Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Mozi posted:

i don't gotta buy my weed from nobody

The real weed was inside us all along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

poverty goat posted:

Vapebong is the way and the light. All glory to Vapebong

Dear god this is insanely good.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Massachusetts just banned vapes for four months, effective immediately

https://www.masslive.com/news/2019/...g-products.html

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Broken Machine posted:

Massachusetts just banned vapes for four months, effective immediately

https://www.masslive.com/news/2019/...g-products.html

i understand why people are concerned but straight up banning all vapes when cigarettes and alcohol are still legal, both of which kill way more people all the time, is very silly

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Earwicker posted:

i understand why people are concerned but straight up banning all vapes when cigarettes and alcohol are still legal, both of which kill way more people all the time, is very silly

Cigarettes take decades to kill you. Vape is putting people in hospitals in months/years. Alcohol probably shouldn’t be legal either, but that ship sailed before we were alive.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
I wasn't sure if the vapes issues were deliberate industrial sabotage but now that a republican has gone and shuttered the whole industry in a state it makes one wonder

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Earwicker posted:

America is built on overblown reactionary measures. Look at what happened in the aftermath of 9/11 where you can't walk into an airport without a random search if you look vaguely brown. A total ban on vapes in a state is only natural at this point.

I feel like lobbying is a strong motivation for this ban. Of course the tobacco and alcohol industries don't want vapes to take over, especially not of the THC varieties.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Of course the tobacco and alcohol industries don't want vapes to take over, especially not of the THC varieties.

thats surely part of it, but also big tobacco has been buying up all the vape companies

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Are glass mouthpieces or convection vapes more susceptible to moisture? I just got the boundless tera and it’s much different from the utillian. Moisture forms inside the short glass piece enough to drip into the bowl after 2-3 sessions. It also takes like 3-4 strong tokes to get the chamber heated up enough to start vapor production. All the tutorial videos show them doing like 2-3 cigar puffs to get the vapor going. The same weed in the utillian doesn’t produce moisture and is ready on the first puff. Could it be a defective unit? The vapor is like wispy and not nearly as effective.

It also does something weird where putting it on the water pipe adapter upside down heats the chamber up 5-10 degrees past the selected temperature.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Sep 25, 2019

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Anyone know of some good pipes with a sleek/stylish design? I don't like the classic 70's hippie glassbown look.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Earwicker posted:

thats surely part of it, but also big tobacco has been buying up all the vape companies

I feel like it’s their way to gain the monopoly on vape production rights so they can come out with new “safe” vapes and they’ll have control of all the production and distribution.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

The_Rob posted:

I feel like it’s their way to gain the monopoly on vape production rights so they can come out with new “safe” vapes and they’ll have control of all the production and distribution.

They don’t have that already?

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Wow look, apparently we can ban things that kill kids?????? I thought that was impossible and didn't help anyway?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

BigFactory posted:

Seeing as it’s still so new and unregulated there are a lot of random companies out there putting stuff out there. I think they’re just trying to starve the competition.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

BigFactory posted:

the market right now is flooded with cheap, chinesium vape carts and fake retail packaging so you can fill them with whatever and sell them on the black market as though they were real retail products and people are taking advantage of this to sell watered down homebrew carts with ??? in them. regulation is needed

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

poverty goat posted:

the market right now is flooded with cheap, chinesium vape carts and fake retail packaging so you can fill them with whatever and sell them on the black market as though they were real retail products and people are taking advantage of this to sell watered down homebrew carts with ??? in them. regulation is needed

https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/platinum-vape-cartridge-92a3-510-thread-1/451654541.html These look real close to legit packaging, I've seen them a few times before

https://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/vape+cartridge+packaging.html

https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/vape-cartridge-packaging-box.html

I'm sure I could find more but I'm lazy. So there have been people who've talked about what the poison product is, but not how it gets delivered.

Those above are generally made with inferior materials, meaning stuff like heavy metals, treatment material, organic matter, whatever the gently caress could be mixed in with your oil. Not only is the THC oil not tested or handled in a safe / responsible manner, but the vape carts these assholes are putting this poo poo into are ALSO TOXIC. So, buy your poo poo someone you trust. In a lot of states, that means a reputable med / rec dispensary. If you're in an illegal state, it's more of a gamble unless you can get your oil from someone you trust in syringes.

Anywho, gonna go buy more legit vape carts from the totally legit dispensary that opened like a mile from me this weekend. See y'all in weed lung heaven

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

nickhimself posted:

Wow look, apparently we can ban things that kill kids?????? I thought that was impossible and didn't help anyway?

