Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

trickery gives 0.2 skillpoints/level if you've not levelled that, and crafting/alchemy are 0.1. if you have any skills left untrained, train them up first i guess. maybe level up your lore if it's not done all the way, to see if that unlocks anything?

you might just have to sell all your non-chest and non-bookcase things in order to unlock enough space for money/research to upgrade your circumstances

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
All my skills are capped. Did not notice that i got skillpoints when i adventure-leveled-up, will go do more adventuring.

Just jumped into a 300-space house (so nearly 400 with the space upgrades i got from Prestige) but its a slow go to get it filled up as my gold/sec got really handicapped when i upgraded to The Prestige

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

ver.108 of Arcanum, we can now choose our choice of rest on the player tab, so if you'd prefer to automatically eat children or engage in ritual chanting instead of sleeping, that is finally an option

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

sell your stables if you have a magic carpet, is my advice. apropos of nothing.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Something messed with the gold cap for 0.108 as well.

I had 10050 max gold, or so, enough to buy the temple (and did)
Now i have 9975 max gold

One thing i don't understand yet, how do you go back to the activity you were doing when you run out of resources and they are full again?

I could have sworn that in the earlier stages of adventure i could enter the stage, i would run out of sta or hp and rest, then automatically go back to the adventure stage. This no longer happens

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Sep 30, 2019

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
^ You will automatically go back to the adventure if you run out of Stamina, but not if you run out of HP.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

sell your stables if you have a magic carpet, is my advice. apropos of nothing.

Sorry, couldn't hear you over my gryphon screeching and my fire horse smouldering.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I've been playing Arcanum for a couple days and just starting reading spoilers after running out of stuff to do at Tier 5 and it's pretty annoying that there's a bunch of stuff for evil wizards and barely anything for good ones!!!

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Yeah being good only makes sure you continue to have access to the Light spells which are okay for adventuring but nothing special compared to all the perks evil gets.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Sage Grimm posted:

Sorry, couldn't hear you over my gryphon screeching and my fire horse smouldering.

i still have them. idk where they currently live, given that i knocked down my stables, but they're still available - just can't ride them until i rebuild it. presumably they hang out in the library.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Interrupting the Arcanum talk, I got my first Uug kill this morning after a 9 day rebirth. I might have been able to do it on day 7 but have been distracted by Arcanum.

No-Equipment challenge is next

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Psst. One day til Launch!

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

something posted:

Are there going to be cloud saves on Steam?

Pretty pumped for the update

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Yep!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Finally got enough PP to buy one of the Adventure Milestone Perks.
4 MILLION PP and all i got was a single additional milestone

:argh:

At least i can do Exile v3 now

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Ineptitude posted:

Finally got enough PP to buy one of the Adventure Milestone Perks.
4 MILLION PP and all i got was a single additional milestone

:argh:

At least i can do Exile v3 now

There's new perks coming out tomorrow, you may have wanted to bank all of that. But I do get it, I'm tempted to click the button myself but I'll wait I know I wanted like 12m worth of stuff in the new patch over that.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Sage Grimm posted:

^ You will automatically go back to the adventure if you run out of Stamina, but not if you run out of HP.
Despite its somewhat ambiguous text the Expedient Retreat upgrade does the latter.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Rynoto posted:

Yeah being good only makes sure you continue to have access to the Light spells which are okay for adventuring but nothing special compared to all the perks evil gets.
This explains why it felt like there is no actual postgame for me (and also why I was like "what the gently caress is codex annihilus") - I hit dhrunic wizard, mono-good, out of space in the 400 space house, and aside from a few adventure zones where I basically get insta-deleted despite having the best gear I can find (are there tier two enchants for anything other than quick boots? does better-than-bronze-leather-and-iron gear drop anywhere) I've done everything except raise Lore above 30 because fuuuuck that grind

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Some of the final adventure zones are pretty bullshit, a couple of the monsters seem actually unkillable and that's coming from someone with with FAR more stats than I should be able to have. Stuff like the Ancient Vampire in the catacrypts can outheal any damage I can ever do to him. The Archon is pretty similar, it just heals far too much. The fact that the combat log is just endless misses from both sides and I can't really see a way to increase my accuracy.

