Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Cast of Characters:

Billie Odynom the Ghoul, played by SHY NUDIST GRRL
Jay Brewer the Witch, played by Capfalcon
Luna Lovell the Werewolf, played by thatbastardken
Paisley Severance the Queen, played by Tricky

----------------------------------------

code:
[Mr. Cook]

[MAEVE] [DAMIEN] [JAY] [JENNA] [HALE]
[LUNA] [CHRIS] [WINTER] [KRYSTAL] [MARY ANNE]
[BRAYDEN] [ASHLYNN] [PAISLEY] [MARTA] [BILLIE]
It’s officially past the summer months, going into November. The temperature has finally cooled down to that fall weather temperature, and there’s still talks of what people got up to on Halloween. But most of that is being replaced with who going with who to the party at Damien’s house later tonight - a good old Friday night party hosted by a rich kid. You don’t have to worry about bringing your own drinks or drugs and the only issue might be if you’re NOT allowed to be there.

Mr. Cook is busy writing something and occasionally staring off into space for a moment. He’s a bit distracted and just makes sure nothing too bad is going on in class that catches his attention.

Billie: What did Dr. Levee recently drop by for? And are you worried that as the temperature gets colder homeless people might be less likely to pass out near your home?

Chris is talking loudly to Brayden, enough for you to hear. “You think I should try out for the football team? They’re out a linebacker and I mean, look at who they had last.” He points to you, making sure you can see it. “I’d have no problem getting in if that’s who they had to resort to.” What do you do?

Jay: Damien is leaning over to talk with you. “So there’s a party tonight at my house. You should totally come. Gonna be great, my parents are out for the weekend so we can do pretty much whatever.” He pauses for a moment like he’s trying to think of something to interest you personally. “We can shoot some hoops out front before the party starts too.” Jenna and Winter look to see what you say. Krystal gives you a thumbs up - she thinks you should take the invitation. What do you do?

Luna: You think you might be one of the people not allowed at the party. And it looks like Jay is getting invited. Do you want to follow him there or are you fine missing the party? Also Maeve keeps looking at you when she thinks you aren’t watching. What do you do?

Paisley: You can see your friends trying to get Jay to come to the party. Was it Damien's idea or yours to have a party tonight? And is Luna allowed to attend? You’ve sensed the three of them won’t be happy if she's there, but they’ll defer if you want her to be.

Mary Anne is slumped in her chair with her eyes closed. She might be relaxing or actually sleeping, you’re not sure which. Having lived her lifestyle before, you’re aware she’s probably not going to come to the party because she’ll need to work. This might be a chance to try and get closer to her. What do you do?

Billie highlight Volatile

Jay highlight Hot

Luna highlight Dark

Paisley highlight Dark

OOC Thread

String Sheet/NPCs
Please put your character sheet in a quote block at the bottom of your first post, and keep it updated as the game goes on. For the start of the game, wait until everyone has made one post before posting again. This is just so that it’s easier for me to look at character sheets in the future when coming back to the first page.

Rules:

Make one move or roll per post, ask me if you want an exception for some reason.

When you get/remove a String, update the String sheet and add a note on how you got/removed it. At the end of a session, I'll remove all the notes so that things don't get so cluttered up.

Singleton rule for Strings applies per person, so you may get Strings from the same ability multiple times in a scene.

Have fun!

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jay Brewer, The Witch
Hot: -1 | Cold: 2 | Vol: -1 | Dark: +1
Harm: 0/4 | XP: 0

I'm keeping my head down and doing homework as usual when Damien leans over to talk, and I restrain an eye roll when he settles on basketball as something I've just got to be interested in. But look, I'm not made of stone. A night out with some people who actually want me around? Booze and designer drugs? Yeah, I could put up with a bit of tone-deaf outreach for that.

So, I lean back and whisper, "Sure. What time?" I think for a moment, then decide to lean into the basketball thing, "Also, I can get there a little early if you want to get beat before the audience gets there."

quote:

Name: Jay Brewer
Look: Guarded, Calculating Eyes
Origin: Dabbler

Stats
Hot: -1
Cold: 2
Volatile: -1
Dark: 1

Moves

Sympathetic Tokens

You gain power from sympathetic tokens - items of personal significance that you take from others. Each sympathetic token counts as a String.

Bide My Time
If you’ve got a sympathetic token against someone, add 1 to all rolls to hold steady against their actions or to run away from them.

Cold as Ice
When you successfully shut someone down (7 up), you may choose an extra option from the 7-9 list.

Hex-Casting
You can cast Hexes. Choose two that you know. To cast them, either expend a sympathetic token during a secret ritual, or meet the target’s gaze and chant at them in tongues. Then roll with dark.
On a 10 up, the Hex works and can easily be reversed.
On a 7-9, it works but choose one:
the casting does you 1 harm;
the Hex has unexpected side effects;
trigger your Darkest Self.

