Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Noslo posted:

Also, lol at soup "mix". Reminds me of the first time I had actual ranch dressing, then realized 90% of restaurants just mix a ranch flavor pack into some milk.

Wtf? No they dont. :lol: if you think you're gonna get servers to make batches of ranch by hand.

That stuff comes in 1 gallon bottles. Literally ranch by the gallon, and if the Ale House is still ordering the same, by the box, which is 4 gallons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Only good ranch dressing is a big 'ol belt buckle

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

DiggityDoink posted:

Awful food story time. I was just chopping some habaneros to put in my pickled onions and after washing my hands like 3 times, I went to the bathroom. I guess I didn't wash them enough because my dick is on fire right now, goddamn.
I've found hand soap to be a lie when it comes to spicey hand. I've started rubbing cooking oil on my hand first and then using the hand soap and it seems to work better.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

angerbeet posted:

e: this one features a bacon weave lattice and actual seasoning

https://hostthetoast.com/loaded-juicy-lucy-sheet-pan-sliders/

American style bacon is overrated and bacon weaves are loving nasty. If you want pork belly, just make some proper pork belly. Don't @ me.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zipperelli. posted:

Wtf? No they dont. :lol: if you think you're gonna get servers to make batches of ranch by hand.

That stuff comes in 1 gallon bottles. Literally ranch by the gallon, and if the Ale House is still ordering the same, by the box, which is 4 gallons.

I can't help but remember the bachelor goon that pulled out the bag from a boxed wine and duct taped it to his shower wall and drank from it like some demented drunken werehamster, but now instead of cheap wine it's ranch dressing. :barf:

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Tony Snark posted:

I can't help but remember the bachelor goon that pulled out the bag from a boxed wine and duct taped it to his shower wall and drank from it like some demented drunken werehamster, but now instead of cheap wine it's ranch dressing. :barf:

Holy poo poo this is an amazing visual.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

This sounds similar to Pasta Puttanesca, which is loving delicious, remove the mayo and add capers and I'm down.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

the mayo part of it sounds gross but what really set off my "what the gently caress" alarm was the thought of putting it on raisin bread. gnarly

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I have to wonder if I'm just in a bad area or something.

These things are awesome and now all of a sudden they're just totally disappearing off the shelves and I can't find them anywhere. Is this a me problem or something?

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

RareAcumen posted:

These things are awesome and now all of a sudden they're just totally disappearing off the shelves and I can't find them anywhere. Is this a me problem or something?

Move to Toronto, where stands in subway stations fight for the title of best Jamaican patty.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Every grocery store I ever went to had them when I lived in the US NE a year ago.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Eh, Philippe! Thees ees not so bad, oui?!

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

DariusLikewise posted:

Just another instance of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau in brownface smh

It's a local restaurant's tribute to him - the 'Justin Gateau'

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Elviscat posted:

Every grocery store I ever went to had them when I lived in the US NE a year ago.

I'm in NC and for some reason they've been impossible to find for like three weeks now. Just like this stuff

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

This sausage griller sure makes tasty looking sausages

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Worster.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

DiggityDoink posted:

Awful food story time. I was just chopping some habaneros to put in my pickled onions and after washing my hands like 3 times, I went to the bathroom. I guess I didn't wash them enough because my dick is on fire right now, goddamn.

This is one of the reasons nitrile gloves are essential kitchen equipment.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

zedprime posted:

I've found hand soap to be a lie when it comes to spicey hand. I've started rubbing cooking oil on my hand first and then using the hand soap and it seems to work better.

I've also found this to work well for making your hands less spicy as well, I think the capsaicin is more oil soluble. Normally I go oil, then washing up liquid because it gets the oil off better, then soap. That said if I know I'm prepping a lot of chillies then I nick some nitrile gloves from work to use.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

That would make sense in that I remember reading somewhere that the trick to getting capsaicin off your hands is to run your fingers through your hair!

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I have found that a thorough hand washing with dish soap does the trick.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I find that fondling your balls is a good option

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

McSpergin posted:

I find that fondling your balls is a good option

You think fondling my balls cures everything. I'm calling the police.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

RareAcumen posted:

I love these things, but I only ever see them at lower end grocery stores.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LifeSunDeath posted:

the best are the stores that have them warm in a hot box for like 75c-a buck per.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

LifeSunDeath posted:

They have them at my Kroger. I haven't had them in years and kinda want to try them again. You're right though, they're very a very Dollar General brand.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

DiggityDoink posted:

If you've never given yourself the ol' spicy dick you're not using enough chilis in your cooking.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why'd you give your own brother the ol' spicy dick??

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Tashilicious posted:

the best are the stores that have them warm in a hot box for like 75c- per bucket.

that's what I read and I'd like to believe this is true.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

gschmidl posted:

This sausage griller sure makes tasty looking sausages

If they don't release a 4 sausage version and call it the Even Wursterer I'll be disappointed.

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp

Solice Kirsk posted:

If they don't release a 4 sausage version and call it the Even Wursterer I'll be disappointed.

And one for single people called "Just the Wurst"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Let's write the company a letter!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Pretty sad gonna have to stop eating pork soon since the meat industry is going back to The Jungle level of non-regulation. All manner of tube meats are off the menu.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

Pretty sad gonna have to stop eating pork soon since the meat industry is going back to The Jungle level of non-regulation. All manner of tube meats are off the menu.

what

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Trump admin wants to get rid of pork regulations and let pork companies do all their own safety inspections and such.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Grand Fromage posted:

Trump admin wants to get rid of pork regulations and let pork companies do all their own safety inspections and such.

Good god are you serious? Even more poo poo lagoons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Croatoan posted:

Even more poo poo lagoons?

Weird way to spell innovation, but whatever