Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Big fan of the slight slowdown effect as Josie smokes her cigarette in Ben's dark office.

In this episode, the scene with James, Donna and Maddy stands out as being very well set up. You can see Hank at the juke box, then he gets a coffee and sits down while Maddy is walking to the table. The only unfortunate side effect is that, as they leave, there is an ominous zoom in on Maddy's perfectly pristine Cherry Coke before the camera decides to swerve towards Hank.

Data Graham posted:

Lol that personal ad, "Ladies cum first". A little out on the edge for early 90s broadcast TV I'd think

The one that's obscured by a hand is also pretty good. Something along the lines of: Looking for females, couples or males. I never understood what Leo's truck was doing on that page, though (other than for transition purposes).

Jerusalem posted:

She's used to the phonies, she's used to bullshit and lies (and uses them herself, like when she blackmails the manager of the Department store) but here she actually sees truth for once, and seeing that actively turned on its head right before her is just too much for her to deal with.

My interpretation has always been that she found it funny when her father was humiliated, and got upset when Leland's outburst failed to sabotage the evening.

quote:

Also goddamn her dialogue is so loving ominous, I had forgotten all about the owls, and "the owls can't see us here" is a hell of a line, as is "fire is the devil hiding like a coward in the smoke."

"Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flames." "Thanks, Margaret." :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/Kyle_MacLachlan/status/1178665380891566081

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
How's Eevee, how's eevee

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Kyle McLachlan is the most wholesome dude on the planet

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I had a really weird dream where I met him and he was a really nice guy and I choose to believe we had the same dream and actually met.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

HD DAD posted:

Kyle McLachlan is the most wholesome dude on the planet

Maybe, but there are some pictures of him with Ghislaine Maxwell. Maybe a picture’s just a picture, but who knows.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
Stray observations from the last 2 episodes.:

Gerrard's turn at "hands up" is really one of the genius moments of the series.

Love Hawk's semi-awkward high-five before they enter the vet office.

Somehow I never noticed the sign to Lydecker's clinic. "Aid to the Beast Incarnate" And this is probably a stretch, but the profiles of the dog and cat remind me a bit of the album cover-like shot of the 4 dudes when they are on their way to Jacque's cabin.

Never thought about it, but James' mom probably posts in Fleshworld too. :(

Also, somehow never picked up on that Ben is on the exercise bike learning a joke from probably someone in the Icelandic contingent, and probably telling that same person that joke back at the party.

It's amusing how Jerry never thinks about One-Eyed Jack's even though he's part owner. I guess maybe he's just letting Ben feel like he's directing things.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/showtime-bring-twin-peaks-season/ wonder how reliable this is

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

quote:

along with the majority of the main cast

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

zelah posted:

Maybe, but there are some pictures of him with Ghislaine Maxwell. Maybe a picture’s just a picture, but who knows.

We would know by now, as one of the victims would have said something, like with Matt Groening’s foot massage. Unless they didn’t know who he was.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3DdOqFllAJ/?hl=en

Don't let me down, Michael Horse. Don't hurt me.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Do it, loving do it you cowards.

Wait I can't even call them cowards, they already let David Lynch make an 18 hour long movie with no oversight or interference. They're the bravest people I know.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Get. Harry. Back.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

wa27 posted:

Get. Harry. Back.

:hfive:

The Harry/Cooper bromance is too beautiful not to get closure by them meeting again.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

:stare:

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

wait how can they make new episodes if the jackpots lady is dead

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

romanowski posted:

The current lack of concrete news is because Lynch is insisting Showtime pay the catering for his location shoots in the afterlife.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
I'm just not sure there's much more story that they want to tell.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i don't care, just make it about cooper dancing in the black lodge

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
or Cooper just bouncing through time and dimensions with Carrie Page, in a weird Lynchian combination of Doctor Who and Quantum Leap

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
It will be Old-Fashioned Spanking 2 in memory of Jack Nance.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I'd much rather they just give Lynch carte blanche to do whatever the hell he wants. If that's another Twin Peaks season then so be it, but if he wants to do some other series or mini-series or movie or series of short animations or whatever the hell else, then just give him the budget and screen time to do it.

Maybe I'm being naive but I feel like at this point Twin Peaks' sustained popularity is more about Lynch anyway so it's not like doing a Game of Thrones spin off or whatever where you need to keep the same brand name in place to get viewers, just advertise heavily that you let Lynch do another weird series and you're all set.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

it's gonna be a wally brando spinoff

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Looking at The Return, David Lynch already isn't above doing whatever the hell he wants and calling it Twin Peaks if that's what it takes for Showtime to finance 18 hours of it, and I'm completely fine with that.

romanowski posted:

it's gonna be a wally brando spinoff
I'm completely fine with that

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

romanowski posted:

Twin Peaks the Return: how can they make new episodes if Frank Silva is dead?

Twin Peaks Season 4: How can they make new episodes if Miguel Ferrer, Catherine Coulson, Harry Dean Stanton, Linda Porter, Warren Frost and probably other people are dead?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
They’re all interdimensional tea kettles now

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

The Merkinman posted:

Twin Peaks Season 4: How can they make new episodes if Miguel Ferrer, Catherine Coulson, Harry Dean Stanton, Linda Porter, Warren Frost and probably other people are dead?
Don't forget Peggy Lipton...holy poo poo a lot of the cast has died in the past four years.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Volte posted:

Don't forget Peggy Lipton...holy poo poo a lot of the cast has died in the past four years.

I knew I'd forget someone, that's why I ended it with "...and probably other people".

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

The Merkinman posted:

one of these things is not like the other, and that thing is the jackpots lady, who is a quintessential part of the twin peaks experience and the most universally recognized and beloved twin peaks character, everybody knows this

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
David Lynch presents the Dark Underbelly of Portlandia

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/ScottWamplerBMD/status/1179087487660122112

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

The Merkinman posted:

It's important to me that Lynch gives Kyle MacLachlan and Sheryl Lee as much screen time as possible because I rarely see them in any other media. It would be fun to see Chris Isaak again, as well. Or the two Donnas.

Obviously, it won't work unless Frost and Lynch work together, though. That's the magic formula.

And More fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 2, 2019

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Whether there's a new season or not, there's a new Chromatics album out and it's really good!!!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

We still have the Mitchums and Candie.

e: I'm seeing Chromatics live next week and I'm awfully excited

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Oct 2, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

gently caress it, just make it 18 episodes in The Roadhouse of various bands playing intercut with conversations in booths between various supporting characters, and the odd interlude of Audrey dancing alone on the dancefloor in a spotlight.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/withnailgeorgen/status/1179727676329926661?s=21

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
This is a great, semi-serious look at the various hints people have put out.

https://news.avclub.com/its-rumor-time-is-david-lynch-working-on-a-new-season-1838704486

She lays out a couple of reasons as to what it might mean, but I think the one about them shooting something for the new definitive box set is the most likely reason.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Even more signs:

A podcast with known connections to people working on the show getting hints

Mike's actor replying to Kyle's donut facebook post with "Loose lips sink ships"

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fepnWLig8RA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Probably a new coffee commercial for Japan