Ring of Lies
Whenever the person attempts to lie, they hear a piercing ringing noise. Big lies will often make their knees buckle and disorient them. Severe lies can cause harm or even brain damage.

Wither
The person loses all of their hair, or their teeth start rotting and falling out, or their period comes and it comes by the bucketful, or their skin gets all sickly yellow and spotty. Whatever the specifics, it’s bad.

Sex Move
After sex, you can take a sympathetic token from them. They know about it, and it’s cool.

Darkest Self
The time for subtlety and patience is over. You’re too powerful to put up with their garbage any longer. You hex anyone who slights you. All of your hexes have unexpected side effects, and are more effective than you are comfortable with. To escape your Darkest Self, you must offer peace to the one you have hurt the most.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jan 24, 2020

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Billie Odynom
Hot -1 Cold 1 Volatile 2 Dark -1
Harm 0/4 XP 0/5

Right. So I'm getting my hormones from doc and she starts talking. It's what she does. She needs a twitter or something. So she's saying her back up plan is to get into medical marijuana. Failed to mention exactly what the current plan is. So she gives me a second bottle. I'm supposed to soak my product in it when I plant. Uh yeah no. If it causes a wicked bad trip I'm probably out of a customer and that hustle is my life line. So she gave me another bottle, because she's just meth labbing it up I guess, that I can spike joints with. She had a whole lot to say about how this would have diminished effects on all the benefits she engineered into the draught. Eventually she got around to the merit in a more controlled test for safety standards as I was suggesting. Well that's how she understood what I said. The short of it is I have to con some dweebs into trying out some super weed or doctor feelgood might be annoyed enough to reconsider giving me insured rated. There's supposed to be a party happening. A great petri dish of people for experiments.

I really don't want to risk the sweet deal I got going when it's about to be my first winter of rough sleeping. I don't think I feel the cold. But I got an out door growing operation that's not going to survive. So I need to figure out something. If I can't make my phone bill I'll go insane. It doesn't matter how many free meals freeze on the streets. Maybe I could sell feet pics or something. Ugh.

I don't even look back at that incel dipshit running his mouth. "If you can tackle me and prove you can hold the line better then I'm sure coach will be impressed." I just state it flatly. Invite him to get his rear end kicked. I'll go for the throat if he backs off and opens himself up for it. And if he isn't scared? I'll just wound him psychically instead of emotionally.

quote:

Name: Billie Odynom

Look: Striking, Hungry Eyes

Origin: Resurrected

Hot: -1
Cold: 1
Volatile: 2
Dark: -1

The Hunger
You have a Hunger for: flesh.
When you heedlessly pursue a Hunger, add 1 to rolls. When you ignore a feeding opportunity, roll to hold steady

Ending
You remember how you died. When you tell someone about it, give them the Condition morbid, and roll to turn them on

Satiety
When you satiate a Hunger, choose one: } heal one harm; } remove a Condition; } mark experience; } carry 1 forward.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, add “having sex with [this person]” as an additional Hunger. If you already have this Hunger, mark experience.

Darkest Self
You will maim, kill and destroy anything in between you and the nearest object of your hunger. You will feed relentlessly. You escape your Darkest Self when someone restrains you or fends you off for long enough for you to regain your composure – at least thirty or forty minutes.

Your Backstory
Someone reminded you what love was, when you thought that death had stolen it away from you forever.
Give them 2 Strings.
Did anyone watch you die, or watch you come back to life? If so, you both gain 2 Strings on each other.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Luna Lovell
Hot 1 Cold -1 Volatile 1 Dark 0
Harm 0/4 XP 0/5

Not to be super white girl basic, but I loving love fall. Jackets start coming out, hot drinks, parties that don't involve a pool or someone's dad grilling, the general sense of change and slow ending in the air...OK, maybe I can admit that I'm a little bit basic about it. Just bury me in fallen leaves, I guess. Put pumpkin spice in my grave goods.

quote:

Luna: You think you might be one of the people not allowed at the party. And it looks like Jay is getting invited. Do you want to follow him there or are you fine missing the party? Also Maeve keeps looking at you when she thinks you aren’t watching. What do you do?

One of the really useful skills I've developed as a result of my recent lifestyle changes is going places where people don't want me to be. If I want to follow Jay (and I do! house party with the rich kid? inhibitions down due to intoxication? let's see what you're made of, you spooky nerd!) I'm not going to need anything like an invitation. I might go through the front door, I might hop the fence, I might mug the pizza guy and disguise myself. Probably the fence thing, because Damien's place has all these pine trees planted around the perimeter which makes it easy to get in without being noticed from the house.