As far as I can tell, there's no higher enchants, and a FEW pieces of higher gear but I've not found much. I've got almost every magic skill over 20, Lore at 37, everything else maxed out by swapping furniture/homes around and player level 23.

For an example of how silly my class list looks. When he changed the class tiers around it let me pick up an extra set at several tiers because I already had warlock and archlock as my old tier 2 and tier 3.

apprentice
scribe
neophyte
Adept
darkmagician
witchcraft
dreadlord
warlock
seer
thaumaturge
dhrunic wizard
archlock

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010
Feels like 90% of the poo poo you unluck in Arcanum is instantly obsolete (potions, enchants, minions, etc). Late game also just devolves to mashing focus which is about as fun as shoving nails in your eyeballs.

It can be interesting but think I'll leave it for a while until it's more fleshed out.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Project in Arcanum to deal with the bullshit in the last few dungeons:

-Gain access to Blood Siphon (done, also note the 0.50 cost in Bodies per second), Energy Transfusion (done) and the Chronomancy timesplitting (done)

-Clear 100 Space in my home

-Buy 50 Vats in order to get a Bodies creation rate of .50 per second

-Have one timeline running dungeons while the other one sits at home, transfusing endlessly and without pause from the artificial bodies for 40 Life per second, and 1 Mana/Spirit/Shadow per second

:unsmigghh:

This game...

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
For the most part nothing in dungeons can kill me except for the things I can't kill anyways because they heal too much. So most of my time is spent eating children while I fight in the dungeon.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Cinara posted:

For the most part nothing in dungeons can kill me except for the things I can't kill anyways because they heal too much. So most of my time is spent eating children while I fight in the dungeon.

With a really high shadowlore and some buildins you can spam one of the better spells that costs shadow, but yeah damage output seems to be heavily gated by rng of missing

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea I've got almost 1 shadow per second, I could get that a bit higher with more buildings focused on it. Shadowlore is only 23 so it could be a bit higher also. I spam spells of every single element and cannot dent Ancient Vampires.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

pixaal posted:

There's new perks coming out tomorrow, you may have wanted to bank all of that. But I do get it, I'm tempted to click the button myself but I'll wait I know I wanted like 12m worth of stuff in the new patch over that.

Well poo poo i didn't think of that. That makes it seem even more pointless to have spent a month (or w/e) worth of PP. Making 4,5PP per kill now.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Ver.115 of Arcanum, In addition to the prior supplying of bodies and evil points, Murder now also relieves the stress of Frustration.
(Chanting also now relieves general stress at a slightly better rate than resting.)

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Arcanum feels like it needs more work in fleshing systems out then adding new high end stuff. Sucks that I can learn potions for all of four potions.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

something posted:

ITS OUT

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1147690/NGU_IDLE/

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

The steam version of NGU kicks rear end. Runs so much better than kongregate but I couldn't make the switch to Kartridge because of its lack of cloud save. Nicely done 4G!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Congrats!

Looking forward to coming home and checking out the new perks. Really glad i spent my 4 million PP just before the patch launched so i get to stare at the new perks even longer.

Not a big fan of the Exile drop rate nerf, the levels of his drops were in line with other titans at level 5-6 per item. A lot of people are going to be able to go up an exile tier or two now, with the new zone (that presumably has another level of gear) so it seems a bit odd to nerf the drop rates.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
I'm open to re-buffing it slightly when i add the exile feature (cause of the reason you just mentioned about it speeding up progress), but I got data from quite a lot of files/feedback from players at around exile v1-2 where they were outrageously overcapped on drop chance even for exilev4 which they couldn't even begin to touch statswise.

Also sorry for ignoring this thread i was running around responding to stuff about the steam launch but YES, it's out on steam! Any kind reviews you goons can toss onto the pile helps me out a lot <3

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1147690/NGU_IDLE/

link is here

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Ineptitude posted:

Congrats!

Looking forward to coming home and checking out the new perks. Really glad i spent my 4 million PP just before the patch launched so i get to stare at the new perks even longer.

Not a big fan of the Exile drop rate nerf, the levels of his drops were in line with other titans at level 5-6 per item. A lot of people are going to be able to go up an exile tier or two now, with the new zone (that presumably has another level of gear) so it seems a bit odd to nerf the drop rates.

