Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Further reinforcing my belief that this is the smartest move CIG has made in five years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Sarsapariller posted:

Further reinforcing my belief that this is the smartest move CIG has made in five years

If they drive Lethality from the game it would double the chances that SC will actually get made!

2x0=0

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

In a normal game, the way to have two opposing in-game items battle it out would be to.. uh... actually battle it out... in the game?

Or are they literally just typing it all out on twitter, and then ending with - wow everyone really likes ship A over ship B, let's give it up for ship A!!!!1 Also ship A is now on sale for a limited time offer of 110% of it's regular price.

Ship B is ALSO ON SALE ! YAY!!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what do you all think of https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3899653

actually looks unironically good

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

eonwe posted:

what do you all think of https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3899653

Does it have ramps?
Can you clip seamlessly through the floor?
Is there enough argon?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

eonwe posted:

I'm glad it's coming out, I think I backed it years ago. Looks like fun for a weekend, and extremely pretty. Mechanically it seems a little thin? Like it's got some good ideas but I don't see a lot of depth to the small fighter gameplay. Hopefully it gets a good playerbase and they continue to add to it over time.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Zaphod42 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z9X-EQEQDQ

Its soooooo bad, what the gently caress Blizzard

Massive cringe

Smoking inside your helmet seems like a terrible idea. You be blowing smoke in your own eyes. And what happens if your cigar burns to the end before you get to a place where it is safe to open your helmet and spit it out?

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

skeletors_condom posted:

In the first 20 second or so, I felt a tinge of nostalgia; I was thinking maybe I should play the campaign or watch all the cutscenes on YT. Figure out what happened since SC/BW. Then I finished watching the vid. I have zero desire to find out more about SC2 story.

That was terrible.

To be fair, Blizzard tended to be iffy on the storyline back in the day. The readouts between maps in Warcraft 2 were nothing special. D1/D2 were also mediocre in terms of story. SC/BW was decent, still not as good as C&C or even Red Alert 1.

Consider that that cutscene is from the end of wings of liberty, which from the people I know is considered the high point of SC2. I didn't mind much of the rest of the campaign (of WoL) but especially from what I know of Heart of the Swarm...it just feels like they were flying by the seat of their pants the entire time. It's the type of story you expect from a manga where the writer is potentially working on a weekly deadline and has no idea what to do next but has to eat just like everyone else (And also has an editor nixing random plotlines for dubious reasons).

Pilz fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Sep 26, 2019

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Facebook Aunt posted:

Smoking inside your helmet seems like a terrible idea. You be blowing smoke in your own eyes. And what happens if your cigar burns to the end before you get to a place where it is safe to open your helmet and spit it out?

You chew it like a true space cowboy.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

If they drive Lethality from the game it would double the chances that SC will actually get made!

2x0=0

I wonder what it must be like to be Lethality. To constantly live in a cycle of hype and then dissapointment.

I also wonder if publishers quake in fear at the thought of Lethality taking an interesting their game:

Publisher: Sorry guys, we have to stop development of the game.
Dev: What?! Why?! Its going so well!
Publisher: Lethality has tweeted that he is hyped for the game. Our stock just plummeted by 50%.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Facebook Aunt posted:

Tbh, that's the part that bothers me the least, since it's more of a funny nod than a "serious issue". It's to be taken with tongue in cheek, kinda like in Peculiarities of the National Fishing you have Michalich smoking while underwater:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Agony Aunt posted:

I wonder what it must be like to be Lethality. To constantly live in a cycle of hype and then dissapointment.

I also wonder if publishers quake in fear at the thought of Lethality taking an interesting their game:

Publisher: Lethality has tweeted that he is hyped for the game. Our stock just plummeted by 50%.

Reminder that Amazon invited Lethality to their games studio so he could give input on their weird colonial MMO where the natives are zombies instead of natives.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sandweed posted:

Reminder that Amazon invited Lethality to their games studio so he could give input on their weird colonial MMO where the natives are zombies instead of natives.

I think we all know where the Amazon game studios are heading by now :D

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/991663064679419904

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Agony Aunt posted:

Elite Dangerous and No Man's Sky have been lucky that Lethality hasn't liked them

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

I didn't know that Lethality is so ill-famed. His game recommendations are avoided like leper's handshakes.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
So apparently the answer to the question how many Lumberyard games are released is one consoles-only racing game developed and published in-house by Amazon Game Studios.

All whole eight of the rest of the titles are either still TBA or cancelled.

Things are looking good.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Also Denis Dyack is making one...!

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Dogeh posted:

Does it have ramps?
Can you clip seamlessly through the floor?
Is there enough argon?

I backed this one in kickstarter with the lowest pledge. so no beta/alpha for me, I am waiting for it to go live.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Also Denis Dyack is making one...!

Didn't know he has also made a comeback!

