Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
After spending ages trying to kill Agonizer 9000, having to go back to Sanctuary to get different guns and then go through the whole map again, this is the entirety of what they dropped:

:mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Fleetwood Crack posted:

How does it hold up in mayhem 3?

if you have all the right stuff for it, it works extremely well.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

CURSED

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Nfn8CWRgUlvzxubKfjUKT6rKQc9dF-v/view

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Man, computers are so strange. Yesterday I was on a Ryzen 2700x, running the game in DX12, and it had 90+ fps at basically all times at max graphics (save for volumetric fog and screen space reflections which annihilate performance). Comparatively DX11 ran at maybe 70 or so. Today I am on a Ryzen 3700x and now DX12 runs at 60-ish and DX11 runs at almost 120. :iiam:

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Man, computers are so strange. Yesterday I was on a Ryzen 2700x, running the game in DX12, and it had 90+ fps at basically all times at max graphics (save for volumetric fog and screen space reflections which annihilate performance). Comparatively DX11 ran at maybe 70 or so. Today I am on a Ryzen 3700x and now DX12 runs at 60-ish and DX11 runs at almost 120. :iiam:

This game is just optimized super poorly.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

CJacobs posted:

3700x has a much better cache than last gen equivalents (like 2700x) which AMD claims gives up to a 20% performance increase in games. (CS:GO being the main game where that is definitely the case.)

DiggityDoink posted:

This game is just optimized super poorly.

This would also explain why CPUs with a much better cache perform much better at this. The cache is making up for the game's poor optimization.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Makes sense. I just found it funny how my performance totally flip flopped as if it was a conscious decision by the game itself.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

RatHat posted:

Was it the one after Troy? It’s not actually forever though it’ll take like 5 minutes to hit the “bottom” if you don’t ground pound.

And I wonder if that is what triggers the bank bug.

Nope! I was just shooting stuff in a swamp on Eden-6 when suddenly I was falling through the world. After a minute or so, it froze up so I couldn't even see my character and the camera was way zoomed out. Couldn't open echo menu or anything

Unrelated: I picked up a legendary mod for Amara that grants maximum Rush stacks upon using an action skill. Then they decay over time while also adding +5 maximum stacks. Can I assume the intent of this is to effectively bypass the loop of the Mystical Assault builds where you generate Rush then use Phasecast and instead just always double cast it on cooldown?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

BizarroAzrael posted:

Ive been grinding in Mayhem 3 trying to get a Doomwalker, Graveward seems to never drop legendaries? Traunt reliably drops some. How are people getting the showers of legends I've seen?

I found a nice Vladof rifle with the alien barrel and Cryo, it fires a beam that increases power over time and supplies off from the target to others nearby. Want to find more like it, it's only a blue rated well below a lot of my other kit. Are alien barrels consistent across brands? I suppose the only other rifle maker with them is Torgue so theirs will probably be different.

I just started on Amara, super disappointed she can't set her skills to Cryo, I'm not sure Zane can make much of his mild affinity for it.

Go offline for boss farming. You get a ton more drops. Grave doesn’t drop poo poo online.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skypie posted:

Nope! I was just shooting stuff in a swamp on Eden-6 when suddenly I was falling through the world. After a minute or so, it froze up so I couldn't even see my character and the camera was way zoomed out. Couldn't open echo menu or anything

Unrelated: I picked up a legendary mod for Amara that grants maximum Rush stacks upon using an action skill. Then they decay over time while also adding +5 maximum stacks. Can I assume the intent of this is to effectively bypass the loop of the Mystical Assault builds where you generate Rush then use Phasecast and instead just always double cast it on cooldown?

that phasezerker mod is the centerpiece in almost every amara build. Its good.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah that mod gives you 3% gun damage and 10% cooldown rate for each rush stack, it’s absurd. I use it even though I only have 1 point in the blue tree. Though to be fair there aren’t really any other good options for a phasegrasp build since the 2 for it are awful.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Fauxtool posted:

that phasezerker mod is the centerpiece in almost every amara build. Its good.

I tried phasecast but it felt so squishy. I think I'll go back to my Brawl setup and pray the Mayhem modifiers don't bone me again :v: Unfortunate, the mod lacks a bonus point in the big melee buff from red tree

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
Yes, just got a brawler ward. The final piece of my amara puzzle! Now my facepuncher should be hitting upwards of 30k damage per shot when my shields are down.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
Oh, and since the gun is anointed, that's 60-75k to bosses and badassess.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Fauxtool posted:

its not exactly what you want but there are save files with every character at lvl 50 and no quests done in tvhm

yeah I enjoy the progression (lvling, getting better gear) probably more than the endgame, so making 1-50 a more fun and harder experience is what I want :(

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Yes, just got a brawler ward. The final piece of my amara puzzle! Now my facepuncher should be hitting upwards of 30k damage per shot when my shields are down.

