Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rhyno posted:

One of the three (announced) has to be evil. Law of averages.

We've already got a Cyborg Superman, so put Brandon Routh in a Steel suit (I'm not happy about the whitewashing, but working with who's available it works as an alt-U version of his Atom motivation), make Tyler Hoechlin a clone, and Tom Welling can be the corpse piloted by an ancient Kryptonian fascist AI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The internet (FB) has already decided this is leading to a Smallville revival.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Smallville became a pretty good show somewhere around season 6 or so; but good god have comic book shows on TV come a long way since. Returning to that universe would feel really, really weird. And of course you'd have to kill off the sex trafficker.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Smallville becomes watchable once Durance joins the cast. Seasons 7-10 are almost good but Welling's attitude about putting on the suit sticks out a lot. But his chemistry with Durance was wonderful.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Bruceski posted:

We've already got a Cyborg Superman, so put Brandon Routh in a Steel suit (I'm not happy about the whitewashing, but working with who's available it works as an alt-U version of his Atom motivation), make Tyler Hoechlin a clone, and Tom Welling can be the corpse piloted by an ancient Kryptonian fascist AI.

I'd be cool with this. Besides, they already "black-washed" Cyborg Superman so it kind of works. Also, while Lucifer season 3 is probably the crappiest season, I thought Welling did a decent job with his character, who wasn't exactly "Mr. Nice Guy."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah lets not lie and say Smallville got good. It got better. It was still frustrating in its later years and looks REAL bad looking back even from Arrow's first season. Its just that sometime around Iron Man, Nolan/Bale's Batman, and Raimi/Maguire's Spider-Man Smallville realized its ok to be a comic book show.

Necrotizer F posted:

I'd be cool with this. Besides, they already "black-washed" Cyborg Superman so it kind of works. Also, while Lucifer season 3 is probably the crappiest season, I thought Welling did a decent job with his character, who wasn't exactly "Mr. Nice Guy."

Oh good, its not just me getting sick of the formula.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Also Justin Hartley's GA suit is loving atrocious.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Like to think of the level we complain about the Arrowverse spending too much energy on melodrama and not enough just being a fun comic book and to look back at Smallville when it shifted the scales to maybe 50/50 if we're being generous.

Remember Smallville's Doomsday?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Smallville's D-Day was just insultingly bad. And like, Clark shoved him under the bay and they never see him again?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Like to think of the level we complain about the Arrowverse spending too much energy on melodrama and not enough just being a fun comic book and to look back at Smallville when it shifted the scales to maybe 50/50 if we're being generous.

Remember Smallville's Doomsday?

Wasn’t smallvilles doomsday played by Sam Witwer, one of the main bad guys in supergirl last year?

Also, smallvilles creators stopped making the show in season six and then it got so much better.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yes, Agent Liberty was Doomsday.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And he killed NOT-Jimmy Olsen.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

STAC Goat posted:

Oh good, its not just me getting sick of the formula.

Maybe they tweaked things a bit for Season 4, but they seemed to keep much the same formula. That said, they tightened up the writiing and pacing considerably while not forcing any character to hold the idiot ball. Season 4 was very much a return to form for the show and makes me a little sad that Season 5 will be the last one.

That said, back in Season 3 I had to choose between Lucifer and Legends of Tomorrow and I am so glad I picked LoT back then because Luci apparently turned to utter poo poo with a few standout performances.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Necrotizer F posted:

That's, uh, not how whitewashing works. It's not the "take a penny" jar at a 7-11.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Necrotizer F posted:

Maybe they tweaked things a bit for Season 4, but they seemed to keep much the same formula. That said, they tightened up the writiing and pacing considerably while not forcing any character to hold the idiot ball. Season 4 was very much a return to form for the show and makes me a little sad that Season 5 will be the last one.

That said, back in Season 3 I had to choose between Lucifer and Legends of Tomorrow and I am so glad I picked LoT back then because Luci apparently turned to utter poo poo with a few standout performances.