Speaking of being noticed, the next time Maeve thinks she's being subtle with her little glances I look her in the eyes and give her a grin and an exaggerated wink. I did a sketch of a cool orchid I saw in her 'secret garden' but I'm not passing notes in class, so she's going to have to wait to get that. When I hear Billie talking poo poo at Chris from across the room I stop smiling, though. There's a real edge in her voice, but Chris is a notorious dumbass and if he rises to the bait we might see some poo poo. Like why she could walk off a bullet to the heart. Ah gently caress, I can feel my beast wanting to rise to the threat even when it's not aimed at me.

The Werewolf posted:

Name: Luna Lovell
Look: Unkempt, Wolf Eyes
Origin: Favored By The Moon

Labels:
Hot +1
Cold -1
Volatile +1
Dark +0

Moves:
Howl at the Moon: When basked in moonlight, add 2 to your Dark score.

Spirit Armour: When basked in moonlight, any harm that you suffer is reduced by 1, and you add 2 to hold steady rolls

Heightened Senses: When you rely on your animal instincts to make sense of a charged situation, roll with dark. On a 10 up, ask the MC three questions. On a 7-9, ask one. If you act on one of the MC’s answers, add 1 to your first roll:
  • Where’s my best escape route or way in?
  • Which enemy is the most vulnerable to me?
  • What’s their secret weakness?
  • What poses the biggest threat to me?
  • Who’s in control here?

Your Backstory:

You lack subtlety. Give a String to everyone.

You’ve spent weeks watching someone from a distance. Their scent and mannerisms are unmistakable to you now. Take 2 Strings on them.

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jan 30, 2020

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Paisley Severance || Hot: +1 | Cold: +1 | Vol: -1 | Dark: +0 || Harm: 0/4 | XP: 0

Damien is a trusted servant and, indeed, I find it quite useful to give him latitude in matters such as these. My involvement in the planning was a mere spark of thought. 'A gala would be quite nice, wouldn't it?' Damien's expertise and person have managed the rest. It may not be apparent from my current attire and bearing, but I know little enough of the complexities of the social web that connects the moneyed and powerful.

I can sense it, to an extent, and I've spent many nights gleaning everything I can from Damien, Winter, and Jenna, but the more I learn the more I come to understand that my understanding is... incomplete. For now, that is. The party will be an excellent opportunity to deepen ties among those desirable and, too, reinforce my kingdom against the predations of those who would threaten it. Luna, for example.

Luna is, unambiguously, banned from the premises. I am benevolent to those who serve me well and, of course, my trusted retainers have done nothing to merit such punishment... yet. Dare I hope that a simple 'no' will dissuade her? Unlikely. Social norms and matters of unspoken understanding seem to hold little sway with her. It is quite frustrating, particularly given how easily such techniques bring others to heel.

I will have to remind the others to consider the contingencies were she to steal into the house. Jump the fence like a thief in the night, perhaps. I will not contenance threats to my person, but if the retainers fail to secure the premises and she peacefully enjoys the party... I suppose that they can only blame themselves in such an eventuality.

With quiet grace, I push in my chair and move towards Mary Anne's desk. I won't force the issue if she cannot attend, but at this juncture... I do still need an enforcer. I possess the means to solve many of her problems, should she acquiesce and swear fealty, but that is a conversation to be had in different times. The ceremonies require a certain degree of focus and lowered inhibitions, the sort which Mr. Cook's class are not prone to providing.

With a smile that I don't entirely feel — when was the last time I did? — I pull the curtain tight around my real self. It is not time to be the queen. It is time to be Paisley, if only the one I remember. I get in close and say, "Are you going to be able to make the party? It'd be a real shame if you missed it."

The Queen posted:

Name: Paisley Severance
Look: Stunning, Calculating Eyes
Origin: Firstborn of the Hive Mind

Labels:
Hot +1
Cold +1
Volatile -1
Dark +0

Moves:
The Clique: You’re at the head of the toughest, coolest, most powerful clique around. They count as a gang. Choose one of the following strengths for your gang: they’re connected (with money and designer drugs).

Streaming: You have a telepathic connection with your gang members. You can always hear their emotions and fears. When you try to hear specific thoughts, gaze into the abyss about it and add 1 to your roll.

Many Bodies: When you promise one of your gang members to someone, add 2 to your roll to turn someone on. When one of your gang members has sex with someone, it triggers your Sex Move.

Your Backstory:
Name three NPCs who are members of your gang. Gain a String on each.
Damien, who's dad does some weird cutting-edge pharmacology in Columbus. Killer highs.
Jenna, heir to some old oil family. Very generous, if I ask her to be.
Winter, aspiring fashionista. She has a look for every occasion, which means I have look for every occasion.

You find someone threatening. Give them a String on you, and take two Strings on them.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Mar 25, 2020

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Jay: Damien chuckles. "We'll see, we'll see. You can show up early - around 6 or so." He has a big grin on his face, like he's really happy you decided to accept. Winter says "You want a new outfit for the party? I'm sure I can have something for you."

