Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Retro Futurist posted:

I'd say Lois and Clark but nobody should be giving Dean Cain work

Wait, what did Dean Cain do?(other than 100 straight to DVD B movies)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dean Cain was Supergirl's Earth dad, so they've already given him work.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

sticksy posted:

Is Chloe Sullivan making a cameo in COIE?

I already said Allison Mack or bust, but I think she has some sentencing scheduling issues.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

He's a right wing chud.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

sticksy posted:

Not unless they film very close to her house.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
Seriously would kill if David Manouz/Sean Pertwee was in. Would mess murder for Donal Logue

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Get Sean Young to play a retired Catwoman.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Slightly less bad Kevin Sorbo

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Surely Justin Hartley must be the final stone on the gauntlet.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
So Brandon Routh is playing Ray Palmer and (a) Superman, but you know what would make me mark out on a whole new level?

If he also gets to play Ted Kord, the Blue Beetle, as was originally intended for Season 3 of Arrow. And hey, Blue Beetle was featured prominently in the original Crisis on Infinite Earths!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrianWilly posted:

Surely Justin Hartley must be the final stone on the gauntlet.

He's making network money in This Is Us and he's spoken unfavorably about his Smallville time so I'm doubtful he'll show up.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

He's making network money in This Is Us and he's spoken unfavorably about his Smallville time so I'm doubtful he'll show up.

That's just because Allison Mack kept taking him to weird parties.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Also they need to tap in Jensen Ackles as Batman or there's no God.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

Also they need to tap in Jensen Ackles as Batman or there's no God.

More likely to be Jason Todd

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

More likely to be Jason Todd

He's too old for that poo poo now. He was hanging out with Amell so much that the rumor started that he'd pop up in the AV as Bruce.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Get Michael Keaton for Batman

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Get Keanu for US Constantine

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sticksy posted:

Have Pete show up and retcon it so he did all the cool things Chloe did.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gaz-L posted:

Have Pete show up and retcon it so he did all the cool things Chloe did.

He's got a criminal record as well so I doubt he's getting a call.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
gently caress it, just get John Glover to play Chloe. (Incidentally, I howled with laughter seeing him basically playing Lionel Luthor again in Shazam)

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They should mention Chloe became evil and is in prison now because she was a member of a cult... Intergang.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Man, wasn't there a theory in the Smallville fandom that Chloe would actually turn out to be Lois or something dumb like that? That would have been awkward.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

Man, wasn't there a theory in the Smallville fandom that Chloe would actually turn out to be Lois or something dumb like that? That would have been awkward.

I think the thought in the early seasons was that Lois was going to end up being a pseudonym she used for her writing. They did an episode early on where she met Perry, played by husband-of-Annette-O'Toole Michael McKean, that seemed to be setting it up. In the end they did the same thing as Felicity and just made her an off-brand Oracle. (And I think Dr Fate eventually?)

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I could have sworn she actually used the name, or at least, explicitly showed that she might. IIRC wasn't it like one season before they actually added Lois? It's pretty much where the rumor came from. It wasn't some dumb fan speculation, I thought they specifically made it a plot point that they quickly dropped.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wait Felicity was Dr Fate??

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No, Chloe was.

ToastyPotato posted:

I could have sworn she actually used the name, or at least, explicitly showed that she might. IIRC wasn't it like one season before they actually added Lois? It's pretty much where the rumor came from. It wasn't some dumb fan speculation, I thought they specifically made it a plot point that they quickly dropped.

Yeah she used the name Lois Lane as a pseudonym in an early season.

I don't know if the show had established that Lois was her cousin at that point or if it actually was a thing where they were considering making Chloe into her though.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Sep 23, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh yea, Chloe got the Helm of Osiris briefly.

Remember when Smallville had Darksied in the final season and all Clark had to do was fly through him to defeat him?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They were out of money, what else was he gonna do.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If there's one thing comic fans love, it's major, world ending villains being turned into clouds

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

quote:

Season 8 of The CW's Arrow will host a backdoor pilot to a spinoff series centered on a new Green Arrow (Mia Smoak) and The Canaries (Laurel Lance and Dinah Drake). This news comes not long after CW President Mark Pedowitz revealed the network was looking to adapt a new DC property for 2020/2021.

https://www.cbr.com/arrow-spinoff-canaries-mia-smoak-new-green-arrow/

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

x-post from the Arrow thread:

Rosenbaum has said that yes, he was asked but he turned it down.

quote:

“I’ll just be straight up about this,” the actor wrote, addressing fans of the show. “WB called my agents Friday afternoon when I was in Florida visiting my grandfather in a nursing home. Their offer: No script. No idea what I’m doing. No idea when I’m shooting. Basically no money.”

“And the real kick in the rear end,” he continued “‘We have to know now.’ My simple answer was ‘Pass.’ I think you can understand why.”

Trailer for the final season
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb9YqIqkcN4

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I haven't seen this last season. Do they have time travel shenanigans to explain how who I assume is Felicity and Oliver's kid will be old enough?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Aphrodite posted:

I haven't seen this last season. Do they have time travel shenanigans to explain how who I assume is Felicity and Oliver's kid will be old enough?

It was a flash forward story last season, so I'd assume the new show would continue to be Arrow Beyond.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, last season had flash forwards and dealt with grown up William coming back to Star City after 21 years where he ran into characters in old people make up like Roy, Dinah, Renee's grown up daughter, Renee in a bad wig doing a white people voice, Conor Hawke (who is Diggle's adopted son) and a new character called "Blackstar" who was revealed to be Mia Smoke.

Edit: Also there's a whole thing about John Jr becoming the leader of a Deathstroke gang.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Sep 25, 2019

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I can’t imagine them doing a whole show with Dinah and other Dinah being 21 years older though.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Wouldn't surprise me if the crisis event creates time travel shenanigans

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Rhyno posted:

They're going balls to the wall with this. Where's the Tim Daly and Dana Delany announcements?

Looks like he said no

https://ew.com/tv/2019/09/24/smallville-alum-michael-rosenbaum-not-playing-lex-luthor-crisis-on-infinite-earths-crossover/

whoops. looks like you change your post as I quoted you. That was for why Rosenbaum isn't in it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

badjohny posted:

Looks like he said no

https://ew.com/tv/2019/09/24/smallville-alum-michael-rosenbaum-not-playing-lex-luthor-crisis-on-infinite-earths-crossover/

whoops. looks like you change your post as I quoted you. That was for why Rosenbaum isn't in it.

Uh, my post was from 5 days ago.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Uh, my post was from 5 days ago.

Well...we are dealing with shows that deal in time travel. I can only assume you are the flash.

(I think I looked at the person's post above/after you and thought it was yours when I hit quote).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
womp womp. well, maybe Marvel Studios will do something with the IP now

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1176943520860594176