AR-15 rifles are still sold where vapes will be illegal. :confused:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I think you'll find that there's no amendment that even comes close to guaranteeing anyone's right to bear vapes

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

New piece day yesterday, 12" straight pipe. My old bong got knocked off my deck when I swiveled my chair too close to it :(.

Came with the spoon there, can always have more. Still number one for convenience in smoking herb IMO.

And have already run some of this lovely Gelato through it.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I made the mistake of smoking kief last night and while it definitely helped me sleep I am burnt as hell. Must have been better poo poo in the grinder than the last time I did so. :weed:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Sup thread

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

:420: sup

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

bagmonkey posted:

Those above are generally made with inferior materials, meaning stuff like heavy metals, treatment material, organic matter, whatever the gently caress could be mixed in with your oil. Not only is the THC oil not tested or handled in a safe / responsible manner, but the vape carts these assholes are putting this poo poo into are ALSO TOXIC. So, buy your poo poo someone you trust. In a lot of states, that means a reputable med / rec dispensary. If you're in an illegal state, it's more of a gamble unless you can get your oil from someone you trust in syringes.

Anywho, gonna go buy more legit vape carts from the totally legit dispensary that opened like a mile from me this weekend. See y'all in weed lung heaven

Yup, ironically the vape bans are probably going to put more people in the hospital by pushing more and more people over to the black market outside of legal states. The one and only way to fix this problem is full federal legalization and strong regulation... but it's so much easier to throw meaningless softballs and ban stuff, right?

I'm just happy to be getting my stuff from a friend who buys straight from California dispensaries.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

poverty goat posted:

Not for nicotine vapes. The vast majority sold is fully co-opted by big tobacco. It could still be way worse for you than regular old smoking, and in 10 years we might all look back at vaping as something as dumb as putting asbestos filters in cigarettes. But saying big tobacco is trying to scare people into only using their “safe” vape products isn’t really true. They’re already using them. They just might not be safe, now or never.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

BigFactory posted:

Not for nicotine vapes.

The DIY nic vape scene is just as much of a wild west, if not more so. Absolutely nobody is making sure that the food flavorings in nic juice are safe long-term for the lungs and won't break down into anything nasty in your overclocked octo-coil robot cock, nor is anyone regulating the empty carts. There have in fact been a few cases of lipid pneumonia in past years which were attributed to residual vegetable oils in the vegetable glycol. The whole space is badly in need of regulation

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Sep 28, 2019

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Find your freedom in the music.
Find your Jesus, find your Kubrick.
I stopped smoking those black market carts a few months ago, and my lungs feel so much better. They got me through a summer when I had to smoke discreetly, and for that I am thankful, but I don’t plan on going back to them. Flower all the way.

Do any of y’all smoke with your parents (or adult kids?) My kid is in college, and will be twenty soon, and has opened up to me about starting to experiment with weed at school. They’re using mostly carts, and don’t *think* their friend has a medical card, so my guess is that they’re Danks or whatever trash I used to buy. It was super weird giving my kid a lecture about how flower is a safer option, and I want them to use that, responsibly of course, if they’re going to use cannabis. But the thing is, in a dorm, flower isn’t safe. People get in trouble for it all the time. My best advice was to smoke real weed, off campus only. But man, it’s cool being honest with them. Hiding part of my life for 19 3/4 years was straight up lame, and I am glad that they trust me enough to come to me with questions or concerns.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

if you vape flower it is somewhat more discreet and the smell is not quite the same as smoking it. definitely safer for dorm room use. maybe get your kid a pax or something?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

appleskates posted:

I stopped smoking those black market carts a few months ago, and my lungs feel so much better. They got me through a summer when I had to smoke discreetly, and for that I am thankful, but I don’t plan on going back to them. Flower all the way.

Do any of y’all smoke with your parents (or adult kids?) My kid is in college, and will be twenty soon, and has opened up to me about starting to experiment with weed at school. They’re using mostly carts, and don’t *think* their friend has a medical card, so my guess is that they’re Danks or whatever trash I used to buy. It was super weird giving my kid a lecture about how flower is a safer option, and I want them to use that, responsibly of course, if they’re going to use cannabis. But the thing is, in a dorm, flower isn’t safe. People get in trouble for it all the time. My best advice was to smoke real weed, off campus only. But man, it’s cool being honest with them. Hiding part of my life for 19 3/4 years was straight up lame, and I am glad that they trust me enough to come to me with questions or concerns.