Kystal leans over you and puts her hands on your shoulders. "Can't wait to hang out at the party Jay!" she says excitedly. But on the edge of the classroom, Hale glares at you. Getting personally invited to the rich kid's party and now Krystal is all over you? He's going to make you pay for this. What do you do?

Billie: Chris turns to you with a smirk on his face. "Why would the coach be impressed at me tackling a girl? That's what you think of yourself, right? Unless you're saying you're still a man? But yeah, I could take you up on that offer - but I don't think Mr. Cook will let me humiliate you in front of the class."

Mr. Cook looks up. "Don't fight in class," he says before turning his attention back to what's he's writing. He stops and then says "Don't fight at all," before returning yet again to his work.

"See? I'm being nice here Bill," Chris says smugly, knowing you can't really call his bluff without Mr. Cook getting involved. What do you do?

Luna: When you grin and wink at Maeve, she looks panicked and fearful for a moment before whirling back to her seat and trying not to catch your eye again. What do you do?

Paisley: Mary Anne opens her eyes with a start and looks at you. "Huh? Uh, no. I've got work to do." She looks at you suspiciously, like she's trying to figure out why the popular girl is personally asking about her plans tonight. What do you do?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 0/5

I just roll my eyes at him. "Real impressive to get a teacher involved so fast. Hiding behind others is more of a quarterback skill. But they're supposed to be the leaders on the field. Not a position for someone who has all their opinions told to them by youtube con-artists. What's Jorts Peepee's insights on how to defend against a blitz? Can he use the comic book he ripped his cosmology from to determine how to set up a defensive line against the feminine godhead of chaos? Well clean your room is pretty advanced so you're probably still on the twelve steps." Chris is probably a big enough dumb rear end to not have seen that as a way bigger set up to expose him a coward dipshit than to actually get in a fight with him. I'd never give that trash so much warning as to challenge him to a duel.

Shutdown 10. Taking a string on Chris

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jay Brewer, The Witch
Harm: 0/4 | XP: 1

I look around at people smiling at me, and for a moment, I forget where I am. I grin at the pair of them, saying, "Well, I'll probably need a change after our game." I cock my head at Winter, saying, "I could just bring a change of clothes, but what do you have in mind?" Presuming it's in good taste (not a bad assumption when it comes to Winter), I agree. For a moment, I wonder why she has boy's clothes. But, well, my family is well off, but her's is rich. I've heard of weirder hobbies, and she's got the money to burn. Then, Krystal lets me know she's really excited to see me there, and that reminds me of where I am. I glance around, and sure enough, Hale is staring daggers at me. Nothing is ever this simple. But you know what? I'm gonna have a good time, and the only way to make sure that doesn't happen is to make sure he's got bigger problems.

I look back at Krystal, saying non-comicality, "Yeah, should be fun." Not a lot of time until tonight, so I have to get this moving. I say, "Actually. Hold that thought. I'll be right back." I stand up and ask Mr. Cook to let me go to the bathroom, and he agrees without even looking up from his work. Once I'm in the hall, I don't look behind me, instead bolting straight to the bathroom and lock a stall behind me. I kneel down and stare into the toilet. It's not exactly a scrying bowl, but it'll suffice. I wave my hand over the water and softly chant, conjuring a vision of how best to get a token from Hale. I know there's... other options to conjure visions, but I don't need them. No, I'm not desperate.

I'm in control.

@Jay Brewer: 2d6+1 gaze into the toliet = (4+1)+1 = 6

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Billie: Chris stares at you, unsure how to respond. "The...the femine godhead of chaos doesn't have anything to do with football," is what he blurts out and boy does it make him look stupider to everyone. He looks around and glares at you. "gently caress you freak," he huffs. "Come at me - I dare you." Without looking up Mr. Cook says "Knock it off, you two." You can see Chris is trying to make it look like he'd be perfectly willing to kick your rear end and doesn't expect you to actually do anything. What do you do?

Jay: You look into the toilet and as your hand waves over an image begins to form. Blurry at first, it slowly begins to clear until -

BANG

The door flies open and Hale steps in the stall. Looks like the bathroom doors in this school are on par with the rest of it. But he sees you standing over the toilet and looking in, and pauses in confusion for a brief moment. Then he continues to move towards you anyway. What do you do?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jay Brewer, The Witch

I stumble to my feet, then after our mutual moment of surprise passes, I try and force my way past him. If I'm lucky, I can get to the class before he grabs me.

failed run away

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Paisley Severance || Hot: +1 | Cold: +1 | Vol: -1 | Dark: +0 || Harm: 0/4 | XP: 1

I suppose her trepidation is only understandable. I've come a long way from the weak girl I was some months ago. I say, "That's unfortunate. I do hear that it's set to be the party of the year... it'd be a shame to miss it. Are you sure you can't just take this one night off?"