I will be lusting for another Facepuncher now that I hit 50 tonight.

e: these are the two legendary Amara mods I snagged tonight

Skypie fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Sep 30, 2019

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I have a pretty damned juicy setup for Punch Amara, and am willing to share it by way of some good old fashioned item duping - if anyone is interested.
Farmed my rear end off for it but got:

https://giant.gfycat.com/AppropriateCavernousHake.webm
Click through for video controls to play/pause if desired.

-Anointed Face Puncher (slam anoint) - This thing is obscene when shields are down and the anoint goes off. Tends to 1 or 2 hit just about everything.
-Anointed Psycho Stabber (alas, phasecast anoint). Borman Nates is an rear end in a top hat to farm, since he spawns randomly not at all. Excellent for all around stabbing of any non-badass enemies, and for maximum fire dots on bosses.
-An electric and toxic Crossroad - these are INCREDIBLE for deleting shields/armor off enemies if you are using a different element. Eg, you'd be Fire vs the majority of bandits and sometimes they show up with shields/armor. One of them is anointed for slam, too.

-Anointed Brawler Ward (slam anoint - ridiculously good)
-Solitary Breaker with excellent passives
-Dragon relic - Makes those fire punches lethal but can be farmed easily from El Dracon - always the same stats on it.
-Recurring ice Hex for everything else

So far I've noticed that Maliwan Heavies are the most resilient enemy - but that's thanks to their innately high Fire/Dot resistances. Face puncher deletes them regardless, thankfully.
Troy dies in 2 hits - his first invuln phase is too long to burn through while he does his nonsense.
I'll probably be killing Tyreen tomorrow when I get there in my playthrough.

Took it for a spin through Slaughter Shaft - things can get hairy if you're not careful, but as long as you can punch at least one person before you go down, it's hard to die. Managed to beat it even with foul as hell Mayhem modifiers. The badasses with shields/armor/hp can take some abuse, but Face Puncher doles that out. The guide video prior suggests using Grasp for generial mob killing, and Slam for bosses - but I stick to Slam since all of my anointments proc off it, and it's on a low enough cooldown to keep almost permanent uptime on everything. Grasp is nice for the utility, and being able to whiff a cast to proc your passives on demand. I haven't seen any good grasp anointments yet.

This is like playing Doom. So long as you have things to punch, you cannot die. With a light sprinkle of Fist of the North Star - people exploding a few seconds after a punch and you've already sprinted on to the next victim.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Sep 30, 2019

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
You can get the constant nova while enemies are phasegrasped on a shield, which is pretty drat devastating, but you might as well have everything be slam so it synergizes.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Fleetwood Crack posted:

You can get the constant nova while enemies are phasegrasped on a shield, which is pretty drat devastating, but you might as well have everything be slam so it synergizes.

Ah yeah I remember seeing that one. I don't think I ended up using it much because the rest of my setup was subpar for Melee at the time.

I do wish the Dragon class mod had better skill points - it has the 'melee kill procs skill augment' passive that could make Singularities constantly, and pair it with a Knife Drain Commander Planetoid.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I've seen a ton of "Phaseslam increases weapon damage" modifiers but is there one for melee damage?

I have a Brawler shield with Anointed Siren and +100% melee damage after action skill end, which is pretty devastating on its own

And now that I'm 50, where should I be trying to farm when not playing through quests?

Skypie fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Sep 30, 2019

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Anyone else feel like the last boss is too easy?? I did it at level 37 with a blue lv. 33 Jakobs pistol, the piss grenade, blue tree Moze with the minigun and nuke on Iron Bear, it took me one (1) try and I never even went into FFYL. Zero legendaries dropped.

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Oct 1, 2019

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
The Flak cannon is prob my fav shotgun so far. Makes circle of slaughter v. Easy. It just cant shoot rakks in the sky. Stupid rakks.

E: oopz i mean "Flakker"

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Sep 30, 2019

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
was loving around with CE and uh

just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD (this was after a full five rounds of slaughter)

i was getting about 10 fps and i checked all those legendaries and they were all terrible

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
So... Did Gearbox just hit Ctrl-c on the Witch Doctor code from Hammerlock's BL2 DLC then hit Ctrl-v for this game's Anointed enemies? They are hot garbage and I hate them.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
So I just went ahead and started TVHM with Mayhem 1 on. I beat normal at around lvl42 or so. Didn't think bout farming guns on normal at M1 applied.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Thumbtacks posted:

was loving around with CE and uh

just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD (this was after a full five rounds of slaughter)

i was getting about 10 fps and i checked all those legendaries and they were all terrible

What’s CE??

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

The Flak cannon is prob my fav shotgun so far. Makes circle of slaughter v. Easy. It just cant shoot rakks in the sky. Stupid rakks.

E: oopz i mean "Flakker"

Is there any good solution for Rakks? Any round with them takes 10x longer because their flight paths do not work well with the shooting in this game and most guns suck poo poo against them.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Bottom Liner posted:

What’s CE??