Curious to see how the numbers shake out, since there's a drop rate buff in the perks from the "Welcome to Evil Mode" perk too.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

something posted:

I'm open to re-buffing it slightly when i add the exile feature (cause of the reason you just mentioned about it speeding up progress), but I got data from quite a lot of files/feedback from players at around exile v1-2 where they were outrageously overcapped on drop chance even for exilev4 which they couldn't even begin to touch statswise.

Ah i read it as the levels of the individual drops being lower, effectively halting progress.
If the requirement to cap his drop chance is what was nerfed then thats a nerf that makes more sense. I was capped (25%?) when i first was able to kill him on v1 so i assume thats true for everyone.

something posted:

Any kind reviews you goons can toss onto the pile helps me out a lot <3
Trying to but i cannot find anywhere i can actually write a review.

something posted:

exile feature

:eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ineptitude posted:

Trying to but i cannot find anywhere i can actually write a review.

Play at least 5 minutes then close the game so the time is recorded you can now right click the game in your library and click "write a review" this option does not let you post until you have at least 5 minutes and will eat your review if you try before that so make sure you have play time on steam and yes you do need to close it for it to count super annoying but it does make sense for the majority of games so I can't really fault them I guess.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Congrats on Steam launch, 4g!

Incremental Adventures is anyone still playing this? I'm finally picking up some speed here, at PL6 right now. My build is a Warrior up front (armor tank) and 5 Rangers (max damage) behind him. The Kong chat is very adamant that a warrior with max health followed by 4 or 5 healers is better, which it is....but also extremely slow. Does anyone have any tips on faster builds?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
Hooray for steam! When I loaded my web game into steam, it reset all of my capped stuff (wishes, advanced training, augments, blood, etc), but that's minor!

There's also a tiny display bug in the settings screen. Probably in web too, but I didn't test:
Changing the R3 color to Green or Gold doesn't update the display to show green or gold as selected. The others do. It still changes the color, it just doesn't show that color as selected.

Also, beard text looks like crap at any resolution other than the lowest. Same goes for most of the item art.

New Yorp New Yorp fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Oct 1, 2019

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Hooray for steam! When I loaded my web game into steam, it reset all of my capped stuff (wishes, advanced training, augments, blood, etc), but that's minor!

There's also a tiny display bug in the settings screen. Probably in web too, but I didn't test:
Changing the R3 color to Green or Gold doesn't update the display to show green or gold as selected. The others do. It still changes the color, it just doesn't show that color as selected.

The cap resetting thing is a quirk i had to add in specifically when you move a kong save to kart or steam. only should happen the once.

your caps are slighty higher/lower when moving the saves over from webgl to .exe cause of numbers and floats and stuff.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

something posted:

The cap resetting thing is a quirk i had to add in specifically when you move a kong save to kart or steam. only should happen the once.

your caps are slighty higher/lower when moving the saves over from webgl to .exe cause of numbers and floats and stuff.

Makes sense, it wasn't a big deal.

In case you missed it because I just edited in above:

Beard text (like, the humor text on the beard art itself, not the normal fonts) looks like crap at any resolution other than the lowest. Same goes for most of the item art. I'm playing at 1440x900.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Beard text (like, the humor text on the beard art itself, not the normal fonts) looks like crap at any resolution other than the lowest. Same goes for most of the item art. I'm playing at 1440x900.

I play at native res because of this the game does look like complete rear end at higher res because the assets aren't that high it's just stretching it. It should look fine at exactly double of each and then up scaled though.

1920x1200 should be a resolution option the game would actually look good at that.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
And then too big for the most common mo itor :v:

The plan for game 2 is to make the ui suitable for 1080p full screen and then for Kong downscale it to 960*540. And by making the art for 1080p it ought to look nicer in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

something posted:

And then too big for the most common mo itor :v:

The plan for game 2 is to make the ui suitable for 1080p full screen and then for Kong downscale it to 960*540. And by making the art for 1080p it ought to look nicer in general

If it actually looks good (and it should since it's doubling so it should turn each pixel into 4 pixels upscaling perfecting) People do run 4k monitors and 1440p is really catching on as the default gaming monitor resolution. There's no harm in supporting it.