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 6:38 AM
@Paisley Severance: 2d6+1 manipulate mary anne = (3+1)+1 = 5

Fails, but marking XP.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Luna Lovell
Harm 0/4 XP 0+1/5

quote:

Luna: When you grin and wink at Maeve, she looks panicked and fearful for a moment before whirling back to her seat and trying not to catch your eye again. What do you do?

Aww, is she shy? That's cute. I guess it couldn't hurt to push her buttons a bit. I pull out the sketch and put a few final touches on it, write a little note:

quote:

nice flowers, you grow anything cooler? ; ) lets talk gardens sometime

And super subtly drop it down the back of her sweater while the class is distracted by Chris posturing.

@Luna Lovell: 2d6+1 manipulate maeve = (6+2)+1 = 9

what will it take to get Maeve to met me outside class?

Marking xp

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Jay: Hale socks you in the stomach as you try to get by, and grabs you as you try to catch your breath. He slams you into the stall wall a few times during the struggle before knocking you down and begins to try to push your head into the toilet.

Take 1 Harm

"If you want to look in the toilet so bad," he says while you resist having your head shoved in, "I'll help you out!" What do you do?

Paisley: "Yeah sure I'll just call in and tell them I'm actually not going to work tonight because loving Paisley Severance wants me at her friend's stupid party for some reason. gently caress o-"

Mary Anne gets interrupted by Jenna, who has apparently been watching the two of you and decided to come over and help. "Come on Mary Anne, it'll be fun!" She lowers her voice and leans in. "And you know, I could get you fired if you're going to be this way. So just shut up and take the offer." She turns to you and smiles, which is how she doesn't see Mary Ann looking like she's a few seconds from leaping out of her chair and throttling both of you. What do you do?

Luna: When Maeve realizes there's a note in her sweater she awkwardly struggles to get it out. She looks at it and her eyes widen. She looks around and waves to get the attention Marta. Marta notices, puts down her homework she's working on, and heads over. You can see Maeve is going to want Marta at her side if you want to met her outside class. What do you do?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP /5

"Yeah yeah you'll get yours soon enough." I give poo poo head a big ol' grin. "But I'll respect the old man's wishes for now." I give a mock salute and take my leave. To the bathroom if anyone asks. But who gives a poo poo. Cook is doing his own work he probably wouldn't even notice.

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Oct 2, 2019

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jay Brewer, The Witch

Wheezing, I try to escape, but as he pushes me further down towards the toilet, I let out a yell of fury and fling an arm up, trying to get a hold of his hair.

I'm so pissed at this point that I'm not even really thinking. If I get a hold of him, I'm not sure if I'd use my grip to pry him off of me and or if I'd use my grip to pull out some hair as a token.

Failed Hold Steady

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Luna Lovell
Harm 0/4 XP 1/5

Marta? I didn't pick them for a friend of Maeve at all, but whatever. She can bring a friend. I just wanna talk about flowers and maybe score some weed from someone who isn't quite as...intimidating...as Billie. Who is leaving the room without any hands getting thrown, to my slight relief. I pretend not to pay attention to whatever it is M&M are talking about and instead needle Chris a bit. "Nice going, dork. She's not going to gently caress you because you negged her, you gotta stop reading that PUA crap. I get that dating is hard for people with brain damage, but try asking nicely next time."

not bothered by Marta coming with Maeve.

@Luna Lovell: 2d6-1 shut down chris = (2+5)-1 = 6

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Jay: Hale easily overpowers you, avoiding your attempts at grabbing his hair and shoves your head into the toilet. He probably didn't even realize that's what you were doing. You can feel the water going up your nose.

Hale takes a String on you

"You going to stay away from Krystal, or do you need some more humiliation before you get the point?" What do you do?

Billie: "Yeah that's what I thought," you hear Chris say as you leave. You wander the halls some, until you hear a commotion from the boy's bathroom. It sounds like a physical fight going on as there are shouts and the sounds of someone getting slammed around, followed by someone shouting about Krystal. What do you do?

Luna: Chris looks at you like you're the stupidest person he's ever seen. "Why the hell would I want to gently caress him? I'm not into people denying basic biology. Seems like maybe you're the one into crazy people, Loony. A girl white knighting a guy? Interesting." You can see the other people in class coming to the same conclusion now that Chris has said it out loud. What do you do?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP /5

Ah jeez. Buncha freaking meatheads in this place. I bang on the door. "Y'all loving in there? Get a car you animals."
They could all kill each other for all I care as long as it's over dumb poo poo. But maybe it's a queer bash and big momma Billie has to step in. So let's see if there's an idiot that drops everything when called gay.

It's not like I can go in there to see for myself. That's the boy's room.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Paisley Severance || Hot: +1 | Cold: +1 | Vol: -1 | Dark: +0 || Harm: 0/4 | XP: 1/5

I consider Jenna's tactic a moment. Her initiative in this matter is appreciated, but I cannot say it will prove effective. Would it have not been better to use the carrot than the stick? With such pull as she can bring to bear, surely an absence could be excused for a single shift. I suppose, in the end, this is why I am the queen and she a mere courtier.