I basically started watching it on Netflix because the cast is impossibly pretty, I wanted something kind of light for when I'm doing stuff, and I think Inbar Lavi was great in Imposters (and impossibly pretty) so I was curious to see her in something else. The first two seasons were ok. Not really great but it felt like a bit more than a procedural cop show and I could kind of see those Gaiman roots in it in somewhere. But S3 just dragged me until I kind of just lost interest. I think I have a few more episodes of the season to finish so I should and get to Inbar. But I groan every time I see it in my Netflix queue.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Lucifer season 4 good, though.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Bruceski posted:

That's, uh, not how whitewashing works. It's not the "take a penny" jar at a 7-11.

I know, but it's not something I care much about. If they did a movie that had Idris Elba literally being Black Superman (on, in this case, Superman) that would rock. I'd love it. As far as ethnicity and gender goes, I think that overall it's more important to have non-whites and non-males representing in the writers' room or director's chair. Beyond that I admit that I really don't care about the race of the actor who plays the character that Shaq played in a crappy movie from 20+ years ago.

STAC Goat posted:

I basically started watching it on Netflix because the cast is impossibly pretty, I wanted something kind of light for when I'm doing stuff, and I think Inbar Lavi was great in Imposters (and impossibly pretty) so I was curious to see her in something else. The first two seasons were ok. Not really great but it felt like a bit more than a procedural cop show and I could kind of see those Gaiman roots in it in somewhere. But S3 just dragged me until I kind of just lost interest. I think I have a few more episodes of the season to finish so I should and get to Inbar. But I groan every time I see it in my Netflix queue.

Just go on to Season 4. There'll be a recap to catch you up to the current situation and that should honestly be good enough. I did note that Season 4 made a bit of an effort to repair, redo or just flatly ignore some of the stupider stuff from Season 3. And if you decide you just have to see it, it'll still be there on Netflix.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There are returning character spoilers on Instagram so be careful if you like to be surprised.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Given the casting news so far I'm going to guess without looking and say "all of them". This is basic cable Endgame.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm so dumb about navigating social media that I couldn't find spoilers if I tried.

And I know that to be true because I tried and I got nothing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TwoPair posted:

Given the casting news so far I'm going to guess without looking and say "all of them". This is basic cable Endgame.

It appears to be unrelated to Crisis.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Add the Huntress to the crossover:

https://twitter.com/ashleyscott/status/1177376444302815232?s=20

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

hell yeah she's finally getting out of whatever hole they threw her in after her last appearance

I hope she puts a crossbow bolt in ollie's stupid shoulder just for old time's sake

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

hell yeah she's finally getting out of whatever hole they threw her in after her last appearance

I hope she puts a crossbow bolt in ollie's stupid shoulder just for old time's sake

Different Huntress. This is the one from the Birds of Prey show from the 00s.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

Different Huntress. This is the one from the Birds of Prey show from the 00s.

well I still hope she puts a crossbow bolt in ollie's shoulder so there

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
See now they're getting my hopes up. Dina Meywr or bust!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

At this point it'd be easier to list who's NOT showing up.

Michael Rosenbaum.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Allison Mack.

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

Christopher Reeve

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Kevin Spacey.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Grillfiend posted:

Christopher Reeve

You say that, but I've seen people saying that they should digitally de-age Lynda Carter and digitally resurrect Christopher Reeve and Adam West and have them on screen together as Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lynda Carter doesn't need to be de aged.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Adam West coming back as a different old Bruce Wayne would be lmao.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Bruceski posted:

At this point it'd be easier to list who's NOT showing up.

Michael Rosenbaum.

I honestly have no idea how this would work with John Cryer in the crossover as Lex as well. Then again, how's it going to work with not 1, but THREE different Supermen??

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Vietnamwees posted:

I honestly have no idea how this would work with John Cryer in the crossover as Lex as well. Then again, how's it going to work with not 1, but THREE different Supermen??

Alternate universes. That's the whole thing about the Crisis where it's basically the Multiverse in one big mess.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Both Erica Durance and Elizabeth Tulloch are appearing as Lois Lane.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I really want smallville Green arrow. They’ve gone this far, come on.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He's notoriously a dick and talked poo poo about Arrow. Plus he makes network money now.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Helen Slater as movie Supergirl please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Rhyno posted:

Both Erica Durance and Elizabeth Tulloch are appearing as Lois Lane.

I want Teri Hatcher as Lois Lane, with everyone mistaking her for Mon-El's mum. Even people who should have no idea who that is.