story and got to around 43 with Zane until I tapped out. I just couldn't get much going with him.

Started over as Moze, and killed stuff 3x faster. Her talents are just more focused on damage spamming.

Leveling with both Zane and Moze my allstar guns were Jakobs pistols and Jakobs Carbine rifles. The carbine rifles especially did most of the work. These things snipe better *off the hip* than a sniper rifle. I even "plinked" away bosses with it, especially the named ones with + to crit modifiers. The Torque sticky shotgun was overhyped.

Made it to around 35, did some mayhem1 sidequests, got the pipebomb, and farmed up Gravewarden with my network cable unplugged to get some legendaries to play around with.

Started TVHM on mayhem2 and I'm experimenting around with some things.

-Laserspolder seems tough to beat for an all purpose weapon.
-Flakker is fun, especially against dudes who take cover, not so great when people charge at you
-For corrosive weapons, Defrauding Crossroad (Hyperion SMG) and Venomous Hornet (Dahl pistol) seem to have potential
-Hellwaker is just fine

I found a pretty sweet Shield/Grenade combo, The Transformer and Stormfront. Transformer is from the Brain boss, it's 100% elec resist, converts 100% shock damage to shield, 40% chance to absorb bullets. Stormfront is an electric storm/mirv grenade. It crits a LOT and my Moze just keeps refilling grenades off it. Dont have to worry about friendly fire and zip around because of the 100% elec resists from the Transformer. I can throw it to take shields down and the mow down with a standard weapon.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Sindai posted:

If you stay to the sides the energy balls won't hit you, but you can also shoot them and they'll go away

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

If you stay to the sides the energy balls won't hit you, but you can also shoot them and they'll go away

There's also the cubby in the middle of the bottom floor that the balls don't go into. I hid out there most of the fight unless i needed to run around and grab ammo.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Talking about Captain Traunt: he definitely is the boss that drops the Doom shotgun, right? (boss loot spoilers.)

Mayhem mode took a bit of adjustment, but it's been kind of fun.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
One extremely good gun I haven't seen people mention is the L0V3M4CH1N3. It's a fire SMG that shoots 2 bullets in a heart pattern, it's extremely good up close due to this, I'm melting everyone with it.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Solumin posted:

Talking about Captain Traunt: he definitely is the boss that drops the Doom shotgun, right? (boss loot spoilers.)

It's world drop, so while any boss can drop it you should just go with whatever is the fastest for you.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Moze after killing Traunt: "Oh... was his name Traunt?"

Also I don't know why I did a full playthrough with punchy Amara when Moze can literally launch nukes from the Iron Bear.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

So I'm at 41 after finishing the game. Is there any way to get my undone sidequests to my level?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Floppychop posted:

So I'm at 41 after finishing the game. Is there any way to get my undone sidequests to my level?

They automatically get set to your level after you beat the game, iirc. Or maybe you have to turn on Mayhem mode.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Clarste posted:

They automatically get set to your level after you beat the game, iirc. Or maybe you have to turn on Mayhem mode.

Yeah, this is for true vault hunter mode, which is a toggle on the character select/load screen.

On TVHM everything is scaled to your level all of the time, even side quests. It makes a second playthrough a lot more fun since you don't have to worry about quests being irrelevant because you accidently overlevelled them or got sidetracked by other stuff. I've been doing TVHM at my own pace and with the extra skills and varied enemies, weapons, vehicles etc it's a lot more enjoyable. I'm trying to 100% everything and it's chill.

imo the ideal thing to do is blast through the story mode first, then do everything on TVHM.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

LostRook posted:

The next waypoint is beyond a door that won't open. Someone claims to have fixed it by retracing their steps, but it hasn't worked for me so far.

Do you mean the door to the 2nd (planet spoiler)Necrotafeyo map? I had that happen too but quitting out of the game and reloading fixed it.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I had Brick (Eden-6 spoiler) glitch out on me a couple of times and was unable to proceed with the quest and yeah, restarting fixed it. Was a bit of a pain in the rear end, but not a huge deal.

Also happy to see they've moved on from the rather problematic prison stuff in BL1/General Knox and the prison sequence in this one was fine. Despite the writing still being juvenile they really seem to be aware of, and have fixed, a lot of the problematic stuff to the extent that I'm actually surprised there hasn't been any noticable backlash against it from the usual suspects.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Sep 24, 2019

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I tried sunday to get the most broken objects from the game
Farming the same boss again and again did not worked for me

Could be that the loot tables changed / are different for different players I dunno

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
it's called rng

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Two Questions:

1) Is there a shared bank or stash that I'm missing so I can give stuff to my new characters?

2) Did they make that Game Testing quest as annoying as possible on purpose to tempt me to take cyanide to make it stop?

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Your stash/bank is in your cabin on Sanctuary

You can also store one of each weapon/mod type on the wall their, which isn't cross-character but can be useful for creating a little more space in your inventory if the bank is full and you're a hoarder.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Devorum posted:

Two Questions:

1) Is there a shared bank or stash that I'm missing so I can give stuff to my new characters?