I say, "I don't think that's necessary, Jenna. If Mary Anne does not wish to attend due to prior engagements, that is certainly her prerogative." I brush my hair back behind my ear, seeming to catch Mary Anne's eye in the process. "If you do change your mind, Mary Anne, I can ensure that your absence will not be penalized."

I cannot deny the efficacy of Winter's fashion design. I've noticed far more eyes upon me since I've taken to wearing her work. Still, given the emotions that Jenna has stirred up, the path forward seems to involve a feint backwards. I see the look in her eyes. Perhaps our next encounter will be sooner than she had expected... and far less fraught. I walk back to my seat and bring Jenna with me while she struggles with the mix of emotions surely filling her.

I say, "A light touch will be better received, I think. I trust you can smooth things over with her employer, should that become necessary?"

quote:

SidekickBOTYesterday at 3:41 PM
@Paisley Severance: 2d6+1 turn on mary anne = (5+5)+1 = 11

Taking a string on her.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jay Brewer, The Witch

I look up at him, eyes defiant, saying, "What, you can't get a girl to like you, so you decide you're gonna play caveman? Pathetic."

I'm still not even sure if I really like Krystal, to be honest, but I'll be hosed before I let this rear end in a top hat make the decision for me.

When I hear Billie yell into the bathroom, I can't help but laugh, wheezing a little as I say, "You gotta admit, she's got your number. This is probably as close as you're going to get to fuckin' before prom."

@Jay Brewer: 2d6+2 shut down = (4+1)+2 = 7
We both lose strings on each other.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Paisley: "Oh." Jenna seems surprised at that suggestion. "Uh yeah, I could do that." You see Mary Anne coming over. She looks a little confused, which is a lot better then how angry she looked just before.

"Why do you want me at the party? And don't give me any bullshit." What do you do?

Jay: Hale looks even angrier now. "gently caress you!" He shoves your head back in, but you can see you got to him. What do you do?

Billie: You hear an angry conversation before one of the people inside shouts, "gently caress off unless you want me to kick your rear end next!" You recognize the voices as Jay and Hale. There's definitely a fight going on. What do you do?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Luna Lovell
Harm 0/4 XP 1/5

I hate that loving name. For a split second I'm about to leap out of my chair and punch Chris's stupid teeth down his throat, but I stop myself before I move. Don't wanna prove his point just yet. I change my verbal tack to something less subtle. Maybe if I hard enough he might actually hit me to prove how big a man he is?

"Hey, if you're so sure she's a guy why didn't you hit her? Either you think she's a girl and it'd make you look like a little bitch, or you think she'd kick your rear end. Which kind of makes you a bitch either way, right?."

Ha, that's got him steamed. I slowly mouth the word 'bitch' at him again.

@Luna Lovell: 2d6-1 shut down chris = (4+2)-1 = 5

changed to be a manipulate roll, ends up a 7

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Oct 3, 2019

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Luna: Chris looks like he's considering decking you, but looks over at Mr. Cook. "Loony, I'm not getting detention today just for you. Why don't you sit down and go back to fantasizing about Bill?" If you got Mr. Cook to leave, he'd probably be willing to fight you now once he won't get in trouble. What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Paisley Severance || Hot: +1 | Cold: +1 | Vol: -1 | Dark: +0 || Harm: 0/4 | XP: 1/5

I consider my tact. 'Bullshit,' as she puts it, was certainly my first inclination, but I can appreciate a direct approach in these trying times. I say, "Two reasons. First, I remember when I was the one working three jobs and not able to do anything fun. Second, I think it would be useful to have you around."

Let her read into that as she will. It's no secret that she's a loose cannon, at least until I have some time to smooth over her flaws, but it's certainly a believable reason that someone in my position might hold. Hopefully the mention of empathy softens anything that might make her bristle.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP /5

Oh it's Jay and Hale. "Hale you're not doing a racism in there are you?" Hmm Jay could be my ticket to that party... P really seemed to want him there. Just have to turn it into a package deal. "Maybe you could protect the sanctity of white womanhood for a chick that doesn't dress like she's double gay, it'll be more convincing you give a poo poo about the woman."

Shut down, 7. Giving the White Knight condition

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Oct 4, 2019

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Paisley: She continues to look at you, and then motions outside. "Do you want to talk about it in private?" Jenna looks a little concerned about that idea. What do you do?

Jay: "If you move I'll smash your face against the toilet and flush your teeth down the drain," Hale says before heading out to confront Billie. What do you do?

Billie: "All right. I warned you."

