Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
Great show again, Bootcha!
Isn't Rexzilla currently the main maker of video shows for Star Citizen?

Edit: I guess this can do as taxxe.

Beexoffel fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Agony Aunt posted:

Question: Any reason for not including the Sandi crocodile tears moment at the con where she said she was quitting because people were being nasty?

You don't have the footage (i can't find it either), or because not relevant, or because too personal?
Not relevant, yet.

Beexoffel posted:

Isn't Rexzilla currently the main maker of video shows for Star Citizen?
CIG goes through favored streamers like Miller thought Spartans went through babies.

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Oooh, a sunk cost galaxy episode on strangli! I am watching this with a nice 7% IPA beer.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bootcha posted:

Not relevant, yet.

Ah!

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

rePool posted:

I keep hearing about this and I watched the con yet missed that? I saw people mocking her on Spectrum about it and I tried looking but I couldn't find it.
Not that I care about her crying, but I wanted to understand why she was or the context of what lead up to it.

Yeah, i missed it on the main stream but caught it on someone who had recorded it. But then that dissapeared. Maybe CIG took down what they owned and ordered takedowns on others.

I presume someone has it archived, and based on Bootchas response, i guess he has got a copy.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Bootcha posted:

Not relevant, yet.

CIG goes through favored streamers like Miller thought Spartans went through babies.

Oh, it's that company turnover then.

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

20 minutes in. Wow, the videos with strangli discussing internet marketing are brutal. She really did not know about basic internet marketing concepts.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

I second that.

in other words: great work bootcha!

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
I really thought it was going to end with the scene from the end of the Holiday Livestream of Sandi angrily packing up her poo poo into an $800 purse.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
wunderbar

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
ShapCop needs to be more positive about negativity.
A productive/creative negativity (like in producing a super cool, funny, entertainening video for everyone to watch) is much more valuable then stupid positivity (like throwing all your money at something)

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I can't see that video cuz i'm at work so I gotta ask: what is the video and what is everyone talking about and why is Sandi sad?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

weird, it's almost like she wasn't qualified for it or something

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I'm begining to think ol shappers isn't the brightest bulb in the box.

quote:

ShapCap said:
LALALALALALA I CANT HEAR YOU LALALALALALALA

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
lol this video is absolute gold, a perfect addition to the Sunk Cost Galaxy series. Good job embracing the lunacy of Star Citizen bootcha.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

quote:

Star Kitten has been effectively buried and forgotten

:roflolmao:

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Warhawk109 posted:

I really liked the Wingman’s Hanger show and Erik Peterson back in the day. At the time I never put it together that he was being pushed out by Sandi.

Erik and his team were the only ones who knew how to make a game lol, no wonder Chris wanted to push them out, especially with how Erik and co. basically became everyone's favorites and Chris and Sandi got less limelight. I'm still sad Erik didn't get to make his Conquest Frontier Wars sequel like he wanted.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Mr and Mrs Roberts are going to ride off into the sunset, wealthy and laughing their heads off.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Ok, so what's the full story on what happened to Ben? It's a little before my time.

I don't think I ever saw the picture of him when he was thin, it made me sad to see how poorly he's taking care of himself now. Basically a slow suicide. Wish there was someone in his life to give him an intervention about it.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Ok, so what's the full story on what happened to Ben? It's a little before my time.

I don't think I ever saw the picture of him when he was thin, it made me sad to see how poorly he's taking care of himself now. Basically a slow suicide. Wish there was someone in his life to give him an intervention about it.

He's been a Roberts cultist since the 90's, he ran a Wing Commander fan website and got picked up by Chris before the Kickstarter to do all the community management stuff for the company - I'm assuming he was willing to do it for little to no money because he just loves Chris so much.

He also had a secret blog where he said some vile poo poo - I can't really remember the particulars of it but it was outrageous to most of the community - and he was shuffled away from the public face of the company after it.

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

The rumor that I heard (from this thread) was that Lesnik got demoted because of his 90s website with racist/creepy content.

Although I personally think there is more to it than that. Crobo knows that faithful citizens don't give a gently caress as long as they can dream about JPEGs/Da BDSSE.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

OMG what's a SEO and what's it do?!?
maybe google can help to find out?
i heard their Search Engine is very much Optimized.

