Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Groovelord Neato posted:

i;m glad i'm not the only one who had this takeaway.

I swim with my Apple Watch on to log calories burned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

SeANMcBAY posted:

lmao

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I had never played a MGS game before but I put 120 hours into V

The gameplay was super addictive

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

nice dude

Serf
May 5, 2011

Trabandiumium posted:

ok but 61 is probably the best one

adding it to the list

mgs chat: 5 rules, there's actually not a bad mgs game. 2 is still the unintentional rosetta stone for understanding the 21st century and everyone should play it

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

FlamingLiberal posted:

I had never played a MGS game before but I put 120 hours into V

The gameplay was super addictive

same. then I quit when the stupid teleporting zombies made their appearance.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Also to post while in the pool.:smug:

Of course Ben would be that kind of guy.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 28, 2019

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

uber_stoat posted:

They are not a huge threat once you have the right weapons

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I tried to play MGS2, but it did not do well with a habit of being extremely stoned whenever conscious.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

T-man posted:

I tried to play MGS2, but it did not do well with a habit of being extremely stoned whenever conscious.

This was my experience with Dead Rising 2, where I somehow got drunk enough I forgot how to hold a controller

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Serf posted:

adding it to the list

mgs chat: 5 rules, there's actually not a bad mgs game. 2 is still the unintentional rosetta stone for understanding the 21st century and everyone should play it

How is it "unintentional"?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Chexoid posted:

Will introducing a game he really loves on the newest Left Trigger is very pure and adorable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTrZjt1eJco

smdh will not knowing there was already a re1 remaster years ago that basically updated the game to 360/ps3 era graphics but not changing the gameplay too much overall except for extra content

it might have even been xbox/ps2 era graphics but still a big jump from the original ps1 shite

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Serf posted:

adding it to the list

I hope kojima's prophetic powers don't extend to Death Stranding this time

rather not deal with that vision of the future

Serf
May 5, 2011

Gripweed posted:

How is it "unintentional"?

it came out like a month after 9/11 and yet pretty much predicts a terror attack on nyc and how it would break the world. unless kojima knew something we didn't know :tinfoil:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

uber_stoat posted:

You put 120 hours in then quit on mission, like, 12? :confused:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Wolfsheim posted:

You put 120 hours in then quit on mission, like, 12? :confused:

not quite that much time, but yeah, I didn't do much of the story missions, I just did the repeatable missions over and over because I like sneaking around and being army man more than I care about the dumb story.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
replaying mgs2 recently it's quite a dumb and boring story until you get to Arsenal Gear. kojima's storytelling chops stepped up in 3, then vanished in 4.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

4 is good

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

snoremac posted:

replaying mgs2 recently it's quite a dumb and boring story until you get to Arsenal Gear. kojima's storytelling chops stepped up in 3, then vanished in 4.

You're a fool.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Fatman's fun.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

joedevola posted:

The interface is so janky too. Japanese people loving love nested menus.

Japanese menus are pretty bad but they're way better than the absolutely baffling decision by western devs to make terrible Destiny style cursor UIs in console games a widespread feature

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Metal Gear Survive, the one where you are teleported to a land where everybody has boners coming out of their skulls and you have to set up chain link fence and poke at the boners with a stick to stop them is the only canon MGS game.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

snoremac posted:

There's a pretty good theory that the "storytelling chops" were never really Kojima. There's someone named Tomokazu Fukushima who's credited for writing on 1-3, Ghost Babel, and the Ac!d games, and then disappeared. So MGS4 was the first time he wasn't involved.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
you people are just too dumb to understand metal gear

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

sleeptalker posted:

There's a pretty good theory that the "storytelling chops" were never really Kojima. There's someone named Tomokazu Fukushima who's credited for writing on 1-3, Ghost Babel, and the Ac!d games, and then disappeared. So MGS4 was the first time he wasn't involved.

Oh yeah, the guy who wrote the Ac!d games, clearly that's the dude with the loving skills. We all know about the compelling plots and memorable characters of Metal Gear Ac!d and Metal Gear Ac!d 2. Clearly the guy behind those loving masterclasses of video game writing was the guy bringing it all to the table in Metal Gear Solids 1-3.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Sex Tragedy posted:

you people are just too dumb to understand metal gear

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

watching SNL and drat it sucks

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Videogames are art, books are art, therefore videogames are books and should not be read. Your the real stupid here. :smug:

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Oh yeah, the guy who wrote the Ac!d games, clearly that's the dude with the loving skills. We all know about the compelling plots and memorable characters of Metal Gear Ac!d and Metal Gear Ac!d 2. Clearly the guy behind those loving masterclasses of video game writing was the guy bringing it all to the table in Metal Gear Solids 1-3.

They're decently written but nobody played them because of the card game thing, HTH

Kojima's a good big ideas guy, but he can't write a character.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
The new "predicted the future" game moment was in Persona 5 when you and your friends expose the populist nativist candidate for prime minister as a murderous corrupt villain and no one cares at all and he still wins easily.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Chexoid posted:

The new "predicted the future" game moment was in Persona 5 when you and your friends expose the populist nativist candidate for prime minister as a murderous corrupt villain and no one cares at all and he still wins easily.

It's okay cuz I think at the end of it all you just you know you sign a petition and that fixes all your personal problems. see working in the system worked it's all fine in the end. God the ending in Persona 5 is just a loving sad sad wet fart

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

KoRMaK posted:

watching SNL and drat it sucks

Woody Harrelson did an eerily good Joe Biden, I thought

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
that feel when you go on twitter and Dan Quinn is trending but it turns out it's some dumb football coach.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

sleeptalker posted:

They're decently written but nobody played them because of the card game thing, HTH

Kojima's a good big ideas guy, but he can't write a character.

I played both Ac!d games multiple times

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/stefanmolyneux/status/1178197698790461440?s=21

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's okay cuz I think at the end of it all you just you know you sign a petition and that fixes all your personal problems. see working in the system worked it's all fine in the end. God the ending in Persona 5 is just a loving sad sad wet fart

To be fair the thing that actually gets you out of prison is the group finding the woman who the bad guy originally assaulted and convincing her to testify on what actually happened. The petition scene is just one dude (who throughout the game was portrayed as a loser) doing something. Although it was dumb still especially with one character coming out of their entire experience with "I wanna be a cop and change the system from the inside!"

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I remember Persona 5 ending with me shooting an avatar of authoritarianism in the face and then going on a road trip

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

AnEdgelord posted:

I remember Persona 5 ending with me shooting an avatar of authoritarianism in the face and then going on a road trip

Between those two things you turn yourself in to the police because they'd frame you and all of your friends otherwise, and then you go to jail for a couple months while your friends all do stuff to work within the system to try and get you out.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...

having a concept of vanity that only pertains to physical beauty is peak Molyneux

I wish my boy Sargon were slightly more deranged/vulnerable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Baofu had the right idea about working within the system in Persona.

That is to say, don't.