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Quavers posted:

Elite Dangerous and No Man's Sky have been lucky that Lethality hasn't liked them

Yeah, FD and Helo Games dodged a bullet there.

I think i'm now going to have nightmares of Lethality tweeting that he's hyped for Fleet Carriers in ED. That will be the knell of doom for them.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Agony Aunt posted:

I think i'm now going to have nightmares of Lethality tweeting that he's hyped for Fleet Carriers in ED. That will be the knell of doom for them.

If they're implemented as badly as the recent patch (EDIT: update), it won't be needing Lethality's inverse Midas touch to turn them to poo poo.

Jonny Shiloh fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Sep 26, 2019

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jonny Shiloh posted:

If they're implemented as badly as the recent patch (EDIT: update), it won't be needing Lethality's inverse Midas touch to turn them to poo poo.

Oh, there will be bugs, most definitely. That's practically a feature of FD's updates.

Its more a question of how they will be after FD have spent a few weeks ironing out the bugs.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

I watched a video of the Dual Universe devs talking about their latest alpha. They reworked the flight model and controls to make them easier to use, more fun, and more engaging, particularly for low level flight and hovercraft. This includes making it more apparent how it interacts with the ships you are building yourself, like lift from wings and thruster position. Then they talked about their 'first implementation' of their environmental audio system which seemed fairly complete to this viewer. If only they understood game development more they would have added in mandatory Auto-Hover from ArmA and a 'tier zero' implementation of environmental audio which was just a proof of concept with manually tuned sound files on a single ship.

EminusSleepus posted:

I backed this one in kickstarter with the lowest pledge. so no beta/alpha for me, I am waiting for it to go live.

I think even the lowest tier backers are getting Steam keys for the early access launch this weekend.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hazamuth posted:

Well, he got on the Erin Robert's diet so now there is much more of him to comeback with!

Don't do scammy game development kids. Ruins your pancreas, among other things.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Hazamuth posted:

You would be forgiven for not knowing. It's a F2P action RPG leaning heavily on his Legacy of Kain roots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMotVIbyk1w

It is clearly early in development, like proof-of-concept stage, but even for that, it looks... Real bad. The only notable thing about it is that he managed to worm his way into Amazon funding it. well I'm just assuming Amazon is funding it, I don't know that. I assume that's the only reason you'd ever use the Lumberyard engine.

Edit: what the gently caress is this

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Sep 26, 2019

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

You would be forgiven for not knowing. It's a F2P action RPG leaning heavily on his Legacy of Kain roots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMotVIbyk1w

It is clearly early in development, like proof-of-concept stage, but even for that, it looks... Real bad. The only notable thing about it is that he managed to worm his way into Amazon funding it. well I'm just assuming Amazon is funding it, I don't know that. I assume that's the only reason you'd ever use the Lumberyard engine.

Edit: what the gently caress is this

Got a Heaven's Gate quality to the filmography

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1177259186381418496

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
CIG hanging around conventions and passing it off like they're attending as a Dev company is still probably my favourite part of this whole thing, it's just so sad.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

How soon until they're at convention parking lots holding up signs in cardboard asking for pledges?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Oh darn. I'm only going on Sunday, so I'll miss them. What a shame.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

lmao so every reply is deleted.

What a scam.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

So, what would happen if someone made a separate thread to ask the question?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Hideo Kojima clearly knows nothing about building a new studio, getting devs to learn an engine, and game development. Death Stranding must have been in development for 8+ years like normal AAA games! :argh:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FailureToReport posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n599Yhwacic

I did a thing, because I need attention.......and because I can't stop laughing at how many backers still haven't realized this ship is one giant troll-machine. The only thing better is CIG in spectrum chat trying to play it down.

I don't normally post my own crap anywhere, but I really wanna hurry this hornet's nest up versus waiting for backers to have their light bulb moment over due time.

Ahahaha every time I think I know how bad SC is, they surprise me and they're even worse

Elite is already everything SC could ever hope to be

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

It’s funny to see at what points Citizens will draw the line at and finally get angry at CIG. This registers at about a 1 on the Crobbler Scale of Sleaze.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Agony Aunt posted:

So, what would happen if someone made a separate thread to ask the question?

Moved to 'Concern', to be forgotten about.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

A few SC videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlmuYfHEcJM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HpDr1lCVrQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdWHN8ZBND0

:laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

FailureToReport posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n599Yhwacic

I did a thing, because I need attention.......and because I can't stop laughing at how many backers still haven't realized this ship is one giant troll-machine. The only thing better is CIG in spectrum chat trying to play it down.

I don't normally post my own crap anywhere, but I really wanna hurry this hornet's nest up versus waiting for backers to have their light bulb moment over due time.

I had no idea that their Quantum drive thing was just Tradelanes from Freelancer in disguise.