Hale gives you the condition Dead Meat

You hear Hale stomping towards you before he throws the door open and comes at you fists swinging. What do you do?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 1/4 XP /5

I sucker punch the rear end in a top hat as soon as she shows his face. At least that was the plan. Clever boy is quick on the draw enough we kind of cross counter. "Ah!" I rub my cheek. "Not bad."

9 for lash out. trading harm

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I pat Jenna's shoulder reassuringly, sending calm through our connection. This is a moment of truth. Should Mary Anne prove receptive, the court may well grow on this day. And if not... well, better to know sooner than to continue to spend energy on one not receptive. I stand and say, "Sure, let's go."

On the reasonable assumption that she will follow and Jenna will not, I exit the classroom gracefully. Mr. Cook is likely too busy contemplating what's gone wrong in life to even muster the slightest objection and, to be fair to the poor sot, I'd imagine the brewing confrontation between Luna and Chris is more than enough to occupy his already-strained faculties. I linger by the door, since I think it fair that Mary Anne should pick the locale in which we speak. I can only imagine it will reveal much about her thoughts and desires.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jay Brewer, The Witch

Like hell I'm gonna stay put. As soon as he's out of sight, I get to my feet and head to the door.

By that time, he's duking it out with Billie. drat, I really do owe her at this point. I'll sort that out later, but for now...

Hale's brawling with Billie to... hell, I don't even know at this point. Prove he's not a bigot by punching the person who said he was? What an idiot.

Who needs an omen for advice when the perfect opportunity just falls into your lap?

I rush Hale from behind. I latch onto him and grab him by the hair. I'm not trying to really hurt him, and while I manage to turn him around enough to probably feel dizzy, he eventually gets me off. But it's too late. I close my fist tighter on the strands of hair and grin. Oh, this will be sweet.

I just have to figure out whens the best time to curse him.

[I]got a 10+ on my hold steady to rip out some hair, and I'll take +1 forward[/i>]

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Luna Lovell
Harm 0/4 XP 1/5

I side-eye Mr Cook as well, trying to think of anything that might make him leave the room. I come up blank, and resort to sullenly flipping Chris off and turning to stare at the window. If I can't think of anything, maybe Moon can give me an idea. Sometimes I can hear them in reflections and echoes, and this dirty pane of glass is going to have to fill in for a still forest pool. I kind of...will the images to blur and swirl, hoping to see something useful.

@Luna Lovell: 2d6 gaze into the window = (2+4) = 6

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Billie: Hale is a bit distracted by Jay jumping on his back, but once he shrugs him off Hale tackles you to the ground and lands on top of you. He puts his left arm on your throat, constricting your breathing while his right hand is balled in a fist heading towards your face. He wasn't loving around when he said he'd hurt you.

Hale uses your Dead Meat condition to act at Advantage against you

What do you do?

Jay: You have some of Hale's hair, but now Billie is in a bit of a tight spot. Considering how Hale doesn't really see you as much of a threat, you could escape this right now if you're fine leaving Billie to deal with him alone. What do you do?

Luna: You turn to the window and hear whispers:

.....ght......
.....throom....
.....jallie...

You can see the reflection of Mr. Cook leaving, but it's hard to figure out what the gently caress you're supposed to say to make that happen.

.....fine.....

You see him leave, and this time you only realize that you actually hear the door closing when you also hear Brayden say "Hey wait Chris hold on-"

and then you get smashed into the wall from behind as Chris slams into you. He's not a great fighter, but he's big enough for the impact to daze you.

Take 1 Harm

"Gotcha!" He has his fists up, and you can see Ashlynn has her phone out, pointing it at you. What do you do?

Paisley: Mary Anne finds a janitor's closet nearby. You have to set aside some of the equipment - it's possible the janitor isn't here or hasn't been replaced or whatever goes on at this school. She looks around, closes the door, and stares at you for a brief but intense moment before saying, "Okay. Paisley. What do you want me at your party for? Do you want me to beat someone up for you? I can understand if you don't want to say it in class, but it's just the two of us here. Tell me why you're so desperate to get me to go along. It's weirding me out more then Jenna's threat."

You're catching emotions of surprise from Damien and Jenna. Not the kind that means they're involved, but something just happened in class. What do you do?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jay Brewer, The Witch
Harm: 1/4 | XP: 1

I'm about to turn tail and bolt when Hale pounces and pins Billie to the ground. I leap into... well, no. I do hesitate a second. I mean, I've got what I need, and I really don't want to tangle with Hale directly. But... well... Billie's the reason I'm currently not choking on toilet water. I can't just leave her like that. So, I run up to them and start prying him off Billie. While he's flailing to get me off, I say, "Some protector you are, smacking around the first girl that backtalks you." Then, I finally rip him off and send him tumbling headfirst into the lockers.