Cheat Engine, I'm assuming. Good ol' memory replacement editor so game says "item drops" and you swap out "common" or "uncommon" or whatever the gently caress you want for "legendary" and let the engine take care of the rest of the work for you.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
is there a SNTNL build for zane that works end-game? I like the skill a lot and I feel like with the buff/change so it can just do Cryo damage, it might actually work.

i'm realizing now that SNTNL is in his kill tree so i'm sure it works very well

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Dr.Smasher posted:

So... Did Gearbox just hit Ctrl-c on the Witch Doctor code from Hammerlock's BL2 DLC then hit Ctrl-v for this game's Anointed enemies? They are hot garbage and I hate them.

I don't know about that, thank god the annoitned don't level up the enemies around you while you're fighting them though!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Thumbtacks posted:

is there a SNTNL build for zane that works end-game? I like the skill a lot and I feel like with the buff/change so it can just do Cryo damage, it might actually work.

i'm realizing now that SNTNL is in his kill tree so i'm sure it works very well

It seems to be the most popular, normally maximising kill skill value and taking the capstone so you can start an engagement with them. Also movement speed and the complementary doubled agent skills for damage bonuses for movement and Donnybrook.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Sex Hobbit posted:

After spending ages trying to kill Agonizer 9000, having to go back to Sanctuary to get different guns and then go through the whole map again, this is the entirety of what they dropped:

:mad:

....bloodfeud?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Thumbtacks posted:

They'd be much better if it took you 1000 hours to see that many because

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Skypie posted:

So I finally got the "fall through the world forever" bug and had to log out.

then when I logged in, my bank was empty. :rip:

Hold up, I just saw a bunch of posts on the gearbox forums where people mentioned losing their bank after falling through the world, especially after the Troy fight.
So it seems more and more likely that this is one of the causes of the bank bug. But how the fuckkkkkkk does falling through the skybox delete your bank??
I did fall through after Troy on my first playthrough without losing my bank though. Were you on your second playthrough?

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

DarkDobe posted:

I do wish the Dragon class mod had better skill points - it has the 'melee kill procs skill augment' passive that could make Singularities constantly, and pair it with a Knife Drain Commander Planetoid.
I'm using this:

with this:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Do any of you find that certain weapon tours are much more prevalent? My Zane and Amara find a lot of sniper rifles, but very few fire or shock weapons. I feel like I'll struggle on the proving grounds without those.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Bottom Liner posted:

Is there any good solution for Rakks? Any round with them takes 10x longer because their flight paths do not work well with the shooting in this game and most guns suck poo poo against them.

Standing in the elevator forces them to fly straight at you and they'll often get caught right above you in the elevator shaft. It's a pretty vulnerable spot though if you haven't cleared out everything on the ground or don't have good teammates to cover that for you. You can also stand at the top of the elevator shaft and shoot out into the arena if you're doing it multiplayer, and a lot of the time rakks will fly into the elevator shaft trying to get at you.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Skypie posted:

So I finally got the "fall through the world forever" bug and had to log out.

then when I logged in, my bank was empty. :rip:

I got this directly after the Troy fight, so no loot from him.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

BizarroAzrael posted:

Do any of you find that certain weapon tours are much more prevalent? My Zane and Amara find a lot of sniper rifles, but very few fire or shock weapons. I feel like I'll struggle on the proving grounds without those.

I can't really say any one element is more prevalent than another, but god drat is it obvious that the loot tables are skewed towards junk.

This is rough as hell but it comes down to something like:
50% class mods and Artifacts
30% grenades
20% guns

Of those, well, class mods and artifacts have so many components to roll, you're looking at easily one in a hundred being good, if that.
Grenades - expect a poo poo ton of Tina's, Moxi's, Red Queens and Nagatas - i.e. terrible grenades.
Guns - I hope you like Woodblockers and Monocles, with some Malak's Banes thrown in there! Rarest to drop by FAR are Laser-Sploders and Flakkers.

That said, some relatively 'common' but still potentially good weapons do drop more regularly:
Trevonator is a good one, if you are looking for chunky elemental damage - they come on lots of flavours and it's a very satisfying shotgun - with splash damage, for you Elemental Projecting fiends.
Nighthawkin is easily the best all around SMG in the game, and isn't all that uncommon a find. Just try to get one with burst fire, as it has the highest DPS.
Crossroads are absolutely insane, though somewhat less common a find. Very ammo hungry but they delete enemies, especially good against shields/armor with the corresponding element.
Woodblocker, though common as dirt from legendary pools, is actually a not-awful chunky-enemy weapon. A waste against anything that isn't a badass, anointed or boss - they do crazy high dps. Apparently really good to give to Digi-Clone as well?

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Sep 30, 2019

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Got a legendary artifact that speeds up my slides and imbues it with cryo damage. It unleashes a snowball when I stop and it also has a forcefield effect on slam :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

cage-free egghead posted:

Got a legendary artifact that speeds up my slides and imbues it with cryo damage. It unleashes a snowball when I stop and it also has a forcefield effect on slam :stare:

I'd be way more on board with the *tons* of slam-buffing effects if slam itself wasn't such a piece of poo poo to make work. You have to go out of your way to slam and it breaks the flow of combat if you're trying to make it a regular thing.