My parents are in their mid 60s and when I was about 29-30 and smoking regularly, I opened up to them about it. Since then, I've gotten them legit carts and flower and edibles and all that jazz. It's definitely helped my mom with her shoulder pain and helped my dad be way more relaxed. I'm happy I can talk to them about it and that they are accepting. It's nice for us to just get stoned on Christmas Eve and drink a few beers and laugh our asses off.

Earwicker posted:

if you vape flower it is somewhat more discreet and the smell is not quite the same as smoking it. definitely safer for dorm room use. maybe get your kid a pax or something?

This is true, you can vape flower indoors with little / no residual smell. My girlfriend is very big about not smoking indoors and I can get away with flower vape most of the time. I'm totally with her about smoking flower indoors though, that poo poo is nasty.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Earwicker posted:

yeah, if you use pax with flower in a bathroom with vent and window open you can get away with it fine. I don't need to hide it but my husband doesn't like the smell so I've done a lot of stealth practicing. you can also feel for pressure differences around the edges of the door to make sure airs not getting constantly pulled out of the room

edit: I missed the dorm part; honestly if I was back in a dorm I'd stick with oil carts and/or edibles

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
lmao I just used my own advice, and like thirty seconds after I opened the jar my partner texted me that the house already smells like weed

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

poverty goat posted:

The DIY nic vape scene is just as much of a wild west, if not more so. Absolutely nobody is making sure that the food flavorings in nic juice are safe long-term for the lungs and won't break down into anything nasty in your overclocked octo-coil robot cock, nor is anyone regulating the empty carts. There have in fact been a few cases of lipid pneumonia in past years which were attributed to residual vegetable oils in the vegetable glycol. The whole space is badly in need of regulation

That’s not what most people do though. People go blind drinking moonshine, but most people don’t drink moonshine.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

BigFactory posted:

That’s not what most people do though. People go blind drinking moonshine, but most people don’t drink moonshine.

depends where you live

alcohol is a different beast entirely since its basically straight up poison and if you drink enough of it you will die, and that happens all the time, whether its moonshine or its state approved and sold by a major corporation, no amount of regulation is going to fix that

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Sep 29, 2019

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Old Boot posted:

A more exhaustive report is here, via Leafly, and they're continuously updating their FAQ about it. Weed industry is way more on top of this than officials are.

To wit:

https://twitter.com/davidrdowns/status/1177692181127032832

One of the brands listed in there is SMOK. As mentioned in the comments, SMOK is a hardware manufacturer. They have nothing to do with making juice.

Also, there's this:

https://twitter.com/davidrdowns/status/1177738442538549248

Identifies the counterfeit brands and the poo poo they're popping hot for.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

500 good dogs posted:

lmao I just used my own advice, and like thirty seconds after I opened the jar my partner texted me that the house already smells like weed

How do our partners have loving bloodhound senses when it comes to weed? There was one time I opened my one hitter two rooms over and I hear "Why does it smell like weed???" My poo poo ain't THAT good

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Also I went to the first dispensary in my city outside of Detroit, which is a kinda big deal, and it was like the Apple store for weed. Dude rang all my poo poo up on a tablet, they had little smelling stations for flower and product racks for everything else. A little pricey, but it's literally 5 minutes away.

Smoking off a Blue Dream cart now, it owns. Got lots of gummies too.

bagmonkey fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Sep 29, 2019

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

weed shouldnt be sold in a store it should be exchanged hand to hand discreetly.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Earwicker posted:

depends where you live

alcohol is a different beast entirely since its basically straight up poison and if you drink enough of it you will die, and that happens all the time, whether its moonshine or its state approved and sold by a major corporation, no amount of regulation is going to fix that

Regulation can go a long way to taking impurities out of products, a la moonshine, which could make dangerous products safer. This might be what’s going on with oil vaping right now. It’s also possible that oil vaping is just fundamentally unsafe, a la alcohol in general in your example, and the latency period for lung disease is much shorter than with combustion. We probably don’t have enough data on that yet.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Hell Yeah posted:

weed shouldnt be sold in a store it should be exchanged hand to hand discreetly.

A hand can only hold so much variety, bro. I don't want to have to visit multiple hands, seems like a bit of jerking around.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

BigFactory posted:

It’s also possible that oil vaping is just fundamentally unsafe, a la alcohol in general in your example, and the latency period for lung disease is much shorter than with combustion. We probably don’t have enough data on that yet.

are there any cases at all of people getting sick from actual tested carts from a legit dispensary? ive been following the cases pretty closely and unless im missing something they are all directly tied to black market carts that have vitamin e and/or traces of pesticides

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I think I figured out how to use my pod 3 but I'm not getting the same high as when I'm using carts. Any recommendations for a new flower vape?