2) Did they make that Game Testing quest as annoying as possible on purpose to tempt me to take cyanide to make it stop?

Yes to both

Picardy Beet
Feb 7, 2006

Singing in the summer.

Tei posted:

I tried sunday to get the most broken objects from the game
Farming the same boss again and again did not worked for me

Could be that the loot tables changed / are different for different players I dunno

Speaking about quite broken, I've looted a legendary class mod for Moze who give you up to 100% more explosion damage the longer you go without reloading. Just made a few kills with it, but it looked as ridiculous as it sounds, heads 'sploding with very few criticals ( and so refiling my mag). God I pray for a lvl 50 Flakker, this would be Torgue's wet dreams come true.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

it's called rng

Could be

In other news the porcelains grenades can oneshot captain traunt

1 grenade can delete a chaos 2 story boss

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

great big cardboard tube posted:

I have no idea what shield to look out for, I've been using a homing version of the grenade that heals you but haven't honestly been too impressed with it
Do you mean this nade?
or some epic garbage version?

I'm currently using a cloning hex on my Zane but I'm hunting for that one for mayhem survivability.

Shield-wise the stopgap is the best in the game right now. It grants 5 seconds of invulnerability upon shield break, which is generally plenty of time to find cover.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Tei posted:

In other news the porcelains grenades can oneshot captain traunt

1 grenade can delete a chaos 2 story boss

how is it that it doesn't (always) crash the game?

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Yea I got porcelain pipe bomb on my TVHM run (level 47) and I just don't see how it can stay the way it is. I'm just instant melting bosses entire health bars in seconds, completely game breaking.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Picardy Beet posted:

Speaking about quite broken, I've looted a legendary class mod for Moze who give you up to 100% more explosion damage the longer you go without reloading. Just made a few kills with it, but it looked as ridiculous as it sounds, heads 'sploding with very few criticals ( and so refiling my mag). God I pray for a lvl 50 Flakker, this would be Torgue's wet dreams come true.

There's a legendary Torgue rifle that fires bursts of 3 rockets with a large magazine and no alternate fire mode. (so no need to reload for more damage.) The Trip Bolt I think? I was underwhelmed, but it sounds perfect for that class mod.

Mailer posted:

It's world drop, so while any boss can drop it you should just go with whatever is the fastest for you.

Ah, ok, thanks! I'll probably go farm someone else then. He's not too hard but I did die a lot.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

To those asking where to get classmods/artifacts:

After farming Traunt and Gravedude for probably hundreds of cycles - and this is in no way any less anecdotal - Gravedude tends to drop more class/relics, Traunt more guns. Gravedude also drops a unique artifact (called Grave of course) that increases your damage as your hp decreases but it's merely okay.

Mind you this is mayhem three with the hotfix reverted for maximum bling. I have still yet to find a lifesteal artifact with a good secondary effect. Punchgirl is sad.

Currently I am bashing my head on Borman Nates trying to get a level 50 Psycho Stabber. Yay for a miniboss that doesn't reliably spawn.
---
Re the above Try-Bolt - I've found three of them and they all sucked. Three round burst rocket gun with no outstanding effects. Maybe something leverages it but its trash for Amara.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Sep 24, 2019

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
P H O T O

M O D E

(I like car combat)

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I took a load of photos in the photo mode and went to check them and discovered it doesn't disable the UI when hitting the take picture button, so they're all ruined. Lol

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I can't be the only one that would pay All Of The Money for a Typhon DLC and more so if he was a playable hunter.

What a schlep!

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

DarkDobe posted:

I can't be the only one that would pay All Of The Money for a Typhon DLC and more so if he was a playable hunter.

What a schlep!
Borderlands: The pre-pre sequel

"What a schmendrick!"

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Borderlands: The pre-pre sequel

"What a schmendrick!"

Not sure what he'd have (or needs) for action skills past his whip?
And bonus damage for shooting first.

Pandora Handshake: Deal 20/40/60/80/100% bonus damage with the first shot against any target that has not damaged you.

Oh and scaling defense - the bigger the enemy the more elusive he is against them.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Sep 24, 2019

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

DarkDobe posted:

What a schlep!

Yea he was, by a wide margin, my favorite character. I've never heard the word "schlep" before, but I like it. I use the word "schmuck" all the time and this is right up there with it.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Quaser grenades on Moze are hilarious , probably 2nd to the pipe bomb when it comes to brokeness. Definitely a big rear end gap between them.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Drakes posted:

Quaser grenades on Moze are hilarious , probably 2nd to the pipe bomb when it comes to brokeness. Definitely a big rear end gap between them.

I have a grenade I'd love to see a Moze use.

Its a Rain Firestorm.
Firestorm isn't that great but one that vomits out 3 more gremades that then vomit out fire? It looks like a napalm strike.

Sadly it only works outdoors because vertical deployment is hard to program apparently (the subminitions spawn inside the ceiling instead of... You know... Just running a trace upward and stopping below it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Quasar grenades trigger all her skills a lot, but they're kind of hideously weak? They barely tickle enemies in my experience. I definitely wouldn't put them on the same scale of brokenness as the pipe bomb.