2d6+1 using forward to beat up the white knight = (4+2)+1 = 7
Giving Hale a string

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I focus on the immediate, of course. I'll look on Damien and Jenna's thoughts once this conversation takes it's course. I meet her gaze with my own, calm and intense in equal measure, and say, "I'm a little worried about Luna." I let that sit and wait for her to draw the natural conclusion. The moment I see a flash of understanding, I add, "It may not end up being a problem, but if there is something that happens I'd like someone at the party able to deal with it."

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Luna Lovell
Harm 1/4 XP 2/5

The first organized thought I have is that sometimes a mirror is just a mirror, I guess. The second one is that I've bitten the inside of my lip when Chris smacked me into the wall and I can taste blood. The third is that I'm going to really enjoy tearing this rear end in a top hat apart. I turn around and spit some blood to the side, eyeing up Chris's stance. Sloppy, but eager. I start forward to fake him out, and when he winds up his big slow haymaker it feels like I have all the time in the world to grab him by the jacket and direct that momentum out the window and into the parking lot on the other side. Can't help taunting him a little further, see if he feels like coming back for another round after getting a face full of glass and gravel.

"You hit like a bitch, Moors. Never going to make the team like that."

@Luna Lovell: 2d6+1 lash out at chris = (2+6)+1 = 9

chris can gain a string on luna

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 1/4 XP /5

Free of the chode I get up in a charge. I'm about to smash into the guy and the lockers but stop short. One of my two remaining brain cells reminds me that I'm only going to get to stone cold stunner one rear end in a top hat on campus before I'm thrown out and and I'm not spending that on anyone but Chris. He's looking pretty done anyway. I just point at him. "Stick to go fast. Rough housing is my sport. And you ain't welcome in my house."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Jay: Hale turns around. His blood is smeared around his nose , and a few splatters of blood have gotten on the lockers. "You're loving dead," he growls as he glares at you. "You can't have your friend to protect you all the time." What do you do?

Billie: "gently caress you too," Hale says. He flips you off while walking away. What do you do?

Paisley: Mary Ann grins. "You should have just said that upfront!" She punches you in the shoulder playfully - which for her is still pretty hard. "You said you can cover for me? I guess I could go in that case." She looks a little hesitant for a moment and then says, "Any...anything else you want?" She looks at you intently to see what you say. What do you do?

Luna: Chris lets out a scream as he's hurled through the glass window. There's a moment of silence while everyone looks at the broken window. Then you hear Chris yell out "What the hell you psychotic bitch?!"

Chris spends his String to give you the condition Psycho

He staggers to his feet and begins to pick out the tiny bits of glass stuck in his skin. "Ow. Ow. Ow." Meanwhile, Ashlynn smiles and puts her phone away. What do you do?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jay Brewer, The Witch
Harm: 2/4 | XP: 2

Yeah, whatever, rear end in a top hat. I wave my hand in his general direction in a general "get lost" gesture, then I lean down on my knees and let out a deep sigh of exhaustion from the adrenaline crash. I look up at Billie, and genuinely thankful, I say, "Hey, thanks. For lending a hand. Fucker was gonna kill me in there."

As the last drops of water fall off my face, I look around, then dust myself off a little, saying, "So... guess we should head back to class, huh?"

Failed turn on

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Luna Lovell
Harm 1/4 XP 2/5
Psycho

Sweet satisfaction is rapidly replaced by the stomach lurching realization that everyone's gone quiet and they're looking at me like I've...turned into a monster or something. I run my tongue along my teeth to make sure they're all still human, and they are, so I guess this is just normal bullshit. I scoff and wipe away some blood from the corner of my mouth before sneering at the class.

"Oh, so everyone's fine when he hits me in the back, but when he falls over his own fat feet to try again and goes out the window I'm the bad guy? gently caress y'all."

I pick my bag up as casually as I can and walk to the door. Turn to flip everyone off, stare daggers at Ashlynn, and then look at Maeve, kind of huddling by Marta, and switch out for finger guns and a half smile.

"You're cool though. Cook comes back tell him I went to get cleaned up."

Once the door is closed behind me I slump and let out a breath I don't remember holding. gently caress. Oh man I hosed up. I head for the bathroom, hoping to clear my head.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Despite my aching shoulder, this bodes well. Her interest is clear, which makes the prospect of initiation one that is decidedly within my grasp. Still, it wouldn't do to play my hand too fully just yet. Particularly not in a cramped closet full of cleaning supplies. I work better with a modicum of space and perhaps a touch of proper ambiance.

I do say, though, "You." It's a bit bold, and certainly easy to misinterpret, so I wait a moment for her to process and to take stock of her facial expression before continuing. "A personal invitation is not something I would offer to anyone with a solid right hook, Mary Anne. If tonight goes well, perhaps I'll be seeing more of you at parties to come."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 1/4 XP /5

"Yeah. Intersectionality and all that." I sigh and rub my cheek. "I guess. I'm feeling kind of done with class." I'm not feeling particularly subtle today. "So you're going to that party, right? Can I tag along?"