It's funny to see how a false assumption leads to a wrong conclusion.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Shapcap being shapcap, owning himself. This video sure ruffled their feathers a bit.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Sabreseven posted:

I'm begining to think ol shappers isn't the brightest bulb in the box.

The lights are on but no one is home.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Thom12255 posted:

He's been a Roberts cultist since the 90's, he ran a Wing Commander fan website and got picked up by Chris before the Kickstarter to do all the community management stuff for the company - I'm assuming he was willing to do it for little to no money because he just loves Chris so much.

He also had a secret blog where he said some vile poo poo - I can't really remember the particulars of it but it was outrageous to most of the community - and he was shuffled away from the public face of the company after it.

Someone just linked this on reddit, which seems to be a good summary (slightly :nms: and NWS because of creepy text content): https://www.reddit.com/r/StarCitizenDebate/comments/6rt1ue/star_citizen_community_manager_ben_lesnik/

Basically he had an old blog with a ton of racism, pedophilia, and weirdass stalking of a female news anchor.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Oct 1, 2019

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Goons like to say that our FUDsters publicizing his blog got him shuffled but I suspect that is a bit self-congratulatory.

In reality CIG doesn't care about that poo poo and they're barely aware that we exist except as it impacts their egos to be laughed at occasionally. More likely, he was so disturbingly obese that it made everyone uncomfortable, and his "Community management" was incompetent at best. Lando was a much more smarmy and effective shill who helped them grow into their target demo, so Ben got thrown out the airlock as they tried to develop a more professional image.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

I'm going to stream the rest of the bootcha's video and any lols I can get. https://www.twitch.tv/virtual_captain

Have to be somewhere in less than an hour so not much time for organizing anything bigger.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Someone just linked this on reddit, which seems to be a good summary: NSFW https://www.reddit.com/r/StarCitizenDebate/comments/6rt1ue/star_citizen_community_manager_ben_lesnik/ NSFW

Basically he had an old blog with a ton of racism, pedophilia, and weirdass stalking of a female news anchor.

Maybe mark that poo poo with an NSFW or something. I just clicked it to see what was going on while at my desk at work and holy poo poo that's some creepy stuff. When I got to stuff about 13 year olds I closed my browser.

Edit: And to be fair, I knew going in that it said it was squicky poo poo right below the link.

chaosapiant fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 1, 2019

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Star Citizen: The TV Show

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

chaosapiant posted:

Maybe mark that poo poo with an NSFW or something. I just clicked it to see what was going on while at my desk at work and holy poo poo that's some creepy stuff. When I got to stuff about 13 year olds I closed my browser.

Edit: And to be fair, I knew going in that it said it was squicky poo poo right below the link.

Sure, you should mark or remove the link in your quote too, though.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
I didn't know Ben was behind the original ships - he single-handily made this all possible lol.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Sure, you should mark or remove the link in your quote too, though.

I'm an idiot and didn't even think of that. I just marked it. Thanks!

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Bootcha posted:

Wait, poo poo, wrong series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2dbNx3c7uk

Edit: Cat taxxe paid on last page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2dbNx3c7uk&t=1114s

At 18:35 you say "this admission from 2015" but the caption on the video says "4 Feb 2014".

I hope someone got fired for that blunder.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

The SC reddit thing has basically become people like shapcap shouting "This is a local shop for local people, we'll have no trouble here!" as they can't seem to think of any better ways to ignore the video viewers.

I normally never go to reddit, but I'm making an exception today just to watch the meltdowns. :)

Edit : I can't spell, apparently :D

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 1, 2019

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Nicholas posted:

At 18:35 you say "this admission from 2015" but the caption on the video says "4 Feb 2014".

I hope someone got fired for that blunder.

The visual citation is correct, my narration is wrong about the year.

Well, I'll own that fuckup.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772600&pagenumber=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Bootcha posted:

Wait, poo poo, wrong series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2dbNx3c7uk

Edit: Cat taxxe paid on last page.

Superbly done and well worth the wait. Great work, sir!